It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'plans Pakistan military intervention'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

US 'plans Pakistan military intervention'

www.presstv.ir

US President George W. Bush's top aides - including Vice-President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice - military commanders and intelligence chiefs had met in secret at the White House to debate whether to expand the authority of the CIA and the military to 'conduct far more aggressive covert operations in the tribal areas of Pakistan,' the Canadian press reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Will shrub not be content until he has started WW3?

Just why does he think he has the right to intervene in another countries affairs, unless they ask him to - and the article gives no indication of this.

Not content with selling them nukes through the back door now he wants to give the region an excuse to use them.

I'm seriously starting to think that shrub should be impeached and put on trial for his constant warmongering.

also see:
www.presstv.ir...
www.presstv.ir...

So despite the fact that pakistan does not want any CIA or military covert operations, they plan to do it anyway!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/1/2008 by budski]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Possible modes of thinking, in "shrub's" mind.

1. If WW3 begins, I can be president for a long, long time.
2. Let's see how far America can "piss off" it's citizen's and other countries before retaliation occurs.
3. I can't be tried for my questionable criminal actions if the people can't find me. (War would make me untouchable)
4. I am making up for what I lack in "manhood."

Anybody else care to add comments?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We make war plans for every sqaure mile of this earth we live on.
Those plans are constantly updated and revised for current situations.
Those plans include eveything from "Black Operations" to outright invasion with the forces we have at our disposal at the time of such war planning.
I do not agree with every thing the President of the United States does
(by the way, he IS our President whether you like it or not) but I personaly am very thankful HE was in office during the cowardly attacks of 9/11. Too many times we have just "brushed off" cowardly attacks against us. 1983 and the murder of US marines comes to mind. I was serving the Army than and thought we would kick some butt then but alas, we did what we do - back off and let it go. And that was under Reagan sheesh. Well, good post.

Vance

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey, don't worry about Bush. Obama said he's invade Pakistan, too!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right - especially when the country in question has said NO to any intervention.

shrub is a megalomaniac and won't be happy until he has cemented his place in history - but he seems to want to do it by starting wars.

I was shocked as anyone by 911 - but there are a lot of unanswered questions that implicate shrub and his family.

If shrub is so concerned, why has he allowed nuclear secrets to be sold on his watch - I don't for a second think he knew nothing about it.

Nothing against US citizens, but when are the US leaders going to wake up to the fact that their constant naked aggression is causing the country nothing but harm.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

a Canadian Press snippet...cited by the Iran TV & News outlet...

what? both these nations have secret informants reporting on clandestine meetings between the inner circle of the Bush administration??

it's all speculation.... there's likely a 40% probability the gist of the info is sorta accurate, but it's not solid evidence for making living adjustments around.
(but perhaps the CIA needs a military presence on the eastern edge of the Afghanistan poppy fields -> rather than for the supposed purpose of combating the forces in the tribal areas of Pakistan)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I'd be less likely to believe it if it was on FOX.

And the US press won't even report on people in the state department selling nuclear secrets to volatile countries illegally - so why would they report this.

This is something I've seen a lot of on ATS recently - when people dpn't like a story or disagree with it, they try to attack the source - when all the world knows that the most unreliable sources come from within the US.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right - especially when the country in question has said NO to any intervention.

Nothing against US citizens, but when are the US leaders going to wake up to the fact that their constant naked aggression is causing the country nothing but harm.

Armies are supposed to be for DEFENCE. Placing your troops overseas in a country where the PEOPLE don't want them there is the ultimate act of aggression. The Bush administration does not want peace, they want WWIII.

If everyone kept their armies at home there would be peace.

[edit on 9/1/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I kinda agree Nuke Paul. I would like to see ALL U.S. forces brought back to the borders of the United States borders. Bring the 1st. Div home from Germany and the 2nd. Div home from Korea and seal these borders up with M-16's Tanks and Arty. Letting in only legal immigrants. Dare anyone to ever strike at us again. ANd if they do, destroy that country with everything and I mean everything in our aresenal. That happens about once, that will stop that for good. While we are at it, I want to see all funding for the U.N. and any other country not a U.S. territory - withdrawn.
Let the Africans starve as far as I care. Let them murder each other if they like. Let the North of Korea have the south. Invade it if they like, it is none of our buissness - is it? Let Iraq implode on it's self. Who knows, let Iran have thier Persian empire again - what do we Americans care right?
Let the Cuban and Venuezala idealogies reign in and control all of Central and South America - not our problem right?

