It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should (YOU) Be Observing the Biblical Holydays?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Have a good time, but do not get into the habit of judging others who do not do it the way you think it has to be done. Everyone thinks differently on how it should be correcty obseved.

It is not "judging" to point out when something is wrong. That is simple observation. Judging is the Lord's job................

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan

"These are the ones that did not defile themselves with women; infact, they are virgins." Revelations 14:4

[edit on 7-1-2008 by ChronMan]

Read a little further and find the term "great multitude".............

The text you provide is speaking of warrior's from every tribe (12,000) to help and serve Jesus................

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Ahhhh......the conspiracy is the cover-up of the truth about the sabbath and holy days by various "so-called" christian faiths such as the Roman Catholic Church.

Yes among the preaching in your posts I see now what you may call a conspiracy, but tell please what religion within so many is the one of your choice as perfect as what you are preaching for.

Obviously you have found the perfect denomination of christianity, one that celebrate and worship the sabath, so I imagine that you my be a seventh day adventist.

Are you trying to win some souls? or just bringing yor message.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Seventh Day Adventists do not keep any of the festivals that are talked about in the Old Testament. They only keep the Sabbath because it is in the Ten Commandments. The official line is that the fourth commandment is the only one that explains who the God is that we are following. It makes the tie between the Creator and the creation.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Read a little further and find the term "great multitude".............

The text you provide is speaking of warrior's from every tribe (12,000) to help and serve Jesus................

Yea dude, 12,00 from each of the 12 tribes of Israeal will rule in the heavens with Christ. Hence 144,000... You, along with many other still aren't going to be in heaven according to that verse. They ARE virgins and IF you aren't virgin, you will NOT be in the heavens.

Show me where in the bible it says that you will be in the heavens, so I can have reference.

I'm not even a christian but I'm more aware of proper christian "conduct" that is in accordance to the bible, than majority of christians these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Yes you are rght, but I want the thread starter to tell his real motivation for this thread, obviously bashing the Catholic church is one of them, Seventh adventist tend to blame the Catholic Church for corruption.

As he stated here "so-called" christian faiths such as the Roman Catholic Church.

So if he thinks that the Catholic church and many others are just so called Christian faiths I will love to hear from him which one is the perfect Christian chruch.

The one that follow the bible holidays specially the Sabbath.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Yeah Christ did, but that is hardly the point. He was a Jew fulfilling the Jewish prophecies he had to, But by doing so removed the obligations required of them. And to sit there and say that is the wrong stance to take, pause and reflect on this. If we are obligated to follow the Jewish Holydays, then why do we not have to do all the other things the Levitical law lays out, you know things like not wearing blended cloth, stoning the adulturers just to name a few you can't have it both ways either it holds true completely and in its entirity or not at all.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The Catholic Church has no monopoly on bad religion and persecuting "heretics". As soon as the Protestant Church gained political power, they went right into the same sort of thing. Luckily it did not last quite as long as it did, previously. Every religion, once it becomes established, has numbers of "joiners" who want to turn it into some sort of cult. Kind of like Alice in Wonderland, two steps forward and one step back. Every time there is some advancement in religious understanding, there is a temporary reversal.
So, keep things positive. It is fine to go about telling people that you decided to do this or do that, but to tell someone that they are a follower of a corrupt religion is no way to win people over to your side.
Go ahead and feel free to tell me that I am wrong, if you like. That will not hurt my feelings. The Holy spirit will talk to people's souls, and will lead them to a better understanding. Like how to seperate Traditions from clear biblical teaching.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It just so happens that I am reading a blog by a guy who studied theology at a siminary run by the Worldwide Church of God. He left the church when he found out that the church kept their ministers from studying, or preaching on the book of Galations.
thefaithofjesus.blogspot.com...
I went ahead and looked it up in Wikipedia. Turns out that they believe in the festivals, as well as the Sabbath. Looks like, to me, a racket for getting double tithes on annual festivals. I do not want to knock this religion, but I want to make sure no one mixes these two religions up. This is not the Seventh Day Adventists. One has nothing to do with the other. They only share in that they both have roots in the Millerite movement.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Nice try, but NO............was raised 7th day, but they were lead astray. Too much Ellen G White..................too much lust for MONEY..........too much judging and finger pointing.............

Worship of the LORD is not a "religion" it is a way of life eternal.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't deal well with "shoulds" or any other mandatory rules. If anyone has a problem with that, they should take it up with my creator. He seems to thinks his designs are intelligent.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

The law is still the law, nothing has changed.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Interesting you should bring up the issue of Paul. I have been questioning "if" he was a true follower or a false one whose writtings were included in the bible by the catholic s...........

Pauls teaching do seem conflict with Jesus..................

[edit on 8-1-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Is it not interesting to note that he didn't say: "Whosoever therefore shall break one of those least commandments"

He said "these least commandments".

