It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For some reason, over the last week I have been having a really bad felling like something is looming just over the horizon. With the revelation that Iran's nuke program ended in 2003, the Neocons are backed into a corner. Their agenda has been blindsided by the CIA that they thought they were in control of.

Last night I was driving home from work, and I randomly stopped by Wal-mart. I bought all the canned goods that would fit in one shopping cart, and proceeded to the sporting goods area, and got a ton of ammo.

I don't really know why I did, I just had a bad feeling.

So my question is, does anyone else have a feeling that something is looming, and about to go down real soon?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There has been many times where i had this feeling, most of the time nothing happened, just a bad feeling.

Now these day's i let them go by, be a little more allert maybe, but just let it go by untill something is realy happening.

Thats just my experience with bad feeling.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have had this feeling before, the last time it happened there was a tornado in town the next day, in a place that rarely ever has remotely bad weather.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I hope that it wont be the same this time.
Sometimes bad feelings are a warning.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Last night I was driving home from work, and I randomly stopped by Wal-mart. I bought all the canned goods that would fit in one shopping cart, and proceeded to the sporting goods area, and got a ton of ammo.

I don't really know why I did, I just had a bad feeling.

So my question is, does anyone else have a feeling that something is looming, and about to go down real soon?

We have a term for this where I come from, It is called... being paranoid.

paranoid definition: The key feature of this subtype of schizophrenia is the combination of false beliefs (delusions) and hearing voices (auditory hallucinations), with more nearly normal emotions and cognitive functioning (cognitive functions include reasoning, judgment, and memory).

Canned goods and lots ammonition...oooh yes... canned goods and ammo have saved so many lifes for decades now.... come on... you are more likely to get a bad stomach, and shooting your foot of with that...

sorry if you feel offended by this, but i just can't take it seriously....

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I also have a feeling some big 'event' will happen soon. Some of my friends also say they feel something is about to happen.

BUT don't ask me what the 'event' will be... can be anything , but surely it will be something that WILL shock the world (in a good or positive way) even more than 9/11 has done !

Grtz, Alundra

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I never got bad feelings about things until I discovered this website. Now I get bad feelings about things all the time but I just try not to think about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's the New Year approaching. Naturally, it is a time to look forward. And as Jim Morrison said, "The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Will there be calamities in the new year? Yes. There are calamities every year. Unexpected deaths? Political scandal? Portents, omens and signs? You betcha.

Just like every other year.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I just wonder to myself, what the person at the checkout counter was thinking when you pulled your cart up!

There is always a chance that "something" could happen.

Well, it's the holiday season, and food banks are a little short this year. Unless you are really frightened, you might think about donating some of your haul of canned goods to people who are so unfortunate, they don't have time for paranoia!

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you buy supplies that will get used eventually anyway, then what's harm? Honestly Bluess, have you ever posted a positive thought since you've joined us? If shopping makes him feel better, let him be.

Downtown436, if you check out the survival forum I think you will find ideas about buying supplies and how to rotate your stock. We have always had at least a months worth of dried goods on hand. Dried beans, pasta, and flour are also good to have. Those Jiffy muffins are amazingly inexpensive so are canned fruits.

We have some nasty winters here and although it doesn't make for an emergency, it is comforting knowing I have supplies.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You should also buy lots of gasoline right now too. If you can buy a large holding tank, i suggest getting yourself one. If something bad is going to happen you can bet rising gas prices are the first thing to reflect that. Then it wont be long untill gasoline is impossible to find.
Buying all that ammo may sound crazy to others, but when marshall law is in effect and crazy people are running around looting and killing, you will feel a lot safer. I dont think your crazy, but just being prepared.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I tend to ignore these bad feelings that come along every now and then as they never usually amount to anything. I suppose there's no harm in taking precautiuons but it could be dangerous taking them too seriously. It is not good to be looking over your shoulder waiting for something to happen. Wait until it does and then quickly run down to the supermarket and get stock.. if there isn't time to go to the supermarket then chances are you won't have time to crack open a tin of peaches or load your rifle.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All the time someone comes out with a thread about 'how they have a bad feeling'. And something happens (i.e. school shooting) and that person takes credit for predicting it. What will you take credit for? Something as little as a school shooting, or nothing less then a nuclear attack?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Downtown436,

Dont let naysayers blindside you. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for adverse conditions. Whether economic collapse, Whether, man made or nature made.
Hurrican Katrina should have been a wake up call on state and federal governments. These children were to busy bickering and blaming to get thier s--t together.
You do it yourself...good times or bad. Be prepared.

