It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiky UFO Brazil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Is this OLD??? This thing sort of looks like the Drone. Of course ,it is a youtube video, and could be anything. I was just wondering what the people were saying in the background.I will assume they are saying"Wow its a UFO", or "What is that?". Ok here she is.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Most likely a baloon or a dragon. IMO.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is the most genuine video of a UFO i have ever seen before.

"Breadfan"; Are you blind? If this is your type of balloon then I wonder what planet you are from... No imagination at all...

Thank you for this!

* + Flag

[edit on 26-12-2007 by PureET]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Most difficult to tell from this grainy poorly focused video. The kids screaming and yelling started getting on my nerves. It could be just about anything. Why doesn't anyone have a twenty dollar tripod?!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
"Breadfan"; Are you blind? If this is your type of balloon then I wonder what planet you are from... No imagination at all...

It could be a balloon or at least partly. I mean, if you saw this in the distant sky:

What would you say? Flying dog from outer space?

That thing in the video is not really moving like a classic UFO. It's just hovering there and slightly starts rolling over at the end of the video.

It is a UFO allright, but I very much doubt it's of extraterrestrial origin.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Breadfan]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
And while I'm at it, here's a nice spike-like balloon example for you:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Is this OLD??? This thing sort of looks like the Drone. Of course ,it is a youtube video, and could be anything. I was just wondering what the people were saying in the background.I will assume they are saying"Wow its a UFO", or "What is that?". Ok here she is.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by dntwastetime]

I think you can go by the sound or excitement in their voice that it's a UFO. I challenge you to keep pausing it over and over you can start to see lights towards the top or above the spikes, the spikyness in the disc and you can tell that the spikes are never in the same place as you pause it over and over.

To me, it appears to be spinning by pausing the video to get a clear shot.

At one split second, I can tell there are lights at the top of this disc and this does not seem to be a fake video at all, I think this could be the real deal here.

Thank you for the post!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, whatever it is, it's one of the best vids I've seen for a long time. If it has been manufactured, then it has been well observed, camera wise, and is very convincing. And if it is fake, my compliments to those who created it. You've gat a future in the movie biz.

However , if it isn't faked...

Yes, there isn't any point of reference to judge its size. Or how fast it was moving, if indeed it was moving. Breadfan, I understand your concerns when you said:

That thing in the video is not really moving like a classic UFO. It's just hovering there and slightly starts rolling over at the end of the video.

But in all fairness, how do you, or any of us know how UFOs are supposed to move? If we managed to invade another planet, complete with all of our military might, would the indigenous inhabitants not have the same arguement when all they've seen previously were helicopters and then we unload the Eurofighters?

There is something innocent about the filming; as if the cameraman was simply capturing an object in the sky.

As to what it is; who knows? It had a suitably "otherworldy" manner about it as it displayed its spikes/antenna right at the end. It truly is, until we know different, a UFO.

All in all a good find dntwastetime, and worthy of discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Again, I think if you go towards the end of the movie, say around the 3:00 mark and beyond and start pausing by clicking over and over. You can start to see more things around the UFO.

At first I thought it was the lights on the UFO, but going back over it I can see small bright orbs zip by it and around it. It's amazing what you can see by slowing things down a bit.

I am not sure if this is something the camera can produce on it's own, but it appears in several areas of the footage.

Can someone else confirm this?

I am at work right now but I will take some screen shots later and post it for everyone to show you what I am talking about.

I have to admit towards the end the spikiness did not appear to be spinning, which made me start to wonder if this is a spiky balloon but I don't have a reference point or something to measure the movement.

It appears to be hovering and there is no wind that is blowing the balloon away because the boy zooms in and out quite a bit and it's in the same location.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Yes, there isn't any point of reference to judge its size. Or how fast it was moving, if indeed it was moving. Breadfan, I understand your concerns when you said:

But in all fairness, how do you, or any of us know how UFOs are supposed to move?

Well, I can't know for certain but I know of lots of UFOs moving in sucha otherwordly way, breaking the laws of physics, dissaperaing and outmaneouvering conventional jets. I used them as my reference. This one is just standing there waiting to be shot down.

Now, I don't know if it's alien or nort, but if it was, I think aliens would know we have technology to bring things down. That or they were comfy hovering over some small village knowing there's no millitary around.

I however, don't see any light and still stand firm by my claim it is most likely an earth made object.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Uh? I thought the Drone-pictures were a proven hoax, or were they not? Because this video otherwise sheds some new light on the phenomenon/hype of last year.

Am I the only who was shocked to see the similarities near the end of the video, the same spikey/starlike shape and in particular a wide arm on one side of the craft? I don't say this is extraterrestrial, I'm inclined to think it's an earthly craft. I sent the uploader on youtube a message to provide some detailed information as why he stopped filming, witnesses, estimated size, how it disappeared etc

Thanks for posting, one of the few threads on here lately that really deserves to be flagged and flagged again, I afor one m def. intruiged and believe this video to be maybe the best video in a long time to have come out. Can any experts shed some light on the possible authenticity of this video? Thanks

Flagged!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I dont think a balloon would move so steadily

too bad it didnt get any closer

or maybe it did, maybe there is more to this video!

