It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lets talk electricity. Where will you get it?

Wind farms? who will make the wind mills for you?

Will you buy power from existing power plants? What is your money source?

Your own power plants? Do you have coal and/or natural gas reserves? Do you have oil reserves? (say hello to OPEC)

refineries? steel factories? who will you import from? Again, what will you use as money?

Steam power? maybe, but, also requires natural resources.

Trucks? cars? wagons? ......... is there industry for any of it? If you buy it, again, what is your money source?

Modern machinery and house hold tools will be fun to come by.

These are all MODERN things.

This is not the same world as at the onset of Europe's invasion of the americas later to be followed by the USA takeover and further invasion of the americas.

The break up of Russia may be a glimmer of hoap. What did all of the break off countries do?

the break up of Czek? What did they do?

Will the United Nations recognize you or ask the US to take care of its dirty laundry?

If you think Indian Nations are 3rd world now, wait and see at the onset of their independence.

Cheap labor rates may be your way out.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
*shakes his head*

I am saddend that its come to this. I believe that withdrawing like they wish will only be a death warrant to their ways, as they will be assimilated and consumed by the corporations and their desire for profit. But let it be known that there are some among the Native's numbers that are corrupt as well and would do anything to get what they want. Eventually the old will be replaced by the new and the ways of old will be locked up in a museum, with all the other lost forgotten practices and laws only to be viewed for a price....

What everyone (all nations) needs to understand is that we live on this rock together, and even though we don't always agree we all bleed the same. Blood is blood no matter how you look at it. If you have to fight because of something you believe in then you are lost. Life is whats important for without it, you wouldn't exist.

-Aza

link   
Hi everyone,
I took the liberty of going to the website of lakotasforfreedom.com and contacting the admins there. Here is a copy of my e-mail to them:

Hi,
I belong to a discussion forum called, www.abovetopsecret.com .
You have many supporters there, not only in the U.S. but many other countries. There are questions being raised that I think only a member of the Lakota tribe can answer. Would you kindly accept this invitation and join us there? We would be honored.
Here is the topic link
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Hopefully one of the admins there will accept the invitation and join us.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by sizzle]

link   
I'd like to add this to the thread: (sorry if already posted)

...there were no tribal presidents in the group which made the announcement, no one from the top ranks of any of the Lakota Sioux tribes. The timing with the LNI was curious. Russell Means has been known to stage public events to get his message out, and there are some Lakotas who don’t feel Means speaks for them.

Link.

Sounds like a publicity stunt...nothing more.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
50% of the Indian population lives on a reservation, and 50% of them on the reservations are unemployed with a large percentage of those who do have work live well under the poverty level. Education and health care is also the worst in the country too.

As part of the treaties many tribes get funds from the government while other get none, but all get welfare and other government subsidies as any other American whose income is low enough to qualify for get.

This poor lifestyle is created by the fact that most reservations are out in the middle of no were, and so industries are far and few. The other part to this problem is the inherent tribal sovereignty that the treaties provide that created a “government-to-government” setup between tribal and the federal governments. This allowed the Indians to do what they may for the most part, and what they have done with this level of independence from the federal government is spelled out in my opening paragraph.

Without treaties how can they do a better job that they have failed to do so far. Add in the lost of all subsidies and any treaty commitments the federal government provides or honors and their life will only get extremely worst than it is right now for sovereignty has been a curse more than anything else.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is the reply from that site so far. Hopefully they can sift through all their correspondence and get to us quickly:

Thank you for your email. We are experiencing a high volume of
incoming messages. If you are a member of the media, we will get back
to you in a short time. Other inquiries will be responded to as soon
as possible.
Pilameya.
Lakota

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I would like to read comments from the Lakota spokesperson.

Everything I am asking is not meant to ridicule. On the contrary, they are very serious issues for any nation. New or old.

I did not make the rules on how things work in the world today.

