It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
this is nothing but pure blasphemy. I feel for your soul.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You don't exist, so don't worry about it

What are you worried about right now? Well, it’s an almost guarantee that you are worried about nothing, for the very reason that you don’t exist! You have no worries because you have no mind or body or life to worry with — it’s all an illusion. No worries, but more significantly, no worrier. If you think this sounds like utter nonsense, some of the most brilliant scientists, philosophers and theological thinkers of our century would disagree with you.Science and math suggest that we humans don’t exist, (even though there is really no math or science — more illusions!)The advent of quantum mechanics and modern physics increasingly imply that our existence as human beings is a kind of persistent illusion. We are under the false assumption that we’re people, we only imagine we have bodies and brains, and minds functioning inside those brains. Illusions, all of it.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Does it really bother you that much that people believe in a higher power, or as some athiests put it, a "Cloud Fairy"?

' They pose no threat to me, their lack of belief dooms only their souls'

'why do you "Supposed" Atheists always attack believers?
Just asking...'

Semper

You answered your question in your own sentence...
Why do you supposed atheists 'always' attack believers.

I've not attacked anyone, in fact see my link in the second reply, i've set up a thread, where people can try and answer a few questions for me.
Go answer my questions if you want to...

Also the fact that you believe my soul is doomed, is enough to think that you're wrong, I would not wish anyone's soul to be doomed, especially under a so called merciful god. As a believer, you have an atheist here, pointing out the hypocrisy.

Believe in us or be doomed. *sigh*

Next.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If you don't believe, then you really have nothing to worry about, right?

I mean, you could care less if your soul is doomed or not, right? You have to believe that there is a God, and believe that your soul is doomed in order for that to hold any wheight, right?

To take it one step further, you don't even have a soul, cause that would be religious, right? And that's not what you're about, so in any case, none of this really matters, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Since when do you need to be religious or believe in GOD to have a soul. I don't personally believe in a benevolent interventionist GOD. I think the idea is absurd. There's no evidence whatsoever to support such claims. That's not to say that I don't believe in GOD or something we are all a part of. I do, just not one that intervenes in human affairs.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looks like madness finally lost it. I saw this coming from a mile away. :shk:

[edit on 4-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Believe in us or be doomed. *sigh*

Who is "us"?

I can't ever remember saying anyone should ever believe in me.. That would be a BAD BET as I am nothing special...

Now if you are going to flame me and my beliefs, at least get it right...

I don't attack your belief in nothingness, your empty future, your terminal existence. Why attack my daily joy, lifelong contentment and eternal future with a loving God that only asks that I believe and seek forgiveness in order to live forever....

You have your empty future full of nothingness, I have my joyous future full of eternity. Can we not be OK for each other?

Semper

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Excuse me, but don't ever, ever say that your God, unless you post some serious proof, because if you was God you would have all the power in the world and you would be very wise. Your not that wise right now.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tati.12

Yet people say there's god without any proof at all and go around converting people?

I'm sure that it's wise that a powerful god up there is letting millions of people suffer.

How is the OP different from all those who try and convert people and clam there is a god?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by AncientVoid]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
" why try and prove that God is false "

Its because faith is an insecurtiy to them. They dont want God to be true, or else they would have to give up their lifestyles of selfishness.

I know if I wanted to deny God knowing the miracles ive seen and the deepness of creation, I would do so if I had a lifestyle that was against him.

Its like a spirit of not wanting to bow down.

Now I know I have tried my hardest to post some of the deepest things that God has tuaght me through grace, and its like the miracles fly over their heads, as well as the body parts, the deepness, the trinity on the body.

everything just zims over their head ( I dont know if zims is a word), but its like a force feild and something in their lives that causes them to not give God a chance.

You very rarely see an athiest who would give miracles a chance, or anything about God, because they dont keep their minds open because God has rules.

These rules are easy though, and thats what they dont know.

But oh well, madness is a soul of God and needs to be loved nontheless.

