It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there real immortals living among us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

What about eternal life that's promised to humans in Christianity? Either it's Hell and damnation forever or Pearly Gates, streets of gold and joy forever. One of the two, but eternal life is promised, and maybe those two possible outcomes is the price to pay for the pleasure of being mortal. Maybe humans in their physical and material manifestation are just taking a break from eternity? That our souls are eternal would imply that they were always eternal, which means that a brief excursion into the material realm might be just what the good doctor ordered. Eternal beings, souls, that were bored and needed a little excitement choose to become humans for a spell, where childhood is only necessary to forget our origins so that we might have the chance to experience and enjoy mortality to the fullest extent possible. Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by benabba
And if they do; what could they tell us about the history of our civilization?

If such a person, a real person, exists, that has seen many years of history, what would the history they experienced be like compared to the history we have all been told about? What questions would you ask someone who is 120 years old? Or someone 200 years old? Or maybe someone who has lived more than 500 years? What if you met someone that has lived more than 1,000 years?

I beleive that I have successfully located and made contact with a man whose age is nearly 2,800 years old.

The gentleman that I have made friends with has spent most of his life in the various countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. And yes, he was living near Jerusalem around 2,000 years ago. How I found this amazing man is a long story that would take a book just to describe all of the details. For now, let me just say that I used my unique researching skills to find this special man. Although, I have not found any hard, scientific data to prove he is more than 100 years old, as I spoke with him, the eyewitness accounts of 2,800 years of history which he described make it difficult to believe he is anything but an immortal.

My goals for posting this topic on this forum are this:

(1) Present the possibility that real, physical immortals exist

(2) Find others who may have experienced meeting similar people in their lives..

(3) Find some additional questions to ask these immortals the next time I get the chance to meet with them.

I have put together a blog where I am blogging my experiences with people 500 years and older, including this special man whom I believe is nearly 2,800 at www.secretsofanimmortal.com... .

Dear benabba

If you didn`t know, by now, all living things are immortal.

Mortal physically yes, but spiritually no.

I have had a few conscious "out of body" experiences a while ago and well that changed my life and way of thinking.

From of I have learned about my experiences and book reading, all souls ready to re incarnate into a physical body must "drink" water from "le fleuve de l`éthée", witch is a river in the astral realm and by drinking this you automatically forget your past lives for your new physical body.

All new re incarnations must drink this water so all living things, earth bound, will not remember about their past lives. No exceptions.

When we die, we will remember all our past lives and the path we must take for our next one. It`s like filling up a library full of books. Once your library is full of existences, or human lives, you will be promoted to a new expansion of life form, with extra intelligence and bringing you a bit closer to God.

I think maybe like an extra terrestrial ?

So remember benabba, we are all immortal but not allowed to remember our past.

I hope this teaches you a bit about the subject.

Take care.

Grinder

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I find it amazing to see someone convert water into wine, or even have seen jesus' face!
I don't assume this is anyone from any different race.
how many years before a.d 1 was adam around ?

i can imagine this man as somehwat of a biblical figure.
Where did you learn these research skills?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by offtheheezay]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i can't believe this hasn't come up yet, and i hate to have to be the one to say it, but...

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'd just like to know at around what age do these "immortals" stop aging. I mean is it in there 20's, in there 80's, no set age? Cause if I lived to be 90 or so THEN stopped aging, I'd be really bummed. I'd want to stop aging around 18 years old. But you never hear of "immortals" who are teenagers do you?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hmmm....very good thread...
An immortal would probably stop aging around their sexual peak. Late teens early twenties for men and starting around the mid thirties for women.

The meaning of life is and always has been procreation.

Out of the billions of ppl on the planet there are at least 1,000 immortals. Technically(sp?)...just a very minor genetic mutation that shuts off all cell degredation at ones hormonal peak and just regenerates indefinetly.

Strappings kind of original theory..

There are about a dozen ppl alive today that have some kind of "double bound" gene that makes them COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY IMMUNE FROM AIDS!! Sorry about all the caps....but being genetically immortal has NOTHING on being born completely and totally immune to...AIDS!! www.NIH.com

BEGIN RANT...
I completely and totally believe that the PTB have been a full THOUSAND years ahead of us sheeple since the end of WW2. Immortality is for the rich elitist DEMONS that can achieve immortality through something like a couple of out patient appointments a month a few pills and some shots every now and then.
END RANT...

