It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescued teen: 'I didn't think we were going to make it'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Rescued teen: 'I didn't think we were going to make it'

www.cnn.com

A father and his three children who spent three days lost in the snowy California woods sang songs as they waited in a culvert for help to arrive.

"I'm glad I'm home. Praise God," Dominguez told reporters after exiting a chopper at the search command post. "It was awful."

Asked how he survived, he replied, "Jesus Christ."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In a yaer that so many are out to destroy the true meaning of Christmas an inspirational and beautiful story as this has come just in the nick of time with Christmas just peaking around the corner. It lightens your heart to hear such a touching story ecspecially at this time of year. .... Here was a true Christmas Miracle...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Neariah]

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Neariah]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
They ever hear of taking a compass and map?

Dunno how not to make that a one liner.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Why would they go into the forest to cut down a Christmas tree when they can just head to the local nursery or Home Depot? Yeah its going to cost $ but its better then risking your life in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Honestly I don't understand it either.... how far is too far ya know... when do you stop walking and say oh no... I think I'm lost...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
They were just going out to do it the old fashion way and have fun cutting down a tree for Christmas. They were unprepared and came close to not making it back. Not much to not understand about it. I wonder if they'll do it again or just buy one already cut next time.

I'm very happy they were recued and will have a story to tell on Christmas every year. They now know that nature is not always a beautiful thing and a tree is not worth your life.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I just don't think that I could sit on the side of the road for three days. You start walking, you either end up on a dead end or another road. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure. Strange things happen. But I would do something.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well I dunno... if I was stuck on the side of the road... I would start walking depending on the weather... but I think I would have tried build a fire or something.. always carry a lighter or matches in your pocket my friends.
definitly an awesome story to tell every christmas.. it made the headlines

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
At least this guy remembered to take a saw with him. Seriously though, it's good to hear that they made it home in one piece.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
How do I delete this post? lol
I messed up.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Radekus]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Who would of went walking? The father has three kids to take care of so he couldn't leave them on there own. I imagine he wouldn't want one of his kids going off alone either. So they stuck it out knowing they would be missed by the mother and loved ones. It's always good to let someone know where you are going just in case something happens like this. Now if I was going up there and didn't tell anyone where I was going and had my kids with me, then I would definetly try to get back to the truck with them. But a winter storm can confuse you and make you go deeper into the forest instead of the right way. No sun, no sky, no direction to see in a snow storm. But they are safe and sound back in the comfort of their home. Good news for a change.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I too have three children ages 6,8,12. They too could walk with me down the road. I can't say i wouldn't get lost, I have. [not really I just didn't know where I was!]
But come on with three kids in tow some form of preparedness was in order. It is good to see them safe though no doubt. Hindsight is of course 20/20

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

I have a feeling they didn't pay attention when going into the woods. They went looking for a tree and didn't pay any attention to their surroundings. I would want to take my kids and go too, but like you said. Hind sight is 20/20 and we would have to be there to know what really happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wonder if he will be charge of child endangerment, after taking his three under age children into the woods in this time of the year.

Perhaps the charges will come quietly as no to spoil the holiday miracle.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What is wrong with doing it the old way? One of the things that has ruined Christiamas is that everyone does do things the way you all are suggesting. "Just go to the Nursery, Home Depot, blah,blah,blah." Christmas is about being with family and thanking something which is above and beyond you for what humanity has been given...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I find very family fitting to want and get a tree for Christmas out in the woods.

I guess is free as long as is not laws in that particular state when it comes to tree cuttings without permission.

But if that is what the family want it to do, been a time of the year that can cause more harm than family experience, the father should had prepared himself and its children with all the necessarily means to avoid a possible tragedy.

In other worlds and been more crude, he was a very irresponsible father because he wanted a free tree.

top topics

join