It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Without a doubt i also have those feelings, and also stopped at Wal marts and i dont know why but i bought tons of shampoo, a bathrobe, aromatherapy stuff, and 4 jars of their Black Vanilla body butter.

I dont know what good all this stuff would do me in an emergency but i felt better after i bought it. Just compulsive, i guess.

Seriously, i have my days and everyone knows it, but i feel ok lately and i dont think the world is going to end, or any such doom as of today.

But i dont blame you, at least you shop wisely. We will be ok.

We need to get rid of Bush, that's all. I do agree that they are desperate and the shoe might fall, but i dont get a feeling of 'impending doom'

Enjoy your Christmas.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling too. I started a thread on it here so stop by at Nuclear Terror Imminent?

If I had the means, I'd be outta here and living off the land somewhere already. Not necessarily because of "imminent" threat, just the way this whole country is going. Can't even pay the rent with two jobs.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have fell so paranoid, like the sky was going to fall at any moment, so many times, for so many years. So now I just try to be somewhat prepared for anything without overdoing it, and try to focus on what really matters. But after last summer, there were so many predictions that didn't happen that now I am usually moderate with little feeling toward any new ones.

This doesn't mean chaos will not happen.
I do have my sleepless nights.

And while the world around us will fall
There is only one thing that can hold us up.

While we lean on fences, and as they rot and fall, there is only one thing that can hold us without rotting; that which is eternal.

Have faith in love and its truths, and you shall be held.
Disown truth, and you shall fall.
For there is nothing to keep us up other than love.
For there is nothing else.

[edit on 16/12/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Can't even pay the rent with two jobs.
It is awful. The heating oil here is the same as my mortgage. I try to have a sunny outlook but i just have had enough. I'm a week away from homelessness and so are lots of us.

Lucky for us next week is the week we get to eat!!! This week we paid the bills.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Not necessarily because of "imminent" threat, just the way this whole country is going.

Really?
I feel the country is doing well.

Can't even pay the rent with two jobs.

Sorry to hear you are struggling but perhaps you should try and get a better paying job or move where the rent is not so high.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

So you feel it too.

In some of my other posts from six months back I remember saying that 12.23.2007 was going to a very important day.

I don't know bro, I went to church today and for some reason I felt like I really had to pray to God tonight.

Please be safe this is not a joke I thought I was the only one with this feeling. Kind of like a feeling that creeps up on you reminding you that it is close... what it is I don't know.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Take it for what it's worth, but I believe you received the feeling because Armageddon looms in the very near future. You did the right thing. God bless.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I also have the feeling something horrible is on the verge of going down. If I had the money, I'd probably got to Wal-Mart myself and load up on canned food. Actually might do that next paycheck. But, I truly believe, regardless of what others might say, that we are on the verge of another world war, if not that, then something else terrible. I am 99% convinced that its about to get real thick here in the states, if not globally. As of now, I can not see the next five years going by peacefully. So, in my opinion, don't eat all that canned food and save your bullets, although I'm sure our wonderful government will be by later to take all our registered firearms, leaving all the criminals with guns. But, I'm not going to get started on that. But best of luck to us all.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't feel the country is doing well. The dollar is far behind the Euro now, and even farther behind the Pound. It is not even better than the Canadian dollar.
Mortgages are failing everywhere. A recession is impending. We are in 2 wars we can not win. We are trying to start another one. Nuclear disaster is certainly on the horizon for the first time in almost 20 years.
I think he has all the reason in the world to have a bad feeling. Or is it just me...and Downtown?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by webpirate]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Sorry to hear you are struggling but perhaps you should try and get a better paying job or move where the rent is not so high.

Actually, I just lost my apartment and most of what I own with it because I can't afford a storage unit either. The apartment was the cheapest little hell-hole in the county. I'm sleeping on a floor now most of the time, but at least its warm. I've been trying to get a job for 5 months now. There's nothing in my field that's steady, and all the minimum wage employers will only hire Mexicans. If I had the money to get out of New York I would go west I think, instead of south like most fleeing NYers do. In the meantime, I found an agency that will pay for CDL training, but I have to have an address first.

