It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If I could ask someone that old a question, it would not be a history based question. It would be;

"What is the most important thing you have learned about the art of living?"

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

rasputin you make a good point that one immortal would in all likelyhood would eithere need to keep moving around every couple of years

or maybe this is just pure speculation of course there is a secret society of immortals who keep there numberes relativily low and assit eachother im sure that if you were around for athousand years you would definatley would know people or even fellow immortals who can keep producing new forms of identification oh and one last thing if there realy is an immortal society maybe they can give us mere mortals who thaey deam worthy the cure for death

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yes,

There are those that know they are without time. I know I will never die but will continue to grow in mind, body and spirit.

Death is an illusion, their is only life.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I would even be hesitant to say there is only life..

there is nothing out there or in here that I call life.. there isn't a suitable name for it and to name it defeats the purpose of being.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
If I could ask someone that old a question, it would not be a history based question. It would be;

"What is the most important thing you have learned about the art of living?"

That is a great question Illusionsaregrander!

I have ask him a lot of similiar ones, but not this one specifically. It is going to take me a month or so to go visit him; but I will certainly add this to my new list. Stay posted on my blog www.Ben-Abba.com forthe answer when I get it.

Thanks again for your post!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by salparadise
reply to post by Rasputin13

rasputin you make a good point that one immortal would in all likelyhood would eithere need to keep moving around every couple of years

or maybe this is just pure speculation of course there is a secret society of immortals who keep there numberes relativily low and assit eachother im sure that if you were around for athousand years you would definatley would know people or even fellow immortals who can keep producing new forms of identification oh and one last thing if there realy is an immortal society maybe they can give us mere mortals who thaey deam worthy the cure for death

salparadise, this is a great post!

This immortal that I know, moves around about every 150 years or so. And I have started to wonder, if the "Universe" has "allowed me" into his into his life because our society is closing the loopholes when it comes to identification and I have a background in sorting out real identification from the faked.

As far as secret societies are concerned, none of the immortals I found are involved in any "organization of immortals" and in fact are not aware of any other immortals. However, I am seriously considering starting a "secret society of immortals"; just as soon as I can figure out what kind of fraternity rituals I should use for initiation. Any good ideas on a great ritual for such a secret organization?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Ben,

If you started such a society, wouldn't that mean you had to be an immortal also?

Is there something you are not telling us?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Heres a question, although he is over 2,800 years old in physical appearance what age group would he resemble 20 to 30, 40 to 50, 60+ ??
Could you ask him 'when did he realize he was NOT aging and what exactly was his reaction.' How did he DEAL with immortality year after year, was he depressed about it at first?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by benabba

Ben,

If you started such a society, wouldn't that mean you had to be an immortal also?

Is there something you are not telling us?

Well, I did seek out this immortal to learn the secrets of immortality; which I am applying, slowly, to my own life.

So yes I am transitioning from a wannabe immortal to the real thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"Heres a question, although he is over 2,800 years old in physical appearance what age group would he resemble 20 to 30, 40 to 50, 60+ ?? "

I would say a health 65ish

"Could you ask him 'when did he realize he was NOT aging and what exactly was his reaction.'"/

He said when all of his family and friends had died; it became obvious. Although, he did have a few terrifying near death experiences in which he thought it was all over.

"How did he DEAL with immortality year after year, was he depressed about it at first?"

This question alone would take a full book to answer. However, the 5 second answer is he experienced a full range of emotions; however he just continues to live each day to its fullest.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
how did all these seperate immortals find out how to live forever?
the way you described it put it as a method of somesort.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by offtheheezay
how did all these seperate immortals find out how to live forever?
the way you described it put it as a method of somesort.

That is the long story; that would take many pages to explain. The short answer is they simply do not believe in death.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
post by benabba

Well, I did seek out this immortal to learn the secrets of immortality; which I am applying, slowly, to my own life.

Ben,

I had a feeling there was more to your interest on this topic.

I was wondering if you have explained this to the person you found that is an immortal. What are his feelings, if so, about your desire to escape death?

I think I asked you in an earlier post if he believes in reincarnation. You said you would ask him, so when you get the chance, please do, and here is why. If every life is an experience for your soul to grow, why can't we all do it in just one life? Or, does he think that after this one, he will be born again? In other words, how does extending your life, benefit your soul?

