It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capital punishment for murder and sex crimes.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
So you are picking the cancer that invades society. Moletation is O.K. cancer is not, or you don't want to go there.

Intrepid, don't be an idiot. Show me where I ever implied Molestation is O.K. Better yet, stop trying to switch the debate into comparing Desease or Illness vs. Intentional Human Destruction. Cancer isn't willfully out to kill people for some strange reason or desire. Cancer is doing what Cancer Does, it's not like a choice or something. Molestation is a choice taken by someone making them dangerous to others. It's a willfull act. It's not like they are a mindless robot who has been constructed to be THE MOLESTER of all mankind. You're being rediculous now and grabbing for anything to keep an opposing view point.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
These guys were mutually exclusive. Total wackaloons. Even beyond what we were talking about here. Could they, either of them, been sexual predators, don't know, but if both could have been, at least we won't have to worry about one of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
No, that is my point exactly. They have no more control over themselvse than a cancer cell, and should be given the same regard. You are looking from it from a logical point of view. That's good. You aren't a molester. But these people don't think the way WE do. They wouldn't think twice to screw you, no pun intended, why back them up?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No, that is my point exactly. They have no more control over themselvse than a cancer cell, and should be given the same regard. You are looking from it from a logical point of view. That's good. You aren't a molester. But these people don't think the way WE do. They wouldn't think twice to screw you, no pun intended, why back them up?

Ok, now I am seeing what you're saying, or atleast what you're getting at. Saying that they have no control is going pretty far though. Unless you're talking about someone who is basically mentally retarded to the point where they have no self awareness. Other wise they do have a choice. That is like saying that they commit a crime but it wasn't their fault, it was unavoidable and they had no control of themselves. BullSh*t, they chose to act on their desire.

One of the strongest human instincts is procreation, yet you can choose not to do it. Just ask a Priest. (Avoid the Vatican though) You can decide to Stop Eating even though it is mentally and physically painful for you.

Sure, some people are as messed up as you say. But not all. This latest guy for example that killed the 11 y/o girl. He didn't have to do that, as if he was a Cancer cell and that was all he is. He chose to do it, it's that simple.

That is the same reason I'm not using animals either. A bear or mountain lion that kills a person, does it because it's an animal that fully believes in killing all other creatures. People have free will, and choose to kill even though they don't need to. We claim to be against killing, yet that is all we've done throughout all of history. Killing not only ourselves but all other life from plant to insect to animal. People kill People strictly by choice, they are not drones or virii.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I agree that many murderers get out with hardly any time served but a mandatory life sentence woud resolve that.

Throw in the rapists and we got a deal

But that is not gonna happen either

But I still dont see any reason to feed the scumbags I would just as soon shoot them and be done with it

Throwing in all rapists and child molesters so I guess we got a deal, we feed them because society is not a monster, and the bottom line is its cheaper.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Unless you're talking about someone who is basically mentally retarded to the point where they have no self awareness.

Some studies point to a brain disorder that keeps them from controling impulses ass part of the problem for both serial killers and rapists so what you are saying may not be far from the truth

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My .02, if you go to the kill someone be killed yourself, you bring yourself back to Hammurabbi (eye for an eye).

I don't think that killing someone cause they killed is nessesary. For example, someone drunk driver kills your mother while driving down the road, you go ape# and kill him.

Rape is wrong. There is nothing justifiable about, but I don't think it should be punishable by death. I'm all for castration, however.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Read the thread dude.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am sick of this #.

If we as a country have not already wussed out enough, we do not even punish criminals in prison. Jail is not all that bad compaired to the way it used to be back when the public was outraged at violent crime.

Make Jail hell. Max. Sec. Prison should be renamed the Max Pain Institute and they should be worked to tears daily. Given nothing to do in their spare time but read books. No socializing. No special treatment. No vistors, and no fun.

When are enough people going to be killed, raped, incested (not sure if that's a word), beaten before we say enough with their rights.

Lock em up, # how they feel and their rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join