It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiky UFO Brazil

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
olá anarkhy666 , veja , para elucidar: observe desde o começo, ouça as nossas frases,veja que ele abre e fecha,chega a sumir por algum tempo entre as nuvens,quando reaparece,principia a tentativa de se manter aberto, observe a luz que emana de suas garras, veja que elas nao sao exatamente compactas como teria que ser,caso fosse um balão,é algo que parece solto ao vento,

the object opens and closes the spikes some times
it disapears inside the clouds and then come back and try to keep the spikes open
some light is visible (i think not in the video) from the "claws" (spikes)
didnt look to be flying with the wind like a balloon would do, but to be controlled

você vê que quando ele está vindo, nota-se sobre seu corpo, uma especie de cúpula,que parece transparente, e é aí que deixo de acreditar que seja um animal,porque até cheguei a pensar que fosse uma aranha do tamanho (real) de um avião.

when its coming in their direction a transparent dome is visible up his body
at first she thought could be a spider (?) of the same size of a plane (so its bigger than a kite or a balloon)

E tem mais, alguns menos atentos,chegam a dizer que é uma pipa,nao poderia, ia precisar muita linha, ele vem da zona norte e vai para a zona sul, de um extremo ao outro a gravaçao foi feita até o fim, quando desconsolados, constatamos que ele havia se perdido no horizonte.se

it crosses the sky from north to south until the sighting is lost in the horizon

é nocivo ou nao, nao estou qualificada para te responder...isto só saberemos o dia que eles mostrarem o que de fato pretedem. A proposito, o que é rapidshare? nao sou habitual da internete. eu lhe envio sim.

if they have bad intentions she doesnt know and if someone wants the original video she can make it available

Voce pergunta sobre o tamanho : veja, eu o calculo assim: um avião visto no ceu, ou mesmo filmado,veja o tamanho que é visto e lembre qual é o seu real tamanho. bom lembrar que ele está em uma altura maior do que a dos aviões quando passam por aqui...então...

about the size, its the same or bigger than a plane
planes usually fly over that area, the object was at higher altitude than the planes

A camara que o filmou é uma JVCmodelo GR-AX900U- 120 x zoom, e por falar nisso, agora eu tenho certeza da data em que foi filmado, é quase a mesma data da camara, entao nao é 1994, como eu ja respondi para alguem,é julho ou agosto de 1995

the camera used was JVCmodelo GR-AX900U- 120 x zoom
the video was made in july or august of 1995

>Message from Shirley De Queiroz, Sao Paulo, Brazil

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anarkhy

Nice Anarkhy. If she sends you the whole video, please make it available to us.

In her comments, she made some assumptions on the size of the UFO. My question is: how would she know the object was at a higher altitude than airplanes? Perhaps the rest of the video could answer that somehow.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good find dntwastetime,

Very interesting video.
I didn’t see this post before so I did it now.

UPDATE on Possible First Authentic Drone Video
04-Jan-2008

Update: The conversation recorded in the YouTube video referenced in the story below is in a Brazilian Portuguese dialect, probably from the southeastern state of Minas Gerais. The taping is being done by an adult. The children shout about a UFO, and then there is a question about whether or not the object is a hot air balloon. The adult (a mother of some of the children) gets upset and loses the object. When she gets it back in frame in better focus, the arms of the object become visible and it is obviously not a hot air balloon. The woman says it looks like "a God damn huge spider." Thanks to reader/listener Andreas Muller for this information. Keep reading for details.

Source; www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

Originally posted by omnicron

It's aN ODD SHAPED KITE. And to the third poster. This is the problem with believers.

YOU GUYS HAVE TOO MUCH IMAGINATION THAT IT BLINDS YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE LOGICAL ASSESSMENT AND JUDGEMENT. It's a ballon people. MOve on to better things than grainy, shaky, unfocused, unreliable, blurry, pixelated youtube video footage with only an annoying irritating screamng boy who needs to get whacked with a baseball bat as a proof of credibility.

Hi omnicron, are you really such an expert in cases like this, or do I think that because I have to much imagination?
How do you know for shore that it is a kite, because one line later you call it a ballon, do you really know the difference?
Can you explain that a bit to me?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Good find dntwastetime,

Very interesting video.
I didn’t see this post before so I did it now.

UPDATE on Possible First Authentic Drone Video
04-Jan-2008

Update: The conversation recorded in the YouTube video referenced in the story below is in a Brazilian Portuguese dialect, probably from the southeastern state of Minas Gerais. The taping is being done by an adult. The children shout about a UFO, and then there is a question about whether or not the object is a hot air balloon. The adult (a mother of some of the children) gets upset and loses the object. When she gets it back in frame in better focus, the arms of the object become visible and it is obviously not a hot air balloon. The woman says it looks like "a God damn huge spider." Thanks to reader/listener Andreas Muller for this information. Keep reading for details.

Source; www.unknowncountry.com...

Just some useless comments... the dialect is much closer to the one spoken in the city of São Paulo than anything else. But I could notice some small differences when the woman speaks, so my guess is that she's not from São Paulo (perhaps she's really from Minas Gerais, as the article says), but has been living here for a long time.

The adult was actually the grandmother of the children, not the mother.

If I have some time, later on, I'm going to make a full transcript of the conversation. As I said in another post, the conversation is not really useful to determine what the UFO was, but I know people get curious about what they are talking.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I contacted the woman who filmed the ufo. The footage was made in 1995 in VHS.

