It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 'i love my significant other' thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
this is the place.
i love my wife more than anything or anyone in the entire world(save for my son of course. that is a different kind of love).

she is the most loving woman i have ever met.
she is 100% supportive of me and my back/head problems. despite these problems she loves me anyway.

i do not and can not work and she understands this and supports me financially and emotionally. i am for lack of a better word a house husband as i take care of the cooking and a good chunk of the needed things around the house, but she is always there to help with that, even after a full day of work.

she supports my habit which is tattoos and fish. when we met i had about 14 tattoos and now, almost 5 years into our marriage i have about 61 of them.

she never gives me any grief when i go to get one.
she never gives me any grief if i had a bad say with my back and could not get anything done around the house.

we never fight/argue.
i tell her i love her every day and she does the same.
she calls me EVERY day from her lunch break to check on me and make sure i am ok.

she never makes me feel ugly or stupid. quite the opposite. she always tells me that i am handsome.
she cares about my medical situation(s). she always makes sure that i take my medicine at the correct times. she makes sure that i am eating correctly.

she loves my son and treats him as if he were her son as well.

she is the most important person in the world to me. i would chop my hand off before i would ever think of raising it to her in anger.

----
of course she won't read this thread but it is for her. i love my wife more than anything in the world. i have the best marriage and could not ask for anything more. i can only hope that my fellow bts'ers have the same thing.

------

last but of course not least, i have the MOST BEAUTIFUL woman on the planet and to my suprise, she loves me.....

honey, i love you!!!!!!

this was one month ago at my bro in laws wedding.
--------

---------

ok guys and gals.....get on in here and show the love for your significant other...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You are one lucky man B.

Currently I am a casualty of the Music business. Nobodys fault but mine. I hope I can patch things up in the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
You are one lucky man B.

i definately am.

i do not deserve her. i am not a good looking dude. i am pretty brash. i don't like people and most people don't like me. i say what i want, when i want.
i have all that ink and she only has 3 small ones...

all that said, she loves me.
like i said, i know i married out of my league.

she always says that i give her what she has always needed and that is support and confidence. she has never been confident with herself and would let people 'walk on her', including her parents....

we got together and she would bring up issues and we would just hit them together.

i remember she was just about to take her exam for PT and i would sit with her for hours a day and help her with the practice tests. i drove her to the test site and waited in the parking lot for 3 hours while she took the test just so i could show my support for her when she got out....

she tells me that she has never had anyone that has done that for her....

she is fabulous though....i love my wife more than anything in this world and i tell her every day.

i am kind of sad this thread does not have more posts......do we have a lot of single people or people that are not really happy with their hubby/wife?

if that is the case, that is too bad. i wish everyone could have the type of relationship i have.....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Boon... I knew we had something in common...

our women... Loving, Beautiful, intelligent.

I'm in a relationship much like yours. My wife is awesome and I love her so much, there really are no words to describe...

We're very lucky you and I. I hope that more people can find what we have.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Me too..

You're a lucky guy when you can find someone who supports you being away 11 months out of 12,or is free to travel with you.

I dunno what puts them off.. lol

Maybe Boondock can organise a 'singles' thread for guys who have adverse circumstances : )

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I too consider myself one of the lucky ones in this department.
14 years now and getting better every day. He stepped into a situation
that would make most men run, a woman who beleived in all manner of cover-ups and conspiracies and getting ready for nursing school and 2 adolescent soon to be, teen-aged daughters. The girls are grown now and we have a grandson and yes, we're the doting kind of G-parents. All I can say in closing is this, I truly love my husband and I will always feel that
our meeting had to have been divine intervention.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey BD. Congrats my good man. I am so happy for you, and I truly mean that. I hope that it lasts forever, plus a day.
One thing though. I've read ALOT of your posts. Stop putting yourself down. You're straightforward, and say what you think. Sometimes I agree with you, and sometimes I don't, but I respect that you are who you are. That's cool Dude.
You sound like a great father, and to me that means ALOT>
And you obviously appreciate the wonderful gift of a wife you've been given.
That's why I applauded you!
Stay cool Bro.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
thanks for the kind words guys....
i encourage all with fantastic relationships to come into this thread and shout it out loud.

i am going on 5 years and the only thing that i see changing our love for each other is death.

has anyone seen the movie the notebook?

i won't spoil it but if you have, i will say that i want to die like the main character does.....
know what i mean....

