It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien in Mexico?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Alright, I guarantee that this has probably been discussed thousands of times here, but I was just wondering what the final judgement was on this video, I remember seeing it months ago and it had me a little scared, would give me a warm fuzzy feeling to know how it was debunked thanks.

Video Link

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This was the first time I heard about it, but I can't remember how this ended.

But obviously nobody could prove anything based on that video.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There has been plenty of debate in Mexico and elsewhere about this polemic video, so far there is no final resolution...many are for it and many against it...like always

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks Armap,
Sounds like the kids made it fake in order to try and make money. They used a mask and the arm was a visual effect, I still wonder how the kids did the visual effect though, they look kind of young, and I wonder why it wasn't immediately spotted as a hoax when analyzed with special equipment.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've seen this video before and i think its fake, because obviously they used a mask and just act like they were scared.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tati.12

I sure hope its fake, if not I have to be worried about every corner I turn that a cold clamy four fingered hand is going to get friendly with me. I don't really like to think thoughts like that.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This was discused and presented by jaime maussan at the 2006 international UFO conference and has caused somewhat of a bigger mystery than first thought,

If my memory serves me right at the spot the creature was seen some kind of gravity well has opened and the area is flooding radiation, there is even an open invitation to any scientist to come and measure the radiation for themselves, the radiation is apparently confined to a 4ft by 3ft area of nothing in mid

Here is the link to the maussan presentation and believe me it is a very good presentation.

video.google.co.uk...

I love this mans work..

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Wow thanks for the information, I thought completely opposite of Mr. Maussan, because it sounds like the story was made as a hoax all for his benefit. I haden't heard of the radiation, another odd characteristic to this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The Journal of Hispanic ufology-January 18, 2006
** Alleged evidence presented is a prank confected by minors**

by Daniel Barquet - Mérida

They mocked Jaime Maussan in Mérida, Yucatan, and alleged aliens disclosed it was all a prank.

Last week, the ufologist presented evidence of alien life in Mérida, which circulated over the Internet and show an alleged alien concealed behind a light post.

Authors of the "jape" disclosed that they did it merely to "to mock" Maussan and try to "get some dough" out of him. The prank, which "even passed the analysis with special equipment", was made with a mask that one of the participants purchased during last year's carnival in Yucatan's capital city. The alien evidence was broadcast by Televisa during the last episode of the Otro Rollo program, hosted by Adal Ramones.
After the end of this program, the prank made with a supermarket mask became, for some ufologists "further proof" that aliens are on Earth and that one of them appeared in Fraccionamiento del Parque in eastern Merida.

The recording, presented by Maussan as a world exclusive, is of poor quality and was made with cell phone. The pranksters claim that they made it "in order to make a good amount of money from the sale of that material", but are now afraid and undecided about disclosing the truth or maintaining the hoax.

"The events are fake. There is no such alien," said Sergio Valdez Diaz, member of the Centro de Investigacion de Fenomenos Paranormales, a group dedicated to studying such events.

Two re-enactments have already been made in Merida using camcorders and cell phones similar to the one employed in making the recording, yielding elements that dismiss [its credibility].

"We engaged in this event shortly after the events, before Maussan came to listen to their story. It's not true that alien vanished behind the lightpost, since it is large enough for a young man to conceal himself. The alleged entity's long arm, which touches the young man, is a visual effect. It was said that contact took place when the boy went to fetch the ball, but the ball was on the left and the post was on the right," stated Valdez Diaz, who met with the authors of the prank, all minors.

Accordng to Valdez Diaz, "all of the youths involved were aware of the deception but decided to maintain it, partly because they hoped to obtain money through their hoax."

"Now this teenager is frightened by the scope of the events and by the visits from people wanting to interview him. He no longer wants to speak with anyone. His companions did not tell the truth because, as they said, they hoped that Maussan would pay them a good amount of money for the recording and could "have a good laugh" at his expense," he concluded.

More infos:
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.grupoelron.org...
www.analuisacid.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I love it when Internos weighs in, always quality information, thanks!

I've also recently added a report on this case to the Compilation: Evidence for EBEs Thread. It is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are several other threads listed there for your research that discuss this case.

Would it be possible for any Mod to edit that entry in order to add a link to this thread? There is a section at the bottom of the entry, ATS Thread(s) Pertaining to Evidence, where a link here should be listed, so that anyone finding this case through that thread will have your arguments to review as well.

