It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiky UFO Brazil

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wonder what the spikes do?
I've never seen a balloon like this. It looks like a classic flying saucer with a cone hanging down and 12 movable spikes that are in the same positions as the hour positions on a clock. It doesn't morph at all that is just the bad focusing.
I think its alien. Their designs are usually highly symmetrical (the CGI fakes like the drone are not).

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nekitamo
Here are some further proofs for balloon theory:

Forgetomori's post about this case

That's it for me, it's a balloon. Case closed.

Please take a look at the above website. I really never thought that this thing could be a balloon until I saw the website provided by nekitamo. It'll be tough to refute that imo. Too bad, I thought we had one that couldn't be explained away... Damn balloons.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

So this could not be an unidentified type of balloon? What would then make it different from "regular UFO:s"? Now there's an oxymoron for you.

the fact that there are spikey-type balloons in EXISTANCE, somewhere on the globe, does not provide a definite anwer as to what is seen on the film. That depends of course on what one wants to know. Im interested in WHO was doing WHAT for what purpose that day. If the "balloonoid" is "toy size", then i say case closed. Is it big to huge, then i'm still curious to its origin until a definte match is provided from the balloon industry.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nekitamo

Nice find. The investigators down there seem to know what they're talking about so CASE CLOSED for me. Balloon.

Down in Brazil, Shirley seems to be the only one hanging-on to the UFO story.

This was a great case and thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The interesting part is that it change shape towards the end of the video, funniest part is when the boy shout if they are there to take them !

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Very interesting video there.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthDweller

Listen, I want this to be some sort of object that's not a balloon just as bad as you. I believe in UFO's. I actually laughed as I was reading thru this thread at people suggesting a balloon. That was until I came across that website that was posted with the investigation into this sighting. It proved me wrong about balloons of that shape don't exist. They clearly do. They also are flown in Brazil. So to me that provides more a possibility of explaining that object... So now to prove that the object in the video is not one of these 12 spoked balloons pictured on this site...Alot more difficult now.

However, things to consider:

When was this balloon first introduced in Brazil? Was it before or after 1995?

The first picture on that site shows a 12 spoked balloon thing attached to a string. Then that should limit the altitude and movement of it. So how high was the object in the video and which way was it moving? Was it more stationary or did move across the horizon?

How big was it?

It'll be tough getting these answers, although someone had said they were going to interview the lady who filmed this thing. So maybe we'll get more of an idea.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
Most likely a baloon or a dragon. IMO.

Nice footage,never seen before,cheers!

It reminds me of the UFOs/Angels painted on the old renaissance paintings.
Would post some pics but photobucket is being an ass.
Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
nice vid too hard to debunk i cant see this as being a fake

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

We are on the same page here PhotonEffect. I think perhaps the eyewitness is what matters now. also the size of it and all that. This could still be an interesting case study of identifying "odd" aerial objects.

All in the name of truth

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
after m last reply i got to thinking, you know what , I've seen this ufo before!
well sort of ..... it resembles the mother-ship in the closing stages of the movie
" Close encounters of the third kind ". Now what we need for this case is someone at ATS that understands Portuguese cause thats the language of Brazil
now the clip! if you follow the link ive provided its a better clip of it and i think
this could be the investigation clip ....look click on this link from the you tube
and full screen it then from the 11sec mark to the 22sec mark you can see the spikes rapidly extend. Now from the 1min mark to the 1:13 min mark it appears
the spikes are being extended and retracted randomly, yeah i know it could be just the 2nd rate filming but hey you get that!.

www.youtube.com...

Steven Spielberg

yes i know this ship has antenna where the other has spikes and it has too many lights underneath but hey the movie is set at night! but the general shape of the ship seems vaguely similar....if you've seen the movie and want to cut to the chase! watch from the 2 min mark .... to the young folk if you havent seen this movie go to the shop and buy it probably cost 10 to 15 bucks......aliens, abductions,lots of ufo's, government cover-ups

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Hello, Sir

About the portuguese: if you look at the posts earlier you will see that translations has been done already. It is nice to see these stabilized (and quiet) versions allright. In the version you refer to, the spikeyness appears as the camera optics zooms in slightly, so it does not change shape from a disc-shape to a spikey setup, right? Otherwise would be somewhat of a coincidence. The arms do appear to be dynamic in lenght and such, but with all the image artifacts and the high (digital?) zoom level it is to me impossible to attribute it to either digital phenomena or actual physical alterations. Perhaps someone with experience in video technology can give some feedback on that issue.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
nice catch on the balloon find...
that upsets me...
I wish the UFO was spinning or something at the end... but i guess it does kind of act like a balloon.

... sigh

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I commented in the other thread but it got locked soo...
It is an interesting video. I didn't see any spectacular maneuvers but the shape was definately not normal.

Not sure that we can rule it out as some type of UAV but who knows.

Nice find.

Edited to add screenshot. There seems to be alot of distortion which is sometimes noted when we see UFO videos that are not debunkable.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

i feel you on the "paused for thought" comment,
im sitting here trying to come up with SOMETHING as to what it could be, but as you well know this is something EXTRAordinary, doubt this could have been a hoaxed ... and im affraid to say it, but just look at the kid(s) in the video, dont seem tech savy to me, but thats just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
To me it looks Like A shadow Ship from the TV series Babylon 5.
Very sinister looking UFO imo.

If thats a real UFO id be scared Sh****ss of whats inside it alright.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Here is a shadow ship From Babylon 5 for those who have not seen the show.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Did you see the 12 horns on that devil?

The 30 degree position Tesla bulbs.

Man made Tesla craft.. what else.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There are more of these things:

Ufo 1995 Sao Paulo (time scaled from 1:40 to :18)

I want to post 'es diablo' to mess with these spooked South Americans.

No clue about Nazi - New Mexico saucer origins.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Good post,heres another thread showwing two more spikey UFOs this time filmed over Portugal.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The object featured in your video does appear similar and is interesting because the object appears to ´grow´ spikes-something a conventional balloon does not do.
As for the debunker link showing pictures of spikey balloons and considering the case closed,I think that is a bit presumptive.
I also noticed that they only debunked easy cases,used quite a lot of dismissive ´fuzzy logic´ and were not particularly objective.
Just my H.O.
Cheers Karl

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join