It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Glenn Beck 12/18/07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Any of you get a chance to catch this? I had a few thoughts about the interview.......

Do you feel RP was given a fair shake?

Do you think Glenn was scared of the Youtube video he palyed for RP during the break? (If anyone could find that and link it that would be great!)

Do you think he was given air time due to the recent financial contributions to his political campaign and they took notice of the $$$ or out of fear of the extremist fringe movement that has attached itself to RP?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobious411

I think Ron Paul was given a fair chance and I am thankful to Glenn Beck for that. I still think he's a puppet, but he gained respect points for giving a fair chance. He didn't interrupt, he didn't dodge Ron Paul's main selling points, he didn't attack him like Bill O'Reilly would if that were his interview. It was very fair.

Glenn looked scared of the death threats he was getting, but that seemed to me like a small shot at Ron Paul and his supporters than anything. I know that these people who issued the threat claim they're Ron Paul supporters, but does that make it so?

I can go threaten Hilary Clinton and claim I'm an Obama supporter - does that make it so? And more importantly, does that make every Obama supporter a terrorist? Does that mean every Obama supporter wishes that upon Hilary simply because I claimed to support him?

No, absolutely not.

To Glenn Beck's credit, he did acknowledge that a very small number of Ron Paul supporters would do such a thing and he never implied that all supporters of Ron Paul would threaten someone for different views.

But on the other side of that, he never admitted the possibility that these people aren't really Ron Paul supporters. I don't know if they are or aren't, but it's still a possibility and that needs to be addressed. It's a very real possibility, unfortunately, because there could be some people out there who make that threat to reflect poorly on Ron Paul supporters.

The reason I lean slightly towards it being somebody who isn't a real Ron Paul supporter is because Ron Paul supporters value freedom. We want freedom. With freedom comes freedom of speech. Freedom of speech means the right to disagree and hold opposite views. Simply because Beck may have opposite views would never make Ron Paul supporters threaten him.

Yes, Ron Paul supporters get frustrated with media censorship of him and tend to get motivated to use grassroots means of 'fighting back', in a sense - but to jump to threatening death? That's a stretch. I know there very well could be loose nuts out there, but it just doesn't seem like the typical Ron Paul supporter to threaten someone over opposite views.

I think the financial success of Ron Paul contributed to the interview, but I've been seeing Ron Paul's name on CNN, Yahoo, and others, so maybe it's just getting harder to suppress him? Maybe - unlike the 9/11 Truth Movement - the grassroots Ron Paul movement is having success and is making a difference. I personally think it's well organized and has the most motivated supporters, and it's showing.

They can't keep him hidden forever. To quote a very successful revolutionary: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

They ignored Ron Paul at first. Then, led by FOX, they laughed at Ron Paul. Then, in the debates and the media, they fought Ron Paul by attacking his views and his supporters. But now we've gotten to the "then you win" part. Ron Paul's campaign is breaking through, and freedom is finally starting to win.

The people in this country want change. Not minor change. Not 'it'll get us by for a few years' change. Permanent major good for the people change. I think it's definitely showing.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
GLENN BECK IS A MEDIA WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

glenn beck should get his _ss beat.

i so wish paul was a better arguer, trash talker
when beck asks paul about the trhreats paul would say::

in a joking kidding matter----:well glenn did u deserve it??? "what answer from me are u lokking for? and what does this have to do with me running for president???well glenn my supporters are sick and tired of the media biased, derailment and blackout of my campaign

beck will get a nice bonus check in the mail---he did wonderful smearing paul

does glenn beck really think ron paul has anything to do with or control over what supporters may do???? he can't be this dumb--well maybe

i told my mom to watch for all the diggs, and negative contotations thrown in throughout the hour----she now clearly sees what i am talking about.

this did nothing to help the average american dewcide who ron paul is or what he stands for-----all it did was make him sound crazy.

if i didn't do the homework and know the truth--i wouldn't vote for him either.

that hour of tv was absolutely disgusting

and today the fcc decides to allow more media consolidation, even after repeated public outcries to vote no---where are we headed????

sorry if i strayed off topic but i feel better now----let me know i can't be alone on this

i want to fight beck in a boxing match---it can even benefit a charity of his choice

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I guess Beck was right about some Ron Paul supporters.

Threatening violence against someone with opposite views as you is not the answer and is no better than the people you claim to be against. How can you support Ron Paul and support all he stands for, be against the status quo and the path we're on to limited freedoms and civil disobedience being met with harsh and cruel punishment, and still advocate violence against a human being with an opposing view?

Forget whether you think he's a media puppet. Forget whether you think he's in on the whole thing. How can you claim to support freedom, yet deny those who oppose you the right to freedom of speech?

