It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien in Mexico?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Mexicans indeed become aliens when they cross the US border.
Sorry could not help that

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcloud313
I don't think I could ever prove it being fake 100%.

Of course not. Rarely is anything, especially in this field, 100% verifiable. However, we can say with a great degree of certainty, based on the evidence available, that it is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Of course not. Rarely is anything, especially in this field, 100% verifiable. However, we can say with a great degree of certainty, based on the evidence available, that it is a hoax.

And what available evidence is that ? Would you care to provide this
"available evidence" that this is a hoax ? If you are 100% certain this
story is a hoax then give us your hard evidence once for all to be
analyzed. I don't think you will do that but I'll wait. Remember this:
Words mean nothing, evidence means everything. Not even your
common sense is definitive when dealing with ufos and aliens.

Then will you provide your available evidence ? So far this story has been
extensively discussed here before with a lot of updated informations good
enough to make a judgement based in evidences. Maybe doing a search
will be more than helpful to understand this case.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

analyzed. I don't think you will do that but I'll wait. Remember this:
Words mean nothing, evidence means everything. Not even your
common sense is definitive when dealing with ufos and aliens.

Then will you provide your available evidence ? So far this story has been
extensively discussed here before with a lot of updated informations good
enough to make a judgement based in evidences. Maybe doing a search
will be more than helpful to understand this case.

As posted earlier in this thread:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry blind believers, it's a fake :/

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"available evidence" that this is a hoax ?

I personally cannot disprove that this is a hoax. However, it's more than suspect that an alien hides behind a pole (!) and goes "boo!" on the unsuspecting soccer players, Haloween style. Sorry but that's too much.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

"available evidence" that this is a hoax ?

I personally cannot disprove that this is a hoax. However, it's more than suspect that an alien hides behind a pole (!) and goes "boo!" on the unsuspecting soccer players, Haloween style. Sorry but that's too much.

Sure and actually the whole idea of encounter an alien still make us very
skeptical because our common sense don't accept what is paranormal and
go beyond our knowledge. But this kind of incidents have been happening
all the time and we have a huge database of reports, some of them with
evidences and some with just testimonials.

If you are a serious researcher you have to ask yourself: Am I interested
in this phenomena ? Am I going to belive this is really happening after a
deep analysis of all the available evidence ? Do I have an open mind to
accept this challenge to my knowledge ? Then you may proceed to get into
the realm of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You just need to look at the context of how the video was shot to see it is all just one more Hoax, first why would anyone video 2 kids knocking a ball back and forth to each other in the Dark. Then it was very fortunate that the supposed alien was hidden behind a lamppost out of view .And lastly if an alien did step out of thin air the guy would have been out of there that fast he would have broken the 100 metre sprint ....

Ackers ....

[edit on 31-12-2007 by ackers46]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People do odd things, I don't have a hard time believing that the guy was recording his friend knocking around a soccer ball, maybe it was a new cell phone and he was trying it out? Who knows. Also I think that if there is radiation there natural or not, thats pretty damn coincidental.

I think people trying to prove this is a hoax are just grabbing at straws when you can't really prove this real or a hoax.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mcloud313,
I see that you are new here!
Could you tell us a little about yourself?

And why do you find UFO/Alien topics interesting?

Have you had some of your own sightings of UFOs?

And what about Aliens? Have every seen them?

Thanks and Happy New Year... btw!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Mcloud313...
I think people trying to prove this is a hoax are just grabbing at straws when you can't really prove this real or a hoax.

I am sorry if you think that Mr Mcloud313 but it is just my personal
opinion .. doesnt mean Im right or wrong ... just an opinion ..

Ackers....

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I've been worried about that for years.
one phobia among many.

reply to post by Mcloud313

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ackers46
You just need to look at the context of how the video was shot to see it is all just one more Hoax, first why would anyone video 2 kids knocking a ball back and forth to each other in the Dark. Then it was very fortunate that the supposed alien was hidden behind a lamppost out of view .And lastly if an alien did step out of thin air the guy would have been out of there that fast he would have broken the 100 metre sprint ....

Ackers ....

It's very simple. Jose Herrera has a brand new cellular phone. He bought
it the day before and he is excited recording all the time even foolish
things like any other kid playing with his new toy. That's why he was
recording his friends playing with the ball that night after they returned
from the concert in Merida.

If you are a kid ackers46 you most probably would do the same thing.

You said: How forunate the alien was hiding behind the lampost. This
was not established as a fact without a reasonable doubt, we can't say
that the alien was indeed "hiding" behind the post because we don't know
that. Was the alien hiding or just appeared when David Espada got close
to the post? It's up to interpretations while watching the video.

