It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwanSword
Madnessinmysoul,

You have nothing to fear in coming to God, and nothing to lose, either.

um...i'm an atheist.

What you're doing is disturbing to normal people.

so is the revelation that 60-80% of household dust is human skin.

It's a cry for help, but no one is coming to help you, except me, and God.

a cry for help? it's a comedic argument.

In a few weeks, when you ask your nurse to place a drinking straw in the little hole they left for you to eat through, for the next nine months, mumble as loud as you are able for a Catholic Priest. I'm confident you'll see things differently then.

...what?
ok, that's quite possibly the most psychotic thing i've heard on ATS
and that's really saying something

If you receive The Sacraments, with a sincere heart, including penance, you will be healed.

sorry, but superstition doesn't heal, science does

The choice you have is whether or not you want to do this right away, or after you're in a body cast.

wow....
seriously
that's a really mean thing to say... and theologically unsound.
i mean, free will and whatnot. and that lack of interference thing...
an
how about this: if i'm not in and then out of a body cast in 9 months time, you owe me an apology and a slurpy.
deal?

now that you've added all of this, i must repeat something you've said:

It's a cry for help, but no one is coming to help you, except me, and God.

...are you going to come and help me with a baseball bat?

I'm going to pray for your deliverance, and I'm not going to stop until I find out you're a practicing Roman Catholic, even if I need to pray for the rest of my life.

ok, well... i was a practicing roman catholic, and i'm an apostate.
don't waste your time.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiodjguy
Ok your god? Listen man we gotta talk, seriously, like I really asked for your help a while back dude and you totally let me down man.

you've been praying to ME for help?
i'm sorry, i delegate prayer to joe pesci, pray to him

Seriously man like your bad at your job.

....i clearly stated that i'm incompetent. i can't even exercise my omnipotence!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Happy New Year God!

i'm sorry, i delegate prayer to joe pesci, pray to him

I heard that he was good at getting things done...well,he has 50% success rate.Y'think he could sought my neighbours out too?? lol.

So according to the fella who's reply has been removed,you would have to be in a life and death situation for the christian god to talk to you???
(well,not talk,but mock you in your afflicted state;how nice and loving.)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I don't believe in Atheists. Every "supposed" Atheist I have ever known has prayed to God when the mortar shells made the earth crumble around them.

i can't believe i missed this horrid slur against my fellow atheists who also happen to be in foxholes...
shame.
i know atheists in foxholes. i know people who have become atheists because of war (great time talking to some WW2 vets at the senior center i volunteered at for a while)

i don't believe in christians. like semp
he's not a christian. he's clearly disobeying jesus by being in the marines.

see? my example is just as ridiculously invalid as yours
actually, slightly less as jesus was a pacifist...
hmm.
wait, my example ends up being the valid one as yours is clearly based on nothing more than incidental evidence.

SO I have no proof that a true Atheist exists, yet I feel no uncontrollable desire to "squash" their unbelief. They pose no threat to me, their lack of belief dooms only their souls and their belief that we are simply animals is most times amusing. So why would I hassle them for that?

i don't know why you'd hassle people for a horrid myth that's been perpetuated.

In the same context, why do you "Supposed" Atheists always attack believers?

which believers have we attacked?
oh yes, questions are now considered "attacks"
so is criticism...

oh the world we live in.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

which believers have we attacked?
oh yes, questions are now considered "attacks"
so is criticism...

oh the world we live in

Hmph. Once again am forced to agree with Christians (see note). Ugh.

Especially considering you yourself will allow absolutely no argument against your views. I have dealt with you before, (remember?) so I know.
Madness.

I would consider such things as calling my belief system "a delusion" or having it over-the-top simplisticly put as "Imaginary Friendism/Sky Faeries/Magic Cupcakes/Spagetti Monsters" an attack.

I would also consider references to me as some sort of primitive, or a fool, or ignorant, or sheeple, or any number of phrases I have seen used as an attack.

I would even more take exception at the implied connection that my belief system somehow causes me to be violent and is D A N G E R O U S (to words used in this very thread). When if you look at every belief system or what-not there is an inherent danger, if you are so inclined to find it. I can find any number of problems with your own brand of intolerance.

