It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vomiting bug to get worse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
well i heard about 2 hours ago that one of my brothers died last night. i do know he had these same symptoms described above a few days ago. i don't know as yet what caused his death yet (but he hadn't been able to walk for a while due to another illness). maybe it's related or not - don't know yet but don't be too hasty to jump to conclusions either way.

Justyc, I would like to express my condoleances to you and your family, and I wish you great strength in the times to come.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My deepest and most heartfelt sympathy from one who knows great loss.
I will pray for you and your family.
John

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
thank you people for your kind thoughts and most especially to rilence for his support in u2u.

i just wanted to update in this thread with what i know so far, which isn't much. there won't be an autopsy for quite a few days yet as according to the coroner they are apparantly swamped with dead people and have a backlog of 150 thousand at present (though i don't know what area that covers). his body was not even removed from the house till gone 3 in the afternoon because the coroner couldn't make it any earlier and my mum can't even make any arrangements for a funeral until they find out how he died and they don't know when they can fit him in.

he had been in the hospital on monday (a previous booked appointment for his other illness and they had said he was doing ok and sent him home where he died the same night). my other brother confirmed that he did have the norovirus last week. it was so bad that they threw all his bed linen away rather than wash it all.

so that's as far as i know.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My condolences Justy

May I ask where abouts in the UK this was please?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I hope you will be ok?

I'm suprised your even on the forum, you must be strong.

I would'nt be able to come on here and talk, anyway keep it up, I wish you well.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
My condolences Justy

May I ask where abouts in the UK this was please?

thankyou

he lived in blackburn with my mum who moved there many years ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I hope you will be ok?

I'm suprised your even on the forum, you must be strong.

I would'nt be able to come on here and talk, anyway keep it up, I wish you well.

i'm doing ok under the circumstances thanks.

i posted here because i had read this thread earlier in the morning about the norovirus and i know my brother had it the other day. after contacting/leaving messages to all the people i could i didn't know what else to do (i don't live in the same country as he did you see).

i have an update now though, the coroner called my mum to say they won't be doing an autopsy as he found out that the hospital had wanted to admit him but he had refused and gone home saying everything was ok instead. so he is concluding that it was his illness that killed him, which is very possible, but we will not know for sure now. at least she can now make arrangements for his funeral.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Justyc,

I am very sorry for your loss.
I feel terrible hearing such news of a fellow posters suffering....

btw, i noticed the original OP has Romania as a location, is is this true?
Is this confined to Europe? and Austrailia?
Would like to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Truly sorry for your loss man.

I posted on the other Norovirus thread and mentioned that during my short hospital stay,cleaners were coming in to work with this bug.

I made light of it,basically as soon as I got back from the Op,and came round from the Gen Anasthetic,I made my own decision to get changed immediately and get out of there.
As it happened I was not dissuaded too strongly as there was a severe bed shortage..AGAIN.

Looking back now I REALLY did not have a good feeling about the place.
I could hear commotions from the corridor as someone didn't make it to the bathroom in time.
Earlier someone else had passed out in the bathrooms too.
Infections seemed to be the word of the day there.Antibiotics and bedsores everywhere.

It must be devastating on the system of anyone who is not in top condition.I suffered dehydration in Israel 7 yrs ago and was left with a bladder infection among other things.

The best advice I can give is just keep drinking fluids if you get this..No matter how much you may not want too..and DON'T take drugs to stop you passing this out as fast as possible.

Best regards. T

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I do have this vomiting bug that's going around the UK...

It feels like bad flu

One does feel royally bad

[edit on 9-1-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sad news Justyc,

Sorry for your lost, hope your family is being strong and doing ok.

Not to pry in a time like this, and totally understand if you wish not to answer.. I read the coroner's response as 'he died of his illness', is this the norovirus he was speaking of or the other ailment you mentioned.

Again, its just curiosity as to the illness itself, and not meant to be disrespectful.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
justyc

my condolences for you and your family

one line that made me join and then reply,

according to the coroner they are apparantly swamped with dead people and have a backlog of 150 thousand at present

this is um, well words escape, disturbing? 150,000 deaths? sorry if this seems rude, but still, this thread struck home when i first started following it yesterday, and well, without wanting to be disrespectful, i felt i had to reply as this is a very large number of people.....

wondering if any UK members here have heard of rumours and such.... as with just even a few hundred people passing away, surely the relatives will be looking for more info and answers

again, sorry if this seems disrespectful, i am sort of a bit scared as of now, as that number 150 thousand, like, ok, gotta go

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I never get sick, hardly ever, but for the past three days I've been practically dead. Day one I couldn't keep anything down at all, two days in I feel full constantly and have no appetite, still feel ill etc.

Wash your hands! This sucks!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by b4tee4
wondering if any UK members here have heard of rumours and such.... as with just even a few hundred people passing away, surely the relatives will be looking for more info and answers

Blackburn is less than 45 miles away from where I live.

If there were 150,000 dead people from Norovirus in the county of Lancashire - where Blackburn is situated, believe me, I'd know about it by now.

Its not the case.

[edit on 9/0108/08 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You have to be pretty damn incompetent to walk out of the bathroom with crap on your hands. If you wash them or not, I don't know about you but when I wipe I use paper, not my hands.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
was able to talk to my stepmom living in the London area and I asked her if she knew of a largish number of people passing away from this, and she answered no

some logic indicates this would not be possible to hide from the media for too long, if one person passing away affects say 50 people, meaning friends and family etc, then surely 150 thousand times 50, well, everybody would be talking about this and my mom said nobody she knows of has heard of any large number... and she knows a lot of people! she did say there is a flu bug going around, but probably nothing more then a typical flu season, of course this virus might not be the flu per se, but, having said all this, if there were even say 1000 people passing away, well surely someone somewhere would have got the word out by now, media blackout or not....

of course with all the disinfo going around, one never really knows what the truth really is....

so yeh, it sounds very disturbing, yet, where is the um, 'proof'???

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow sorry for your loss justyc, and i hope that you lot who have caught the infection get well soon. it does sound pretty serious, i hope that i don't come across anyone with it.

does anyone know if it's restricted to the UK or what?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Firstly, that Sorcha fall article about "mass graves" and the like is utter bollocks. Aside from the fact that the Government wouldn't use the Official Secrets Act to silence the media, they'd use a D-notice, we'd all still know about here. The population is highly urbanised and we all have contacts from every part of the UK. The idea that the Government could conceal something like thousands of deaths is ludicrous.

Secondly, it's just really bad squits. The young and old will be vulnerable, as usual, but it's hardly the plague. I know a quite a few family members who've had it, and not one has died.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

This particular outbreak appears to be, but in November 2007, there was an outbreak in Nokia, Finland.

It is also pretty common on cruise ships, maybe due to the amount of people crammed into a small space and food served en masse.

[edit on 9/1/08 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OK, reading one article about 'zero fatalities' in the last five years(norovirus) I find it VERY suspect..

In the last day I have found out one member of ATS has lost a family member and my brother has just informed me that one of his workmates(43 yrs old) went to the doctors,collapsed and died there and then from exactly the same symptoms.

Something is just NOT ringing true here

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join