Thanks!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I am surprised and saddened that you chose only to include the first part of the story,

the full story can be read www.eyepod.org... read right to the bottom,

It was well publizised that the journalist involved had paid the boys money to say they had faked it, when the true story came out the journalist it seemed had spent quite some time trying to discredit mr maussan, the journalist and newspaper issued a public apology on their front page thats how big it was in mexico,

the video was investigated and no evidence found to believe it was a fake, also there was and still is as far as i know radiation in a small area above ground radiation that is impossible to be there ( check out the 2006 ufo presentation by mr maussan for details and invitation)

this has become one of the clearest cases of alien activity in the world simply because evidence has been left that can not be explained, and has an open invitation to prove otherwise.

all in all a very interesting case IMO

[edit on 30/12/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
reply to post by internos

I am surprised and saddened that you chose only to include the first part of the story,

the full story can be read www.eyepod.org... read right to the bottom,

It was well publizised that the journalist involved had paid the boys money to say they had faked it, when the true story came out the journalist it seemed had spent quite some time trying to discredit mr maussan, the journalist and newspaper issued a public apology on their front page thats how big it was in mexico,

the video was investigated and no evidence found to believe it was a fake, also there was and still is as far as i know radiation in a small area above ground radiation that is impossible to be there ( check out the 2006 ufo presentation by mr maussan for details and invitation)

this has become one of the clearest cases of alien activity in the world simply because evidence has been left that can not be explained, and has an open invitation to prove otherwise.

all in all a very interesting case IMO

[edit on 30/12/2007 by azzllin]

You are right: i've chosen to post nothing related to mister Maussan because he's a confirmed supporter for hoaxes, and he will NEVER receive a single line of quote from me.
The fact that it was a prank came out AFTER the presentation: but it doesn't matter, at last.
Since i like to take SERIOUSLY this stuff, i cannot take HIM seriously:
i humbly suggest to read something about him, and about CONFIRMED hoaxes that he promoted even AFTER knowing that they were hoaxes. People like him are the LAST contributors that we need, IMHO.

Some Maussan's claims and facts:

CLAIM: Maussan claims the photo below was the best photo ever taken of a giant UFO in space.

FACT: The photo appearing in the October 6, 1997 issue of "Contacto Ovni Magazine" is actually that of a galaxy forming, not a UFO.

CLAIM: Maussan claims 'Dr.Reed' UFO case is real and scientific evidence supports it. Maussan claims his alleged intelligence contacts within the military warned him that the case is real and very dangerous. Maussan takes 'Dr.Reed' on a national speaking tour of Mexico and creates a media campaign to promote the case. These speaking engagements sell out at many locations.

FACT: 'Dr.Reed' and his entire case have been exposed as a fraud. Maussan is challenged to produce his alleged scientific evidence and fails. Maussan and associates claim to have thoroughly investigated 'Dr.Reed' and to have established his claims, evidence, and witnesses. Claims of an alleged alien device being of extraterrestrial origin are never proven in spite of Maussan claiming the bunk device utilized advanced nano-technology. Not a grain of proof is ever forthcoming from Maussan to back any of his claims.

CLAIM: Was saying that UFO video shot from a helicopter in New York City was real and had been analyzed.

FACT: Video was a hoax produced by the Sci-Fi Channel.

CLAIM: Publicly stated it had been confirmed that the comet Hale-Bopp was bringing giant motherships to evacuate the planet.

FACT: No mother ships, planet still here along with population. Hale-Bopp UFO hoax exposed as a fraud by Jeff Rense.

CLAIM: Maussan said he had radar tapes confimrming presence of UFOs in Mexico's airspace.

FACT: To date, no such evidence has been brought forward.

CLAIM: Maussan claims that he investigated a case where an airliner collided with a UFO in Mexico. Also claimed that "tons" of evidence and documents supported the case.

FACT: No evidence was ever produced.

CLAIM: Promoted alleged alien photo as being real and impossible to replicate.

FACT: Photo was easily replicated. Maussan, in spite of being told it was fake prior to the story running at Rense.com, insisted the photo was genuine even after being told it was a fake.

CLAIM: Maussan said there were gigantic UFO motherships orbiting the planet disguised as stars.

FACT: When asked for proof, Maussan exclaimed that was why the stars in the night sky moved - because they were UFOs!