I cant wait till this wretched age is over of antichrist.

peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
And when I say selfsihnes, I dont mean that im free of it, I just mean that some people are selfish in the areas of sin, and this causes some to not want to be ruled by God.

The commands are very simple. They are baised on loving your neigbor as yourself, or for a perfectly peacful world.

the hardest one people have is (adultury)

Now, God just doesnt want people, sleezy fools, cheating on their wives and husbands and destroying their childrens and their lives.

Now masturbation is just another part of it, and its a form of sinning to a women or man thats not ours, and we lust in the heart for that person we are not binded to.

so I believe this command keeps the most people from God.

Its not like Gods saying.

" thou shall not play pool on friday "

" or watch a movie or football game "

God created the idea of (joy), not us. He created the sensation of a smile on our lips by making our lips point upward when we are happy.

Surely he did this for a reason right?

of course.

Bottom line is, is that he wants us to bee happy, but with rules, just rules, and he wants us to (ICLUDE) him in our lives.

We include homeboys, mothers, fathers, strangers, yet not God in our lives.

My Dad gave me commands or rules, and I feared him respecfully, and im gald he did it, and it has helped me from being homeless and I thank him for not trying to be my FREIND, but a FATHER.

you can figure the rest out.\

peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
" why try and prove that God is false "

That is a bit of a misleading . Lack of evidence and logic all point to the fact that there is no such thing as god. There is no need for militant Atheistsmn(SP?) either a person will work this out for themselves or they wont that is all there is to it.

Its because faith is an insecurtiy to them.

Faith is a belief system not backed up by any facts rather then any kind of insecurity. Faith based ideas are means of controlling the masses .

They dont want God to be true, or else they would have to give up their lifestyles of selfishness.

Translated that means I would rather live my life as I please rather then subscribe to a system of faith and be controlled with the rest of the masses.

I know if I wanted to deny God knowing the miracles ive seen and the deepness of creation, I would do so if I had a lifestyle that was against him.

Your entitled to believe what you just don't expect me to subscribe to any kind of faith based system.

Its like a spirit of not wanting to bow down.

A part of spirit of freedom is not wanting to fall under the control of someone or some organisation. No person of faith has refuted Madness logic instead I have seen posts like this one and a member reply to one of my posts with some quote about Jesus.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by xpert11]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Good greif, why do I try?

Xpert.

" In controlling the masses "

Thats false. first of all, we havent proved God? You havent disproved him.

We believe in (revieled) truth. And when you actually have faith you can see him work, like the girl in my signature has, as well as I, not including the incredible deepness of creation.

I (CHOOSE) xpert to love God and go to holy mass, not forced. When I grew up I thought communion was a pringle chip, I was a ruthless child, but not completely evil.

I converted from miracles, and I still need converting to do with myself.

But people choose to love God and believe, not being controlled. Nobody has a gun to their heads.

You love anybody?

We love God, by our choice, and I believe not only in Jesus miracles and God, ive seen them in my life, as well as millions of saints for 2000 years.

" spirit of freedoms "

Yea. ofcourse.

My dad gave me rules like I said. Yet he was (REAL) xpert, not a fable.

So If God does, why should I rebell against him and not my Dad?

And the rules my dad gave me are for my own good. Trust me, when you see my life in review, you will see how my dads strictness helped me be a real man combined with Gods grace.

So Im free. You see if you took God from me and billions of people, they wouldnt be free because they choose God.

So if you dont choose God and his simple rules, how do you say your free, when I choose the opposite by free will, so how am I controlled?

People choose what they will.

peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Instead of putting the guy down for making a blatent remark, let's entertain the notion.

I would suppose that madness, made this post, with an effort to 'suppose a fact', or instigate derogitory responses from posters.

Madness?

What was your intention/motif to create a thread that would enlist these remarks about you?

You can't stay silent. lolol Every once in awhile, (supposedly) distinct members of society (some-how merited) a remark from its creator.

