It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us planes unleash 40,000 pounds of bombs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I think you realize you are being disingenuous. On the previous page you made a post to me about WP being a WMD. The article you linked to on this page says some nonesense about WP being illegal.

So where is the evidence for WMD being used in Iraq? It's certainly not WP. You are now moving the goalposts.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Reading over this I am completely amazed at the diversity of opinions and strong veiw points directed towards pure speculation. Many quickly jump up to defend "innocent civillians" and speak of atrocities they blame on the US military. Please give me proof of deliberate, coordinated, planned attrocities perpetrated by our military against innocent civilians in Iraq. Not speculation. And please, no more videos of Pogues that couldn't take military life sitting safely at home complaining about everything they can to get a little attention from the bleeding hearts.

Take the fight to the enemy and hope that they never bring it to you because if they do, I can assure you that there will be no public outcry in their country for you or your family. You will simply be a casualty of war and their soldiers will be exhalted as heros in their homeland.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

I think a fair majority of the terrorists fighting in Iraq are foreigners that just wanted to get a chance to kill Americans.

I don't have any problems with the Iraqi ARMY fighting us. I just have a problem with terrorists. And cowards that set off bombs in markets are terrorists.

And I don't think I'll be losing any sleep over any dead terrorists.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I did analysis I know what the definitions are, when we refer to the insurgency in Iraq we are taking mostly about foreign fighters that have come in and changed the face of the war

Understand that the war/enemy we are fighting now is far diff from the initial war effort. The very face of the enemy has changed most of local clerics like Al Sadr do hold onto the combatants that were there, but realize there is not one enemy... there are multiple groups with diff agendas. most of the groups are lead by the outsourced insurgents....I am not denying that the displaced fighters are there fighting in the insurgency.

link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
I feel sorry for brainwashed people that see war as a video game or a movie you'd find at Blockbuster.

I feel sorry for people with their head in the sand who don't have a grasp on reality.

link   

Originally posted by spyder207
And please, no more videos of Pogues that couldn't take military life sitting safely at home complaining about everything they can to get a little attention from the bleeding hearts.......

Hmmmm.......Pogues?

Lemme guess? Marine, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder207

Are you kidding
The American government do not willingly engage on the targeting and killing of Innocent civilians.

They are just casualties, when they happen to be in the center of the bombing, I mean in the center of the unfortunately cross fire.

By then they are counted as terrorist and al-qaida fighters

With the exeption of women and children, when those are found they are the result of evil coward terrorist hidding behind the inocent.

The Irony.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The Bush administration said that we do not use weapon of mass destruction against our enemies we just bomb the heck out of them.

There is a difference between a WMD and just a buttload of bombs.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Are you kidding
The American government do not willingly engage on the targeting and killing of Innocent civilians

Oh, geez, not this tired thread again.

The US DOES NOT TARGET civilians intentionally!! Yes, they do get killed, but the US does it's best to avoid any civilian casualities.

If you don't believe me, just take a trip to Walter Reed and tell it to the Marine or Soldier that was sniped from a Mosque and we couldn't blow it up because it's a protected site.

Or the AAA pieces that I saw that were situated next to a school or in the middle of a neighborhood, so we couldn't destroy them in fear of killing civilians. Instead, they got to shoot at me.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

They do the same thing, to kill and maim the enemy, depending in which side the enemy is located, so is the meaning of what is consider a Weapon of Mass destruction.

Still the are to Mass destroy human life.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Lord, how did the U.S. win WWI and WWII with the views of some people here in this thread. I guess the answer is we did not have all these panty waists back during these wars.

Could you imagine the uproar of some here when the U.S. was carpet bombing entire cities in Germany, destroying industrial complexes along with the unfortunate civilians. God forbid if a nuke were to be used today to end a war quickly like in Japan.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

They do the same thing, to kill and maim the enemy, depending in which side the enemy is located, so is the meaning of what is consider a Weapon of Mass destruction.

WMDs are weapons like nukes, chemical weapons, biological weapons. Weapons that are pretty indiscriminate when it comes to killing.

40K of bombs are a lot of explosives, but they can be better directed onto target and will keep the casualities to who you just want to kill.

DCP

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
someone wrote
"you never see our government using the word resistance in the Iraqi conflict." You never heard the US government using the word resistance on any German's who fought against America as we were going to liberate the concentration camps.

bombing does lead to democracy.......it worked in japan

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

If you are a soldier and you are in a war zone, you know that the chances of you becoming a victim of the war is high.

You are one of the lucky ones that came back from Iraq with your life.

I was a Marine wife for 22 years my husband is retired know, I know how it feels to see you husband going to war and knowing that he may not even comeback the same again if he ever get to comeback.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Could you imagine the uproar of some here when the U.S. was carpet bombing entire cities in Germany, destroying industrial complexes along with the unfortunate civilians. God forbid if a nuke were to be used today to end a war quickly like in Japan.

I was wondering the same thing. We completely destroyed German cities without using nuclear weapons, killed everyone in them, and not too much is said about that here. We burned down Hamburg and Dresden, and killed more people in the great fireraid on Tokyo than we did in either of the Atomic Bomb drops.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Lately our government has expanded the meaning of Weapons of mass destruction depending the agendas been pushed.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I wonder is this above politics because that is sure all we are talking about here?

[edit on 10-1-2008 by birchtree]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Problem is,
These 'terrorists' are only terrorists becuase we deem them so.
Logically, being they are IRAQI's, and we are bombing them IN IRAQ.. it would fathom to be that WE are in fact the terrorists.

Put it like this.

supposidly, A kuwaiti ( Yousef ) came to America, and used X amounts of explosives to bomb Americans in the WTC in 93.. we deem this terrorism.

BUT

When we use X amounts of explosives, to bomb Iraqi's in Iraq in the present.. we deem this as justified combat...

Surely, anyone with half a brain will know, that these bombs are killing Iraqi's, destroying Iraqi homes, and devestating Iraqi lives.. which in turn will force MORE iraqi's to become freedom fighters and fight against the OCCUPIER.. thats us!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Credit goes to every military spouse out there, it is one of the hardest jobs in the military.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

Thanks but, I give credit to our military men and women that have no choice but to be involved in the Iraqi conflict right now, because they love and want to server their country.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join