Maybe you need some schooling in how the Constitution works before you go voting. I'll help you: Freedom of speech doesn't only apply to you and people you agree with. It applies to EVERYONE.

Had Beck gone outside and beat down some Ron Paul supporters and threatened their lives, then I'd agree with you that he has it coming. But until you can prove he did such a thing, we'll go ahead and assume he hasn't. Therefore, the violent threats directed his way, no matter WHO is sending them, no matter WHO those people support, is wrong. Which also makes it wrong that you're following the same senseless insensitive path.

I don't know what interview you were watching, but I didn't see any smear attacks launched by Glenn - at least not any big ones that are going to make a difference. The pros of Ron Paul exposure far outweigh any cons from any smear attack Glenn may have made.

You're wrong about it being a smear attack, you're wrong about expecting smear attacks, and you're wrong that it made him sound crazy. Glenn Beck agreed with a lot of the things he said, and Ron Paul just made sense, as usual.

People in this country want change. Change is what Ron Paul will bring. Whether or not you think Americans are stupid is up for debate, but there's a lot that are capable of taking notice and they have. His success proves that.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

That's exactly what I was thinking about shorty's post.

Claim Beck is trying to make RP look bad by asking about those who make threats in his name then go on to make threats in his name?

Maybe the video Glenn showed Paul was made by shorty

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How about RP's responses about the conspiracy theories??

Beck asked if RP believed no plane hit the pentagon....RP's response "That's absurd".

Beck asked if RP believed the remote control plane theory....RP's response "Proposterious, I do not feel as if i should have to answer these questions".

Overall, very interesting interview. RP, in my view, got a fair shake but needs to impose his will on others like the other candidates do, interupting the interviewer and making their points or by not answering the questions at all. Apparently Beck was at least scared for his family.

On a different note, i got an interesting political survey (i live in NH), which at first sounded like normal polling. It asked who you were going to vote for in the Rep Primary. When you chose, it then proceeded to tell you negative stuff about your choice. Then countered with so called quality points for Huckabee. It was obviously from the Huckabee camp and a very interesting and sly way to throw mud on your candidate and spotlight huckabee. Never heard anything like it before!! Sorry for getting off topic.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Any Ron Paul supporter who is threatening violence to anyone else has clearly missed the boat on what the Ron Paul Revolution means. There are nuts supporting every candidate. There are a larger number of people who support Giuliani and want to bomb Iran right now. There are Huckabee supporters who want to prosecute you for having an abortion. And there are Hillary supporters who want to steal from the rich. None of these are accurate portrayals of the majority of supporters, however.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmocow
RP, in my view, got a fair shake but needs to impose his will on others like the other candidates do, interupting the interviewer and making their points or by not answering the questions at all.

No he doesn't. What you're saying is he needs to be an arrogant asshole politician because the other candidates are? So because arrogant dodging the question rude politician is the norm, everybody else should follow suit?

No. Ron Paul isn't like that. He's different, and different is what we need all around. Politicians need to answer the questions - he does. Politicians don't need to "impose their will" on others - he doesn't. Politicians shouldn't interrupt the interviewer - he doesn't.

What makes him different is what makes him stick out and that's what makes him the only true choice, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Huckabee says "Paul is Dead"

Read the scolling "news" at the bottom of the screen. Huckabee's statement starts about 2 mins into the video. Interesting timing or out and out fight against RP?

If this has been posted before, my bad.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Interesting timing, but if you're familiar with the theory of the "real" Paul McCartney being dead, then it's possible that it was just a huge coincidence. Huckabee said 'jokingly' that if you play his ad backwards it says "Paul is dead". A theory about the Beatles and Paul McCartney is that a song of theirs, when played backwards, says "Paul is dead".

So, I don't know what to think of it. Could be either.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

then it's possible that it was just a huge coincidence.

Perhap Dennis Kucinich brother's death is also just a matter of unfortunate timing also. No official report on cause of death yet.

But, then again, it could all be nothing.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I like Ron Paul, so far he hasn't used any of his campaign funds too create adds attacking any of the other candidates so far. I don't care what another candidate has done or not done I just want to hear what they are going to do.

[edit on 20-12-2007 by UScitizen]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's very simple

Glenn Beck was trying to bring the conspiracy theorist out of Ron Paul

it didn't work........

instead Ron Paul just got one hour of exposure

end of story!

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Did you not watch the whole show? I did and Glenn Beck asked Paul fair questions and agreed with the majority of what Mr. Paul had to say. How was he trying to drag out anything from anyone? You miss the whole point of what the show was. If you do not watch Glenn Beck and do not know what he stands for then you are ignorant. If I was American I would have voted for Mr. Paul because he did the interview very well.

top topics

join