It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the whole world invade the US?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by I Love Funny Cars
If someone invaded the US I honestly think that the hardest thing the US would face would be getting its own people to fight .

Then you obviously know nothing about Americans. I am sorry, but if someone invaded my country and started yanking people out of their homes, raping and pillaging, et cetera

[edit on 31-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Thats not war thats just crimes againts humanity stuff like that should not happen .

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How would anyone know what would happen to America if it attacked by of the rest countries in this world, unless that person was a prophet?

[edit on 31-12-2007 by ahuman]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Edited by ahuman
How would anyone know what would happen to America if it was attacked by the rest of the countries in this world, unless that person was a prophet?

I wanted to edify the last comment I made on this forum-thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What if the whole world invade the US?

Why would anyone want to invade the US?

Think about it for a moment...

The reason you feel fear, is because you have been conditioned to feel fear. First the communists were coming to get you, then the terrorists. In reality, neither have ever had any interest in invading the US, but keeping the population fearful is a way to make you think and do as you are told, or the terrorists are going to get you. The US has no natural enemies, only the enemies it itself has produced, and even they have no desire to invade the US. They just want the US to leave them in peace and get off of their land.

I myself think that another country will rule the world, I don't know which one. I hope is not Iran I am sure that I don't want them to rule the world.

Why does one country have to rule the world?

Think about it? You have been conditioned to think that the world must be ruled by someone, in order to make you approve of maintaining the american empire.

What would happen to the world if the US don't exist no more

America(the continent) would just get 50 more nations to it's name.

Would it be just another civilization that will be reduce to nothing.
Like what happen to the Spanish Empire or
All of us would convert to another culture like what happend to the Roman Empire or Would we just disapear like what happened to the Azetec and Maya Empire or. We just be another powerless country like what happen to Germany and Japan or

If you live in texas 200 years from now, speak spanish, have a girlfriend, a child and work your behind off every day at the dilithium factory, would you even care? Propably not, so why worry about it!

could we fight for eternity sort like the radical Muslim?

What would you fight for? Think about it! Your corrupt government? Your corporate welfare society? You have been conditioned to think that the US is worth dying for, so that the wealthy don't have to send their sons and daughters off to get killed.

One poster mentioned the barbarisation of the western roman empire, by giving roman citisenship to soldiers after they finished their term. Well, that's good point, and the parallel is very interesting. Today the US offers expedited citisenship to foreign citisens enlisting in the US armed forces. It's hard for me to think that they would be loyal to the US, even if they become US citisens. The Europeans have learned that the hard way, having integrated millions of foreigners, just to have them start waging fifth column activities when they get their citisenship.

As for the destruction of america, well you are doing it to yourself. Dumbing down your population, exporting your jobs, accepting and even cheering for a fascist empire comes to mind.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by aaa2500]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
What if the whole world invades the US?

I ask that question to a friend of my and he said that the whole world would die.

I myself think that another country will rule the world, I don't know which one. I hope is not Iran I am sure that I don't want them to rule the world.

If the rest of the world invades the US, what will they attack? The common citizens, or the infrastructure that supports our military and federal government?

I would retreat to somewhere that I couldn't be found, at least until things settled down in more populated areas, as obviously there would be the kind of turmoil you've only read about in history books. Eventually some other governing body would come to power for everyone that can't look after themselves, maybe under some other name. But this is nothing that would not happen in time anyway. It's natural, all things must come to an end. The only thing eternal is the process itself.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Interesting to read the various opinions regarding this subject. No, I do not think that the comined nations of the world would ever invade another single country, including the US. Not because of fear, but because it is simply unfeasable for all the nations to agree to an agenda or even a mutual alliance.

However, if there was to be an attempt to undermine the US, I personally would approach it from a different perspective.

A. Invoke civil unrest (possible civil war).

B. Use chemical or biological warfare, food or water sytem.

C. Ecconomcal methods.

Who needs to employ conventional military tactics when there are so many more sibtle and effective alternatives available.

Besides, although I do not fully agree with US foreign policy, I do not condone the destruction of another culture. The American people deserve to live their lives as they see fit, just as any other nation should be allowed. There are corrupt elements in every society. The majority of Americans are hard-working decent folk.. Let them remain that way for many years to come.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The U.S. would never Disolve into oblivion through war. IMO the only way we would collapse is if a major plague were to be spread WORLD WIDE. It would be the only scenario where the u.s. wouldn't use its nuclear weapons to keep from being destroyed. This could cause an economic catastrophe, bring about a world wide depression, and thus, exaserbating the plague conditions through poor health, and poor living.

