It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should (YOU) Be Observing the Biblical Holydays?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Peace and blessings to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
Many Christians are beginning to ask themselves some important questions: "What are the biblical Holydays?" "What significance do these Feast Days have?" "Aren't the Holydays just for Jews?" "Didn't Christ 'do away' with the law?" "What festivals did the early apostolic church observe?" "Didn't Paul Do Away With The Holydays?" "What festivals were observed in the post-apostolic period?" "Will we keep the Holydays after the Second Advent?"

Ultimately, one more question is prevaling in their hearts, "Should I be observing the biblical Holydays"?

Link

To survive the next few years, observing God's law, his holy days included will be "required".

---------------------------
Added 'ex' tags and trimmed copy/paste

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/1/08 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Those of the jewish religion probably should be.
Those of the christian religion maybe should be, but got to tell ya, half of them seem not to know just when the sabbath should be observed, so what can I say...
as for the rest, no...not really. They definately shouldn't be forced to!! Just what good would that do? They won't be believing, they'll be mocking!! And, just how would that good christian leadership force them to? Love really isn't that forceful...so that is out. Through violence, coercion, cruelity? Again, you'd be making a mockery of God...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

To survive the next few years, observing God's law, his holy days included will be "required".

from what i understand there are over 600 Laws that G-d made.

those Holy Days are seperate... the different Feasts etc. are
covenants made between the Hebrew Tribes and their Tribal God...

those days are set aside & celebrated for the 12 tribes legacy & tradition,
one can elect to celebrate the feasts etc, but that's an elective and not a mandatory thing. [my worldview & opinion]

ADD: www.wearewideawake.org...

[edit on 5-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
By required I meant to avoid the ravages of the tribulation, to be kept safe by God in the last days.

Observing the holy days is a "choice" but to be blessed by God one must obey.

His protection comes to those who follow HIS rules.................

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing that God protects us from our own stupidity. and much of what is said regarding to the tribulation seems to me to be just the fruits of our own actions as a group.
Our pollution (this is just one example) could be the cause of some of these things. There's been warning for the past 30 years or so about that pollution, we've seen some pretty horrible consequences from this pollution , but, well.....don't expect us to change our ways much. So, what should he do, continually save us from ourselves in hopes that some day in the distant future a light that has been dead so long will suddenly click on? or well, let things be, and let us learn the hard way. A good parent will often times let their children learn the hard way since they are unwilling to listen to reason. And, what should we be doing? taking up some celebrations to attest to our godliness....or just plain out start listening and changing our habits?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Can Jesus save you?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you really think it through not really, yeah by no means would it hurt to and probably isn't a bad idea to but I wouldn't call it necessary. The whole basis of Christianity is to follow the teachings of Christ, and that doesn't require adherence to the Jewish traditions and laws. The first Christians were of originally Jewish and as such brought those holydays and traditions with them, and there are indeed illustrations of conflicts pertaining to what what was expected of the Gentile converts and how much of a role Jewish custom and tradition should play into what was to become the Christian faith. To put it simply a Christian believes on Christ for their salvation and as such lives in his example, that requires no set and specific rules and regulations. One could very eaisly make the argument that true Christianity isn't meant to be a religon relying on rules, holydays and holy places, but instead a lifestyle following in the example of Christ.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

should we all be keeping the biblical holydays of leviticus 23 including the 7th day sabbath?yes--you can read the scriptures end to end and not find any place where these days have been done away---matter of fact the penalty for not keeping the day of atonement is a premature death---thanks to the rabbis changing the aaronic/levitical calendar the rabbinic jews that also rejected the Messiah keep the day of atonement at the correct time only every 7th year on average---and then wonder why they have so much trouble from enemies.when Messiah comes everyone including the enemies of israel are going to be forced to keep G-Ds holydays zechariah 14:16-21

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes, Christ is your savior, IF you keep all the holy days and the sabbath day. Jesus did, his disciples did.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
The whole basis of Christianity is to follow the teachings of Christ, and that doesn't require adherence to the Jewish traditions and laws.

Christ did.........................he did follow the law of Moses...........

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

When you said Holidays Please explain what holidays and enumerate them, see I only know of one the Sabbaths, my father is a seventh day adventist so he does keep the Saturday.

But I will like to know where are the rest of the holidays, and please explain the conspiracy here.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

There is a place in the Bible that talks about obseving Times:
Galatians 4:9-11 (New International Version)

9But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

It seems that obseving these times is not a Christian principle. Going back to the old covenent is not the path to salvation. The new covenent is written in the blood of Christ. The obsevance of the Sabbath was outlawed by the Church. The Lord's Day was instituted by the Church to replace it. That was on Sunday and was meant as the anti-Sabbath, to seperate the Church from the Jewish religion.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
you say the observance of the sabbath was outlawed by the church?which church are you talking about? only 1 i know of is the roman catholic church---those that fell away from the apostolic church of the nazarens and took upon themselves the image of the beast---rome---the roman empire.the apostates changed from sabbath observance approximately 110 ce in order to save themselves from being martyred by the roman legions.

you are wrong as far as what catholic scholars say about the 7th day sabbath--the begining commentaries in the catholic new jerusalem bible say that G-D never did away with the sabbath and that it is still in full force and effect.since i can only assume that you are a catholic i can only tell you to read your own bible.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yes, Christ is your savior, IF you keep all the holy days and the sabbath day. Jesus did, his disciples did.