You said: Why the kid did'nt run the 100 meter sprint ? According to
David Espada he did'nt actually saw the alien at that moment because
he was looking at the ground while walking slowly. David said he felt
someone grabbed his arm but thought could be a gang member or a
delinquent trying to harm him. That's when he jumped and ran away
to his friends. At 2:00 AM at that sidewalk gang members are always
a risk.Once with his friends feeling somehow protected he asked Jose
Herrera not to cut the recording and focus the camera at the lampost.
David was hoping maybe an animal was there. But at that moment the
alien showed it's head again and they got in shock runing away from
that site.

As you can see after all they indeed ranaway maybe the 100 meter sprint
when they realized what was behind the lampost.

The three kids were interrogated several times together and separately
by the researchers and they sustained their story preserving all the details
every time. Subsequent interviews were made by more researchers
including a japanese research team, the kids still sustain their story
till this day.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Too blurry to see. But there was something there, but I doub that is someone in a suit, because the thing that he's standing behind is very thin. Unless the one who was behind that wood pole is very skinny, that's not a possibility.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I'm not really new, I've just decided to start posting rather than just reading. I find Alien/UFO topics so interesting because of a fear of them most of all I guess, but theres also excitement hand in hand with the fear.

No personal experiences of my own, and I'm not really interested in having any either.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
So, basically an alien made an intestellar travel in order to hide behind a pole, to try to abduct someone by grabbing him, to fail the attempt, and to go back to his planet after his mission has failed (notice the hi-tech devices used in order to abduct someone): and we have to believe it even after that all the witness (except the one who strangely changed idea after talking with Maussan) have already confessed that it was a prank made with a carnival mask, and if we don't want to believe this story because it's supported only by Maussan (the SHAME of the present ufology), we are grasping at straws?

ATS motto was, not much time ago, DENY IGNORANCE (by the way, what happened to it?). Do you really think that this story can be genuine? Well. But if you want that this story has at least one chance to be taken seriously, can you tell us where are the evidences this time? Ah, yes, Maussan's claiming, also is 100% genuine, no doubts about it. At the end, if we make some calculations, he lied only some thousands times to the world, why should we fear that he's lying this time too?

[edit on 1/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

analyzed. I don't think you will do that but I'll wait.

First, I would recommend going back and actually reading what I wrote, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to something that assaults your blind faith. I did not say that it was 100% certain this was a hoax.

To re-hash what has already been posted in this thread:

1) Jaime Maussen has been known to fall for hoaxes, time and time again. Even when something is exposed as a hoax, he refuses to acknowledge it. His judgement is shown to be lacking (see the photo of the galaxy he claims is an alien craft). Thus, due to his history, any claims he makes are highly suspect.

2) Videos on youtube demonstrate how easy it would have been to pull this stunt off.

3) The Hispanic UFO journal details how it was a hoax. Other paranormal investigative groups have independently determined it was a hoax.

4 and Most Important) There is nothing, not one iota of evidence, that this is an alien, other than the claim by Maussen, who we have already demonstrated as an unreliable source.

Thus, using the process of critical thinking, taking all these factors into account, we can say with a high degree of certainty that this video is a hoax. Instead of blindly believing it is an alien, just because someone said so (and yes, that is your only evidence -- that someone said it was an alien), exercise your critical thinking abilities.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

analyzed. I don't think you will do that but I'll wait.

First, I would recommend going back and actually reading what I wrote, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to something that assaults your blind faith. I did not say that it was 100% certain this was a hoax.

To re-hash what has already been posted in this thread:

3) The Hispanic UFO journal details how it was a hoax. Other paranormal investigative groups have independently determined it was a hoax.

At the present time, I personally think this video is fishy and I gave my reasons for that already in this thread.

But in any case, SaviorComplex, you are not presenting a fair and balanced report of the information about this video that you are debunking because you are leaving out information that does not click with your opinion -- something most skeptics do when attempting to "prove" that their opinion on things is the right one and whatever it is that they are debunking is a hoax. Continue reading this post to see why I am accusing you of deliberate exclusion of information that does not support YOUR OPINION.

As to this matter about what was posted on the Hispanic UFO Journal website, below is the link to that newspaper article that was posted on that site which is followed by another article that they posted also that in this case refutes the information in the first article.

64.233.167.104...:wLyXQPRXseoJ:www.eyepod.org/Hoax-video-alien.html+Daniel+Barquet&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

Here's that other article that presents a different story as to what was being said in that first article in that newspaper.

Maussan: "There's proof, I wasn't taken"
The Journal of Hispanic Ufology-January 18, 2006
Jose Alonso Herrera denies that he and his friend asked for money and accuse Carlos Trejo of slandering them.

According to a written instrument sent to MILENIO by Jaime Maussan, radioactivity was found at the site where three
youths recorded a seemingly non-human being on March 20, 2005 using a cell phone.

