It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Because not all of our founding fathers were Freemasons or any part of a secret society along with the fact that Christianity is so prominant, it's what makes this country so great. If you are a Christian, just like myself, then just be happy to know that the birth of Christ replaces a pegan holiday, LOL!

Anyway, I think the real reason for secrecy like Skull and Bones is to keep this country the strongest among others economically.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by spirit7]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I will just add to this, ill comment on it all later!

Got tons of these, i found this in less than 2 minutes searching my HD!
Saying that Washington and Paris etc, isn't influenced by masonry is utter BS. What we can debate however is, does it mean anything?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

Well, welcome spirit...

You see, not all Americans are Christians, but all are welcomed...even Christians.

In fact, our recently celebrated 'birth' of a Messiah (a person originally thought to be a Jewish King) is steeped in Pagan ritual.

By the way, in no way should a National identity by based on any religion. That was, after all, the point of escaping the Church of England. (Oversimplification, I know, but as they broke from England they recognized that any political system should always be free of 'religious' influences).

Freedom of Religion does not mean that any particular religion is better than any other. Acceptance is the key in this equation, in order to 'form a more perfect Union...'

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Freedom of Religion does not mean that any particular religion is better than any other. Acceptance is the key in this equation, in order to 'form a more perfect Union...' "

That's true, for the most part. I mean, I don't believe that Jesus was only a prophet, I believe that he truly is my lord and savior. What is great about this country is the freedom in much the same way that God himself gave us freewill. Hey, what is the meaning behind your screen name?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tetragrammaton

I'm sure I'll regret this...

As I and others have already said, the architects of DC wanted to create a capitol that was filled with splendor to rival all the great ancient societies of the world. The reason is obvious - the United States wanted to project a image of power and prestige. It is completely unsurprising that obelisks appear throughout the world, as other countries have had this same idea.

Also, you should really check your images. The pentagram - yeah, the same one that mason conspiracy theorists keep showing - IS NOT A FULL PENTAGRAM. An ENTIRE POINT IS MISSING! How COULD a secret cabal of masons plot this stuff out and then miss an entire point? Or could it be that you are looking so hard for signs you find stuff that does not exist...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

spirit, meaning behind my screen name?

I was thinking about yard work...you know, the things that trim the lawns? I call 'em weedwhackers. Most of my several 'first' ideas for a name were already taken. Guess I'm not very original...

But, thanks, and welcome. It is true, we are allowed to believe anything in a free society. We must all remember that, and not allow that right to be compromised.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you sir, I am 100 percent in agreement and on board with that. I guess I got a little carried away.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Excuse me, Tetra...

your post above, one outlined in red, is very pretty, but it is a MODERN (Google Earth??) satellite photo. I mean, the Pentagon (the one in Virginia, not the imaginary design based on the streets) was built in the 1940s...yet you include it, with that red line, for...what reason, exactly?

Pierre Charles L'Enfant lived in the late 18th Century. He was commissioned to design the Nation's Capital (after it was decided that New York and Philadelphia were less defensible) in the area where we now know it exists. An area that was very far upriver, even though it was a hot sweltering swamp in the summer...

Access to DC from the Atlanic requires a long journey up the Potomac, and of course, at Great Falls, further upriver past DC, the Potomac is not navigable except by kayak, if you're adventurous. So there was no 'back door' for the enemy to sneak through, by ship. Yes, there was a British attack in the early 1800s, but not up the Potomac...and it obviously was a failure.

I'm just a pop historian...any real scholars out there who would care to chime in?

Thanks

[edit text]

[edit on 28-12-2007 by weedwhacker]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Needed to add, to Tetra, and all else reading...

Your bright red 'border' on the pic of DC does not include the entire, original District of Columbia as originally laid out. I am sorry to point this out, but I live in a part of Arlington, Virginia, that used to lie within the original boundary. I know where the Pentagon is in relation to my house...and my house is NOT within the boundary you seem to have arbitrarily 'drawn' inside the bright red border.

Just thought full clarity should prevail on this, the ATS forum...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Yes, there was a British attack in the early 1800s, but not up the Potomac...and it obviously was a failure.

I'm just a pop historian...any real scholars out there who would care to chime in?

Actually, the British attack you refer to is the War of 1812 burning of Washington in August 1814 referred to here. Obviously not a failure. What was a failure in that sojourn was the attack on Fort McHenry in Baltimore which among other things led to the U.S. national anthem. For example, "the rocket's red glare" refers to Congreve rockets that were lobbed at its reinforced stone walls; good for intimidation but precious little else.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok so thus far, I have shown that Not only the commanding General of the Continental Army was a Mason but almost 50% of the Generals that served under him where also Freemasons. Also significant percentages of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution were also Freemasons, now we will look at the designers of Washington DC and see what we find.