What a wonderful world we would live in then eh?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Perhaps this
is one of the excuses being lined up?
Laughable really, considering the UK and US history with regard to keeping nuclear weapons safe, and is this the start of the build up?

Even more laughable is that the US illegally sold them the technology through other partys

See link in my sig for more on that.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Pretty much Ron Paul agenda

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Let's see... I wonder who the source for this rumor is. I wonder if they have as much credibility as the source in your other thread, a disgruntled former employee of the FBI. Nevermind the fact that there is no real evidence of any of the claims which you appear to accept as concrete facts.

I think you put a lot of faith in sources who you know nothing about, except whatever blurbs are written in said article, as long as their stories jive with your political beliefs and ideology.

I'm sure if a former White House employee claimed that George Bush feeds on the blood of fetuses and sleeps in a coffin, you would probably believe it because you are blinded by your hatred and disdain for Bush and his policies.

By the way... did it ever occur to you that we are purposely leaking/selling these secrets to other nations? Did it ever occur to you that the information is either incomplete or incorrect, and we are giving it to those countries in order to set back their quest for nuclear weapons? Believe it or not, this very thing has actually been done in the past. It's called misinformation. We could also be doing it to follow the trails of our enemies/allies to reveal their methods and operations. That's been done before, too. And this Turkish woman who may or may not be telling the truth, whom you put so much trust in, may have unwittingly screwed up a lengthy and successful intelligence operation.

You see, that's the problem when you abandon any objectivity and automatically assume the worst in those whom you think the worst of. You are so focused on bashing the US and its government that you don't even give a single thought to the possibility that this woman is lying or that she has absolutely no clue what it is that she stumbled onto.

Our Congress is filled with people just dying to make a name for themselves and serve up this President's head on a platter. Do you really think that they would listen to testimony from this woman and not do anything to pursue the Administration, State Department and the Pentagon, if she was really credible? Or did you ever consider that the reason they may not have charged any of the individuals she mentioned, who are apparently clearly heard arranging bribes on tape, because it was in fact a counterintelligence operation?

The answer to those questions is "of course not." You would rather think that someone worked hard their entire lives and achieved a high-paying and high-ranking position in the State Department just so that they could screw over their own nation and sell nuclear secrets to its enemies for $15,000?? Or even 10 times that? Or a hundred? And you believe there are individuals just like him that hold high-ranking positions in many parts of our government who are also evil enough to go along with this plan and sell nuclear secrets to an enemy that wants to use those weapons right here on our soil to kill our people? And they do this openly and over tapped phone lines? Give me a break.

But I've got to get going now. I'm a Neoconservative American Warmonger, so I have to go eat my daily ration of living baby bunny rabbits before I build some weapons in my basement with depleted uranium to use on innocent civilians.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh dear,
another member who thinks that every criticism is an anti american rant.
And this from the person who thinks Kim jong il and the khmeer rouge were worse than stalin hitler and mao - give me a break.

I understand the concept of realpolitik - I don't understand why bush wants to start a war with every country he has a problem with in the middle east, apart from wanting to appease the israeli's.

He is not chief constable of the world police.
He has no right to interfere in the internal politics of another country.

He whinges when russia flexes it's muscles, as he does with china, but doesn't seem to think that doing the same makes him a hypocrite.

I wouldn't mind if he did things for the sake of national security - but shrubs only agenda is his own enrichment, the same as blair.
Wonder how many advisory roles and at what salary he'll take up once he leaves office.

Save your rhetoric for someone who cares or is blind.

bush and blair are the killers of democracy.

BTW this thread is actually about the planning of covert operations in pakistan against the wishes of the government.
Another attempt to nullify news by trying to attack the source - would you prefer it if fox had broadcast it?

[edit on 10/1/2008 by budski]

top topics

join