It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us planes unleash 40,000 pounds of bombs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
anyways , dropping 40k of bombs is surly a good way of rebuilding a countrie and spreading democracy

I have a hunch that the bombs weren't just dropped anywhere, and were on an enemy target. Why drag them all that way if you're not going to use them on some boogereaters?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Typical neocon thread of self pleasure in the death of others.

How did this war start again? Oh yes it was them WMDs...that were never there wasn't it? Ahh nevermind, keep killing people then.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Want more proof or is this enough?
If you want more then just follow this link
Or do your own searches.

America is the worlds stockpiler of biological and chemical weapons, and it's not afraid to use them.

edit to remove one youtube vid due to too much profanity.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by interestedalways

Go ahead and turn the other cheek if you want to. I would just remind you that you only have two, and so do the people in your family ...

[edit on 1/10/2008 by centurion1211]

What exactly are you trying to say here centurian? What does my family have to do with this?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
pretty sure were killing some bad guys isurgents or al qaeda no way to identify once their dead and then everyone would be blaming US on killing what suppose to be "innocent civilians" The US already had 7 US soldiers die in the area due to fire fights. now thats quite a number and claimed that they shot more then 30 insurgents.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition. We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes where we could not get effects on them with HE [High Explosive]. We fired "shake and bake" missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out," the article said.

The use of WP in a `shake and bake` mission is illegal under the geneva conventions of war - *case proven in fullajah*

we have been over this so many times its not even funny now - it has been proven that the US used WP in direct violation of the CWC in widespread action over the city - there is video`s of the stuff being airdropped by iron bombs on the city

The use of white phosphorus in fullajah therefore breaks protocol III of the 1980 Convention on Conventional Weapons of the use incendiary weapon(s) against civilian populations ; and thus is classed in this case as a weapon of mass destruction.

this was discussed to massive length 2+ years ago which all the video`s and blogs and photos being linked then.

[edit on 10/1/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just for information, the B-1 bomber can carry 75,000 pounds of bombs. There were two of these bombers and four fighters dropping about half of that payload. Given, many bombs we use now are more efficient and "smart" than those available in the cold war when the bombers were designed. However, the figures do tell me the military is actually trying to reduce collateral damage as much as possible.

This website says that 38 bombs were dropped, so that's about 1,000 lb bombs. 500 lbs is a "small" bomb, and most "general purpose" bombs I looked up are in the neighborhood of 2,000 lbs. So again, probably "precision" guided bombs.

I just think that the number seems high in the articles, but really isn't. A single bomber could have dropped twice the payload in a matter of seconds, let alone minutes. It's certainly the largest attack in Iraq in the apst few years, but I think that just shows the restraint used by the military compared to what they are physically capable of doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
news.bbc.co.uk...

WP proved to be an effective and versatile munition. We used it for screening missions at two breeches and, later in the fight, as a potent psychological weapon against the insurgents in trench lines and spider holes where we could not get effects on them with HE [High Explosive]. We fired "shake and bake" missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out," the article said.

The use of WP in a `shake and bake` mission is illegal under the geneva conventions of war - *case proven in fullajah*

Again, you could not provide evidence that the CWC does not condone the usage of WP.

In fact the source you used about wp usage

We fired "shake and bake" missions at the insurgents, using WP to flush them out and HE to take them out," the article said.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
This is such a joke. It's pure genocide. "Insurgents" and "al qieda" are huge cop outs. The only thing that's there against us are native people who's lives have been ruined by our holier than thou meatheaded gi joes blowing up their homes and ramsacking what government they did have fir almost 5 years now. They aren't terrorists, most of them. They are just very very angry, and they have a right to defend themselves against our fascist armies. deltaboy, you need to get over your ignorance and your apathy, because it's just adding to the pile of dung that's completely screwed this world up.

Yep, anti American here. I can prolly juts "Giiiit out" as far as a lot of people are concerned. Obviously, it's that easy.

I have a hard time understanding some peoples line of thought. No doubt the people I do not understand, do not understand my line of thought. So who is right, who is wrong? Well both sides would be biased to their own opinions I would say.

However, in war, bombs get dropped.

Who they kill is determined by "us, or them" .. There is no inbetween there is no gray about it. Its them, or us.

If a bomb kills civilians, thats just to bad. Perhaps we should not have gone to war, no doubt, but we are at war, and thus all else is quite honestly besides the point.

I would wonder about some peoples alligiances though. I am by all means for anyone against the war, I don't think we should be there myself. I do however have a problem who all but openely root for the "freedom fighters" that we call "insurgents". People who cheer on terrorist attacks, assassinations, killing of American troops "well we shouldnt be there" and use subtle words like "Al Quada Civilians" as the OPS source calls them.

Al Quada Civilians.

Not just civilians.

Interesting play on words. Yet words used can reveal far more then first appears. By considering Al Quada members "civilians" it puts an entirely different picture to the deaths. No longer has the air force just bombed out a terrorist cell, no, they killed civilians, which in the West bring little babies and poor women to the picture.

Words like this are not used for the US, we are not "American civilians", its army this, marines that, air force or what have you. Big bad America killing poor little babies.. that is how the source wants you to see this.. because they have a bias.

40,000lbs of bombs is not news worthy.. in fact the total number of bombs dropped was probably around 2-8 bombs.

Why is it in the news? Who the hell cares? One side is using it as propaganda to support the war .. a "look what we can do" to our enemies.. supposed to "shock and awe" them i suppose. Seems childish to me. That it was in the news any ways.

