It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the whole world invade the US?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I really hope that no country gets worldly attacked. Alot of good people in all of them and the governments are most likely the ones who will not spill any blood. It will be the young soldiers that spill their blood and innocent people die.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

SolarSkye, that's the sad part of this whole "war on terrorism." A bunch of innocent people are goingto wind up suffering the consequences of the actions of the few.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I just doubt this would ever happen. If I'm a world leader and I know that the U.S has ballistic missile submarines, I'd be very reluctant to invade the U.S.

Invading a large country, with armed citizens, different terrains, different climates, the most technological advanced military on earth, and enough nuclear weapons to blow up the world is a bad move.

The U.S would fall, if every other military in the world invaded, but we'd take billions with us.

Nuclear holocaust is the most realistic outcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

They already have. 9/11 over 3000 dead.
Then you have all the soldiers who have fallen since then.
Casualties in Iraq

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm staying in Florda for a short time this holiday.

I talked about this very subject with people at a Christmas dinner party. They seemed concerned at first, started to try to come up with solutions, only to realize that there is no solution. The quiet concensus? We are already screwed...Poor education, mortgage crisis, terrorism, the falling dollar..Then their conversation suddenly switched to how to make the local golf course easier for handicappers.

There's no need for a military invasion or assault on the US. America is giving it all away to whoever will pay, like a desperate street walker addicted to crack. All is good, as long as we get enough money to pay for our American addictions, regardless of where the money comes from or the implications.

Time to buy some Euros and learn some new languages, folks.

I'll be okay, because I already know that the corporations and politicians have sold out. I'm preparing myself for the time when it's official that nobody gives a crap about me or my country. I vow to have the skills and the money to survive in such a world.

For those of you who do not know, or who have not seen what I have seen, you have no idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Harlem is already being invaded...by the upper-middle class. All of the people there that you imagine have guns are being forced out of Harlem due to gentrification and very high rents. And remember that New York City is now one of the safest cities in the United States to live in. Even in Harlem there are few gunshots.

Money rules everything. If the rest of the world takes us out, it will be with money, with a weapon that they literally have earned.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't think there is any danger of anyone invading America, except for space aliens and while repelling a space alien invasion without Tammy Faye Baker is going to be a challenge, America still has Kathy Lee Gifford at the negotiating table and Rosie if the aliens decide to play hardball.

As for the rest of it, the world has already sucked America dry culturally and doesn't give a flying fadoo if America disappears. Baseball and football have spread. The girl-group lives on in Japan. Blue jeans are everywhere. Electronics are everywhere. Everyone is going to the moon. Everyone is souping up their cars.

The only people who will be disappointed are the Canadians who will have to look around elsewhere for someone to ignore them.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
We live in a day and age where america is ONCE AGAIN underestimated. History has its way of repeating itself, America has and will continue to make it through things far worse than the situation we are in.

Some analyst say china would crumble on itself within 6 months if the us pulled out all its business from there immediately. China and other countries will almost always rely on the us to support their government. So that rules out the biggest threat (china).

Now we have Russia who damn well knows better and saber rattlers (iran) that also know they better not try. We have the UK on our side along with the israelis. That itself is a winning combonation.

Even if everyone turned on us, we would win it fairly quickly in the sky and seas. This is not to mention all the technology thats still black.

Is it possible for the world to invade us and wipe us off the map? Absolutely. But the chances of such a thing are extremely thin. A asteroid is more likely to wipe us out.,

[edit on 12/30/2007 by AndrewTB]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Speaking of the Romans or the Western Roman Empire, they were invaded over many years by different groups of "barbarians" which over-came the traditional Roman social positions of citizen soldier. These "barbarians" were actually given Roman citizenship after serving a pre-determined period of service. The pension for a Roman soldier was normally a plot of land in a semi-organized part of the Roman Empire. Thus, more foreign born peoples were gaining as retirement traditional Roman lands and driving the Latins the way of the buffalo. An invasion that took nearly 400 years but a successful invasion non-the-less.

The Roman Empire was arranged very similar to the United States in terms of delegation of powers and federal type system of government, the difference course being the emperor (some would argue). We even share our supposed method of government, representative democracy. The military has been moved to the far outposts near the overseas "intrests" When history is drawing such parallels we should pay attention.

