It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry and Compartmentalized Secrecy - Not So Easy To Dismiss

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

the Ancient and Honorable Order of the Yellow Dog, and the Turtle degree.

Good word. Are you able to tell us more about "The Ancient and Honourable Order of the Yellow Dog," Masonic Light, or were you just jesting with us mere Peasants?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absurd

the Ancient and Honorable Order of the Yellow Dog, and the Turtle degree.

Good word. Are you able to tell us more about "The Ancient and Honourable Order of the Yellow Dog," Masonic Light, or were you just jesting with us mere Peasants?

lol, no, it's a real degree. Many of these "side degrees" like the Yellow Dog and the Turtle degrees were instituted for fun, and are sometimes conferred after Lodge business meetings. The Yellow Dog degree is conferred by a "Kennel", and the presiding officer is called the "Kennel Master". The lecture of the degree is serious, but the ritual itself is hilarious.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

lol, no, it's a real degree. Many of these "side degrees" like the Yellow Dog and the Turtle degrees were instituted for fun, and are sometimes conferred after Lodge business meetings. The Yellow Dog degree is conferred by a "Kennel", and the presiding officer is called the "Kennel Master". The lecture of the degree is serious, but the ritual itself is hilarious.

ML,

Don't forget The Sword of Bunker Hill

I don't necessarily know if I'd call it's ritual hilarious or not, but it would darn-sure shock some of the anti's who think we're plotting to take over the world, if they were to see how some of our Brother Masons behave during that "degree"

I did enjoy it, though, and like you said of the Yellow Dog, the lecture is serious.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
An observation, if I may.

Much of the discussion about hierarchies in freemasonry seem to revolve around numbered degrees, and more particularly the degrees of the Scottish Rite/A&A/Rose Croix.

Whilst I don't think anyone would necessarily disagree that a higher degree in the Scottish Rite is "superior" to a lower degree in the Scottish Rite, what about the other degrees?

NWO - what is your view on other side orders that do not have numbered degrees? Would you say that the Royal Arch Degree (in the York Rite in the US) is higher or lower than the 33rd? In England the Royal Arch is known as the "Supreme Degree".

The Mark Masonry degrees typically are taken after the 3rd, but chronologically fall after the 2nd and before the 3rd. Where would you place Mark Man and Mark Master in relation to the Royal Arch, or the 33rd, or perhaps Knights Templar?

Someone can become a Grand Master and literally Rule freemasonry within his fiefdom without ever joining Rose Croix/Scottish Rite.

To be fooled by the numbers of a particular side order, to take just one side order and ignore all the others, to not appreciate that the structure of freemasonry varies all around the world, and to lecture freemasons of many years standing on the structure of their own organization is IMO a wee bit premature.

But that's just me

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It sounds it, Masonic Light, it sounds it. Thank you for the elaboration. I'm still uncertain as to whether you are pulling my shin, but you seem genuine to me so I'll take your word for it, Sir.

A good day to you all, strange fellows.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absurd

It sounds it, Masonic Light, it sounds it. Thank you for the elaboration. I'm still uncertain as to whether you are pulling my shin, but you seem genuine to me so I'll take your word for it, Sir.

lol, no, it's really "authentic", at least in the sense that it's a real degree, and after being initiated, the new guy gets a Yellow Dog membership card. It is not, of course, an ancient degree of Freemasonry, but just something fun a few brothers came up with 50 or so years ago.

For Senrak: I don't hold the Bunker Hill degree, and I'm not sure I want to!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Many of these degrees I have never heard of, but I do know there are numerous degrees out there..

So I have a question to ML, Trinity and other senior Masons .. Where or how exactly do you find these degrees? Just travel around to various lodges?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Most of those side degrees can be found in the invitational York Rite bodies, such as A.M.D., Knight Masons, etc. They range from the sublime (Order of the Secret Monitor, Royal Ark Mariner) to the absurd (Ye Antient Order of Corks, Order of Yellow Dogs, Order of Pink Pigeons).

The Turtle degree is sometimes conferred by A.M.D. Councils, but is normally reserved for the Shrine. The Shrine also has the infamous Hillbilly degrees in some Oases.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just wanted to say something, that hopefully makes anti-masons realize something.

I have read subjects about mason for quite some time. Not regularly, but at times I start my browser and soon enough, I stumble upon conspiracy theories.

