It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Earlier in the thread some folks were asking why the Iranians were "apparently" unable to identify the US ships sooner, well, the event took place a 4 in the morning, which I'm guessing makes it pretty dark.

Also, the "border" along the straits is still not resolved. This lack of understanding permeated the capture of british sailors, and was commented on by an expert on international boundaries (from a UK university, I can't remember which I'm afraid) on BBC radio 4 at the time.

Something of a storm in a teacup appears to have been made of this whole event.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Excuse me, but Iran does not have several thousand tonns of steel parked in front of America, do they? Actually, from Iranian point of view, the aggressor is United States Armed Forces - they are "just" defeneding their territorial waters, which have been breached in the past and we all know that. And frankly, what serious damage could this small 5 patrol boats do to a cruiser, a destroyer and a frigate of the U.S.Navy? Are you serious man? IF they really wanted to provoke a war with U.S. - and I seriously doubt that, since they have really NOTHING to gain by doing that - they would have done that already. See, the facts are speaking against you and they are saying, that some rouge elements within the U.S. armed forces and the U.S. government kind of want the war with Iran and noth the other way around. That is why they have already created detailed plans how to attack Iran. Does Iran have detailed plans how to attack America?

Finally someone that understands the whole source of these similar threads!

It is soooooo simple (don’t let the Analyst’s/Media fool you). Countries should take each of their Military ‘BACK’ to their own country then return every foreign ‘Diplomat’ and their so called immunity, back to their respected countries. They should then serve their ‘own’ countries from within, lavishing the massive savings both in terms of monetary relief and Fear mongering relief, to name but a few.

US, Russia,,,,,,, [insert a country not operating within its own borders] and the UK (my medalling bully country) are the cause of conflict.

So the slogan US go home is not a meaningless chant but a withdrawal plan for ALL aggressors….. And, yes see above bullies for creating conflict by creating ‘Rogue Sates’ Israel and Palestine may fall under this? Oh, controversial!

Anyway, it is simple. It just takes the letting go of false history as your bases and look at what is happening right now. Try it without a reference to justifying with a victor’s version of history. [‘US had to go into Germany to stop the Holocaust’] might be one that gets rolled out but who helped finance this resign? [Pearl Harbour] Hmmmmmm I think this one was debunked several years ago as a staged false flag operation. But the point is these and other justifications for killing are contrived always by the big bully aggressor.

Because, we see the result of these aggressive occupations daily on both sides but skewed nearly exclusively in human misery on the innocent who live in the occupied countries!

I think you get my gist and some of it is yes patchy to say the least but not the central premise that these world problems are created by the US, Russian and UK/European’s for their power/wealth interests!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FremenBlueEyes

I cannot believe you say the Iranians are Demonizing the US, surely thats been the other way round for the last 3 years.

Bush said they had Nuclear Weapons!

According to US intel it turns out that they dont have Nuclear weapons, yet Bush and Rice still want to invade

The Western Media Mis-Quoted the Iraninan President as saying he wanted to "Wipe Israel of the Map",

Something the massive population of Iranian Jews knew was false!

The Iraninan President was ridiculed by the US media when he visited and itroduced as a dictator when he gave his speech! Everytime he says Iran wants peace you all assume he is lying!

When will you people wake up to this Propoganda, Do you really want war between East and West?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabriel5578
Listen to Irans side of the story... Which is much different than ours. Somehow I believe their story more than ours.

news.yahoo.com...

I believe the media is blowing these things out of proportion to ensenuate war.

People like you are sheep, and have a memory of less than 6months.
Can't you remember when the British Marines got kidnapped???
The Iranians said we were in their waters, yet we had GPS coordinates to prove we were not, the Iranians lied, like they are most likely now.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by iskander

When I saw that you had posted on this thread, I said to myself, this will be "good". What's missing is your usual russian 'er soviet angle on this issue. Still you didn't disappoint me with your anti-America angle - even though all that you said had already been posted (and refuted) by others before.

Now, how about something from you on those supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles (silkburn, or is it sunworm?) the russians 'er soviets have given iran ...

[edit on 1/7/2008 by centurion1211]

Forget about Iskander!!!
He has an inferiority complex against the west, he always "bigging up" Russia and it's military equipment etc, with 5-15 year old infomation.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Aren't you the sheep for believing the American Media?, why would iran invite a US conflict when they are clearly not as Advanced when it comes to military??

It makes no sense. Why would America want to go to war with Iran?

simple.............