I would also find exception in the fact that according to many of your particular group says "According to the evidence there is no god." and then proceeds to bash while never ever actually being able to produce cast iron evidence to support their statements (and insults both implied and actual) beyond information that is open to intreptation.

But of course this whole thing is a battle of two different egomaniacal groups (who want either to gain control [atheists] or keep control [Christianity] of the minds of the masses) that just find the way to that lovely abomination of a land called
"I know everything or have the means to know everything and your nothing but idiots.". And BOTH sides need to take a nice long objective look in the mirror.

***Please note*** I have my own views on Christians or any religious fanatics and they are mostly negative but it bugs me when fanatics claim they aren't as I percieve those of your particular club to be, based on your words. And trust me I have had to deal with the same Christian non-sense each of you have had to deal with.

And just tongue in cheekily:

sorry, but superstition doesn't heal, science does

Yes chant "science" five times a day to be healed my brotha!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Especially considering you yourself will allow absolutely no argument against your views. I have dealt with you before, (remember?) so I know.

Isn't that exactly what God and his followers do??

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

So.
Once again the "they did it first" argument.
Kinda childish dontcha think?

And you messed up there too.
You said a god existed to do such.
But just being silly back to point.

Ok, time to pull out a time honored response uttered by a great many mothers (I heard a few times myself) "Does two wrongs make a right?".
But down to the simple truth of it is, you totally give up any shred of a legitimate claim to any sort of moral high ground by turning around and doing whatever those people did to you. Lets not also forget the simple fact that you (like racists) are forgetting the fact that its individual based (no one group of people is exactly alike no matter how hard they might try and even then there will be those that don't) and not ALL the people of whatever group you feel like disliking for whatever reasons are like that and thusly at least a few don't deserve the attack.
Which basically means YOU become the epitome of the person who wronged you such, if not in the opposite direction.

Or if you want to use the extreme example of "they did it first" logic if someone killed your brother (or sibling or whatever you get what I am saying) it would then be alright for you to kill their sibling (or whatever) who has done nothing wrong to you (or possibly anyone) and may in fact be horrified at what their sibling (or whatever) had done.
Its all a stupid circle that we humans SO LOVE to follow again and again and again and again.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Once again the "they did it first" argument.
Kinda childish dontcha think?

Well,thats not what i was doing for,lol.

What i meant was that believers do the same thing as atheists,it doesn't matter to me who did it 1st.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Well the whole bloody thing is stupid. As would anyone with any understanding at all of psychology would tell you.
(knowing of and understanding are two completely different matters)
Attacking (mocking/name calling/etc) someone (based on beliefs in this case) only cause them (the opposing view point) to dig in. And the ideological conflict continues (and takes on a life of its own everyone forgetting originally what it was about) to grow til it reaches a boiling point, then humans being what we are, and when some particualarly greedy buggers within one camp sees there is material gain to be had and then convinces the more zealous that its perfectly ok to slaughter and take what they want from the other camp bloodshed insues.

It's a cycle.
It's stupid.
And its happend more times then I care to count.

If someone thinks they are right, to use a B5 quote
"The truth points to itself." eventually they will be proven right and all this bickering, name calling and bluster is simple ego related bs.

My advice to both sides is simple.
Sit back (not to mention shut up) secure in your belief that your right and allow the rest of the "savages" come around.
To do otherwise is to continue this crap of a cycle and showing nothing but your arse.
And if any decide to say "Well this was an inter-community [atheist] thread and they (and me) barged in.", I say that is a bs excuse and the OP knew what would happen or was new (neither of which is true). I myself am fairly new and I already know how these threads go and the inevitable bickering that insues, with both sides making threads for the secret purpose (I am sure) just to continue the silliness.
You can keep sticking fingers in each other's eyes, but guess what your both in the wrong then.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i hate to tell you but you guys got it ALL wrong. I'M actually god. but you won't believe me. why? cause i'm black.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I don't believe you...

But funnily enough there is a thread here that you may want to look at:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Enlighten me?

[edit on 14-1-2008 by TyrannyofAmerica]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I only have two questions:

Which God art thou?