With this being said, the world would collapse, not just the u.s., from the fragments new nations would grow to dominance.

As far as the u.s. end through war, not possible.

1.) inorder for us to be invaded, you have to get past our navy, and our air force.

2.) once your troops land, you have a hell of a battle in front of you, as not only would the army, national guard, and marines be fighting you, but once you broke through them, there would be MASSIVE partisan operations against the invading army, cutting off supplies, and making advance next to impossible.

3.) should the invading army choose to do a slash and burn operation, i.e. burning out the civilians, and forcing them out of occupied area, this would create an even larger partisan support of the U.S.

Think of the u.s. as the siblings that don't get along, yes we beat the snot out of each other, hate, and lie against each other, but if someone comes in and picks on a brother or sister, the whole family jumps in.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The way the world economy is today it basically goes as the US goes. If the US collapeses there will be a world wide depression the likes we have never seen. Lets hope this does not happen! We are already stretched militarely, our economy is in recession or close to it and with the dollar fading and price of gas rising it doesnt look good!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by camain
Think of the u.s. as the siblings that don't get along, yes we beat the snot out of each other, hate, and lie against each other, but if someone comes in and picks on a brother or sister, the whole family jumps in.

Cheers,

Camain

It has always been and will forever be that way.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Pffft, don't blow your own trumpet pal, what you are referring to is something called human nature.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
let me explain hot it is going to happen
now that we are dependant on the global economy
we are going to be squeezed from all sides
they will stop using us currency as the standard
other governments are going will dump their us cash reserves
then they will start dumping tons of cheap products
in our markets while refusing to buy our products
foreign governments and corporations will start buying up
lots of american real estate.
when this starts happening then we will be in deep deleted

more raw steel, wood , helium go out of the country than
stays in.

reply to post by newkid

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There is a lot of debate in this thread, but one question remains unclear- why would any other country in the world try to invade the US?

I mean, shouldn't the question be set other way around?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The way the world economy is today it basically goes as the US goes. If the US collapeses there will be a world wide depression the likes we have never seen. Lets hope this does not happen! We are already stretched militarely, our economy is in recession or close to it and with the dollar fading and price of gas rising it doesnt look good!

Wrong. The US economy was built on production and export(cars, heavy industry, agriculture, farming, animal husbandry, Hi tech etc)

Today, the US does not produce and export, it imports.

In the past, the greenback was like gold, because everybody in the world used US made products, the US dollar was an accesskey to everywhere. It remained strong and valuable, and was the currency of trade in many industries. Today, the dollar is weak and no longer used in many industries(they use euro or yuan).

Whatever the world wants to buy, it's pretty certain it won't be a US product. Either because the US doesn't produce it any longer, because others make a better quality gizmo, or because it's cheaper somewhere else.

If the US economy collapse tomorrow, the world will buy it's weapons from Russia and China, it's Flat screen TV's and Computers from China, it's cars from China or Korea and it's oil from the middle east and Russia. There's really nothing left to buy from the US.

let me explain hot it is going to happen
now that we are dependant on the global economy
we are going to be squeezed from all sides
they will stop using us currency as the standard
other governments are going will dump their us cash reserves
then they will start dumping tons of cheap products
in our markets while refusing to buy our products
foreign governments and corporations will start buying up
lots of american real estate.
when this starts happening then we will be in deep deleted

more raw steel, wood , helium go out of the country than
stays in.

Ahem, you mean pretty much like the way things are going today.

As for the idea that is promoted by some that atomic weapons are an innoculation against anything, you need to study the cold war and UNDERSTAND what Mutually Assured Destruction is all about.

MAD is not an all out insurance against being attacked, it's only an insurance against being attacked using atomic weapons. Thermonuclear war is total war, and cannot be contained to small areas regardless of what some believe . Essentially MAD is an 'KILL me and I WILL KILL YOU insurance policy.

If the US were invaded using conventional forces, the US would not use it's atomic weapons, simply because it would be suicide for the US and murder for the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IFeel

Everyone keeps saying that if everyone gangs up and takes the Us on...

good luck with that.

You really think England would side with Russia?

do you really think North Korea wants to deal with anybody?

Do you really think that all the countries in a civil war in Africa can get themselves together and fight a war against anyone else.

France wants to get cozy again.

India doesn't want to piss off their employer.

Fact is, in a fuzzy rainbow world it would be nice if it was one big sparkly playground. But there are cultural differences, social differences, etc. We are segregated because on a deeper level we like it.

