It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the whole world invade the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As far as collapse I don't put much stock in any attacks from the outside for reasons already mentioned here (and the fact that we are the most armed society in the entire world). Economic or technological will be the route of our collapse I believe; its far easier to wage a money war from afar or take down the grids that support a country than it is to risk lives and spend the money to wage a war against one of the largest stockpiles of nuclear weapons. It would be more devastating for Americans to wake up and find that banks don't work, utilities grids are down, and communications are a joke because someone is running rampant through phone company networks. We got over strikes against us many times, but a complete collapse of what we consider to be our world would be far more devastating and a much more cost efficient means to bring it all crashing down.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Without nukes...

I believe the US would be crushed and torn asunder, but I agree with some of the above posters, we kinda like our crazy cousins and wouldn't wish that to happen...

Although we could get rid of junk food, hawain-shirt wearing - obnoxious tourists, Britney Spears and Tom cruise in one fell swoop.... and those kids that talk like 'like oh my god, like you know, erm, ya like you know... whatever'...

Hmm...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The world IS invading the U.S .....

Via MEXICO!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I was wondering about these top secret military places we have. Are they 50 years ahead of the technology we have? If so, I'm wondering what it would take to bring this arsenal out? A world wide invasion would probably do it.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
it's silly to think the US could take on the ENTIRE world. Think about it. China could most likely defeat the US with numbers alone. Imagine China plus 100 other countries. The scenario would most likely involve the US just pressing the button. Mutually Assured Destruction could be the only end result.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
there would be lots of carnage but the U.S. has stuff ready for anything
that comes from earth.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
They tried in WWII with Japan who had Germany & Italians on their side. The United States Nuked two cities in Japan and set Germany on fire. Now we have Russia, India & China who are all Nuclear power nations and are on Iran's side.

India? Since when was India on Iran's side?
Iran is an Islamic nation, I seriously doubt that India would side with them. The Hindus and Muslims have been at odds since the inception of Islam.

[edit on 29-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

India and Iran have had close relations since ancient times. Indians particularly believe that the Indo-Aryan peoples of the Indian subcontinent and the Iranian peoples of the Iranian plateau (Persia) are descended from the same Proto-Indo-Iranian group of people. Over several millennia, the civilizations have interacted with each other politically, scientifically, linguistically and culturally.
Iran-India relations

Two weeks ago, Antony informed Parliament that the Indian navy was training five Iranian sailors in its facilities. Indian Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee recently said that Iran had "every right to pursue its nuclear program for peaceful purposes" and that India favors a "noninterventionist policy in Iran."
Idia's long established ties with Iran

Idia has ties with Iran even though they disagee on certain issues and considering the United States, India would take sides with Iran, just because it's the United States being invaded.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

First of all, India would not be a nuclear power without American aid. India and America have always had a strong relationship. Si, your inference that "India hates America" is not really legit. US-India Friendship

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Our defence and military relations have never been as good as they stand today. Only once before did I see this kind of proximity -- that was immediately after the Sino-Indian conflict in 1962. And the fact that such a progress has been made after reaching 'ground zero' on May 11 and 13, 1998, is not only remarkable, but also a good lesson for political pundits.

What is the exact status of these relations today? How has this been achieved? How should one see this development in the new world order, and in the new security environment wherein China and India have, or will, acquire a new status?

Indo-US military ties are inevitable

China and Russia attacking America, possible and likely. India? Not so much.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
India would not ally with Iran, India would not take on the US...

I've been there, I know the score...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
India would not ally with Iran, India would not take on the US...

I've been there, I know the score...

[edit on 29-12-2007 by mr-lizard]

It's even debateable, although I fear them, if China would. Two world wars and guess whose side China fought on in each of them? It certainly wasn't on the side that was against the United States.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
well i think that if the world invaded U.S.A we would be in some serious, serious, serious trouble , but i don't really think that could happen because the government really would'nt allow it. They war would not be fair.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by newkid

An invasion is NOT possible. One of the points that people have been trying to make is that warfare has changed. An opposing country wouldn't even be able to get troops anywhere near America without getting their military/government infrastructure and major cities wiped off the map. I don't think "the world would die" as your friend so eloquently put it - just recognize that the consequences of a country trying to invade the US would be disastrous for all parties involved. There are too many major powers with nuclear weapons, and ultimately, any sort of scenario along the likes of which you're describing would end horribly for everyone.

