It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiky UFO Brazil

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by borek

Thanks for the clarification. So it sounds like this area has airspace that's fairly busy. And maybe not the most ideal area for a hot air balloon to be floating around in.

Here's another reply from a hot air balloon company:
That’s pretty interesting, it does look like a hot air balloon. As far as I know there isn’t one like that BUT… the Brazilians build a lot of crazy shapes. ALSO, in Brazil they build these paper balloons that are unmanned and illegal. It may be one of those.

Mark Jewell
Sales & Marketing Manager
FireFly Balloons
704-878-9501
704-878-9505 Fax

www.fireflyballoons.net

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I',m really glad that this clip spawned this splendid thread!

I saw it first on a link somewhere and got REALLY enticed! One remark i want to make is; the first impression i had from seeing this clip,was that the object had this "dynamic morphology", it was changing shapes (of the
"arms") in an almost hallucinogenic, elusive manner.

That was MY impression, which i thought could well be due to digital "trickery" as in unintentional artifact beeing present from transfer between formats. I was therefore intrigued by the fact that the eyewitnesses on tape seemed to get the same impression as i, even those volotile, implicitly honest witnesses that children are.

This still leaves room for fakes. And, for that matter, advanced balloons. My spider-sense holds sceptisism towards these explanations though.

If it were a staged fake, then the true chaos and order of what the children say, in conversation with each-other would be tricky to get that good, without sounding like poorly staged drama. The location and vantagepoint, as well as the scripted words are way off what a pro would be likely to do. This is no EVIDENCE, but as to my percieved capabilities in interpretation of real-world dynamics, this i crucial, especially the children.

The balloon card is the only viable, part from the CGI one.

But see, were it only a balloon, then the eye-witness commentary is a hoax, which i believe it is not. Otherwise, were we to belive the witnesses, but still consider it "some balloon" we would have to concieve of some high-tech experimental/custom, mechanical, straight line traversing balloon, for some reason flying over the suburbs of sao paolo. In broad daylight. That would lead to some psy-op operation or other major matter anyhow. And in that case what would the label "fake" mean? And WHO would be the principle faker? Then the fakery of the camerawoman, were she a faker, would just be a shady commentary of a "real" fake, beeing staged by the "balloon men". They would have"taken the bait" and ran with it.

CGI still looms, though. Returning to the kids, they would have been tricky to engage so frantically in something unseen, to the point where they go manic. In a more lengthy video sequence that could be determined, since the camerawoman would not be able to know where to point her camera each time she "drops it". Especially if one could see the horizon.

The fact that "sceptics" can be sure both that it's a balloon, and that it's CGI, hows that such sceptics are sure only about what it CAN NOT be, and really sloppy on what it may be.

In conclusion i tend to think this is a real, physical phenomena, witnessed by real people.

Is it psy-op? Who knows!

Is it ET? Cant be sure, it's real close to earth, so "earthly" would certainly be more probable.

Is it unidentified? I believe so.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by EarthDweller]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by borek
It is better known as Campo de Marte.
So, if it came from there, can we say that it came from Mars?

Regarding the whole video, I only saw it once and with many interruptions, but I got the idea that it did not moved in a straight line.

Can someone (I am too lazy
) try to see if it is possible to draw its path?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's another reply from a balloon company:

I do not know of any production balloons like that coming out of Australia, Europe or the US as they would have had some sort of coverage in industry and sport magazines. There are however two manufacturers in Brazil of hot air balloons who may have been involved in such a project however I would have expected some sort of photo to turn up somewhere. Anyone in the sport tends to make a bit of noise if they do something cool or interesting like that.

Brazil also has a long history of very large paper hot air balloons - a quick youtube search will show some amazing creations. These are unmanned and often not of a conventional balloon shape, with large banners and detailed artwork. They are set free and generally cause havoc for air traffic as they are not controlled in any way. I understand they are actually illegal to launch but people do it anyhow.

Very interesting video. Good luck figuring it out.

I'm looking into the Brazilian companies which he mentions to see if we can get more info on this spiked shape. And to also find out where they typically launch from.

Cheers.

Edit to add: I did a google search of the paper balloons which he mentions but have seen nothing that resembles the spike shape of the craft in the OP vid. I'll post here if I find one that does.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 11one11

let me know if you need a hand calling people and/or companies in Brazil.

I am seriously thinking about going to that woman and try to copy from the original she has. Perhaps even interviewing the boys and herself. Looks like there is still more unseen footage, apparently 10 more minutes or so...