[edit on 26-12-2007 by isitmagic]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's google-translated description of the video from YouTube:

um estranho objeto que á luz do dia,cruzou o céu da zona norte de São Paulo,no bairro do jardim Brasil.Isto se deu durante o tempo que se falava muito em um tal "chupa Cabra ".Veja que nao se pode dizer que é um balão,ele, em seu trajeto faz algumas tentativas para manter aberta as suas 12 garras, até o momento,que como dizem os policiais, - "logrou exito "

a strange object that will light of day, crossed the sky in the northern part of Sao Paulo, Brazil in the neighborhood of the garden. This occurred during the time that we spoke a lot in such a "chupa cabra". See which one can not say that it is a balloon, he, in his path makes some attempts to keep open its 12 claws, so far, as saying that the police - "has exito"

Portuguese, anyone? What's that "has exito" part about?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey nekitamo, where are you from? Your nick in my language means "some guy there".

Send me U2U so we don't hijack this thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Great video!

I have sent an email to AEROMAGIC in Brazil. They manufacture "special shape" hot air balloons. I included a clear shot from the video and the video link so they can take a look. If it's a balloon these guys would recognize it.

Hopefully, we'll get a response.

Samples of their work

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan
Hey nekitamo, where are you from? Your nick in my language means "some guy there".

Send me U2U so we don't hijack this thread.

Sorry, I'm too new for U2U... though you guessed right, I'm your fellow countryman

Back on topic - it could also be a kite, check this one out: www.coastalkites.com...

[edit on 26.12.2007 by nekitamo]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's interesting. I would have to go with the hot air balloon notion at first. It has the basic shape of a hot air balloon. It seems to drift with the wind and not do anything unusual while flying. I don't know of any balloons with that kind of spiky shape, but there are hot air balloons that look like all kinds of things, from Jesus to Darth Vader to flying cows and pigs.

It is interesting that the video cuts out just as the thing gets closest. It makes me suspect that past that point maybe you see the gondola and it's no longer a UFO. Just a speculation. But it's curious that the video stops right there.

Could be a lot of things. Most probably a balloon. Maybe not.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like this video a lot... like others I have said, it is the best one I have seen in ages.

It happily poses more questions than answers, but I get a feeling from the way this is filmed, that this is very genuine video. (Although I am always happy to be proved wrong). It seems to be very 'off cuff' and genuinely a 'surprise' to the person taking the film.

I'd love more info on this one, such as date, camera type, some background info etc. But as it stands, it is very interesting! Thanks for the thread!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicyclerepair Man
Uh? I thought the Drone-pictures were a proven hoax, or were they not?

Yeah, but around here, if you can make any kind of connection between one UFO thing and another, even if they've been debunked, that bolsters your claim of otherworldliness, or whatever. I don't know if it's got a name, but it's a recognized phenomenon.

So if you take a blurry picture of a bird or something and it sort of looks like a Bob Lazar saucer or a "drone," or some cave drawing, then it becomes less likely to be a bird and more likely a flying saucer, or something.

I suspect it's an alchemy thing, where the more dung you pile onto something, at some point it reaches a kind of "critical dung mass" and turns into gold.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nekitamo
Here's google-translated description of the video from YouTube:

um estranho objeto que á luz do dia,cruzou o céu da zona norte de São Paulo,no bairro do jardim Brasil.Isto se deu durante o tempo que se falava muito em um tal "chupa Cabra ".Veja que nao se pode dizer que é um balão,ele, em seu trajeto faz algumas tentativas para manter aberta as suas 12 garras, até o momento,que como dizem os policiais, - "logrou exito "

a strange object that will light of day, crossed the sky in the northern part of Sao Paulo, Brazil in the neighborhood of the garden. This occurred during the time that we spoke a lot in such a "chupa cabra". See which one can not say that it is a balloon, he, in his path makes some attempts to keep open its 12 claws, so far, as saying that the police - "has exito"

Portuguese, anyone? What's that "has exito" part about?

Erm... I'm not the most scholared person as it comes to brazilian portuguese but I think what they mean by "Logrou exito" is something in the line of "failed its attempt"? Maybe a Brazilian member can clarify this (or someone portuguese better at this than me
).

In any case here is the full translation as I read it:

"A strange object in daylight crossed the sky in the northern part of Sao Paulo in the "Jardim do Brasil" area. This happened during a time when there was much talk about the so called "Chupa Cabra". As you see it can't be called a balloon since in its trajectory it makes seeral attempts to maintain its "12 claws" open til the moment when, as the cops have stated, "failed its attempt"."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join