Download from rapidshare rapidshare.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
But still I would say that this is a hot air balloon, if you check out this balloon site and look in the database you can see how many different shapes they can have.
Still its an interesting video, and it could be anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I thought this thread had fizzled away like all the other ones with interesting video. This was a nice surprise to come back and see the updates on this sighting. Thanks for all the translations, it helps to hear from the person who filmed it.

I downloaded the video but couldn't get it to play on my mac. Anyone else encounter this issue?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anarkhy

Great! I am downloading it right now.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muriaz
But still I would say that this is a hot air balloon, if you check out this balloon site and look in the database you can see how many different shapes they can have.
Still its an interesting video, and it could be anything.

Definitely could be anything. But a hot air balloon? With moving spikes? In 1994?

Whomever has been in contact with the person who filmed this, is there any way that you could ask her where exactly this was filmed(so we could plot it on a map) and if there are any nearby airports around?

She mentions that this object was higher than the flying airplanes, which could indicate that there's an airport in the area that this was filmed. And if that's the case then I'm wondering how is it that hot air balloons are permitted to float thru busy airspace?

EDIT to add: Could you also ask if it is(was) familiar to see hot air balloons hovering in that area?

[edit on 8-1-2008 by 11one11]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The video was filmed in Sao Paulo, Jardim Brasil

Paste this in google maps jardim brasil, sao paulo, brasil

you can see where it was filmed

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Anarkhy]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, I live nearby the area where she said she filmed the UFO. I can answer all of your question...

There's an aiport near enough here so that we can see airplanes most of the time. It's the International Airport of São Paulo, in a nearby region called Guarulhos. It's also know as Airport of Guarulhos. I'm gonna try to use Google Earth to give a better location.

And if that's the case then I'm wondering how is it that hot air balloons are permitted to float thru busy airspace?

Because this is Brazil.
I know there's laws that restrict hot balloons in certain regions (even possibly restrict everywhere), but sometimes it's difficult to enforce laws around here.

I mean, hot balloons are not that common around here, but I definately see at least one balloon per year, on average. So I thinks it's common enough for a person to film it, but not that common to cause much trouble.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 11one11

Can you see Jardim Brasil in the middle? Now, move to the northeast a bit and you'll see the airport.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by borek]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
These balloons have been made for a long time, even before 1994. These guys have been making them since 1995, they design and creates hot air balloons. And they are located in Brazil.

When it comes to flying in restricted airspace, the balloons moves with the wind. So a sudden change of the direction could take it completely off course.

I have no idea with the moving spikes. Are we sure that they are moving, or could it be a illusion in the film when the craft comes closer and gets clearer?
I sure don't know, but it is one of the most interesting films I've ever seen

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by borek

Thanks for the information,

Are you near where this was filmed?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muriaz
These balloons have been made for a long time, even before 1994. These guys have been making them since 1995, they design and creates hot air balloons. And they are located in Brazil.

They do make one that is some what similar to what was captured. Although in the film there doesn't seem to be that classic hot air balloon shape.

I have reached out to them and some others regarding the craft and if it is like anything they've seen or manufacture.

I've gotten back one reply so far:
Hello-
Interesting video. Wish I had an answer for you :-)
Best Regards,
Lisa Kempner
Lindstrand Balloons USA

Not much help there. Will post any other replies I receive.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11one11
reply to post by borek

Thanks for the information,

Are you near where this was filmed?

Yes. I'm not gonna say how near let alone exactly where, because I'm a bit paranoid, hehe. But anyone of the forums moderators can track my ip to at least the city of São Paulo, if necessary.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by omnicron

Originally posted by omnicron

It's aN ODD SHAPED KITE. And to the third poster. This is the problem with believers.

YOU GUYS HAVE TOO MUCH IMAGINATION THAT IT BLINDS YOUR ABILITY TO MAKE LOGICAL ASSESSMENT AND JUDGEMENT. It's a ballon people. MOve on to better things than grainy, shaky, unfocused, unreliable, blurry, pixelated youtube video footage with only an annoying irritating screamng boy who needs to get whacked with a baseball bat as a proof of credibility.

Hi omnicron, are you really such an expert in cases like this, or do I think that because I have to much imagination?
How do you know for shore that it is a kite, because one line later you call it a ballon, do you really know the difference?
Can you explain that a bit to me?

Lol, don't worry, I'm pretty sure I scared omnicron off this thread...
see pages 3 and 4...

If I didn't scare him off, then he simply gave up on the thread because he hasn't posted since.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here's a map showing Jardim Brasil(A), where the object was filmed, and its proximity to the International airport(B). Google maps says that the distance(the highlighted route) is about 20km (~12miles). But if we take a more direct measurement to the airport then the distance is roughly 13km (~8miles).

I grew up in an an area of ny that's about 8 miles from La Guardia airport. And planes flew over all the time. Safe to say I'd never seen a hot air balloon floating around although on occasion we'd get blimps. (flying to shea stadium, or the us open)

If we can find out in which direction (if she remembers) she was facing when filming then we might be able to better gauge whether this thing was in the potential flight path of planes approaching and taking off from the airport there.

Now if she was filming in the opposite direction, curiously there is another airfield called
'Base Aerea de Marte'. Any of our Brazilian friends here know if this is military?

Check it out:
This one is roughly 9km away from Jardim Brasil I believe. It's marked C on the map.

Note:
Looks like Base de Marte is used for air shows.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11one11
Now if she was filming in the opposite direction, curiously there is another airfield called
'Base Aerea de Marte'. Any of our Brazilian friends here know if this is military?

It is better known as Campo de Marte.

It's not military, just a small airport that mostly comports small airplanes (some for flight schools) and helicopters. São Paulo is known to have one of the largest private helicopter fleet in the world, so Campo de Marte is quite a busy airport.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join