It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

You shouldnt hate Iran, and you shouldnt generalize, it's not very Islamic.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I guess hate is a wrong/strong word.
I'm not a religious person, but I'll put it this way... I don't like what they're doing. Neither the whabiis. They've hijacked a religion using it for their own crooked ends.

The New York Times reported today that the doubters of the legitimacy of the U.S. reports now include the Pentagon itself: "Unnamed Pentagon officials said on Wednesday that the threatening voice heard in the audio clip, which was released on Monday night with a disclaimer that it was RECORDED SEPARATELY from the video images AND MERGED with them LATER, is not directly traceable to the Iranian military. That undercuts one of the most menacing elements from the Pentagon’s assertion that Iranian forces threatened the Navy ships: The voice on the radio saying, 'I am coming to you. … You will explode after … minutes.'"

deja vu..iraq anyone?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by mw113]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has seen the updated version that's been released.

BBC News -

Check out this little blurb nestled away in the article..

However, senior US navy sources later told the BBC that the alleged threat to blow up the warships "may not have come" from Iranian speedboats.

I wonder what's really going on here.. the original story, the one that will likely be printed on the front page has been seen by many. Now this, which only deserves a few sentences on a Friday, says 'oops, we might be wrong. ' Unfortunately who knows who will read that?

Just a little more propaganda by a media controlled by our rulers and entrepreneurial politicians.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greysave

You can laugh all you want - What really is laughable is the phony "Persian" accent of the Pentagon, or whoever is behind this latest anti-Iranian campaign (one of thousands...) you don't have to be an "expert" to know accents. Many non-experts would recognize a Pakistani, Indian, Swedish or German accent. Persian accents are just as unique, and this was nothing even remotely close to a Persian accent!

Come on, is it so hard to acknowledge that certain elements in the U.S. establishment have desperately tried to smear Iran with their lies for several years now. Why in the world would Iran want to threaten the U.S. navy with MOTOR BOATS? Do you really think that they're that stupid? Tell me, what exactly could the Iranian revolutionary guard have to gain from an incident like this, that very well could have led to the use of force? I don't get it.... How do you people think? Or do you think at all? Do just accept anything your media and government tells you? The U.S. is messing with the sovereignty of other nations, and that is serious business. That's playing with fire! Your government and intelligence services are funding, organizing, supporting and instigating terrorist groups and separatist movements in a bid to alter the face of the Middle East, and they're so damn stupid that they think they will be successful! They haven't learnt from their past mistakes. They don't know that part of the world, its culture, religion, people, etc. But they're playing with fire, and in the process they're killing hundreds of thousands of people, and wrecking the lives of millions and millions more! The U.S. is an imperialist power who is talking about "democracy and freedom", and a "war on terror", while all it has done is to promote oppressors, dictators, topple democratic governments, assassinated democratically elected leaders, and supported terrorist groups like the Contras, the People's Mujaheddin Organization, and Kurdish and Baluchi terrorists! The people of the Middle East want the U.S. out of the Middle East!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What is interesting about this aggression toward our navy is that it has a resemblance to OPERATION NORTHWOODS

Just read the wiki article and replace Cuba/Cuban with Iran/Irani.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"I really do not like how Iran demonizes the US, in the media and through their prime minister, and then goes and pulls a move like this in the international political playing field. It's just immature and not right."

Take a look at how your own media has been portraying Iranians for the last 29 years, and then maybe you can take that speck out of your own eye, which might hopefully make Iran's media portrayal of the USA not such an issue for you.

"too bad we didnt blow the iranians out of the water because if they keep doing that crap i can guarantee that the shock and awe bombings of iraq will look like people playing paintball if we bombed iran."

Forgive me if I don't take your guarantee as having little or any value.
Iran is a great nation and Iranians are a great people. Insulting us by threatening us with your bombs is tantamount to the same drivel that Al-Qaeda spout on a regular basis.

Go brush your teeth.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join