The text says that astronomer and physicist Jorge Guerrero stated that the discovery was astounding and
inexplicable, since there is no reason to justify the existence of radiation in Fraccionamiento del parque.

(ques.: SaviorComplex, have you contacted Dr. Jorge Guerero to confirm what he's saying about the radiation at that site?? Or are you saying that it's not true because in your OPINION, Massoun never tells the truth about anything. But you need to do your own research to back up your accusations SaviourComplex instead of relying on information from other Mexican UFO ufologists of whom many are very jealous of Massoun's fame and success where we are seeing that the same ones are always bad mouthing Massoun due to this jealousy. -- It's no different here in the US -- many ufologists are at war with others in their field where the ufologists who are the most well known are usually the target of such venom.)

Measurements taken with specialized equipment detected the presence of radiation not deemed hazardous, but
merely as "dark matter".

"I wonder it was me who was hoodwinked or you, dear friends of Milenio."

The text goes on: present at the site where the youths who participated in the video's recording, Jose Alonso
Herrera and David Espada.

Maussan points out that great expectations have emerged around the so-called Merida Alien. However, this has
allowed some like Jorge Moreno or Sergio Valdez Diaz of "Misterios de Merida" magazine to slam the researchers.
"According to Moreno and Valdez, the video is only a prank by a young man who donned a carnival mask, which
they state was admitted by not one buy all of the youth's participating in the event."

Maussan says that Valdez Diaz told Daniel Barquet, a reporter for MILENIO, that the youths had mocked Maussan
because they wanted to "get some dough" out of him and also because they wanted to pull the wool over his eyes.
In stating this fact, notes the journalist, neither Barquet nor Valdez exhibit a single shred of proof or authoritative
evidence (of this)

He goes on: Herrera and Espada state that Valdez Diaz's declarations are false, and accuse Moreno of having
offered money to minors to admit their part in the prank.

"The video reached me accidentally, after having circulated for months among teenage cell phones. I was never
asked for money, and I have never offered it."

Maussan says that the video has been analyzed by experts and that it has been established without a doubt that no
animation is involved, although they admit that it could be something else, either a prank or a legitimate video.

In the early hours of March 20, two young men from Yucatan, Jose Alonso Herrera and David Espadas, filmed
strange figures using a cell phone, a recording they later disseminated through e-mail. They were then contacted
by ufologist Jaime Maussan, who asked them for the film, to which they agreed, as he promised to investigate it.
However, a man named Carlos Trejo came to Merida a few days ago with the intention of discrediting Maussan and
the video fans.

The story given by Alonso Herrera, 17, is that he and his friends make daily recordings in different places, as would
any young men with a cell phone. "We shot several videos that day and nothing had happened," said Herrera, who
said over the phone: "Then suddenly this happened." In other words, the controversial images of alleged aliens --
as published by reporter Daniel Barquet in MILENIO yesterday -- hidden behind a street lamp.

-- Then it's not true that the images are fake, or that you were playing a prank, or that you asked for money?

No, not at all. on the contrary. We resorted to Maussan because we lack the mans, but Carlos Trejo is putting us in
a bad light. All of this is due to a problem between Trejo and Maussan.

The story of the alleged aliens also came from a local paper, according to Herrera, the author of the recording, who
is uncomfortable with the stories that are circulating. "They only publish accusations and that seems unfair to me,"
he insists. At no time are they referred to by name, but he and his friend feel attacked, "because they say that we
had a mask and we hid behind a street lamp."

Herrera says that at no time did they ask for money in exchange for the images. "The papers said that our sister
had a mask and who knows what else. But haven't made any statements. The problem is that the papers here made
them up on their own."

-- How did the video come [into Maussan's possession]?

We showed them to people here, and suddenly it was going from one cell phone to the next until a a chain was
formed. And they day that Maussan came to make his presentation here, I have no idea who told him about the
video. He came to see us and we told him about it...

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The three kids were interrogated several times together and separately
by the researchers and they sustained their story preserving all the details
every time.

Not according to some press reports, which suggest that the relevant kids admitted that this was a hoax. The full story is a bit more complicated...

I'll cut and paste below some details from my database of infamous UFO videos. (Internos - the relevant entry is at "Annex 06").

This video, captured using a mobile phone, supposedly features an alien hiding behind a lamp post. It was purportedly filmed on 20 March 2005 in Fraccionamiento del Parque in eastern Merida, Yucatan (one of the states of Mexico). The individuals within the video include Jose Alonso Herrera and David Espada.