Do I want an influx of people who think women are property?Or have mulitple wives?

That don't consider children valuable?

sorry, but I don't.

And one thing that I have to add is that americans get a lot of slack for having wealth. But we work our asses off for it. I don't know how the lazy stereotype got around, but the average American works 400 hours more a year then the next contender. 400 hours.And Americans only record actual working hours, not business dinners or trips. That is hard core hours.

And others don't realize that we do this at a very high cost.
It costs us our mental health.
It costs us our families.
It costs us our physcial health.
We don't even have the time to eat right.
Our life spans are shortening because of it.
We don't even know who the neighbor is. We are too tired to find out.

Trust me my friends, the price is high.

We have the least vacation time in the civilized world. The average American gets one week to 1.5 weeks. Lucky if you get two. Most get none. Or they are too afraid to take it.

My best friend and I joke around about how we have to barter for time off. You usually spend weeks before scrambling to have your position covered, because others are not supposed to feel the effects and hurt their production.

When a woman has a baby, she is allowed 12 UNPAID weeks. Many have to save their meager vacation or sick time to offset that. So imagine my shock when my Canadian friend told me they get one paid year. I can't even wrap my head around that. Most women don't even take the 12 weeks, afraid of repercussions. So who suffers? The infants do. They are barely on earth before getting separated from their mothers for 50 hours a week.

God forbid if you get sick.

When my husband lost his brother suddenly and tragically, he wasn't off of work a week when they started harrassing him about coming back to work or risk losing his job. We don't even give you time to grieve.

You can't enjoy all that life has to offer.

You have to barter to have time off for your honeymoon. You have a few weeks to have a baby. Basically time enough to recover from a c-section. And you get three days off if you lose a loved one.
Four or five if your lucky. I had to go back in four days after my BIL died, and I cried my way through the next few.

So are you sure you want a piece of all this privilege?

Because many of us are starting to think it is not worth it.

And I also think people equate wealth to happiness. We are not the happiness nation on Earth. Far from it actually. Studies have shown that there is moderation in everything. Including population. That the more populated an area, the unhappier people are.

so if borders were opened and everyone migrated to Cancun, it would be a very unhappy place indeed.

So come on in, help yourself to some privilege. I am going to Cancun to kick my feet up for a change. Because my last vacation was 4.5 years ago, when my husband and I got married. Since then we have not had more then 2 consecutive days off.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, I for one believe that once all the dead wood is removed from Politics, in ALL Countries, and the Elitests are removed from their power structures, there will be a lot less hatred about...

And i do think that the so called secret services, supposadly representing their countries, are actually the major culprates breeding these problems...

I never forget a quote about the Vietnam War, a bbc correspondant walking arount asking the Vietnamese their opinion on the Americans. Over-whelmingly, they liked the Americans and their people, it was the government they didnt like. At all as i remember...

But of-course, Benjamin Fulford seems to be covering that now, and going by what he says, what Leo Wanta says, and taking into account the existing problems, shall we say, around sub prime numbers (do your homework) I feel safe in saying that the best is yet to come...

As a boring old Brit, i simply believe the West has merely lost its way (UK aswell Mr Brown!!!) but I am sure the Asians, Indians, and the Russians now understand this, and sympathise...

(well, i hope so anyway
)

(ps latest WorldReports Mp3 Audio transcript uploaded, see signature)

[edit on 3-1-2008 by uk_jsm]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

We have the least vacation time in the civilized world. The average American gets one week to 1.5 weeks. Lucky if you get two. Most get none. Or they are too afraid to take it.

Wow, I didn't realise that things were so different here in Denmark. We have 5 mandatory(3 successive if we want) weeks of vacation with one additional week optional. You save 2.5 days up for vacation every working month(even when vacationing).

My best friend and I joke around about how we have to barter for time off. You usually spend weeks before scrambling to have your position covered, because others are not supposed to feel the effects and hurt their production.

Generally overtime is saved and used to take time off. Always at the employers permission.

When a woman has a baby, she is allowed 12 UNPAID weeks. Many have to save their meager vacation or sick time to offset that. So imagine my shock when my Canadian friend told me they get one paid year. I can't even wrap my head around that. Most women don't even take the 12 weeks, afraid of repercussions.

Here it's total 18 paid weeks. 4 before giving birth and 14 weeks after giving birth for the woman. 4 weeks paid for the man. After that the parents can then go on 'welfare' for 32 weeks(32 weeks total, but divided among the parents as they see fit) before returning to work.