I don't wanna get off topic here though, so please visit my thread on the economics of the NWO. [[Click Here]]

[edit on 12/16/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ive seen posts about these feelings all the time.

It might just be a normal feeling, of your brain realising that the world is changing rapidly, changing for the better or worse? this makes you feel uneasy because of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I tend to accept my bad feelings, but don't directly react to them, most of the time they lead to nothing for me.

If one sees the future as a series of possibilities rather than a serious of unchangeable events then one could suggest that perhaps your bad feeling did change the future.

What if your bad feeling was that you were going to be in a car accident but by simply stopping at the store and buying a ton canned goods you did not arrive at a possible event that would have ended badly for you.

If you are compelled to believe that your bad feelings are worldly rather than personal then perhaps Bush was on the verge of deciding to attack Iran, but changed his mind in the 11th hour because someone else with a bad feeling decided to leak sensitive information to the public.

So in the end nothing bad happens…but that does not necessarily mean your bad feeling was wrong, it could just mean that something changed, but something really bad was a real possibility.

I personally would never suggest a bad feeling ever predicated anything, because it might just have prevented it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

Never let your tank go below 3/4 until we feel as though we are in the clear.

Ammo and canned goods are great. Just make sure you can get your calories, protein, and some vitamins and minerals in there...

Ammo can always be the key to more resources...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
With Y2K seven years behind us, and the now-infamous 2012 five years away -- featuring even more dire predictions of its own -- a subconscious feeling of dread is not at all unexpected today. When the Y2K calamities failed to occur, our disoriented civilization half-stepped, half-staggered into the 21st century. No one knew what to expect -- then, one year later, 9/11 happened. Americans were still reeling when a flurry of activities followed; wars in the middle-east, unexpected shootings in Educational Institutions here.

Yet, as I have attempted to discuss in a separate thread, the events of today aren't unique, but varied recurrences of previous events. I can understand the increased desire or yearning for foreknowledge, when viewed in the context of the events I alluded above: In some of those cases, the only warning arrived too late. Since we can't easily recognize any visible patterns, our minds turn to more-ambiguous concepts, which we hope might be related: (probable) rare planetary alignments, heavily symbolic dates (*to us, at any rate), and in some cases, weather phenomenon.

I too have felt this 'thing' that many seem to echo. Depending on one's perspective, it may be called "awakening of universal consciousness", or just a bad, even 'weird' feeling. To me, it is simply a general change, or an awareness of that change.

Or maybe it's nothing at all.
Change isn't unique; it is the same process that brought us from lumbering hominids to articulate speakers. And just as it didn't fade with the development of language and architecture, it will continue to remain even after our departure from this world -- whatever form that takes.

[edit on 12/16/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I find it funny when people just load up on groceries and buy a gun. This doesn't accomplish anything. If society were to fall apart, organization is key. Do you have friends you can trust? Is your family near? These are the things that are important. How do you plan on defending that food, that ammo? With one gun? Realistically the places that are going to hurt if society failed are the ones that are in the cities, and by cities I mean anything over 5000. To many people, and not enough resources. Hopefully the people in there will try to control there own territories and the outlying terrorities, and leave the people in the sticks alone. This being said, I doubt it. Thats why I have made friends in my town of 1500, thats why I know all the ways of getting in and out of town, thats why I know the town is surrounded by a river on 3 sides, thats why I know how to make dynamite. Thats why I know that instead of loading up on groceries and bringing them to my house to rot, I'm going to help organize this town, and keep the groceries in the grocery store, running a generator to keep stuff frozen, and post guards to protect it from thieves both in town, and outside. If you can ration it out, protect it, and protect your livestock, and farming fields, then you are self sufficient. Additionally, if there is only one way in and out, and trucks, cars, or wagons have to unload because they can't cross, it makes it a hard target when trying to hoof out supplies you just took, and are taking sniper fire. In trying to repel an invasion, you have to slow down the speed of battle, control the high ground, and control how the enemy comes to you. This can be done with small towns, not large ones. Additionally, in my town, theres a cement making company and a concrete block making company. this will come in handy for making fortified positions to protect what we have.