Oh ...Im new here...been lurking for a very long time though...also nearly completely computer illiterate so I can only hope the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH link works..

Ha! The NIH! My parents let them experiment on me for years as a kid! The NIH pumped me full of experimental drugs for years! We did get paid very well though. We were pretty poor back then nealry to the point of starvation and being homeless so I just was glad I could help.

I remember turning colors sometimes. I turned green for a while. I mean the Incredible Hulk green...for a while...didnt go to school for awhile...

DCP

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How about someone from another dimension. Where time is different/slower? For every 100 years on Earth he ages one of his years, or something like that. From an earthlings perspective that person would be immortal.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Eh, I met a couple probably twelve years ago now who both claimed to be several thousand years old. They were both very attractive and had flawless skin but I didn't buy it. They were friends of a friend (who believed their story) but they both completely creeped me out when they corned me one time when I was at their house. They called themselves "Watchers," I believe. Recently I found out "Watchers" are believed to be a type of fallen angel but I prefer to think they were nothing more than two weirdos living in Fantasy Land.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I dont see why it isnt possible. But I dont think its probable. It would of been discovered by now someone would of been found by now. Now in the future the more we learn about genes and dna Im sure we will find a way to make this a reality but that wouldnt be for at least 200 years.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Immortality… Plausible with today’s research but highly unlikely. Though I have read a lot of fiction about immortals and it seems after awhile say 2 -3 thousand years they go a little “crazy” and commit suicide, being immortal that you live forever unless you sustain enough damage by being burnt to death and ashes scattered or beheaded or the like.

I’m sure you could fake your own death, move, gain fake certificates of identification, leave your assets in someone’s name then have that person’s will leave it to your new persona down the track or have you assets changed to something like gold or diamonds and left in a neutral bank safe with password and key.

Not all countries have such strict identification procedures. Buy an island and live a relatively recluse lifestyle????

I think immortality might be fun for the first few hundred years but would probably start to get a little repetitive after awhile I would gather.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Why post this if you won't tell us how you found him, or have any kind of proof? So you can eat up on points?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Everyone, even slightly fascinated with the subject, should watch the movie "The Man from Earth". The best movie from 2007 if you ask me.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Iseek]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
^^ is that movie out on dvd in aus?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am very much interested in the concept of immortals and "exceptional human beings." Though, I would really like to see some hard evidence so I can jump for joy. Possibly, a photograph? Whatever that would prove this man is indeed an immortal, I would very much like to see.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnforgiveableSin
I am very much interested in the concept of immortals and "exceptional human beings." Though, I would really like to see some hard evidence so I can jump for joy. Possibly, a photograph? Whatever that would prove this man is indeed an immortal, I would very much like to see.

one photo does enough for someone's identity to get out.
Then it leaks.
i can imagine being 2800 years old and having seen jesus perform miracles, that centuries after you want to prove the religious leaders wrong or something.
and after having been found out you'd be followed by the media and have scientific and medical tests done.
You could hide and let the heat cool off for a decade or 2 though

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Maybe its not actually immortal, maybe its an "extended" lifetime. Just becasue someone is 2000+ yrs old, does not make them immortal. But mayhap it be true, tell this man that if i had a wish, it would be to speak with him

seriously

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ohhh the Immortality passion.

Immortality to me does not involve the physical.
Being immortal, means YOU can not die.

Once you break the chain of reincarnation, though astral travel, and controlled OOBE. You learn how to seperate the energy body from the physical.

THAT is immortality.

Meditation is key.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by GrimTroll]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Might be of interest to note that in the Bible in the Old Testament when mentioning the "family tree" and tracking the decendants of Adam and Eve all the people have ages listed in the hundreds. How old did Noah and the the men before him live to be?
Its also quite interesting that the further down the line you get the less time the Bibles "characters" appear to live for. Could it be that when we were more in touch with God immortality was not such a far away dream and it was very probable that your life would span many hundreds of years?

Not being a religious man i dont take the bible as a literal translation but i understand parts of it to be a somewhat accurate historical account of events that occured.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the oldest person according to wikipedia (wikipedia blows) is around 130
i have read in a magazine called "The Third Eye" that in Tibet there are people that range from 200 to 800 years old, only god knows what u can find in the most remote places in the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join