I am just 50km away from the actual place where the sighting took place.

cheers...

iorda

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iorda

Yeah that would be great. By all means please see what you can find out. I think it's worth the exploration. There are a couple of other members from Brazil who have posted in this thread as well and they've been a big help. The more the merrier.

Back on page 6 of this thread Anarkhy posted a link to rapidshare with the video, Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work on my computer. Is this the 10 min video you speak?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
change the extension to .wmv

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anarkhy
change the extension to .wmv

Thanks, that worked.

Edit to add: From the 3:00 mark on this video gets pretty interesting with object in full zoom. A solid 3 mins of zoomed in footage. And those spikes, Whoa.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iorda
reply to post by 11one11

I am seriously thinking about going to that woman and try to copy from the original she has. Perhaps even interviewing the boys and herself. Looks like there is still more unseen footage, apparently 10 more minutes or so...

cheers...

iorda

Voce mora perto dela? Poderia conseguir uma copia do video em vhs.

Recebi essa mensagem de um membro do neowin.net

You contacted the woman?! Does she still have the tape? Now, if we could study the original analog tape it might amount to something. I’m an astronomy researcher at UC Berkeley, and I have access to be best people in the world for the analysis of this kind of thing.

So could she send you teh tape?

Se estiver interessado em enviar o video para analise eu pego o email do sujeito.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
After watching the extra material, i can say that i am more inclined to the hot air balloon thesis then ever before. However this is the only point of reference we have for big, floaty blobs in the skies, so i'm still curious as to any comment from the witness about "lights" and changing morphology (shape) beeing seen when it was as closest. In the material I can not discern such details. Were it a commercial balloon, it would be well cool! So why would it only be seen in sao paolo in the 90's? I DO find that... Odd.

P.S
CGI? Give it up busters!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anarkhy

Originally posted by iorda
reply to post by 11one11

cheers...

iorda

Voce mora perto dela? Poderia conseguir uma copia do video em vhs.

Recebi essa mensagem de um membro do neowin.net

You contacted the woman?! Does she still have the tape? Now, if we could study the original analog tape it might amount to something. I’m an astronomy researcher at UC Berkeley, and I have access to be best people in the world for the analysis of this kind of thing.

So could she send you teh tape?

Se estiver interessado em enviar o video para analise eu pego o email do sujeito.

I've confirmed with her a visit where I will get a copy of the tape on VHS, plus she agreed to record an interview...

any suggestions for questions ???

going there tomorrow----

let me know your address so I can send you a copy, Anarkhy

regards,

iorda

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iorda

Thats great iorda. Thank you for reaching out to her. Here are a few things I'd be curious about:

In what direction was she facing when she recorded this object? In relation to the airports.
How did it move? Did it spin, float, was it fast moving etc...
In what direction was it moving?(in order to plot on a map)
About how high was it?
About how big would she estimate it to have been?
Has she seen anything like it since?
Did it look like a hot air balloon to her?
Do hot air balloons normally float thru that area?

Maybe you can take pictures or video of the area from where she filmed it? Just a suggestion.

Thanks again. I look fwd to what you find out.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

This is probably nothing, but note the craft shape from a reported January 8 craft/humanoid sighting, from the list compiled by Albert Rosales. I'm pretty sure it's acknowledged that this archive of humanoid sightings is impartial and accepts any reports found on the internet.

Location. Area of Cape Fear River Wilderness, North Carolina
Date: January 8 2007
Time: night
In a somewhat confused sequence of events, Chris Bledsoe, his 17-year old son, and three friends, Donnie Akerman, David McDonald and a man named Gene were hunting in this isolated area and had set up a fire by the river for the night...
...Suddenly his son came stumbling out of the woods saying that he had seen some strange beings, he seemed terrified and very serious. Around the same time the other men saw what appeared to be 6-8 “stars” fly from different parts in the sky and converge in a group and then all of the sudden three of the objects flew side by side and flew over their heads and landed or went out of sight on the other side of the river about 400 yards away...
...When they made it up the top of a hill Chris slammed on the brakes and was shocked to see a brilliant white egg-shaped object with a tail with long spikes all around the middle of the front section hovering 20 feet over the main road, about 200 yards from them. It looked like the spiked area was making slow revolutions. As the men stared in fear the object seemed to rise up and shot off just over the trees out of sight...
...Chris and his son finally got home (he lived on 6 acres of land) and about 4 hours after arriving there was a noise around the house which sounded like a prop jet flying at tree top level right over the house. He ran out but could see nothing. Within 30 to 45 minutes all his dogs in the kennel were barking frantically, in a manner which usually meant that there was something there that was not supposed to be. His Chesapeake Bay retriever was also barking and looking towards the kennel area. His son was scared but he convinced him to come with to see why the dogs were so stirred up. When he opened the door his retriever took off, running just behind the kennels. She stood there with her hairs standing up barking at something in the bushes behind the kennel. The dog then took off again after whatever it was, followed closely by Chris and his son. They ran down the roads that lead to the kennel to the backyard and the very rear of his property trying to cut off whatever the dog was chasing. When Chris arrived at the Blue Berry Hedge Row at the rear of the property the dog had stopped and was barking in a panic. Chris stopped also staring dumbfounded at a 4 foot tall creature that was also staring at him. The creature looked as if it had a clear glass like covering around it and appeared to have a faint glow of red and “black”. He could not see the face what it looked like it had a pair of goggles and a black or dark covering over the lower part of its face sort of like a mask. The whole body appeared to glow. It then disappeared just as the dog and Chris’s son got right up on it. His son then explained to Chris that it had been the same kind of creature he encountered during the hunting trip earlier.