Thanks

[edit on 15-2-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by benabba

Ok, now in your reply to me you said you are applying what you have learned about becoming immortal, slowly into your life, yet here you told this person that immortals simply do not believe in death.

It would seem to me that by just not believing in death, we should be able to stop the process. Why do you need to apply this logic, slowly?

I am sure this would take pages also, but can I have a condensed version?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If i could ask him one question, it would be "what is man, from an outside perspective?"(so he doesnt say you should know better than him)
if i could ask him more than one...
I would also ask them if they feel worthy of their immortality, or if they feel they have done as they should have with their time.
If the answer is yes- then i ask them to make me thier pupil. If asked what kind of pupil, one of knoweledge.
If answered no to the earlier question, then i would inform them that it is never too late to do what needs to be done, and ask if they would liek a hand in acomplishing that task or tasks.

I strongly believe in reincarnation, and i am suspisious that i used to be a being such as he. NOt much different from ourselves, from a race that made many the same mistakes as us, mainly because the powers that be, see to it that we reflect thier culture as best as they can make us do.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
lol, makes sense. I once asked a friend, if from birth, the word death was never mentioned, that person was never informed of aging beyond being healthy...would they age and grow old. And my friend did not have an answer. I think it very plausable. I am on the belief that when this body is done with, i can make myself a new one at will..and will be greater than ever...ask him if i am wrong on that aspect for me please....

If you are for real, then you are truly lucky. Im guessing i will not be so fortunate as you to speak with one with wisdom of the ages

I bet you if we spoke, i would not be too far off on my history

Im not an older person, im pretty young yet, but i feel ....very old...is that abnormal?

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

post by benabba

Ben,

I had a feeling there was more to your interest on this topic.

I was wondering if you have explained this to the person you found that is an immortal. What are his feelings, if so, about your desire to escape death?

I think I asked you in an earlier post if he believes in reincarnation. You said you would ask him, so when you get the chance, please do, and here is why. If every life is an experience for your soul to grow, why can't we all do it in just one life? Or, does he think that after this one, he will be born again? In other words, how does extending your life, benefit your soul?

Thanks

Thank yo ufor the excellant post!

I Agree and will do so the next opportunity I get.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by benabba

Ok, now in your reply to me you said you are applying what you have learned about becoming immortal, slowly into your life, yet here you told this person that immortals simply do not believe in death.

It would seem to me that by just not believing in death, we should be able to stop the process. Why do you need to apply this logic, slowly?

I am sure this would take pages also, but can I have a condensed version?

Thanks

I noticed that when I said to the universe, loudly and proudly, that "I am immortal"; that changes started taking place in my life. I did notice that my lifestryle started to become healthier; although some of my less healthy habits were taking time to break. So the quick answer is if you can immediately and fully embrace the concept of immortality and can quickly drop all of the "bad" habits and incorporate all of the "good" ones; immorality will become instantaneously.

I have lots more to say on this question; just not now and here. I will attempt to get this in writing as quicky as I can for all to digest at a much rapid rate.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"If i could ask him one question, it would be "what is man, from an outside perspective?"(so he doesnt say you should know better than him)"

Sorry, I do not understand what you are asking in this question.

"I would also ask them if they feel worthy of their immortality, or if they feel they have done as they should have with their time."

Worthiness is a big issue with a lot of people and is probably why most people as not living as long as they could.

"If the answer is yes- then i ask them to make me thier pupil. If asked what kind of pupil, one of knoweledge."

One of the first things he told me when I first met him was "I am not taking on any students". Although, due to my persistance, he is reluctanly taking a "pseudo-student".

If answered no to the earlier question, then i would inform them that it is never too late to do what needs to be done, and ask if they would liek a hand in acomplishing that task or tasks."

If I understand your question correctly, I would say yes.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
lol, makes sense. I once asked a friend, if from birth, the word death was never mentioned, that person was never informed of aging beyond being healthy...would they age and grow old. And my friend did not have an answer. I think it very plausable. I am on the belief that when this body is done with, i can make myself a new one at will..and will be greater than ever...ask him if i am wrong on that aspect for me please....

If you are for real, then you are truly lucky. Im guessing i will not be so fortunate as you to speak with one with wisdom of the ages

I bet you if we spoke, i would not be too far off on my history

Im not an older person, im pretty young yet, but i feel ....very old...is that abnormal?

He supposely has a technique to regress his physical age to appear younger. I have not yet figured out how he does this, but you can be sure I am asking him a lot more questions about this topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join