There are plenty of scriptures used to either justify it or condemn it, however, I would like to be pointed to precisely where the command is given to keep these.

Also along with that please show where a loss of salvation is a result of not keeping these days.

Anywhere within the new testament you would like.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by WiseSheep]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Didn't Christ 'do away' with the law?

Many mainstream practioners of Christianty believe erroneously that Christ abolished the law. Nothing could be further from the truth! In fact, One greater than we testifies to this in Matthew 5:17-19 Think NOT that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil [Note: fulfill = magnify, expound upon, increase accountibility beyond the letter of the law now to the spirit of the law]. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in NO WISE PASS from the law, till ALL be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Have the heavens and the earth passed away yet? Then neither has any of God's law - says Jesus! [A related reference may be found in our article showing the Ten Commandments in the New Testament]

Do not let any man deceive you and turn you away from the words of Christ Himself! The Scriptures that people use to contradict Jesus upholding the law are interpreted improperly. The followers of Christ did not dispense with His commands. Jesus KEPT the Holydays and all of God's Law to be considered "blameless" and "sinless." We see that if Christ broke the law that it would be sin and we would have no savior.

1 John 3:4-7 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1 Peter 2:19-24 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

During the time of Christ, the Passover and the Feast of Unleavens became jointly known as the Feast of the Unleavens being that unleavened bread was eaten on the Passover as well. The following example contains such a case but the point of the illustration is that Christ was keeping the Holydays. Matthew 26:17-19 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

Jesus is also shown attending the Feast Days in John 2:23; John 5:1; John 7:2,10, 14, 37; John 11:55-56; John 12:12; John 13:1; and Luke 2:41-42. After washing the disciples feet during Passover Jesus told then he was to be imitated in John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

We read a similar admonition to mimic Jesus in the letter called 1 John 2:1-6 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK, this is now another preaching thread on the wrong forum,

I will like to bring to the attention that this forum is for conspiracies in religion not for bible studies.

heliosprime so far starting with the OP your post has been exclusively for preaching, no conspiracy to be found.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

No, I am not a Catholic, and I do not neccesarily agree with what the Catholic Church did. But it is a fact that the Canons of the Church is very specific about not doing anything similar to the Jewish practice of keeping the Sabbath. These are the results of the various councils of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church does recognize the concept of a day to worship God, but believe they have the authority to transfer it from the seventh day, to the first day. Also, they went to a lot of trouble to spell out that the Lord's day is not to be celebrated in the way that the Jews celebrate the Sabbath. That is just the history of the Church.
My main concern is that people recognize it for what it is. Some people think that Sunday is the Sabbath, and my opinion is, that is the worse thing to believe. If someone decides to keep the Sabbath, they have to do it on Saturday, not Sunday. Like I said, Sunday, the Lord's day, is the anti-Sabbath.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

You can look at my profile in order to find out what my religious background is. It just so happens I had enough interest in the Sabbath to look up what was written about it in the canons of the Church. My personal opinion is that they did not go about the whole question of the Sabbath correctly.
Years ago, I studied under a man who was very respected in his own reigious movement. He had the ambition of proving the validity of the Sabbath, beyond a doubt. He was going to strike a blow for God's Holy Sabbath. He devoted a lot of his life to working on the project. His conclusion was that there is no evidence that it was carried on into the early Church.
You can read about it in the Book of Acts. Paul would enter into a city and find the local synagog. He would talk to the Jews on the Sabbath, then after sundown, the believers would stay until the Sun came up. It became a custom with the early Christians, to recognize the resurection of Christ on the morning of the first day.
My opinion of Sabbath keeping, coming from someone who was raised that way, is good luck with that. Have a good time, but do not get into the habit of judging others who do not do it the way you think it has to be done. Everyone thinks differently on how it should be correcty obseved.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ahhhh......the conspiracy is the cover-up of the truth about the sabbath and holy days by various "so-called" christian faiths such as the Roman Catholic Church.

There is no preaching here maddam.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is there any records of your Christ celebrating these holidays?

Only requirement he had was that "we" comemorate his death through memorial.

All these holidays aren't necessary and have pagan origins...
The verses also speak of those revelries as sinful.

Christ didn't even celebrate his birthday, yet you christians do (Most of you).
Its funny because he makes notice for "us" to comemmorate his death, but never his birthday?

And none of you are going to heaven according to the bible...
If you aren't virgin, you won't be in heavens.

"These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women; infact, they are virgins." Revelations 14:4

[edit on 7-1-2008 by ChronMan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join