What I have to say is that I'm so sick of stupid logical fallacies, immoral rationalization, accusations and all kinds of ways people desperately try to convince themselves that there actually is a conspiracy, that I don't even want to read anymore.

Because there really is no actual evidence, if something someday comes up, I'm not going to read it. This is because of you anti-masons who just cannot figure out what logic means, how it is used nor do you bother to read philosophy enough to understand, and scientific method is just too much to ask.

Formal answers by masons have never given me much insight into their doings, but messages on forums from people who say are members have helped to clear out a lot. Thanks for all masons who wanted to share these little windows to your society, those have helped a lot in forming an opinion about you. That opinion is positive and doesn't include a conspiracy theory.

Obviously there are people in groups who are more influential than others, but that doesn't create a conspiracy either.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Masonic Light

So I have a question to ML, Trinity and other senior Masons .. Where or how exactly do you find these degrees? Just travel around to various lodges?

A quick visit to internet.lodge.org.uk... will show you degrees available in England and which body administrates it.

In the US you are used to three main masonic bodies - Blue, Scottish and York. In England there are probably a dozen or so, each with it's own set of regalia, constitutions and organization. Some (presumably unmarried or soon to become so) brothers spend up to 4 nights a week out at various different masonic meetings.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Some (presumably unmarried or soon to become so) brothers spend up to 4 nights a week out at various different masonic meetings.

Sure it isn't the one's who're retired and otherwise underfoot of wife. Trinityman?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Just keep stifling discussion - don't worry, nobody believes Masonry is important or has anything to do with real society. You're just a club.

We are not stifling the discussion, we are participating in it. Just because we dont answer the way you want us to does not mean we are suppressing anything. You choose to believe what you want in spite of those who know and have first hand experience telling you otherwise, you see something that is not there.

Not to be insulting but that is borderline ignorance. Instead of denying ignorance you are fertilizing it

[edit on 5-1-2008 by RWPBR]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

Originally posted by spirit7
BTW, my hero is Jesus Christ. He's actually the Original Superman.

My hero is Batman- he doesn't judge anyone while doing good deeds. He just kicks butt using awesome weapons and gadgets.

In fact, I often ask myself WWBWD??

[edit on 30-12-2007 by corsig]

That makes two of us Cory!!
I even have a Batman tattoo!
I knew I liked you brother!
hahahaha

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Sure it isn't the one's who're retired and otherwise underfoot of wife. Trinityman?

I might be at the mercy of SWMBO from time to time, but regretfully I am some considerable way off avoiding rush hour traffic. In fact due to the quite enormous "pleasure" of having to slave for the Corporate Machine my masonic attendance has been quite shocking of late. Living over 4000 miles from the Masonic Hall doesn't help either

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ahem...if I may...

For those of you who have actual questions, please refer to this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is specifically for the whole question/answer dynamic that brought me to ATS in the first place.
But I must warn you all that when you do post there, be civil.
It is a rule that I strictly enforce (but shouldn't have to in the first place because we're all supposed to be adults).

Oh, and to my other brothers whom I have not had the pleasure of talking with (Senrak, lightindarkness) please feel free to drop by or u2u me.
I'd like to get to know you all better.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

and since you like the little emoticons so much, here's my favorite:

Oh yeah?!?
Well, here's mine:

hahahahahahaha
*sigh*...I'm such a smarta$$.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung

Originally posted by corsig

Originally posted by spirit7
BTW, my hero is Jesus Christ. He's actually the Original Superman.

My hero is Batman- he doesn't judge anyone while doing good deeds. He just kicks butt using awesome weapons and gadgets.

In fact, I often ask myself WWBWD??

[edit on 30-12-2007 by corsig]

That makes two of us Cory!!
I even have a Batman tattoo!
I knew I liked you brother!
hahahaha

So do I- LOL

I have the Yellow Oval with the black bat symbol on my right shoulder. I got it for my 30th birthday

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by corsig

I have the Azrael-style bat symbol (from issue #500) on my upper right arm.
It was my present to myself for my 18th birthday (waaaayyy back in the day).

That's awesome that you have one too.

So, I guess Masonry is compartmentalized after all.
It's divided into Batman fans, and...other.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good grief. Look how you've turned this thread into yet another Masonic chat room

Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Goodness, look at how your post turns this thread into yet another Anti-Mason rambling session.
I know it makes you mad, the thought that sometimes...there is no conspiracy. I know it must hurt. But that's life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join