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Hey BD. Congrats my good man. I am so happy for you, and I truly mean that. I hope that it lasts forever, plus a day.
One thing though. I've read ALOT of your posts. Stop putting yourself down. You're straightforward, and say what you think.

thanks for your applause lombo...

i have never felt good about myself. i like the way i look but i still feel strange...i have this gorgeous, professional woman that stands beside a bipolar, tattooed to the max, brash freakazoid like me.....
it boggles the mind.

she could have any guy she wants and she picked me....i got lucky....

we don't argue. we don't bicker. we both tell each other we love each other every day....
------------
come on people....come in here and shout it

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What the Hell, I'll chime in. My wife is unbelievable, too. We've been married for 15 1/2 years and have one ten year old daughter. I am not easy to put up with; sometimes drink too much, impatient, and to be honest, kind of lazy about getting stuff done around the house.

Not only does she let me get away with some of that stuff, not all of it, I now rarely drink, but she's a perfect mother. She's great at keeping our life organized. For over three years we had my mother live with us due to advanced age, and my wife treated her like her own mother.

My job in the relationship is to keep her and my daughter smiling and laughing, and I think I do a pretty good job. She's sounds great right? I'm not done.

We also own a real estate appraisal company we run out of our home. I handle all the clients and inspections, and she's gets the work organized, loaded on to forms, and out the door after I finish it. Consequently, we are together for most of every day except when I am out inspecting properties. Not many married couples spend as much time in each other's company as we do. Hell, more than half the people we know are divorced and/or miserable.

This coming summer we have a family membership at a little local golf club. Now that my daughter is old enough, we'll play as a family, and I won't even have to be away from them when I'm golfing.

My life is good because of my wife. I simly cannot imagine it without her.

Good thread, worth a star and flag.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey guys! interesting idea for a thread! To the OP, your not ugly man, i'm not gay or anything but your not ugly
and congrats on having a loving relationship, i count myself in here having happily been with my girl for 6 years, and gladly were getting married in a couple of years.

it's all good!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
my husband and i have been together for 13 years (married for 8) we have 2 children (5 and 2) and i have to say i love him asmuch now as i always have and its super. we've had ups and downs but i still get butterflies in my tum when i think about him. dh works hard for our young family, hes an exellent father to the sprogs (we have our own lay in mornings his on sat and mine on sun.....i love waking up to lunch on sundays. this way we each catch up on sleep). i know that he is the only person with whom i wish to share the rest of my life with.
love is so wonderfull is it not.
m x

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My fiance and I have been together for 7 years now. He is cranky, demanding and outright unreasonable, but that is part of what I love about him. He is a strong man, and takes care of business when it needs to be done in things where most people would procrastinate and goof around (myself included).

We met with a lot of adversity when we started seeing eachother. I was a single mom of a one year old and had another on the way and of course his family looked down on that. My mom frowned down on the fact that I met him on the internet. But we knew it would work out despite of all that.

Since then we have been through a lot. He was there for me and took me in when I got evicted from my apartment years ago. We stood strong together through the unexpected death of his mother, our house burning down and all the grief his brother and his brother's fiance put us through.

We will be officially married on September 13th but to me he is already my husband because we have been together for so long and have been through so much together.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi guys!
Me and my Fieance have been together for 6 1/2 years. Even though we have had our diffrences, I will never love him any less.
He's the best person for me. I can't wait to be his wife. (we dont have the $$$ right now)
We have a daughter together, she is 2, and he is the best dad in the world! He loves my oldest daughter like she was his own too.
I love him with all my heart and soul!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Congrats on all the wonderful relationships. I've not found my Mr. Wonderful yet and to be honest frequently despair of ever finding him. I'm glad to see so many happy people gives me hope that some day I will find someone who can and will put up with me.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What to say... I'm moved by what I have read.

She's my rock. Always got my back when it's down'. Tells me straight when I'm wrong. Totally hooked-up. That dash of exotic sass. A wheel-person of energy-blue zest. That twinkle-light in her darkest eyes. The wistfulness when we part even for a short time. Pepper-sweet adventures. The athletic excitement of union. The caring without qualification. Our personally shared cultures. The steel of will. The fire of passion. The precision of mind. Pearl of the North and Queen of my heart. Natural expression of all my fondest desires.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

pretty wild.
september 13th is the day i got married

top topics

join