It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vomiting bug to get worse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Vomiting bug to get worse

www.guardian.co.uk

Infections from the debilitating norovirus stomach bug will peak this week as millions return to work after the holidays and spread the germs, the government has warned. People are advised to protect themselves by washing their hands thoroughly at all times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I found out about this story here :
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wash your hands, people!!

Some studies suggest that as many as 50 per cent of women and 75 per cent of men fail to wash their hands after visiting the bathroom.
Source | Vomiting bug to get worse | Society | The Observer

Ack!

Nasty!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
And you know what? It doesnt matter if you wash your hands either if just after you do so you reach and grab the same door handle to leave the restroom that the guy did before you did who didnt wash his hands.

So tell me, how did washing your hands help? Did you grab that door handle with a paper towel?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So tell me, how did washing your hands help? Did you grab that door handle with a paper towel?

Ummm, yeah I do...

I save the last one for the door handle to get out...

Consider this: when you touch the handle(s) to turn off the faucet the germs are still there from when you turned it on.

And from the last person to use it...and so on and so forth, ad infinitum.

That's why the faucet doesn't get turned off until I grab the first towel...

Maybe that's why the newer Sprawl-Marts are going with the infra-red faucets...to save water due to us germ-o-phobics.

I haven't been sick in some time...*knocks on wood*...maybe my techniques are working, eh?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm all for building up a strong immune system the way it should be.

No offence to posters here, but the more we get soft on the idea and theory of bugs, germs etc being bad for us the more we lose our natural ability to defend against any attacks. That's why when there is a bug going around it hits us twice as hard.

What with all the vaccines being in the news as nothing more than poisonous experiments filled with mercury and other things, and the multitude of pills prescribed by doctors and not forgetting the millions of chemical cleaners and detergents available to buy (as seen on TV) it's does not surprise me when we get reports of things like MRSA and mosquito's and drug resistant TB floating around and killing everyone off.

The WHO states high risk of global epidemic from emerging diseases

Researchers are now finding that the active ingredient in antimicrobial soaps and personal care products causes nerve damage.

Go outside into your garden, (or a friends if you've not got one) dig up a small patch of mud, smell it..
It just tickles your nose with a smell that oozes life into your body.
consider this, Haitian Mud Pies

And here's something that might make you think twice about all these soaps,

Researchers are now finding that the active ingredient in antimicrobial soaps and personal care products causes nerve damage. The ingredient is called MIT (methylisothiazolinone), and it is found in antimicrobial soaps, hand soaps, dish soaps and a surprising number of personal care products. People buy these personal care products thinking they're protecting themselves from infectious microbes. They think it makes them immune to viruses and bacteria that might be found in their bathrooms or kitchens, and thus they believe in the mythology of using antimicrobial soaps to create a sterile environment in their own homes. the reality is that they're giving themselves nervous system disorders while actually promoting the breeding of resistant strains of bacteria.

Dangerous chemicals in personal care products compromise health

I used to play in the mud all the time as a kid. Never did me any harm.

The most proven reason to take a mud bath is that it's relaxing. Being cocooned and buoyed up in the warm, soft mixture simply sucks all the stress out. The temperature makes you perspire, which cleans the pores. Health benefits are not proven, but a mud bath is claimed to improve the complexion, relieve joint and muscle pain and remove toxins.

gocalifornia.about.com...

I'll leave you here and let you read the links so you can decide for yourselves as to what we should do to ensure our own health, rather than believe the rubbish we're sold on TV.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Just a heads up on 'what does it mean'. They have some of the most outrageous bs on the web. Such as 'millions of Australians' to be relocated' last summer, for instance.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Extralien hit it right on the head with his post. Among other things, America has become obsessed with being clean/germ-free. What people don't realize is that we are not letting our immune systems do their jobs. I don't know how many times I have seen parents keep their kids from playing in the dirt or something because it is "dirty". Well guess what...kids have been playing in the dirt since the beginning of time and we are all still here!

I am all for washing your hands after visiting the bathroom and all but there has to be a line somewhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This sound like the original Richard Matheson short story called "I am Legend"

It starts in Europe and spreads all over the world turning everyone one into
genetically modified vampires

What an amazing coincidence that the Will Smith movie "I am Legend" was released just a few weeks ahead of this annual post holiday pandemic.

