It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capital punishment for murder and sex crimes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
this is a very tuff topic. taking feelings out of this and looking at it that way its still hard. legal executions are type hypocritical and more of a do as i say not as i do thing from the governments point of view. saying that its illegal to kill somebody, so your punishment will be death is kind of confusing. but taking them away from society will not solve the problem. they can still kill in jail and what if they kill one of those innocents that people talk about. there is no retribution for murder. from the looks of it only two of three sides lose. the one who was murdered, obviously because he/she was murdered.
the friends and familly because they have to deal with the loss. but the criminal degenerate (spell check) who commited the murder in some countrys gets a minimum penalty and is out on the streets. now obviously some and most get life, but others will be back again. so what is that justified killing because he " did his time"?
there should be a system for it. like there is. some people are unsatble should they get the death penalty? no they have places for those types. but the general population of murderers should not be given anytype of leanyency(spell check).

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Mojom, you are making me consider getting off my own thread, not because you are bringing lucid thought to it, but because of my signiture.

Hey, come on now....Let's not get personal. I could say the same about you and apply that same signature.

I have told you I work in the field, yet you discount what I say. As to the monetary value I was including another post on this thread. Is there "skim?" Of course, it's governmet. I work for them, I don't trust them. I know the difference between those people and me, they keep raping and when in their presense I am able to control my urge to kill them.

I'm not saying I know your field of work better than you. I'm also not being SOFT or sticking up for the sick criminal side of society either. I'm agreeing that they are animals, and phycopathic. Some are also intelligent, capable, or atleast able bodied. So why not MAKE them into something usefull in terms of a chained up work horse or slave for lack of better words.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Because there is the opportunity for them to get out. Remember, there are young lawyers that need to make a name.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
this is a very tuff topic. taking feelings out of this and looking at it that way its still hard. legal executions are type hypocritical and more of a do as i say not as i do thing from the governments point of view. saying that its illegal to kill somebody, so your punishment will be death is kind of confusing. but taking them away from society will not solve the problem. they can still kill in jail and what if they kill one of those innocents that people talk about. there is no retribution for murder. from the looks of it only two of three sides lose. the one who was murdered, obviously because he/she was murdered.

That is a great question!! That brings up another failure within the system. Caging up various criminal elements together. First off, there needs to be complete separation between 'Violent Criminals' and 'Non-Violent' ones. I don't care how much $$ or whatever was stolen from an accountant or computer hacker, they are not the same type of criminal as someone who mugs someone in person or attacks someone physically. Once you separate the 'Violent' Offenders, you separate all the Life Sentence Killers from all others. Some guy who flew off the handle and beat up some guy in a bar and getting a few years, is dangerous, but isn't dangerous as a Life Sentence Killer. Also as you said, they are already serving life, so why not kill again. If they do happen to kill again, if they're separated from everyone but other Lifers, then you've minimized the problem best as possible, and the other guy wasn't getting out anyway. If you mean he'll hurt a guard or something. I say not if he is contained, shackled, immobilzed, etc. before that would even be possible.

the friends and familly because they have to deal with the loss. but the criminal degenerate (spell check) who commited the murder in some countrys gets a minimum penalty and is out on the streets. now obviously some and most get life, but others will be back again. so what is that justified killing because he " did his time"?
there should be a system for it. like there is. some people are unsatble should they get the death penalty? no they have places for those types. but the general population of murderers should not be given anytype of leanyency(spell check).

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Because there is the opportunity for them to get out. Remember, there are young lawyers that need to make a name.

Ok, but now you're talking about the failure of our legal system and the fact that Murderer's can get through loopholes within the law. That is definately F-cked up, but that is an all together separate problem, that also needs fixing certainly, but it is different that Cap. Punishment and Actual Criminal Containment. Basically, I was addressing it from the fact that once convicted and known guilty, there is no point in a smart lawyer doing anything. We can go into the tricky legal loopholes or possible wrongly accused kind of debate, but I'd suggest we wait, cause for now we can't even get past the first step, let's not make it more confusing.

But I do agree with you. Murderers get off by Lawyer Tricks. The solution to that should be fixing the legal system, not quickly executing all prisoners before the lawyers find a sneaky way of setting them free. In fact we should throw those lawyers in prison for that sh*t.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Thats why I say life with no parole, the innocent ones have a chance to prove their innocence and the guilty don't get out on parole to kill again, which is what is currenty happening, I'm also for locking up sexual predators for life.

What world do you live in? A murderer here in arkansas MIGHT get 10-20 years but would be out on parole in 2-3 years and a baby-raper will probibly NEVER go to prison for the first offense. I have seen murderers get probation.............really.

The reason? Manditory drug laws, they CANNOT, by law, release the man locked up for coke or pot so they HAVE to let the murderers and rapists go. I know I feel a lot safer knowing those pot smokers are locked up, I guess my kids can look out for themselves.

