It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo2.0

And I call them indians, not out of disprespect. but because that is what theyre generally known as being

Newsflash, we call ourselves indians.

Anyone who takes pains to do otherwise is probably white, liberal, PC, and possibly a school teacher.

But the fact that you THOUGHT it was something derogatory and did it anyway tells us a little about you.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzle
reply to post by semperfoo2.0

Why would the NA's want to leave their sovereign land and blend with the rest of society?

If they truly want success, that is the only way for them to go.

I suppose by society, you mean be more white.

Be more white? The only ones discriminating are you ppl. DId you know that the richest, most business savvy race in america is actually indians (from india)? It seems the "white" way worked for them pretty damn well... wouldnt you say? You ppl are rediculous.. -and that was sarcasm.

At least on their appointed land, they can form their own governments and continue the traditions of their beliefs. Many of them are far less concerned with material gain than they are with moral principles. They are taking steps to become more educated.

and thats fine. but forming their own state...its kinda a moot point. most americans wouldnt tolerate it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

hey skip, care to show me where I was trying to use it in a derogatory term? I even said that I didnt mean any disrespect after the fact.. Hell i dont know every tribes name....

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I hate to say this..... and I am sure I will burn in hell for saying it.....but....here it goes:

The only reason the indians have territory inside the US today is because the US allows it. In today's day and age.

I don't care how bad that may sound or what implications it may imply.

Again, if for 1 minute you think the US will allow a nation to exist inside its own borders......you have a rude awakening coming.

The indians lost. Sorry. They lost. The US controls them now no matter what anyone thinks. Their existance as an 'entity' is allowed.

I am not avocating genocide. I am not even hinting at it. Just so no one goes off on a tangent.

Conformity is more like it. You can believe and pray to anything you want. Hunt animals. Grow crops......etc...but....you will do it as an American citizen though. Like it or not.

Let me be the first to say............"Welcome to the melting Pot that is the United States of America"

I take you by the hand fellow American and say welcom to the land of opportunity and HIGH Criticism. Stay away from the EU. They hate us.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

very cruel to the race of the red man.

Me thank you plenty for help, but me not red, me tan.

Seriously, can people be any more condescending?

Hi cavscout,
I took another look at this post. I apologize if my remarks seem condescending. I don't appreciate being condescended to either, so I would hope that I would never intentionally do that to someone else.
If my referral of the term, 'red-man' was the mitigating factor, I apologize even further. But recently I was doing research for my topic on American Indian Christmas traditions, and even the owners of these NA websites refer to themselves as 'the red man.' So once again I apologize if my statements seemed other than the way I intended. Peace?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"Our withdrawal (from the treaties) is fully thought out," Means said, referring to peace treaties the Lakota people signed with the government in 1851 and 1868. "We were mandated by our elders in 1974 to do two things. First, to establish relationships with the international community... and the second mandate, of course, was to reestablish our independence."

Bolivian Ambassador Gustavo Guzman, who attended the press conference out of solidarity, said he takes the Lakotas' declaration of independence seriously.

"We are here because the demands of indigenous people of America are our demands," Guzman said. "We have sent all the documents they presented to the embassy to our ministry of foreign affairs in Bolivia and they'll analyze everything."

www.argusleader.com.../20071220/NEWS/712200347/1001

I think that says it all really... good luck Lakota

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

well said. Im sorry If i offended anyone with what I said earlier. The best thing for the modern day indian/tribes is to blend in in todays society and become a part of the "melting pot". America truly is the land of opportunity. You dont have to renounce your cultural heritage, just become a productive member of AMERICAN society. We all live on this land, and we all need to work together instead of isolating ourselves and blaming the government for all our problems. The government is doing its best to help the native american man out. Become a productive member of society, because that is truely the only way for life to get better for our fellow indians.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

What about the fact that the land was theirs in the first place?

Well you could divide up the whole world differently with that point of view. We could also say that Russia owns America since that is where the Indians came from. We can even go farther back to some guy living in a grass hut in Africa that owns the world.

Also just how much of America would be actually theirs? Just because they lived in an area does that mean they own 1000 Sq miles or 10,000? How do you define what land is whose and how much?

Having your own country and living free with no taxes is great until the infrastructure needs repairs, also no government subsidies would start to suck too. Then some corporate moves in and they become the new cheap labor that is abused for maximum profits.

I wish them well…

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
The indians lost. Sorry. They lost. The US controls them now no matter what anyone thinks. Their existance as an 'entity' is allowed.

Yes, you are right. We lost, get over it, stop bitching. I have always said the same thing.

HOWEVER, getting over the past and looking to the future are two different things. In this age the emergence of a Lakota state is entirely possible. After all, I don’t think the world can turn a blind eye to US Cavalry horses (funny I said that, being a US Cavalry Scout myself) crushing the skulls of innocent infants.

I also don’t think the US will be so quick to use biological warfare to wipe half of us out this time, either.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo2.0
The government is doing its best to help the native american man out.

Yeah, I am sorry but there is no way in a million years with a million links that you can back that statement up.

Why am I still talking to you? I dont hink I care to anymore. Have fun durring what will probably be your very short stay on ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
interesting how the major news outlets think britneys spears 16 year old sister being knocked up is more important than this... gotta love the US of A.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Yes, you are right. We lost, get over it, stop bitching. I have always said the same thing.

HOWEVER, getting over the past and looking to the future are two different things. In this age the emergence of a Lakota state is entirely possible. After all, I don’t think the world can turn a blind eye to US Cavalry horses (funny I said that, being a US Cavalry Scout myself) crushing the skulls of innocent infants.

I also don’t think the US will be so quick to use biological warfare to wipe half of us out this time, either.

You didn't just say "crush innocent infants".
Tell me you didn't say that. Looking for sympathy?

And yes I am sure the treads on tanks are covered in the blood of innocent civilians. (pick your favorite war)

You will not see an independant Indian state. Sorry to say that. I am not saying that its not their right.....I am saying it will not happen.

Lets wait and see what happens.

My money is on nothing will happen. Why, it carries no force. No consequence. No validity.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Peace?

It's all good, I am sorry.

Were cool.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

When you say "we lost" why is it that you associate with something that happened in our history? I guess I could sue the German Government over WWII and what they did to my more resent German relatives who were killed.

We are both Americans since we were both born here, and being both Americans we follow the same government.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There will be NO MORE racist slander in this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfoo2.0

Not since DonGuilermo have I thought someone should banned as much as this guy.

Can we please get this thread back to where it was before the last few pages of racist crap?

Whats really going on here?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
well now, this is very interesting indeed!!!!!! there is one
thing. there are forces in government who ARE capable of
causing devastating harm to the movement. please be careful...
may the ancestors guide your every move.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Morning masqua and welcome back sizzle, good to see you.

I've just been checking some of the pow wow type forums out there related to all tribes and things are hotting up on this subject in those forums too.

Seems this s a very hot topic all over the net right now.

Lots share the same thoughts and questions we are all asking, mostly about health and infrastructure.

IMO, if none of this had been thought out before hand then this move would never have been taken by any sane person.

As was stated in the text I posted just a few posts back "everything has been thought out".

You don't go to do a parachute jump without a parachute.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join