Do not let any man deceive you and turn you away from the words of Christ Himself!

Do take that advice.

[edit fixed word mixup]

[edit on 8-1-2008 by WiseSheep]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

The important part is this

"17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "

Matthew 5:17-19

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
II Corinthians 11:3
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the SIMPLICITY that is in Christ.

Why is it, Christians, fellow believers, are taking something so SIMPLE and transforming it into something complex?

As for saying you keep the Sabbath, as contained in the 10 commandments, BUT don't keep the Law of Moses, that is incorrect. They are not separate. They are one in the same. If you are keeping the Sabbath, you are placing yourslef under the Law.
Think of it this way, the Law of Moses is God's Thesis and the 10 Commandments are the OUTLINE of that long thesis. Each commandment is broken down in length as contained in the Law. You can boast that you keep the Sabbath but do not keep the Law. WRONG. And if you do keep the Sabbath, are you keeping it to the tee as contained in the Law? Not breaking one jot or tittle of it? That is the deceptive part of these preachers that say you must abstain from the Law but adhere to the 10 commandments. There is no way of doing that. They are one in the same.

Hebrews 4:3-11 speaks of a Sabbath that we, as believers in Christ MUST enter, but it has nothing to do with the actual DAY. It is entering into the finished work of Christ upon the cross and RESTING from any effort of ours in finding favor with God. Everyone who is trying to keep the Sabbath, trying to adhere to the Law is making the EXACT mistake Israel did in the desert. It is as if History is repeating itself right down to the core.

I close with this:Acts 15:10-11
10 Now therefore why TEMPT YE GOD, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples (Gentiles), which neither our fathers nor we(Israel) were able to bear? 11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Acts 15: 19-20:
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Bottom line is this, everyone under the Law of Moses in that time considered it a great burden (yoke) weighing them down in keeping the Law. They couldn't keep it and why we should think we can do better, is truly deceiving ourselves.

Why do you think Jesus made the statement?
Matthew 11:30:
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

So don't confuse the 10 commandments and the Law of Moses as being two separate things, they are one in the same and, as of to date, not one man has been able to adhere to any of it except Jesus, hence, that is why by faith in his finished work his righteousness is imputed to you and you are as if you are righteous, as if you had never sinned.

Hebrews 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

When you are IN Christ, you are free from the law and where there is no law, how can anything condemn you of sin? Hence: Romans 8:1
THERE IS THEREFORE NOW NO CONDEMNATION to them that are in Christ Jesus...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "

Yes, fulfill == plēroō. He didn't come to destroy the law, but to complete it.

The new covenant commandments are those spoken of.

Paul's aggravation with the Galatians were with those of the circumcision, in the flesh. They had begun in the spirit and appeared to then foolishly return to the flesh, thinking they were completing themselves that way. Keeping laws and feasts and everything else.

If a man trusts in his works for salvation/survival, he has none. He'll begin to lose what sight he had.

Jesus said to take his yoke upon you, not the yoke of bondage.

His little ones aren't to be brought into bondage, they are free in him.

Those who attempt this may find that millstones don't make good lifesavers.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Well you bring your own opinions in this thread of what the so call biblical holidays are, so then you most be a follower of moses law.

Are you forming you own new denomination of Christianity one based on biblical holidays following moses law and the old testament?

Is not conspiracy here just you pushing a new way of thinking based on your own interpretation of bible writings.

It's very easy for anybody to hand pick bible verses to make themselves look like bible scholars and that is what you are doing.

You prove nothing related to observing biblical holidays.

This thread is nothing but an opinion.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

reply to post by WiseSheep

You can understand that verse as, "I have come to fill the Law with meaning."
Also, you can accept Jesus as being the fulfilment of the Sabbath. Jesus is our Sabbath, our rest.
The law of Jesus is to love God with all your heart, and to love your neighbor as yourself.
You can always throw out all the writings of Paul, and end up with no religion at all, just a bunch of laws. We have died to the obligation of obeying the law. That does not require the law to be done away with.
My advice to you is to think about by what basis you are saved. It is not that hard to understand. We are included in the death of Jesus. Everything else is passed, time to move on and love others and not obsess on working out some life style based on things that will pass away, like the sun and the moon, and the earth itself.
Here is a link to something you can read on the subject.
thefaithofjesus.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to WiseSheep:
Messiah said He was Lord of the sabbath(mark2:28)the 10 commandments(exodus20)the 4th commandment is to keep the sabbath.
leviticus 23 tells us what are the holydays of G-D.
matthew 5:17 Messiah says He didnt come to do away with the law or the prophets but rather to fulfill them(make them more binding---leave us with no excuse for sin)
1 john 3:4 sin is the breaking of the law---the penalty for which is death forever unless repented of.romans6:1-23---the wages of sin is death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join