Oil.

And they thought the British were in there Waters, Apparently the borders arent that clear? If Iraninan Boats were Patroling in the British Channel I would like to think that Our Boys would go investigate, Also do the Iranians have GPS?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Sandals24]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei

"I am coming at you, you will explode" - maybe some Iranian captain standing in his minefield was worried about US ships entering the minefield. The news does say "international waters", but who really knows ? Maybe they were on the edge of Iran's waters, why would they patrol international waters in their little boats and threaten warships ?

Why would Iran attack US ships like that ? I mean they did not even attack them. If they want to start a war there are plenty of ways.
What they did, and said, and the floating boxes dropped in the water makes me think it was about some minefield

Another possible angle on the event...

The US ships were sailing as close as possible to the Iranian territorial boundary whilst cruising through the Straits of Hormuz and attempting to gain intelligence on any anti-shipping hardware stationed on the Iranian shoreline.

Perhaps unknown to the USN vessels, the Iranians had laid anti-shipping mines just inside their waters that the ships were steering a heading toward, the USN vessels are detected and the possible danger of pursuing the course realised and 5 fast response boats deployed by the Rep. Guard to turn away the vessels from possible disaster and without giving away the nature of their coastal water defenses, and mark a safe zone with visible white boxes dropped into the water...which could account for the lack of usual sabre-rattling in the Iranian statement to the MSM

This could account for the Farsi-to-English misconstrued statement of "We are coming at you, you will explode" which could be re-read as "We are coming toward you to persuade you from your current course otherwise your ship may explode one of our mines"?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here we have it again ....

In the right corner you have the Pro U.S.A crowd.

In the left corner you have the Pro (name country here) though atm that is Iran crowd.

I'm sorry to say that arguing for either is not the issue here. Stories like this latest U.S vs whomever is a smoke screen to bigger things going on in the world.
When George Bush snr announced the New World Order, he wasn't joking around. What we see today is the ground work being laid. Basically ANY country that even remotely looks like not being a part of the NWO is on the "hit list"

At the present that "hit list" has Iran on it. The MSM will fill our heads with all sorts of "events" to "persuade" us to take sides. Thats why we have the Right corner and the Left corner. But both corners are being duped into believing the lie.
Eventually the events will escalate in action and the MSM will go into over drive with their "persuasion techniques" filling everyones heads with lies.

The enemy is not your average Iranian citizen or your average American citizen. The enemy are powerful leaders, seen and unseen, who have an agenda.

But at the end of the day I'm sure most will ignore the truth and eat up the propaganda ....

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
LOL people people...

Forget who's to blame... we will never know 100%

Just like when the Brits were taken last year.. although some say we were in their waters but others say we were not (GPS co's). The blame factor should be forgotten as both sides are probably to blame.

Lets just look at what happened and how close we were to a major conflict, what that means and what it means for things to come? There's a story here but your getting caught up in the blame game.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
i say this everyday and i say this to all my friend and i say this every morning to the mirror, now let me say this here ..

I really do not like how U.s demonizes the iran, in the media and through their goverment, and then goes and pulls a move like this in the international political playing field. It's just immature and not right.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandals24
Bush said they had Nuclear Weapons!

According to US intel it turns out that they dont have Nuclear weapons, yet Bush and Rice still want to invade

Please try and stay focused because Bush said no such thing. Bush said they are in the process of developing nuclear weapons, not that they already have the weapons.

Secondly, that latest intel report which stated they had stopped their program is total rubbish. Let's see.....what are you going to believe....All of the numerous reports before this last one which said they are developing nuclear weapons or this ONE last report. I choose to believe all the previous reports. The last report is nothing more than Bush attempting to make the situation go away so he does not have to deal with it. Its total rubbish!

[edit on 8-1-2008 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Irrelevant!
It does not matter that Iran does not want us there.

You got neighbors? I’d like to see how you’d like a bunch of a-holes in pickup trucks racing up and down your neighborhood road, showing of their shotgun racks and threatening to pump you full of lead.

But hey, it’s a public road and they have not set foot your own private property yet, so the cops are not going to do a thing.

How does that sound to you, or is it something that’s happening in your neighborhood regularly?

The fact is that its legal to cruise in international waters and Iran needs to mind their own business or pay the piper.

Threatening war on the bases of made up crap and suppressed intell is.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
You got neighbors? I’d like to see how you’d like a bunch of a-holes in pickup trucks racing up and down your neighborhood road, showing of their shotgun racks and threatening to pump you full of lead.