On another note. I myself have seen alot of my dreams come true, Especially the ones where I'm doing mundane BS, but its repeated a couple times. The ones that scare the hell out of me are the ones of me leading a militia, and for the most part leading my people. I hope its just a dream, but when I've had it since I was 8, and I've seen other dreams come true, I hope to God its not. Maybe I'm delusional, maybe not.

The good news is that I'm always much older in these dreams, so hopefully its not for a while. Ofcourse, malnutrition can age a body quickly, so one never knows. I just hope we have 5 more years, this way my youngest is 10, instead of younger.

anyways, enough my rambling, I suggest you get a plan for organization together. If you are that afraid of the future get out of large cities.

Best of luck,

Camain

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you got a bad feeling, Downtown, trust it. The world tells us one thing, but the only thing it seems we can trust is our gut, Trust yours. You're not alone in feeling that things ain't quite right.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I get a bad feeling just about every day. I usually just blame it on the jalepenos and cheap American beer I love so much.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am not usually into all of this doomsday stuff and I find the survival pages interesting mostly because I am very responsible and like to be prepared.

However, lately, especially for the last week, I have had a very intense feeling of gloominess and dread. I have every reason to be happy this Christmas season but I just can't get into it. The world seems very heavy to me now, almost suffocating and oppressive.

I have seriously considered logging off of ATS for a while, at least through the New Year, but I feel like I am on the look-out for something. Or waiting maybe. I feel the need to be alert.

This sense of uneasiness and expectation is what got me looking on the web and helped me to find ATS. A sense that something is just not quite right. Now, I am not sure if ATS just adds to it and compounds the issue.

I read a speculative article recently that humans are evolving at a much faster rate than ever before, mentally speaking. Our collective knowledge and mental ability is compounding exponentially because of all of the information we absorb everyday. It's possible that this over-whelming sense of gloom and expectation may just be a result of hyper-vigilence - caused by too much information - leading to a sense of helplessness regarding problems we would have never known about 20 years ago and can't do anything about now.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I also have the sense that something very big may be looming in the near future (within the next 4-5 years).
What I do is watch and listen to various information sources, news, etc. and try to draw commonalities among all of them

There are some actions and events in the news which "concern" me:

1. The govt. is requiring ALL analog transmissions to go digital by Feb 2009

Why?? So that we can all enjoy HDTV ? I doubt that. Why not keep it optional ?? What do THEY KNOW that we don't ??

My thoughts on this: Increased solar activity would increasingly make analog signal transmissions more disruptive and effect communications
here on earth. Going digital is a preventative measure in anticipation of solar activity. This leads to other questions relating to Global Warming...

2. Watch the news for increased space launches (internationally)

If nothing is going on, then why are nations like China, India, Japan, France, UK and the USA launching probes and missions or planning them all of a sudden? Since when did India and China have an interest in space?? ...Or France!

3. Has anyone else noticed (wihin the last 5 years) an increased interest in observatories and space-based telescopes to scan the skies ? There's Hubble, Chandra, and several others costing millions of dollars, not to mention the SPT built in 2006 in Antartica for 11billion US dollars !
What sparked the sudden interest in searching for extra-solar planets?
Why waste time and money to search for something so far away, that even if you located it, it would be impossible to reach ??
Maybe that is not the REAL reason...

Disclamer: I'm not "worried" about these things, but I am "concerned"

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ok so here are some of the reasons that I have a bad feeling.

1) The dollar is in serious trouble, countries are dropping it like a hot rock.

2) For the Neocon/PNAC agenda to work, they need another 9/11, especially to go after Iran.

3)Ron Paul IMHO is the only politician that could de-rail the global agenda of enslavement, and there are starting to be more and more threats against him.

4) Something stinks worse than normal at the White House.

5) The Economy in general, both on a National, and International basis is dangling perilously close to the edge of the cliff.

6)There have been an awful lot of mass shootings lately, with the common denominator being anti-depressants. It stinks of rotting tomatoes.

Buying food and ammo isn't going to solve any of these problems, but it might buy me enough time to make a difference.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join