What say YE Almighty MIMS?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I agree. I have done that myself on occasion.

But I would like to know Madness, is there room for other Gods?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

If Atheists truly do not believe, why spend so much time trying to convince others that God is not real?

Just my thought on this but i dont believe atheists would spend any more time trying to convince people there is no God than Christians would spend trying to convince people there is a God, and that their God is the correct one, not the hundreds of others that people around the world believe in.
How many Atheists do you see doorknocking trying to convince us that their belief is the correct belief. How many Atheists have television shows clogging up the air waves and asking members of the public to send them money so they can spread their beliefs (and buy a new mansion in the Bahama's).
Or do you just mean Atheists on this site, which from memory is a discussion forum.

mojo

(ps. you know i respect you semper, i just found that comment a bit over the top).

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Mojo, with some Christians - most I believe - there is the dogma of witnessing to people and spreading the word of God. It is a tool used by the church to spread the religion, IMO. Most Christians know in a round about way that it is expected that they spread the word of God, due to religious teaching. I am not saying this is the correct teaching, but it is the prevailing one, nonetheless.

So with that, atheists have no guiding reason to try to disprove God, other than maybe their own personal agenda/vendetta. This is why we question hows come atheist are so eager to disprove believers.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

The existence of god is disproved by the lack the evidence but you would rather rely on faith . I could claim that the Tooth Fairly was real and that it hasn't been dis proven. That would be as absurd as what you are claiming.

I love members of my family . You see being given rules from a parent is complete different you don't have to rely on faith to be raised by your parents. You cant rebel against something that doesn't exist but of course you will disagree.

You subscribe to set of beliefs that rely on faith and that can dictate your life or what you consider to be a sin and your telling me that there isnt any degree of control . Lol

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I guess so Ben, i just thought that comment paints us with a fairly broad brush, which is something Christians wouldnt appreciate i'm sure.

As an Atheist myself i certainly dont feel the need to try and disprove your beliefs but at the same time i do like to discuss religion and conspiracy's within it, it is an interesting topic.
What better way for me to have an understanding of religious beliefs than to ask those of you who do believe why you have reached that conclusion. Should we be isolated from discussing religion because we dont believe in God, that seems to be at odds with this sites creed which is to Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

You, my friend, sound just like a slave who has learnt to love his shackles.

What you say in your posts reveals an obsession with sin and guilt - the 'sin' being mostly sexual as far as I can see. Afraid of the power of your own desires, afraid of your own nature in fact, you have sought refuge in the 'truth' you call Jesus, just as a frightened little girl runs to hide her face in her mother's skirts. 'Safe in the arms of Jesus,' eh?

But mother is real, or was when you were little, while Jesus is two thousand years dead -- if he ever lived at all.

There are many whose substitute for courage is faith, and whose fear of their own flesh makes them try to sublimate their sexual feelings in relgious ones. That is why the metaphors and imagery of Christian liturgy (prayers, hymns, etc.) are so replete with images of parental and sexual love.

Two days ago I was obliged to attend a wedding at the local Assembly of God 'church' (it looks like a cross between a basketball stadium and a karaoke parlour). The ceremony was hypocritical and vulgar to the point of nausea, but I was diverted by the lyrics of the hymns, which were flashed up on a giant video screen that hung in the place where a cross would hang in a real church. I'm sorry to say I could not resist a stifled giggle when the following words rolled across that screen:

Precious Holy Spirit,
Enter me, move within me...

As Jung liked to say, you can push Nature out of the door with a pitchfork, but she'll still climb back in through the window.

Take your head out of your Saviour's bosom, my friend. Take a deep breath, tilt your chin up and face the world squarely. See it as it really is - a place neither good nor evil, but both and neither in equal measure. Yes, we walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death. And yes, we are all going to die. Get over it, and stop looking to an imaginary rod and staff (there they go again!) and an imaginary Hereafter for comfort.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Astyanax]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join