Please....take your analogies elsewhere because it in no way applies to this situation.

Threatening war on the bases of made up crap and suppressed intell is.

What is made up and suppressed?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am disappointed that the U.S. 'whimped' out and did not immediately destroy these threatening boats. The captains of these U.S. ships have to stop crying about being threatened and do something about it. This non-action IMO show weakness and just invites more of the same. Now, in the captains defense, his arms are probably tied by the rules of engagment which are determined by lawyers and politicians instead of military personnel.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
I'm just waiting to see how this story (Two F-18s crash in the Persian Gulf) may tie into the naval confrontation...any ideas or speculation???

This is just a thought, is it possible that we sunk there 5 boats and in response the shot down 2 f-18's. That seems very possible and logical. Both sides not being currently prepared for war, warn each other, with the US saying don't get so close. Iran has fought many skirmishes on its borders so it is all possible that they are used to skirmishing which would make the this is ordinary comment make sense. In any event, if it did indeed go down like that, I think I'd rather loose 5 speed boats then 2 superhornets. Its just funny to me how they crashed doing CAS over the gulf that is a little strange. Who were they supporting?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by pai mei

"I am coming at you, you will explode" - maybe some Iranian captain standing in his minefield was worried about US ships entering the minefield. The news does say "international waters", but who really knows ? Maybe they were on the edge of Iran's waters, why would they patrol international waters in their little boats and threaten warships ?

Why would Iran attack US ships like that ? I mean they did not even attack them. If they want to start a war there are plenty of ways.
What they did, and said, and the floating boxes dropped in the water makes me think it was about some minefield

Another possible angle on the event...

The US ships were sailing as close as possible to the Iranian territorial boundary whilst cruising through the Straits of Hormuz and attempting to gain intelligence on any anti-shipping hardware stationed on the Iranian shoreline.

Perhaps unknown to the USN vessels, the Iranians had laid anti-shipping mines just inside their waters that the ships were steering a heading toward, the USN vessels are detected and the possible danger of pursuing the course realised and 5 fast response boats deployed by the Rep. Guard to turn away the vessels from possible disaster and without giving away the nature of their coastal water defenses, and mark a safe zone with visible white boxes dropped into the water...which could account for the lack of usual sabre-rattling in the Iranian statement to the MSM

This could account for the Farsi-to-English misconstrued statement of "We are coming at you, you will explode" which could be re-read as "We are coming toward you to persuade you from your current course otherwise your ship may explode one of our mines"?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by citizen smith]

Great point. That is the most logical yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
reply to post by patriot jim

I agree it seems to have been massively exaggerated. It was 5 speedboats against 3 warships! Still a worrying development though.

Five speedboats against 3 warships ...

But wait! Wasn't it only a rubber raft that blew a hole in the side of the U.S.S. Cole? Each of those 5 boats could probably carry up to a ton of explosives. Got to take them out if they get too close.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

en.wikipedia.org...

Thats how. Russia never sold any sunburns to Iran. They let Iran demo one. That has been proved over and over again. A missile can not get through a wall of lead, Especially when traveling at Mach 2. Jets fly at Mach 2 you know, We shoot them down don't we? The U.S. Hopper is one of the most advanced ships on the sea today. It can take down I.C.B.Ms .

I'm well aware of the Phalanx and its capabilities. Which do not include supersonic cruise missiles. They simply come over the horizon too fast. The Sunburns and Yakhonts would be nasty.

As to what Russia has given Iran. Let's not count our chickens till they're hatched.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Five speedboats against 3 warships ...

But wait! Wasn't it only a rubber raft that blew a hole in the side of the U.S.S. Cole? Each of those 5 boats could probably carry up to a ton of explosives. Got to take them out if they get too close.

Not to mention that they attempted to force the warships to make evasive maneuvers when they threw something out practically in front of the ships. Even the captains know the limits of warships, and they are not invincible, hence the Iranians were trying to send a message. They knew they were American warships the moment they sent the threat.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by greysave

Very good point!

We, the public, would only be informed of any military action between the two nations if it became necessary to do so. The tight-lipped stance on both patrol-boat scene and two downed fighters may be to prevent a further escalation, both sides have been bloodied, but wish to withdraw, and the whole event kept under wraps with an 'almost happened' cover story put out to the global media as a veiled 'be prepared for conflict' ang not forgetting, to keep the price of oil-futures from skyrocketing on the trading floors!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join