When my husband lost his brother suddenly and tragically, he wasn't off of work a week when they started harrassing him about coming back to work or risk losing his job. We don't even give you time to grieve.

This would be counted as sick leave, but some union agreements have a special clause on that subject. Additionally, here, an employer is not allowed to contact you once you have notified him that you are sick. And he can't fire you for having too many sick days until you've had 120 sick days in the last 12 months.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I thought I would give some info, for those who are interested in the differences between our countries.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
What if the whole world invades the US?
I ask that question to a friend of my and he said that the whole world would die.

I don't mean to be rude, but I had to laugh at this. How old are you???

As for who will rule the world!! You listen to too much tv, or watch too many movies. The intention of the planet here on earth isn't to have any one tyranical nation imposing their control on all the others.

And if it did come to conflicts, there would obviously be alliances formed, and an alliance of one form or another would rule at the end, just as it does today, and always has. The world is too large for any one nation to rule without alliances.

And why do you say "not Iran", why not Iran, what do you know about Iran, have you studied the history, culture, society, politics in Iran, or have you merely been listening to Fox News and other US admin propaganda newsmedia spinning lies about Iran. Have you ever met an Iranian, do you know that the CIA murdered the democratically elected leader of Iran some years ago to install an admin of its own in Iran. If you were an Iranian wouldn't you be disgusted at that?

The world doesn't need to be divided by flag-wavers. Waving coloured cloths is all a manipulation by the elites in power to control the public. The Elites who control the various governments need people to fight their wars and support their empires, safeguarding their fortunes. The elites have always sold the idea to the public that it is "us against them", but the battles are really for the elites to consolidate their own positions of power and to make more money. Wars are huge business, and the people who make all the money are the very people who manipulate the wars and stir their populations up into a brainwashed frenzy of flag-waving.
You have no reason to dislike anyone living in Iran. Let them live their lives and you live yours. The Iraq war was all about power and money, it has done nothing to make america safer for the american people, the Iraqis were never any kind of a threat to you or your neighbours. The US military was being used as a private army for the Bush admin and their friends, behind the scenes, they have made billions of dollars from all sorts of military, security, oil contracts etc. But they still managed to fool the public into thinking it was patriotic to support the war. It is not patriotic to support one large bullying nation commiting violent acts of murder, rape, maiming, polluting the country with depleted uranium bombs, stealing their riches and oppressing the people even further.

What would happen the world if US didn't exist. Well the US didn't exist until very recently in worlds history. Before europeans started colonising america, the american continent was very different. If USA did disappear again, it wouldn't make much difference to the rest of the world. Each person in each nation just wants to live their own life.

As for if the US lost a super war, what would happen then, well that is an unlikely situation and the US isn't going to lose everything at any stage.

However, why look at the world in terms of wars, enemies, conflicts etc. People are people, wherever you go you will find that people everywhere have more in common with each other than what divides us. It is the world leaders manipulating populations to imagine we need to fear/hate other nations which is why the elites can get away with creating wars in the first place.

By the way, not all muslims are radical, do you know many muslims. In their countries they are being manipulated by their leaders also, and there are usually reasons why people in some areas become radical, often it is driven out of being oppressed by others tyranny that pushes them that way.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The invading army would not have a chance. Tens of millions of kids without their computers TV,s,ipods, cell phones would tend to become so violet in their ways. and the screaming alone would nutrilize anyone, as the sound decible would hit a note of utter distruction. Not just that but the wifes would be angry and unfortunatly with PMS on the day that would happen and even guns at close range would never ever stop them. Now that a country has desided to invade we will have to let the millions out of prison to fight the front lines and we will make sure they are the nastest lot of all. Then you got us farmers, who are used to varmits.And we still have steel workers, builders of cities and homes, even police, wow a never ending supply of pychoctic wards open as well. Why even think of invading a country that will never be afraid to buck it up and do battle.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why is there so many post saying that the chance of the whole world invading the US is impossible/unlikely because of ...

This thread isn't about the possibility. So read the OP. This is a 'what if' situation and no one is is saying it's going to happen likely anyways.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Impossible scenario but anyway,

Without nukes of course the US would lose , silly question although believe me it wont be a walk over

With nukes the US would be totally annihilated along with a lot of the countries that attacked it but again the rest of the world would win, but at what price?, the world would be almost uninhabitable with the nuclear winter

I dont live in the US but without them who would keep the other powers in place?

I for one am glad the US is a superpower and hope it remains that way for a long time to come

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join