No, frankly, I think any real "wars" that escalate from now on won't be fought with ground soldiers/tanks - but with socioeconomic weaponry. Also keep in mind that the Internet is going to be a very large battleground from now on. Obviously in countries like Iran (under the assumption that anything big would happen with them), maybe ground warfare would be necessary. But other than that, if there are any hostile escalations with any major superpowers from now on, look for a new kind of warfare. Something along the lines of another Cold War possibly.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tati.12
well i think that if the world invaded U.S.A we would be in some serious, serious, serious trouble , but i don't really think that could happen because the government really would'nt allow it. They war would not be fair.

lol fair?
Just look at the Vietnam War and tell me if that's fair. Fair has next to nothing to do with wars. Are you talking about US government that wouldn't allow it? If so then they'll have to fight back and thus creating war. Although there are better ways to invade a county as said before than with arms and weapons.

War isn't about whose right but whose left.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Things can always change and nations change their minds.

It is clearly not a strategic alliance. 'Evolving entente' as defined by Devine Hagerty is perhaps a better word for it. The partnership will remain fluid. I do not see this turning into a strategic alliance because I doubt if India would let this partnership dilute its strategic relations with other nations including Russia [Images] and China, or be perceived as a hedge against China, or accept the US policy of ensuring peace between India and Pakistan through a 'military balance'.

Same Source

Edit to say I don't know what happen with the letters in this post. They look big and white to me?

[edit on 12/29/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newkid

Sorry if this is a bit fragmented- my thoughts are really rolling and I cant always type fast enought to keep up.

What do you think all of the other countries would gain from destroying the U.S? Would there be political or economical gain? Religious?

Also, who (which nation) do you think would be the "ringleader" of all of the agressors, and how would they split up our territory after our defeat, assuming anything would be left usable? That would be more war. How do you get ALL of the other powers to sign on?

There are so many brutal conflicts going on simultaneously right now in our world that I can't see the plan ever getting off the drawing table. The tribes in Africa would have to stop dessimating each other, and all of the Middle Eastern religious turmoil would have to take a time out. Those are just the two biggies right now- I don't know everything that is going on.

If you really pick this scenario apart there can be no winner in such a gambit. It would just be the Apocolypse. Such a war would have to be PURELY religiously based, imo. The only upside to destroying the U.S is if the enemy and their followers believe we are so evil that the world will end unless our nation is anihilated, but there you go again with the Apocolypse. Effed if you do, Effed if you don't.

BTW- I do like your friends response- .."then the whole world would die." Kick ASS!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It will be rather difficult for the U.S to crumble because of an attack, not because we have a rather large army, but an unusual surplus of nuclear weapons and some other weapons we aren't really capable of getting knowledge about. However if we don't return the United States to it's roots, we are in trouble of an implosion.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
First, I'm going to make several assumptions:

i. No nukes. [The U.S., questionably, would win. The entire world mobilizing is plenty of reason for a first-strike policy, and due to Cold War doctrines we have more than enough weapons to sterilize any country with the ability to reach our shores. This may or may not hold true for Russia, depending on the state of their stockpile, given their methods of 'maintenance.]

ii. Some countries simply won't attack. Mexico wouldn't. Israel wouldn't Canada, Britain. Japan. I'm assuming these are neutral.

So, let's understand some thins:

i. The countries would have to have the capability to reach our shores. I'd like you all to name a single country which can bring over their entire land-forces with any degree of success. Carriers? No. I'll assume that our naval and air-forces would sink what few nations have carriers, as they'd likely try to do immediately to ours. Transports? What country has enough transports for the scale you're talking about? China? Pfft. China doesn't have that many transports, let alone supplies.

ii. America has guns. We're known for this. Can you imagine invading a country of several hundred million, littered with guns? Can you imagine trying to invade Harlem, or the Ghetto's? It'd be suicide.

iii. America would shut off all GPS. This would immediately hamper any nation save Russia -- And as much as you'd like to think so, the chances of Russia integrating every other nation in this assault into their system is both improbable and impossible, given the state of those satellites. And, no. Galileo is not up yet.

iv. Anti-satellite warfare would play an enormous role.

The fact is, it's impossible to invade the United States, as it stands. Could you theoretically destroy it? No. The economic issues alone would cripple most major countries world-wide. At best, you could of course, get a surrender. Decapitate the political leaders, but could you destroy the entire country? And, again, could you -invade- America? Imagine the amount of soldiers in Iraq. Imagine how big Iraq is. Does every other country have the capability to pump many times that number of soldiers into a country that produces top-of-the-line weaponry, and which, I imagine, would end up giving said weapons to civilians in the event that the military fell?

No.

Like it has been said, America will fall from within, if ever.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis

Like it has been said, America will fall from within, if ever.

I don't know that America will ever "collapse," per se. Become less influential? Most likely America wil become less of a player in world events, but for it to devolve into non existence seems rather unlikely to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join