Daniel Barquet, a reporter for “Milenio” (see milenio.com), wrote an article dated 17 January 2006 which reported that the video was a hoax. The article (helpfully translated into English by Scott Corrales of the Institute of Hispanic Ufology) is at:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

His article included the following:

“Authors of the ‘jape’ disclosed that they did it merely to ‘to mock’ [Mexican ufologist Jaime Maussan] and try to ‘get some dough’ out of him. The prank, which ‘even passed the analysis with special equipment’, was made with a mask that one of the participants purchased during last year's carnival in Yucatan's capital city.”

However, the sources of the relevant information are not clear from the face of the article. The relevant remarks in quotation marks are not attributed to any of the alleged hoaxers. Instead, the comments appear to have come from Sergio Valdez Diaz, a member of the “Centro de Investigacion de Fenomenos Paranormales” (also of "Misterios de Merida" magazine), who claimed that “all the youths involved were aware of the deception but decided to maintain it, partly because they hoped to obtain money through their hoax.".

The following day, a further article by Daniel Barquet for “Milenio”, included various comments attributed to Jaime Maussan and one of the youths in the video (Jose Alonso Herrera). Herrera denied that the video was a fake. He also said that at no time did they ask for money in exchange for the images. He commented “The papers said that our sister had a mask and who knows what else. But haven't made any statements. The problem is that the papers here made them up on their own.” This second article has also been translated into English by Scott Corrales, at:

A slightly bizarre email by Santiago Yturria (apparently based in part of the second “Milenio” article) states that “Sergio Valdez Diaz was accused along with Jorge Moreno of attempting to bribe some children from the neighborhood offering 1,000 pesos to the one that agreed to say that he was disguised as an alien the night of the incident” and that “Some researchers from Merida located one of these children and got his statement on tape as evidence in a formal denunciation of Sergio Valdez and Jorge Moreno for corruption of minors. They are expected to be arrested sometime this weekend”. [!!] See:

Santiagio Yturria has written a more detailed article about the video on the Rense.com website. That article contends that “Both David Espada and Jose Herrera are well known boys in their neighborhood and school. They are honest and incapable of inventing such a story or perpetrating a hoax.” He concludes that “This is certainly a unique case of a rare nature not common in Ufology...a bizarre and fascinating story with important elements and solid evidence. For this research team, the case represents a major challenge.” See:
www.rense.com...

Researcher Greg Boone has commented on the video on UFO Updates at:

Tracing the various articles back, there are many comments on a blog which (??first) put image on the Internet on 17 December 2005:
www.lacoctelera.com...

The video has since been discussed on numerous UFO forums (on many of those forums, links to the video has been posted on more than occasion).

For example, on abovetopsecret.com, relevant discussion threads include the following:

“Yet Another Mexico Vid”:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

“Alien Abduction caught on Camera Phone!!”:

“Alleged abduction caught with cell phone???”:

“alien abduction film hoaxed?”:

Discussions on alien-ufos.com:

“Bizarre Alien Encounter”
www.alien-ufos.com...

“Alien filmed on cell phone (Merida/Mexico)”
www.alien-ufos.com...

“Real alien caught on tape”
www.alien-ufos.com...

"What do you make of it?"
www.alien-ufos.com...

I'll embed the video below:

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 1-1-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Issakoi, (note: see my next post in this thread about that information that IssacKoi is presenting here which is exactly what I was requesting that SaviourComplex should do when presenting information on something he's hoping to debunk and this is to present the WHOLE story and not just the parts that support his opinion -- anyway, my comments below are incorrect because I did not take the time to read over all of that information in it.... of which there is a consderable amt. Sorry IssacKoi!)
You are doing exactly what Saviorcomplex is doing -- you are not presenting a fair and balanced presentation about this video and you are only posting that information on the internet that SUPPORTS YOUR VIEW.

And just like SaviorComplex, you didn't bother posting that information in that paper that refutes the information in that first article they published. Because neither you nor SaviorComplex have read over that second article which negates much of the information in the first article, I decided to post that article here in this thread just to make sure both of you read it.
Here's a link to my post that includes that article:

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
You are doing exactly what Saviorcomplex is doing -- you are not presenting a fair and balanced presentation about this video and you are only posting that information on the internet that SUPPORTS YOUR VIEW.

And just like SaviorComplex, you didn't bother posting that information in that paper that refutes the information in that first article they published.

Um, yes I did post information about the second article (and other related information)!

Please read my post.

I included the following:

The following day, a further article by Daniel Barquet for “Milenio”, included various comments attributed to Jaime Maussan and one of the youths in the video (Jose Alonso Herrera). Herrera denied that the video was a fake. He also said that at no time did they ask for money in exchange for the images. He commented “The papers said that our sister had a mask and who knows what else. But haven't made any statements. The problem is that the papers here made them up on their own.” This second article has also been translated into English by Scott Corrales, at:

I think your criticism is misplaced.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join