JAIME MAUSSAN: DAMAGING SERIOUS UFOLOGY ONE HOAX AT A TIME
www.ufowatchdog.com...

No, Maussan should be BANNED from every serious media, if you ask me.
I fully respect your opinion, but i don't respect him since he never respected people who, like me, loves to take this stuff seriously instead of try to make money from every single piece of garbage, as he did so far.
But of course, everyone is free to believe his claims: i personally will NEVER quote him because his claims have value ZERO.
And by the way: did he provide some EVIDENCE this time?
Oh, i almost forgive it:
what about the flying horse? C'mon....

AEROMEXICO'S AIRPLANE COLLIDED WITH A UFO BEFORE LANDING IN 1994!
TRUE OR FALSE? FALSE! THIS CASE IS A HOAX.
www.alcione.org...

Latest ET Photo Hoax Exposed
www.rense.com...

Maussan hoax? And HOWE!!! (AKA flying horse)
uforeflections.blogspot.com...

OdyessyLink -- True Story or Hoax? It's a HOAX!!!
www.charpy.com...

Investigative Journalist or willing believer?
members.aol.com...

[edit on 30/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
But even if this gentlemen is a proven Hoaxer, he wasn't the one that originally came up with this story, he was just asked to represent these boys because he was seen as some form of expert in the field or something which I don't agree with as well.

So even if Mr. Maussan's has a bad reputation, how is the radiation explained if its real at all? Beyond the radiation I'm fully ready to believe this a hoax, thats the only thing that I can't get my head around.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Seen this "rehash" of it?

www.youtube.com...

Im saying fake...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Now, the radiations, (if really have been detected), first of all may be present in a natural form, but this depends by what's the composition of the terrain: at less than hundred feet from my house has been detected a low radioactivity level, which after some investigations turned out to be "natural emission" of "minerals" (by the way, did they make measurements in ALL the area or just that area? what's the composition of the terrain there? What's the actual radioactivity level which has been found? Can the natural explanation be ruled out? If yes, by WHO? Who made the analysis? Is there some official source which can confirm it or as ALWAYS we MUST believe what Maussan claims regardless the lack of evidences? And even if it has been proven the radioactivity, WHAT does it prove? etcetera): i would like to add that i'd be still open-minded about this specific case, and is SAD to say the least that it has been handled by such a "researcher" because this means that the truth has been dramatically manipulated.
Now the problems are:
the kid, victim of an attempt of kidnapping, instead of go to the police kept the video and shared it with the other kids: someone else called Maussan, and the story of the alien, strangely, began AFTER the contact between
Maussan and the kids: keep in mind that while one of the two kids claims that it really happened, the other one, after revealing that it was a prank, doesn't want to talk again about what happened: the guy who "changed idea" did so after a meeting with Maussan: by the way, when Maussan went there to make the Special about it, the two kids were not aware that he was going there: someone else called Maussan. The kids revealed that it was a prank after being aware of the clamor about the facts. And all the othe kids of the group CONFIRMED that it was a prank. Since the moment that it has been handled by Maussan, the story lost its reliability, regardless what really happened. Now, why should we think that the kids have been payed in order to claim that it was a prank instead of being payed to claim that it has really happened, once a supporter of the hoaxes handled the story? What i mean is that people like him should be kept away from the stories of this type, because we don't need further evidence to state that he IS a person who sales stories in order to make money, no matter if they are faked or real.
And by the way, WHY should the kids to state that it was a prank? Just curious... For money? Given by WHO? Maussan, as ALWAYS, made a BUSINESS from the story, the journalist published an article for a newspaper by which he was/is payed regardless what he wrote/writes. And besides, Valdez Diaz, a researcher on the paranormal studies, investigated by himselfs and reached the same conclusion. We have two different versions of the story: one comes from a LIAR, the other one comes from all thge other kids involved in it, from a journalist and other researchers: who should we believe?

Since last time i quoted partially an article it has been a problem, i hope that it will be left this quote:

They mocked Jaime Maussan in Mérida, Yucatan, and alleged aliens disclosed it was all a prank.
Last week, the ufologist presented evidence of alien life in Mérida, which circulated over the Internet and show an alleged alien concealed behind a light post.