...and why don't the atheists know which direction the Big Bang originated from?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I thought we are all god. Are we not all the same energy? Whats up with that?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Which God art thou?

the god madnessinmysoul
lord of awesomness
served by a swarm of invisible, impotent, french ninja-fish

...and why don't the atheists know which direction the Big Bang originated from?

it's a very complex question that you should direct to an astrophysicist who has researched such things
now, may i ask you why every atheist has to be an expert on all things scientific?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Silly humans. Don't ye know that ye are gods?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think you are full of it mad. Think about it. You say you are a athesis then claim to be God.

The truth is you just makeing a joke that is not really that funny. If you dont believe in God then you cant claim to be God.

Besides why claim God hood when you dont know nothing about God.

God is love. And he does'nt need to prove himself. He needs children to prove there worth to him. God does'nt need to show himself or Get on a chair and type.

At one time people knew who God was knew his power and knew what he could do. You know what happen. Mad?? satan happen and a 3rd of angels turn for his power and love. Knowing and have proof of God wont help you mad, it will only show you what you cant have or do. Knowing does not make you a true follower. Freedom of choice. Faith without knowing the truth.

Follow God mad with proof, have little faith and watch what God will do for you. Show him belief and he will open your eyes, more than your eyes now.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I think you are full of it mad.

if by "it" you mean internal organs, bodily fluids, and all those other things humans have contained within their bodies
yes, i am
i'll fix that once i figure out how to use those omnipotent powers of mine

Think about it. You say you are a athesis then claim to be God.

aye... but any deity is an atheist
does your god have faith?
your god is faithless, like myself and is thus an atheist

The truth is you just makeing a joke that is not really that funny.

it's not so much a joke as an argument

If you dont believe in God then you cant claim to be God.

...actually, yes you can.
i can't claim to be god is i believe in one

Besides why claim God hood when you dont know nothing about God.

i know enough about gods...

God is love.

god is love? is this the same deity that enacted several genocides as well as various other horrible atrocities

And he does'nt need to prove himself.

well, i clearly stated that i wouldn't be proving myself

He needs children to prove there worth to him. God does'nt need to show himself or Get on a chair and type.

same god that came to earth and preached doesn't need to show himself?

At one time people knew who God was knew his power and knew what he could do.

except for people in the western hemisphere...
actually, except for people outside of the fertile crescent...
so pretty much the whole damn world didn't know...

You know what happen. Mad??

well, considering that you're kind of wrong in the initial statement that "people" knew who god was...
no

satan happen and a 3rd of angels turn for his power and love.

if you want to believe one side's story on the issue...
satan was the one who gave humanity knowledge, so why is he such a bad guy?

Knowing and have proof of God wont help you mad, it will only show you what you cant have or do.

knowing will actually show me what's real.
i don't care if a god exists, so long as i have proof of that god, i would believe in it

Knowing does not make you a true follower. Freedom of choice. Faith without knowing the truth.

faith without knowing the truth... yet claiming to know the truth as you are now

Follow God mad with proof, have little faith and watch what God will do for you. Show him belief and he will open your eyes, more than your eyes now.

i tried that route and i got absolutely nothing out of it.

[edit on 1/19/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by Alxandro

Which God art thou?

the god madnessinmysoul
lord of awesomness
served by a swarm of invisible, impotent, french ninja-fish

You seem pretty arrogant for a god.:shk:

it's a very complex question that you should direct to an astrophysicist who has researched such things
now, may i ask you why every atheist has to be an expert on all things scientific?

Please Gawd, don't send me to hell, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stump ye.
Is the astrophysicist a Gawd as well?
He who lives by the sword of science should not ever so conveniently put his sword of science down whenever he knows not the answer to certain questions.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We're all God....

Anyone who tries to separate themselves from another, or from that which is God set a limit on their soul long ago. It's sad actually.

I'm God, He's God, She's God, we're all God....Wouldn't you like to be God too?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

from a Dr. Pepper commercial.

"He's a pepper, She's a pepper, would you like to be a pepper too?"

lolol sorry folks.

~Ducky~

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join