HC addendum
Source: mufoncms.com...
Type: D

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here's another reply from a balloon company:
There is a balloon, I believe from Sweden, that looks
alot like it, at least from that distance. See if you
can match it up at www.specialshapes.nu.

Barry D

I've been to the site and looked thru the Swedish designs. Couldn't find a match though. I'm going thru the other countries to see if there are any other similar shapes.

EDIT TO ADD: Ok so I have found a balloon based on the email I received that very well could be what this is. I has 12 spikes just like the OP video.

Take a look.

Here is the Brazil object.

Scroll half way down this page to get a bigger pic. Look for G-BZIC - Radiocity

I plan on emailing the comp to find out if they've flown this one in Brazil.

But here's what gets me about this. Its the opening minutes of the Brazil video. The spikes on the object look to be distributed on a horizontal plane.

Here are some snapshots from what looks to be the profile (side view) of the object from a distance, notice the horizontal distribution:

Where's the balloon? The balloon I presented above has spikes that are on a vertical plane, and it seems to me that even from a distance we should be able to see that. Except we don't from the angle of the pics above...They look horizontally distributed...

The mystery continues...

[edit on 13-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here are some further proofs for balloon theory:

Forgetomori's post about this case

And the latest video stabilized and enhanced by spf33:

That's it for me, it's a balloon. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's a ballon

It's a ballon

It's a ballon

come on'

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BreadfanWell, I can't know for certain but I know of lots of UFOs moving in sucha otherwordly way, breaking the laws of physics, dissaperaing and outmaneouvering conventional jets. I used them as my reference. This one is just standing there waiting to be shot down.

Now, I don't know if it's alien or not, but if it was, I think aliens would know we have technology to bring things down. That or they were comfy hovering over some small village knowing there's no millitary around.

I however, don't see any light and still stand firm by my claim it is most likely an earth made object.

You mentioned you're not certain about things then at the same time you imply that what you say is fact. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. I can see why your points are leaning towards the negative side right now.

If aliens exist and have been visiting us for who knows how long, obviously they would know we have weapons. That doesn't mean we can take their craft down though. They could use a type of shield or just completely blink out of one area and pop-up in another or go completely invisible and we wouldn't know what was coming at us.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, but when people claim things they say as fact while at the same time they make it clear they don't know everything about what they're talking about, it's really annoying. People do it on here all the time and it just gets old.

I've seen a UFO. UFO as in it was an unidentied flying object. I have no way of knowing or proving that what I saw a few years ago was alien. All I can say is that it was pretty huge and moved like nothing I've ever seen before and broke all laws of physics. Doesn't prove an alien was controlling it. For all I know it was a secret craft being developed by our military. I'll never say it was 100% alien because I have no facts to back it up with. I will say it's my OPINION that it was alien though because no earthly craft I know of could move like it did. Doesn't mean my opinion is right though simply because it's mine.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
It's a ballon

It's a ballon

It's a ballon

come on'

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about in my last post.

You have no way at all to prove it's a balloon. So stop implying that what you say is fact when you can't prove it. Why can't you and many others on here simply say "In my OPINION, it's a balloon"? There's no reason at all to make a post like you did. It's just immature to post like that.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Ok IMO it's a ballon and you would have to be a loon to think it's a space craft .

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well it can't be a hot-air balloon, right? there can hardly be a burner on that sucker. And were it filled with hot air and released, it would cool and the spikey appearance would go floppy quite qick, right? So a helium or hydrogen balloon should be what it is, were it a balloon.

We should try figuring out the approximate size, i think. As well as possible motives for releasing such a (costly, custom?) balloon with no obvious control of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join