Authors of the "jape" disclosed that they did it merely to "to mock" Maussan and try to "get some dough" out of him. The prank, which "even passed the analysis with special equipment", was made with a mask that one of the participants purchased during last year's carnival in Yucatan's capital city. The alien evidence was broadcast by Televisa during the last episode of the Otro Rollo program, hosted by Adal Ramones.
After the end of this program, the prank made with a supermarket mask became, for some ufologists "further proof" that aliens are on Earth and that one of them appeared in Fraccionamiento del Parque in eastern Merida.
The recording, presented by Maussan as a world exclusive, is of poor quality and was made with cell phone. The pranksters claim that they made it "in order to make a good amount of money from the sale of that material", but are now afraid and undecided about disclosing the truth or maintaining the hoax.

"The events are fake. There is no such alien," said Sergio Valdez Diaz, member of the Centro de Investigacion de Fenomenos Paranormales, a group dedicated to studying such events.

Two re-enactments have already been made in Merida using camcorders and cell phones similar to the one employed in making the recording, yielding elements that dismiss [its credibility].
"We engaged in this event shortly after the events, before Maussan came to listen to their story. It's not true that alien vanished behind the lightpost, since it is large enough for a young man to conceal himself. The alleged entity's long arm, which touches the young man, is a visual effect. It was said that contact took place when the boy went to fetch the ball, but the ball was on the left and the post was on the right," stated Valdez Diaz, who met with the authors of the prank, all minors.
According to Valdez Diaz, "all of the youths involved were aware of the deception but decided to maintain it, partly because they hoped to obtain money through their hoax."

"Now this teenager is frightened by the scope of the events and by the visits from people wanting to interview him. He no longer wants to speak with anyone. His companions did not tell the truth because, as they said, they hoped that Maussan would pay them a good amount of money for the recording and could "have a good laugh" at his expense," he concluded.

So how can we keep on believing that this story is real, frankly?

See the list above about his claims: did you know that Maussan still claims that every single one of those PROVEN hoaxex is GENUINE?

He never surrenders when he lies, even whe he faces EVIDENCES (maybe because he doesn't know the meaning of the term "evidence")

Here we have the witnesses that are the author of the video and ALL the other kids who were there at the moment.

Do you want to believe this story? Well, you're free of course, but please, don't be disappointed when you notice that the ufology is not being taken seriously: you already know at least ONE valid reason.

[edit on 31/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcloud313
So even if Mr. Maussan's has a bad reputation, how is the radiation explained if its real at all? Beyond the radiation I'm fully ready to believe this a hoax, thats the only thing that I can't get my head around.

There really is nothing for you to get your head around. The only source for the claim there is radiation is from Maussan. While he may not be a hoaxer himself, he has demonstrated a habit of being taken in by hoaxers, blindly believing anything anyone tells him is a UFO or alien. Thus, everything he says is suspect, including claims of a radiation.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It seems pretty obvious the kid closest to the camera 'deliberately' kicks the ball past his friend and over to the post.

If they were out there seriously trying to get some good footage of soccer juggling( which they couldnt get more than like 2 or three touches anyway so they don't even play soccer imo), he wouldn't have done that if they were seriously out there as we are lead to believe.

Totally set-up in my oponion.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Im glad I could get some good information to help me figure out this video, because it was disturbing me for the longest time, thanks for all the information everyone. I'm not going to say for sure its fake, but im heavily leaning towards it being fake right now.

I don't think I could ever prove it being fake 100%.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Mcloud313]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
this is not real

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, I was reading over some of the posts in another thread on this video where one member mentioned that his Mexican girlfriend thought it was fake because the boy who was recording everything with his cell phone didn't even jolt when his friend, who went to retrieve the ball, screamed bloody murder at something that was near where the ball was.

That the cellphone kid just kept recording speaks volumes for this one being a hoax because just think about it -- what if it was you with the cellphone cam and your friend screamed like that? If it was me, I most likely would end up dropping my phone and running for my dear life -- forget the movie because for all I know, it could have been someone holding a gun or axe ready to chase after everyone with it... it could have been a lot of things.

So common sense says that the whole thing was a set-up. This to me is very clear.

As for Mausoun being a fake... well, I side with Springer's belief that a good number of ufologists out there are misrepresenting things as anomalous just to make a fast buck off of it. It seems like this would include anyone who writes books on these topics or have radio or tv shows... none of them can be trusted. We here in this forum already know this.

The bottom line is, we need to each conduct our own analysis on whatever cases and information they present to the public due to this biasness and hard core greed on their part.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join