It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof of Bigfoot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think we have all seen the Patterson footage, and heard alot of stories, and thats what we base our belief of Bigfoot on. Some might have seen footprints which I think isn't always proof as they mostly range from 12 to 20 inches long, now I'm a big guy, 6 foot 6 260lbs and my feet measure 13 inches, so I'm sure a bigger guy could make some big footprints, but what I present is in my opinion, the best evidence yet of Bigfoot's existence!

I'm not sure if any of you have see this, as I couldn't find it on here.

But Monster Quest have done a few shows on Bigfoot, from the Russian Ape Man, the Swamp beast, Bigfoot in Washington D.C and Sasquatch in Canada.

This show is about Bigfoot attacking people and they found something very interesting IMO.....

Now in this video, they have DNA extracted from 2 year-old blood found on a nail mat, used in Cabins to ward off intruders, and find that the DNA is identical to human DNA apart from one "nucleurtide polymorphism" (apologies for spelling!)
And that nucleurtide is shared with chimps!

So the DNA says primate, but not quite human or non-human primate DNA.

The Professor, says that there is only a 1 in 5000 chance of this being human DNA..........

This link is to the final part of that show where the discovery is made!

Bigfoot DNA

You be the judge.

But I think this is very good evidence that there is definately something up there.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by TheOmen]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Someone already posted this a while ago under Bigfoot Smoking Gun Found.

You may find some responses there in relation to your question.

Not sure if any updates have been made recently though.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks for that, not sure how I didn't see it.

But maybe people can watch the show and make up their mind on whether it really is the smoking gun.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Actually I would love to know what people make of this evidence after seeing the video!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The title of the post may have thrown you off, the only reason I remembered it was because of the the show Monster Quest.

Unfortunately, I don't receive the show where I am at ( History Channel - Canada ).

But the show itself sounds fantastic, whether the evidence presented is pro/con. It would nice seeing 'any' up to date show regarding cryptics and the like. Especially the one on BigFoot.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well here are links to part 1 of the shows I have watched in regards to bigfoot for anyone thats wishes to watch.
After watching the first part (of 5) then follow the related video to the next part.

Stalin's Ape Man

Swamp Beast

Bigfoot

Sasquatch Attack

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
Actually I would love to know what people make of this evidence after seeing the video!

Well the difference of just one nucleotide means that Bigfoot is about as different as one human is from another human. We dont all have absolutely identical DNA, there's a reason why we're not called clones

So I'd want even more information on this. A primate doesnt differ in "one "nucleurtide polymorphism"", it differ more in the line of tens of millions (and much of the protein).

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by TheOmen

Well the difference of just one nucleotide means that Bigfoot is about as different as one human is from another human. We dont all have absolutely identical DNA, there's a reason why we're not called clones

So I'd want even more information on this. A primate doesnt differ in "one "nucleurtide polymorphism"", it differ more in the line of tens of millions (and much of the protein).

I think you interpreted the information wrong. Human DNA was found in this sample, with a Hybrid nucleotide. Apes share 388 base pairs the same as humans, and only 35 base pairs differ in our DNA whereas this sample of DNA shared all but 1 of the base pairs in human DNA making it not human, but not non-human.

What this means is not that this is just someone's DNA but this is the DNA structure of the "animal".

Humans share a DNA structure which is the same across the species.

new topics

top topics

join