It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shows video of navy standoff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well there is also the possibility that there was a third party interfering with communications. IIRC some of the bridge crew on Port Royal were quoted as saying they were not even certain it was actually the Iranian boats they were talking to.

Wouldn't it be cute if some radio prankster on a nearby freighter started WW3?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I think it was 4thDoctorWhoFan!

Seriously, where was he last weekend?

j/k

Well he said he doesn't care what I think, so I guess I can say that...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I was talking to my naval buddy at work about this, according to him after the Cole the navy does'nt play around any more. You get your warning come any closer you get a warning shot come any closer you get dead. If it was anyone else they would have been the latter, Iran being the sticky situation that it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
I think it was 4thDoctorWhoFan!

Seriously, where was he last weekend?

j/k

Well he said he doesn't care what I think, so I guess I can say that...

Pretty funny!
Trust me, I have thick skin unlike some here. You could curse at me in this thread in 20 different languages and I still would not report you. When something is funny, it's funny.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I love your avatar! It's so.....funny!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I love your avatar! It's so.....funny!

I'm glad some here have a sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
You could curse at me in this thread in 20 different languages and I still would not report you.

I've never had any reason to curse at anyone here on ATS, in any language, so why would I start now?

In order to gain respect, one must show respect.

As for the subject of this thread, I'm not buying 100% either side's story.

Not even close...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
this is the same thing as with the other thread about the soldiers getting killed for kicking a woman ,
only here the u.s has admited that they dont have proof yet the
" western " (show me west) MsM tell us this is the case , just as the pregnant woman incident,
u.s military HQ sais they dont know what happend yet we are lead to belive that one story is more credible then the other without any knowllege to the other side of the story...

if bush didnt know that iran didnt produce nukes from their silos that mean that u.s intelegence is more then 20 years old , which is a joke in it self if they acturly want us to belive that it is that un updated

iran has had nuclear energy for a far longer time then some here are old.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The US video looks like one of those debunked UFO videos; shaky camera, little fragments of what we are supposed to be seeing.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
In the video the Iranians sounded like a voice over and ridiculously horrible job at it too....I think they're just trying to brew up some trouble so we can invade iran before bush leaves.

They said they were dropping white boxes too- I didnt see any in the video.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Why would the Iran speedboat be recording this with the video? Do they carry a camera at all times on their boats and record them talking? In my opinion, its dirty tactics.

Iran fabricated this BEFORE they started to harass, then once they got this video all set and made showing that they didnt do anything wrong they started harrassing the ships so any conflict will point towards US agression. If the US would have lets say, a warning shot, they could show the public this video and Iran would be depicted as the good guys. And notice how this boat was staying back from the other boats? If the Us would have blown up that other boat, it would all be on video and Iran didnt do a thing.

It was just to make the US look like their fabricating stuff while in all essence, its the other way around.

Of course, theirs a possibilty that this didnt happen, but if they were smart they would do that.. hell i would most likly do something like that if I was a president haha.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Why would the Iran speedboat be recording this with the video? Do they carry a camera at all times on their boats and record them talking? In my opinion, its dirty tactics.

Iran fabricated this BEFORE they started to harass, then once they got this video all set and made showing that they didnt do anything wrong they started harrassing the ships so any conflict will point towards US agression. If the US would have lets say, a warning shot, they could show the public this video and Iran would be depicted as the good guys. And notice how this boat was staying back from the other boats? If the Us would have blown up that other boat, it would all be on video and Iran didnt do a thing.

It was just to make the US look like their fabricating stuff while in all essence, its the other way around.

Of course, theirs a possibilty that this didnt happen, but if they were smart they would do that.. hell i would most likly do something like that if I was a president haha.

Umm.. Can you please put up some links or other references to back up your point. Otherwise this looks just like ordinary made-up excuse for pro-americanism. Have you missed all the above links to various news which were basically saying that even US military has doubts about the event or have you just ignored them? Or pehaps you can really post something intelligent to prove your point?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
the american one it sounds like someone trying to do a bad iranian Impression

You hit the nail on the head. Anyone who spends time with Persians who try to speak English will know that the voice from the US video is using a fake accent. It's just as bad as Maddona's pitiful attempt at an "English" accent.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ackers46
This video was probably filmed just before they started harassing the
U.S war ships in the hope that if any of their boats was fired on they could use this film to say ...

If this is what happened, then the US ship captain lied when he said that the boats didn't identify themselves. If the Iranian video came before the US, then you can see that contact had been established between the two parties, and their identifications were given.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Otherwise this looks just like ordinary made-up excuse for pro-americanism.

And yours looks just like ordinary made-up excuse for anti-americanism.

Have you missed all the above links to various news which were basically saying that even US military has doubts about the event or have you just ignored them?

Are you purposefully being misleading?
The U.S. does not have doubt about the event, they are only talking about, perhaps, the voices did not originate from the boats. Big difference.
Even IF the voices did not come from the little boats, that does not mean it still wasn't a intentional incident by the Iranians. IF this is true, its possible the Iranians were broadcasting the voices from another location because the small boats did not have the necessary transmitting equipment. This still does not change the fact that this was an event instigated by the Iranians.

Or pehaps you can really post something intelligent to prove your point?

Hello Kettle!

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeDS
news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems like the US video was indeed fake.

What a stretch. I guess by "doubts" you decide that there is hard evidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
You could curse at me in this thread in 20 different languages and I still would not report you.

I've never had any reason to curse at anyone here on ATS, in any language, so why would I start now?

In order to gain respect, one must show respect.

As for the subject of this thread, I'm not buying 100% either side's story.

Not even close...

See my original post. Like I said I have witnessed this first hand from the Iranians while on board CV-64. Go back and read my account. It was much more aggressive than this incident.

I believe the captains of these USA ships 1,000 times more than the Iranians. Like I said they have done this many times before. It's just making news now with the increased tensions between the USA and Iran.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I start to be a bit scary about that, it seems like the us government is trying to made up fact again to start a war, first their was the so-called mass destruction weapon to invade irak and now this video of a so-called agression by iran and then Mr bush said that iran is a threat to the world peace which mean to it could be a reason to invade iran.
The draw of a ww3 is becoming clearer every day, and this why i'm scared.

Frankly, between u.s.a. and iran, i don't who is really a threat to the world peace!!?

Edit: Also where is the real danger from iranians boats? have you seen the difference between us and iran boats? It just look like more to a joke than an agression, if it was dangerous it's for them not those in the war boat, seriously the first time i saw the footage i thought it was the wrong one and the people in the "sport boat" was just crazy peopole.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I don’t see the point of this video. Basically it shows the Iranians trying to communicate with these ships while they are motoring around them, and I have to ask for what reason? What gives them the right to go around in International waters harassing other ships?

Hal9,

If the USA had 'potentially hostile' warships steaming up their coast yet still outside their territorial waters, dont you think the Coast Guard would touch base, requesting ships name, course, etc.

Not saying the Iranian's didnt harass them, but come on - warships are not cruise liners, or even freighters for that matter.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
Like I said they have done this many times before. It's just making news now with the increased tensions between the USA and Iran.

This is like gnats harassing a water buffalo.

There's no way these buzzing, pesky insects are going to be allowed close enough in to do any significant damage.

The rules of engagement make that clear.

This is "news" simply due to political machinations, IMHO.

In the many incidents before, why wasn't it "news" then?

Simple.

It's being thrust into the "news" now to bolster the case for war.

"Look, LOOK, they're buzzing our warships, can we bomb them NOW?!?"

Never mind that it's been going on for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join