The other side is using this propaganda as their own, and turn it into "look what evil Americans do", completely reversing it.

In all actuallity behind all of the spinning, manipulating, lieing, BSing and misconstruction of the propaganda this is, most likely, what happened.

A few lowly insurgence are seen entering and leaving from a place of suspicion. Instead of sending ground troops, or letting the Iraqi army practice on them.. they call in the air force.

Air force drops a few small bombs on the area.

The explosions are heard all over the city.

A section of a slum is flattened. No one of importance is killed. No major set back to the enemy, no major victory for us, a few lowly Iraqis who may or most likely may not have belonged to the Al Quada terrorist net work where killed.

And it just happens to come very shortly after 6 US Marines where killed in a booby trapped house.

But what good is a typical story from an occupation if it does not meet the needs you have to fulfill a desire of control? So it is manipulated, twisted and controlled.

One view is this is a major victory, Hoorah!
One view is this was genocide.

Both sides are ignorant in their thinking.

40,000lbs of bombs is .... very small.
Excessive in the operation, no doubt. but not news worthy.
It was not genocide, it was not aimed at civilians, it was not aimed at terrorizing anyone, it was aimed to make a point, the point that "we have bigger bombs" and nothing more.

Everyone can bitch all they want about why we are there, still there, went there, coming back, should never have gone there, and so forth..

But I still hate those who say "if we just be nice" because in all reality, nice is weak, and weak fails. If our boys come home, I rather them come in one piece and leave a few Iraqi's in many pieces then for them to come home tattered for trying to fight a war with hugs and kisses.

And yes, I would choose an American life any day over an Iraqi life, no matter what the reason for the conflict.

The self righteous worldly conscious will despise me for "not loving all Humans", and while we are all Humans, we are not all the same. Never have, and God forbid we ever should. The dangerous philosophy that "we are all people in this world" will lead to the degeneration of culture specific to regions and people, destroy nationalities, misconstrue and cover up history, inhibit cultural growth, deteriorate civil right for the sake of "making everyone happy" and as history says, lead to the eventual down fall of our civilization.

In the name of peace, love, humanity and conformity, of course.

-Rock

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i can`t actually believe your atually going to argue with this when its case proven :O

WP was dropped in quantity over the entire city - go watch the video`s showing it happening - thousands on men,women and children were burnt alive by this crap - and yet you deny it happened? the use was of WP in fullajah was a WMD aginst the civilian population - the hours of video`s proved this - so it was a direct breach of protocol III of the 1980 convention of the use of conventional weapons - and when used in this way a breach of teh CWC as well.

this case has been proven so why are you arguing?

deny ignorance - look for the op/ed piece(s) on this forum.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You going to have to show that the military indiscriminately used WP on all civilians. Don't BS me about seeing dead bodies with clothing still on while their bodies blackened if you never seen something like that when decomposed in 130 degrees. If you know anything about WP, they do burn both flesh and clothing. Not just flesh and leave clothing behind as I have seen many of the footage.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Now let’s see if I have this right, 2 b-2 and 4 f-15's make one bombing run-since they say all fell in 10 min.

Honestly, that is not a big run, no seriously.

The cruise missiles that the US uses come in 1000, 5000 and 10,000 pound bomb loads.

Think about that, the equivalent of 4 large cruse missiles, that’s all.

I am not underscoring any death or destruction, what I am saying is if the US want to drop some bombs, it could have dropped 100"s of times as much in a few hours.

This was not a large amount in planes or bomb tonnage.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

40,000 pounds of bombs in 10 minutes

-> doublespeak to reality translator ->

Carpet bombed.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

[quoute]Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects (with Protocols I, II and III)
Geneva, 10 October 1980

Protocol IV,

Vienna, 13 October 1995

Protocol II, as amended,

Geneva, 3 May 1996

Protocol III on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Incendiary Weapons prohibits, in all circumstances, making the civilian population as such, individual civilians or civilian objects, the object of attack by any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat or a combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target

www.un.org...

give up delta you were proved very wrong

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in that thread yet you carried on arguing time and again when the evidence was pushed in front of you and even now you continue to argue against the facts.

UN link as above - the US mass dropped WP in fullajah which constitutes the use of WP as a WMD.

130 degrees F is not `hot` , its barely 50 C.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I like you to show me footage the the bodies by WP, along with clothing still on.

And UN protocol

Protocol III on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Incendiary Weapons prohibits, in all circumstances, making the civilian population as such, individual civilians or civilian objects, the object of attack by any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat or a combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target.

So you are wrong indeed.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i say we put the geneva convention aside. Al Qaeda dosnt play by the rules. so why should we >??? why dont we just bring flamethrowers back into service like WW2 and start forcing those Al Qaedian's out of their hideouts ?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanti23

40,000 pounds of bombs in 10 minutes

-> doublespeak to reality translator ->

Carpet bombed.

Nope, carpet bombing is when you start at a specific point and bomb everything until you reach the end point. It doesn't go by the pounds of bombs dropped.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
whats the point of a correct description......men, women, children, pets.

everything alive.....anyone here ever seen and smelled that close up?

it will change your world outlook forever.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by last time here
anyone here ever seen and smelled that close up?

Smells like.......victory.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When world leaders meet, they shower each other with gifts, and Bush's gift to Olmert at the Israel visit was a shower of bombs...

Both as a show of strength, and demonstration of military support at the announcement of a Whitehouse request to pre-'67 borders

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join