It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military reports "significant confrontation" between 5 Iranian vessels...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

The differences are subtle, but significant.

But not noticing the disparities is to be expected, from someone who swallows the MSM's story whole.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The article said there were five boats. Now, I knew they had the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria ( got those on a bargain from spain a while back), but what were the other two?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Translation: No difference!

But not noticing the disparities is to be expected, from someone who swallows the MSM's story whole.

For starters, you know nothing about me or where I get my info.
Secondly, I despise the MSM because of their biased views. So your attempt at trying to look intelligent has failed you once again.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by goosdawg

Translation: No difference!

Not in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion perhaps you've got a point...

For starters, you know nothing about me or where I get my info.

I've tangled with you enough to know we usually take opposing views.

Secondly, I despise the MSM because of their biased views.

Well, it certainly is refreshing to find, including your goofy avatars, we can agree on something!

Touché!!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Yes what you said at the end is a major understatement. Each of those ships can track 100 targets at a time. They can defend themselves against any attack period. You left out the anti-ship missiles that they have lots of. Just an example of what this ship can do. Say Iran tries to attack this ship, The Hopper can sink any Iranian ship or down any aircraft that is sent its way and shoot down any missile shot at it. Then it can shower Iranian navy and air bases with Tomahawks. A U.S. Navy ship captain does not need permission to defend his ship and the people on it. He has sole responsibility for protecting his ship at all cost.

In addition, Hopper has been foremost in the field of Ballistic Missile Defense.
en.wikipedia.org...(DDG-70)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

i dont think soulja is muslim so i dont know where you are getting your facts from. and what his reply has to do with muslims changing the subject.
since i have stayed on subject and i havent seen another muslim ats member reply yet

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
another false flag op? I can that happening with this adminstration,also with the Peace talks with the Isrealis and Palastinians going on what an opertunity to disrupt the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

1) I strongly believe he is Muslim
2) He did not address the issue/post at hand. He changed the subject to something else, not the Issue of 5 Iranian gunboats charging American Naval ships and radioing that would be blowing up soon.
3) You have not stayed on topic with your last reply
4) To answer your off topic, has caused me to go off topic (sorry OP)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Just one last question that I just don't get.

I believe we all now agree that Iranian gun boats were the ones who approached the US ships and said the would be blowing up soon-I believe Iran admitted so.

"IF" that is the case, please explain how this is a US false Flag event??????

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

nope my last reply was off topic but then again it was addressing Centurein (sorry if i spelt the username wrong) which came to a mutual understanding.

the only person that is changing the subject is you

unless of course you can point out before me addressing another member where Souljah went off topic and how his reply doesnt relate to this topic at hand.

also you should ask souljah if hes muslim and not assume to much

edit: seems to me as hes addressing the remarks you made in your post which funny enough have nothing to do with the subject. dont preach what you dont do your self not a pretty sight

[edit on 7-1-2008 by bodrul]

[edit on 7-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

i will post it again for your bennifit

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iran played down the event, describing it as an "ordinary occurrence".

"This... happens for the two sides every once in a while and, after the identification of the two sides, the issue is resolved," foreign ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said.

Official media also reported the US statement about Iran's allegedly threatening behaviour with scepticism, implying that Washington was exaggerating the incident.

its seems that the Iranians dont agree that they threatend the US but did say they were in the wrong

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
My question is, 'If they really were just mosquitoes then why all the hullabelloo?'

On the other hand Skywatcher, how can a ss-n-22 or its later variants be shot down?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Its ordinary-so that means it is ok to have 5 gun boats charging at another countries naval ships-ok, but if they get some boats sunk-don't cry to me, that kind of action is begging for a fight. (I wonder what would happen if 5 American ships charged at 3 Iranian ships, what would happen as they closed to 200 yards???

And the fact that Iran was not able to create a major incident to it's advantage is now being played down by Iran, who would have guessed it?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe the Iranians were trying to tell the Americans that there are mines in the area.
Maybe Iran mined it's territorial waters, and the US ships were about to enter those waters, like those English ships last year

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

cry to you? please inlighten me why should i take a hoot
you seem to very good at reading between the lines arent you?

It seems to me even so this situation has been resolved and with the Iranians admiting their errors you still want to find a way to blow it out preportion.

The straights is a small place of course its going to happen
jebus some people these days

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

I seriously doubt it, but "IF" that were true, could they not have radioed, "US Naval ships-you are entering a mine field” or “You have enter our territorial waters, please adjust you course accordingly”.

No need to send 5 gun boats out to within 200 yards of the ships.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It is up to about 210 miles across and as little as 35 miles-now of course not all that is available for shipping lanes. But even taking into account say 5 miles on each side for territorial waters, that still leaves a few miles "wiggle" room

My problem is I don't believe this is over.
I think we will be seeing more of this as the peace process starts.
I believe we will see a pattern of Iran trying to provoke the US militarily

Persian Gulf

[edit on 1/7/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It sounds like the Bay of Tonkin Incident...the incident that started the US involvement in the Vietnam war....and which may have never actually happened...read this.

Here's an interesting article from one year ago:
Presidential Candidate Fears "Gulf Of Tonkin" To Provoke Iran War

Either way, let's hope this is not the start of something...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mightymouth

Mighty, Iran has admitted that they did have 5 gun boats charge the 3 US navy ships.

So, if thats the case, please explain to me how this is a US False Flag Event????

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
My problem is I don't believe this is over.
I think we will be seeing more of this as the peace process starts.
I believe we will see a pattern of Iran trying to provoke the US militarily

Nope, not over by a long shot, it's just getting started...

But I think the "pattern" will be events "provoking" the "US" that will purportedly be of Iranian origin, but actually something more sinister and to the benefit of the entities that will stand to profit the most from a "War on Iran."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join