"What does not kill me makes me stronger" (or a vampire zombie)

"Poison or cure its all in the dose"

"Germs don't kill people, people do"

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I had this bug two weeks before Christmas.

It.

Is.

Horrible.

I thought I was going to die.
Seriously.
Without going into detail, the sick feeling nearly knocked me out it was so ferocious, but what was worse was the feeling at the other end happened at the same time.

Can you imagine crawling to the loo at 2:30am not knowing which end to shove down the bowl? It was like Russian roulette, but with nasty bodily fluids. And God, where they fluid!

I found the trick was to, ahem, clench for dear life whilst emptying my stomach, then get up and open the bomb-bay doors. That way, I was spared sticking my head into the awful odour. TMI?

My wife slept through the entire six hours of me trying to completely dehydrate myself. She just lay there, blissfully unaware that I was near death's door.

And she didn't catch it. I believe this is to do with the fact that we are fastidiously clean in the bathroom department. Even my elderly father-in-law, who lives with us, thankfully didn't catch it, either.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You're right JP

We're still BBQ'ing and pissingup throughout this hellishly hot summer, as we Aussies always do...

No relocations/evacuations here, at least not on a mass transit scale...Sure there a many evacuations at a given BBQ, but that's another matter altogether...

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
I found out about this story here :
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

That article is offensive to people who live in Britain on so many levels, not least because the stuff about mass burials isn't true but also because it insults the intelligence of anyone from here who knows whats going on.

Quite how someone could publish such crass rubbish is beyond me, but I note that Sorcha Faals name is attached to it so I guess that says it all really.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I had the same thing a few months back. I would have gone to the hospital (which I never do), if I wasn't so sick. Exploding out of both ends every hour on the hour for about 8 hours. Starting right when I tried to go to sleep. It spread through my whole family. I have known several people who have gotten this bug this year. (last year)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
well i heard about 2 hours ago that one of my brothers died last night. i do know he had these same symptoms described above a few days ago. i don't know as yet what caused his death yet (but he hadn't been able to walk for a while due to another illness). maybe it's related or not - don't know yet but don't be too hasty to jump to conclusions either way.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Justyc...

I am truly sorry for your loss, my friend....As I'm sure everyone on ATS is...

Please feel free to post here during your time of grief and we will surround you and protect you during this time...

Please take good care friend...My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Tony

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

hugs
thank you for your words. they are appreciated.

apc

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ah... the age hold question: Which end do I want to clean up after?

I'll take topside, myself.

WASH YOUR HANDS! This virus is spread by people who are infected and have feces or vomit on their hands.

Saying, "Just build your immune system! We're all gonna die if we all wash our hands!" is uhm... not wise. These are the infections that before modern medicine would have killed thousands to millions of people... and they didn't have hand sanitizer or antibacterial soap. The latter I agree is rather pointless, but that's no excuse to not WASH YOUR HANDS after having a digestive evacuation.

WASH YOUR HANDS!

Here's how:

1: Turn on warm, not hot, water.

2: Wet hands and build soapy lather.

3: Rub all surfaces of hands and first few inches of wrist for at least thirty seconds.

4: Rinse.

5: Dry hands using last towel to turn off faucet.

6: The interior door handle is extremely clean typically, but if you're that worried about it use your elbow or another towel.

Do this every time you make poopies! And get your kids to do it! ALWAYS!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
*coughs*

A long-ish term member of ATS suffers a sudden loss of a loved one, and we post around this ??

C'mon folks,I honestly thought we were better than this...

Perhaps I'm wrong

Surely it would be more appropriate to acknowledge said loss and then post according to the OP ?

I really thought we had a lot more class than that here, perhaps we don't

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

i am so very sorry to hear of your loss, i hope that you have a supportive and caring family and friends to help yourself and each other through your time of shock and sadness.

m x

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
*coughs*

A long-ish term member of ATS suffers a sudden loss of a loved one, and we post around this ??

C'mon folks,I honestly thought we were better than this...

Perhaps I'm wrong

Surely it would be more appropriate to acknowledge said loss and then post according to the OP ?

I really thought we had a lot more class than that here, perhaps we don't

*shrugs*

No you're absolutely right, I was thinking the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join