The Masonic influence in the city’s design is unmistakable, and indeed is still often denounced by conservative Christians as a satanic conspiracy. George Washington was of course a Freemason (as attested by the huge Masonic Memorial that stands in his honor in Alexandria, Virginia). He commissioned fellow Mason Andrew Ellicott to be America’s first Surveyor General. Together with the African-American tobacco grower and amateur astronomer Benjamin Banneker, Ellicott laid out the Federal District. The District is a perfect square ten miles on a side, but rotated 45 degrees so that it resembles the Masonic symbol of a square and compass. The city’s central north-south axis runs along 16th Street, NW, Lafayette Park, the White House and thence through what is now the Jefferson Memorial. L’Enfant planned a “grand avenue” running west from the Capitol to the Potomac River. The point at which it intersected the 16th Street axis was to be the zero mile marker for the United States, and the site of a proposed equestrian statue of Washington. Instead, the country ultimately decided to honor him on that spot with a gigantic Masonic obelisk, ultimately to be moved a few hundred feet to the east due to fears about building on soggy ground closer to the river.
L’Enfant’s Washington

Now the argument about the symbolism in both the design and architecture of Washington DC as it being a copy of past civilization just does not hold weight IMO. The Masons and other secret societies planned our capital to be one huge symbol for the entire world to see, both in its layout and architecture, not coincidence But a deliberate action. The imperfections in its design are because of natural defects in the land itself.

More proof that the USA was founded by secret societies, because these societies apparently held all of the power to make decisions and carry them out.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The city was designed by Freemasons, many of the founding Fathers were Freemason, most of them were not true "Christians" but were "Deists". the idea that our country was founded as a "Christian" country is absurd and only perpetrated by Christo-Fascist terrorists and warmongers. Take your death cult to the middle-east and duke it out with the other nut jobs please.

Oh, neat diagrams and pictures.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Tetra, have you got any overhead maps of Philadelphia, New York, Chicago, or maybe Charleston SC so that some of us could try overlaying the symbology there too?

Oh, and that tripod pic reminds me of my camera tripod, my survey tripod, and my green bean stakes. Even tho I'm not a Mason, maybe I am in a subliminal way.

Does this mean that Native American teepees prove they're Masons, too?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ffs uploaded them last night and now they are already bugged!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

True.

In fact, Washington and fellow brothers would sometimes hold a lodge in the battle camps.

Make shift alter and all.

But I must ask...

What the hell is your point?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Thus far, you have shown nothing. You have shown that 46% of the generals were masons. Did you know 100% of them were male? Why is it you do not show us a male conspiracy? After all, if more than one person shares a characteristic IT MUST be a conspiracy!

You continue to ignore the truth. There is no conspiracy, and as much as you want there to be one no amount of non-sequitur logical fallacies will create one.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

Careful, your zealous foaming at the mouth hatred for religion is showing. Please get the facts straight before you spread lies. Take your own hate religion cult to the middle east and duke it out with the fanatics in the region - you'd be right up their alley with your fanaticism.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

Thus far, you have shown nothing. You have shown that 46% of the generals were masons. Did you know 100% of them were male? Why is it you do not show us a male conspiracy? After all, if more than one person shares a characteristic IT MUST be a conspiracy!

I disagree with you, and your Opinion won't change my mind, or make things Fact

You continue to ignore the truth. There is no conspiracy, and as much as you want there to be one no amount of non-sequitur logical fallacies will create one.

Again I disagree with you, the USA is a creation of the NWO groups, and is a Tool of the same NWO groups, it is our purpose.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I disagree with you, and your Opinion won't change my mind, or make things Fact

What are you disagreeing with him about? .. About 46% being Masons or them all being male? ....

Again I disagree with you, the USA is a creation of the NWO groups, and is a Tool of the same NWO groups, it is our purpose.

Ah.. the NWO boogy man. What exactly is the "NWO"?

And don't give me a lame regurgitation from another website. Sometimes if you say it in your own word you realize how absolutely childish and uneducated it sounds.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I will post as I wish!

A New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) refers to a conspiracy theory, in which a powerful and secretive group is to be conspiring to eventually rule the world via an autonomous world government, which would replace sovereign states and other checks and balances in world power struggles. In the new world order, many significant occurrences are caused by a powerful secret group. Historical and current events are seen as steps in an on-going plot to rule the world primarily through a combination of political finance, social engineering, mind control, and fear-based propaganda.
New World Order (conspiracy theory)

Does it exist? Yes I do think so. Can I prove it? I'm trying. Will they succeed? They seem to be.

Will it be good if they do succeed?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join