Finally, I don't think anyone will argue the United State's traditional economy is changing and the answer is not yet evident what our next economic base may be, BBC made an interesting point about America exporting intelligent properties, such as software that doesn't require any continued production past concept design. While traditional production has been sent to cheaper markets where labor is cheaper. This does not build a huge economy, which will support a leviathan.
The traditional method of invasion has been made virtually impossible, but the invasion of the traditional American way of life may be progressing smoothly.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Newkid,
You made a good point to me and I bet you didn't even realize what you said. You said and I quote If the whole world invades the USA who would rule the world meaning that the United States rules the world. I am sure not one country in the world wants or acknowledges that the United States rules the world. I just had to make that point out to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If the whole world invaded the US? You don't need military power to invade the US. What for? What a waste of resources. There is an effective and cheaper way.

If you are Japanese, migrate to US and make lots of babies. If you are Chinese, do the same. If you are from India, do the same. The whole world will do the same until it displaces the original Americans. Now, you can all vote for a US president which has Chinese heritage or Japanese or Indian or whatever.

You can all change the name of US to United Nations of America.

Peace!

[edit on 30-12-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
If you are Japanese, migrate to US and make lots of babies. If you are Chinese, do the same. If you are from India, do the same.

Think maybe Mexico could do that ?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just a few observations from the previous posts.

First off, I am not anti-American ..... lets get that straight.

Look at your history books, they show that ALL Empires eventually fall, whether its by Military means or otherwise. The biggest Empire the world has ever seen ..... The British Empire ...... eventually fell, but it was not due to a military defeat, par se.

The American ''Empire'' will inevitably fall at some point in time, though I very much doubt it will be by Military means, unless it is by a method/weapon/idealogy/technology/virus so powerful that it makes conventional/nuclear weapons obsolete. It has only been in existence a few decades ..... a baby by comparison of other Empires.

Before WWI, America was and still is to some degree a very insular country. It would only need the right change in Government to return to being insular again and bring home its troops. As others have rightly pointed out, there are many other ways of bringing down an Empire without having to resort to Military means, even more so with todays global technology.

Nuclear weapons are no guarantee of safety. Barbarians defeated the Roman Legions, gunpowder was once considered the 'ultimate' weapon, the British Square was considered virtually impregnable. You can bet your life, someone somewhere is devising some nasty evil weapon that will make ''Nukes'' obsolete. What if ... someone devised a virus that ONLY kills Americans?

As for invasion, very unlikely .... Whats the point? To make an invasion successful and profitable, the invader needs to hold the territory and make a profit from it, normally because of its resources. There are far more easier and profitable targets (countries) in the world for any budding Meglomaniac to invade.

As for ''Red Dawn'' .... nice story, but highly unlikely ..... remember it was made during the Reaganite years.

I think you will be safe in your beds for another night.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Could the USA lose a war against the world?

I am very surprised that no one in this thread has mentioned the following likelyhood:

#1. US Government unconditionally surrenders, without firing a single shot. (Maybe this is due to pure corruption of our leaders, or maybe due to an uninformed electorate.)

#2. US Government then turns its ample war machine against its own population to enforce the terms of its surrender.

#3. The above two items are spun in the press as a victory for moderation and democracy, accompanied by a lot of flag waving and pats on the back.

Maybe I missed something -- is this not a very possible senario?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If the U.S. is invaded by the rest of the world it surely won't be the first time. History has a way of repeating itself when people don't learn their lessons and I think we Americans are slow learners.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Before WWI, America was and still is to some degree a very insular country. It would only need the right change in Government to return to being insular again and bring home its troops.

I personally think this is what should happen,for America's sake.. Here is my thread detailing what I think and why I think it.

Isolationism is America's Answer

You may find it interesting or you may not, have a look.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Dear Speaker of Truth:

Isolation might work for a while however I seem to remember reading about trojan horses, battling rams and a place called Masada where persistent problem people still fought their way in to the city.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by newkid
No he lives in California.

What I am trying to say if the whole world invade the US and the world wins what would happen to the US.????

If your friend honestly thinks the US would beat the whole world in a war, he's seriously deluded!!

[edit on 30-12-2007 by DigitalKid]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I havent read the whole thread but I noticed people were talking about people using nukes , do you honestly think that anyone would use nukes these days knowing what it would do . America could have used them in afganistan or iraq but nope , I think the countries of the world know the dangers of nukes they just use them for scare tactics

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I just want to say that I have learn a lot from this thread.
Back in the 80's I was about 18 yrs. when I saw Red Dawn and ever since then, the movie has stuck in my head. You can imagine how scare I was when 9-11 happen. Most of the post that I have read say that an invasion could never happen, and I feel good about that.
Thanks for the INPUT, and yes the US is the most powerful country in the whole world and everybody knows that

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join