The same world you live in and that is why I would like to see the laws changed. First of all lawmakers would never make a law that all murderers get the death penalty, its too expensive but they might go for mandatory life with absolutely no parole which is cheaper than the death penalty. I agree that many murderers get out with hardly any time served but a mandatory life sentence woud resolve that.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ok, but now you're talking about the failure of our legal system and the fact that Murderer's can get through loopholes within the law. That is definately F-cked up, but that is an all together separate problem,

Not if they are dead

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I agree that many murderers get out with hardly any time served but a mandatory life sentence woud resolve that.

Throw in the rapists and we got a deal

But that is not gonna happen either

But I still dont see any reason to feed the scumbags I would just as soon shoot them and be done with it

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This did not happen in america but is a perfect example of what we are talking about

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Do rapist consult their plumber, gas station attendant, hockey coach? No they consult their lawyer. They will cling to anything that will get them out. So a problem with the justice system is a problem when it come to these indiduals. FRY'EM.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Ok, but now you're talking about the failure of our legal system and the fact that Murderer's can get through loopholes within the law. That is definately F-cked up, but that is an all together separate problem,

Not if they are dead

Yes Amuk, that has been said already. I also understand that your solution to some things is simply KILL IT. I don't expect anything else in fact since you said you were a soldier and that was your job. You are of the opinion that Killing Must Be Done. For one reason of another, Murder of Person against Person is Absolutely Nessassary at some point, in your opinion. That is a completely valid opinion. I don't agree with you and actually I think it IS possible to NOT HAVE to kill others.

In fact, the best example is this. Hundreds of years ago china was under seige from the mongulians(I think that is correct). Anyway, the invaders were unstoppable and had conquered all other areas that they had come across. China's military was also unsuccessful, at least so far, in keeping them at bay. It was at this time that Tibetan Monks who spent their lives totally for peace decided that the suffering of these attacks needed to stop. The problem was that they were against Killing others for any reason. They did however agree that by using Martial Art Fighting Styles and their abilities of physical and mental strength, earned through meditation and so on, they were able to keep the invading forces at bay. They did have to fight the enemy but it was not to kill but to disable/disarm and basically stop them from killing others, but without killing them. It worked, and they saved the lives of their own people, but also did it without killing the enemy, atleast if it was avoidable, obviously some still died.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Let me clarify something. Are you against killing Cancer, which is alive? Are you against killing AIDS, which is alive? Are you just picking a predator on mankind just because that person looks the same as us?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This did not happen in america but is a perfect example of what we are talking about

I totally agree with you Amuk. This is absolutely a failure of the legal system. Even though this guy killed someone who wanted to be killed, it's not that simple. This guy is obviously a whack-job who is a danger to society. This isn't a mercy killing or euthansia of a disabled person in sever pain here, but a couple of sicko's getting off in sadistic ways. Regardless of whether or not the other guy wanted to die, the fact it was done for pleasure, both sexually and canibalism, makes this guy a danger.

This is a case where keeping him alive for psychological research would actually be benifitial. Perhaps we could learn why guys like this exist and ways of knowing before they snap. If not, he's still an able bodied slave.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Let me clarify something. Are you against killing Cancer, which is alive? Are you against killing AIDS, which is alive? Are you just picking a predator on mankind just because that person looks the same as us?

No, I'm talking about People Murdering People. I'm trying to keep it simple, everyone want's to complicate it further, that is why the conflict continues. I'm not talking about animals, or killing virii or some crap. I'm only talking about People against People right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What the hell has that that got to do with this thread. 2 sickos do their thing, GOOD, one less. We're talking about the sicko's that interfere in real peoples lives.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

What the hell has that that got to do with this thread. 2 sickos do their thing, GOOD, one less. We're talking about the sicko's that interfere in real peoples lives.

What its got to do with this thread is this........in 8 or less years THIS sicko will be back on the street looking for lunch.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So you are picking the cancer that invades society. Moletation is O.K. cancer is not, or you don't want to go there.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think it was used as an example because the guy only got 8 years even though he killed, ate, and did other things to someone else. This guy, who is obviously dangerous to others and unstable, is getting off on a technicallity of legal nature. He is not safe to walk around in society.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
THAT IS THE FU(ING POINT!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think it was used as an example because the guy only got 8 years even though he killed, ate, and did other things to someone else. This guy, who is obviously dangerous to others and unstable, is getting off on a technicallity of legal nature. He is not safe to walk around in society.

Im sure your all aware of the premise of this precognative murder.
The man was in an orgasmic state of mind, while being butchered?
These are sick men, evident that they suffer neuro-pathalogical problems. Our systems needs to weed out men/women with these problems.
He should have been executed.

Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join