If this is a publicity stunt, shame on he/she who did it. That would deface the Lakota.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Was just thinking that perhaps that invitation I extended, may have more impact if it had come from S.O. or any one of the three amigos.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For those interested, I found a 'Declaration of Continuous Independence,' write-up from the Lakotas. here is an excerpt:

We reject all executive orders, legislative acts and judicial decisions of the United
States related to Native Nations since 1871, when the United States unilaterally
suspended treaty- making relations with the Native Nations. This includes, but is not
limited to, the Major Crimes Act, the General Allotment Act, the Citizenship Act of
1924, the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934, the Indian Claims Commission Act, Public
Law 280 and the Termination Act. All treaties made between Native Nations and the
United States made prior toe 1871 shall be recognized without further need of
interpretation.
We hereby ally ourselves with the colonized Puerto Rican People in their struggle
for Independence from the same United States of America.
We recognize that there is only one color of Mankind in the world who are not
represented in the United Nations; that is the indigenous Redman of the Western
Hemisphere. We recognize this lack of representation in the United Nations comes from
the genocidal policies of the colonial power of the United States.
The International Indian Treaty Council established by this conference

link: www.lakotafreedom.com...

[edit on 21-12-2007 by sizzle]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
THE WORLD REVOLVES ON MONEY AND ASSETS.

You will not survive on your own.

I did not set the standard.

Believing that money is your bread and water will win you neither bread nor water. Provide for yourself man. Many people survive even today with no money or assets
it's not like oxygen. If you can find food you can survive. The Lakota own ranch land and cattle, reservations have healthy deer population, who knows how much they can depend on themselves.

Survival doesn't really require money. Ask any ranch owner.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm happy if this is really happening.

But I can't find any official Sioux sites that make mention of this. Is this four guys or actual tribe (s) ?

Even if it is a publicity stunt, this is an excellent time to get loud with all the presidential hoopla.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Unless I read the info wrong, this is NOT something the Lakota nation IS going to do, but they have already done it.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yes, I read it correctly. Here is an excerpt:

During the week of December 17-19, 2007, we traveled to Washington DC and withdrew from the constitutionally mandated treaties to become a free and independent country. We are alerting the Family of Nations we have now reassumed our freedom and independence with the backing of Natural, International, and United States law.

We do not represent those BIA or IRA governments beholden to the colonial apartheid system, or those "stay by the fort" Indians who are unwilling claim their freedom.

www.lakotafreedom.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
Even if they do succeed in gaining independence they'd be in the same boat as Cuba, choked to death economically by the U.S.

I was going to post something on the same lines. All the US would have to do is issue an embargo on the new Nations. Unlike Cuba they are land-locked. The US would effectively control all airspace surrounding their land & could block all traffic, by air, land or river. No chance of their pulling this off in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For further reading, here is an excerpt from their withdrawal letter:

Should the United States and its subordinate governments choose not to act in good faith concerning the rebirth of
our nation, we hereby advise the United States Government that Lakotah will begin to administer liens against real
estate transactions within the five state area of Lakotah.
Lakotah, through its government, appointed the following representatives to withdraw from all the treaties with the
United States of America based on the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties entered into force in 1980 and the
U.N. Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples 2007:
Teghiya

www.lakotafreedom.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Many are going to follow them, even those that are not of Native American blood. This is will be a catalyst for something very unique.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The question that came to my mind immediately is why now? Does someone have a clue?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
OK, so the federal government puppets that call themselves the tribal governments of the Lakota Nations are meeting Rapids City Tomorrow.

Guess we will wait and see what they have to say, however the response is expected to be condemnation of this uprising.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
The question that came to my mind immediately is why now? Does someone have a clue?

It has been in the works for some time, however the recent UN resolution helped things along.

That and eventually you just get tired of looking at your entire race existing only in 3rd world conditions.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

All the US would have to do is issue an embargo on the new Nations. Unlike Cuba they are land-locked. The US would effectively control all airspace surrounding their land & could block all traffic, by air, land or river.

The argument that the Lakota people face failure due to "reliance" on the U.S. is missing the entire point. A trade embargo, extinction of currency, airspace control, lack of energy resources, no federal welfare etc. are all irrelevant.

The whole point is to NOT be reliant upon the U.S. And if you question the feasibility of living without U.S. support just think about the fact that these indigenous nations did it for eons before the white man tainted their sustainable ways of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join