There are so many folks out here who can only prepare for the game on television or at the stadium, or tonights special on the boob tube....but they cannot get prepared for a disaster.

IF nothing happens you are way ahead of most peoples. IF it does happen you are somewhat prepared.

I can tell you for a surity that your major competition if something does in fact happen will be your immediate neighbors and the local constabulary. They will attempt to parasite off of your preparations. I know this because of the number of neighbors who had no generator preperations and wanted me to breast feed them after a hurricane a few years back. Then they abused it and when I cut them off they were resentful. One of them could order delivery pizzas for themseslves and their kids for years but could not purchases a generator for adversity?? Whats wrong with this picture?? Get the point??

What most people dont know about organizations like FEMA is that they have the authority to sieze your provisions/preparations and redistribute them as they see fit. Meaning mostly they will use them for public figures et al.

None the less ...dont let others discourage you ...good times or bad. Be prepared in good times..when bad times come ...you will not be intrested in the game or the latest television program etc..it will be to late then ..you need to be prepared ahead of time.
Think about how many peoples can spend heaps of moneys at the local convenience store weekly/daily...but make no preparations for disaster. Even enough preparations to give themselves and their familys a hedge of only a few weeks. Many of these peoples tend to believe its up to others to breast feed them through hard times.
Redirect your convience store moneys spent into preparations a bit at a time.

There is a survival forum here on ATS. Check it out. There are some loose screws there, as there are on many posts here on ATS., but the overall premise is correct. This is where you can get some of your ideas to use as a baseline for preparations.

Its up to you but think it through and dont let naysayers discourage you.
Most of them can tell you what is on television/movies but not what to do to prepare. This should be obvious to you about these types.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
If you buy supplies that will get used eventually anyway, then what's harm? Honestly Bluess, have you ever posted a positive thought since you've joined us? If shopping makes him feel better, let him be.

I would like to think i have brought several positive posts already yes...

And I think its quite allright to buy supplies, but from going randomly into walmart and then suddently go "lock and load" because you have a bad feeling... im just glad he didnt "feel bad" about the person behind the disk... what would he have done then?

People who let themself be guided by their bad feelings instead of rational thinking... well it might just be me, but i can't take it seriously...so

Yes... the holidays are looming ,and a real nice and loving time is gonna go down, and hopefully bring some joy into people life and make some families a little closer....

the only thing we have to fear...is fear itself...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Being prepared is never wrong. If you've got a gut instinct (one that doesn't involve murder) it's best to pay attention to it.

Every new day seems a little uncertain lately. I don't know how Bush and his cronies haven't been hung drawn and quartered yet, if we followed the same procedure they did we would have rioted in the streets a long time ago. You're right for thinking something is just on the horizon, but don't let it keep you in fear.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I'm busted, you got me, I was just fishing for a disaster to take credit for.

C'mon man, you can't be serious.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Food and bullets are never a bad thing to have to much of. Keep the stock of food freshly rotated and keep the ammo as dry as you can and its all good.
The fore fathers should have wrote in the constitution that every male should own a 30.06 rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun and stockpile a ton of food in case of troubled times

A buddy of mine pulled a SKS long rifle out of his truck the other day and said have you ever seen one of these, I said yes so whats with the fashion show. I can hit farther and harder with my deer rifle and be drinking coffee at the same time.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

And I think its quite allright to buy supplies, but from going randomly into walmart and then suddently go "lock and load" because you have a bad feeling... im just glad he didnt "feel bad" about the person behind the disk... what would he have done then?

Good grief man, like I'm going to start shooting people because I have a bad feeling.

Maybe I am "paranoid", but here I am alive today, because I was to paranoid to do certain things that would have gotten me killed.

I was just sharing my feelings with my fellow ATS'ers and asking if anyone else felt that way.

I'm not so paranoid, for example to pull a Darknight and move to nepal, and hide in a cave, I just bought some food and ammo.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I'm glad to hear that, And as I stated in another thread above, I might be the only one thinking you are paranoid?

I come from a different country than you, where guns are a big no no, so we obviously have different viewsapon them.

But i don't understand what that ammo will do for you, or your bad feelings?

A hug from my daughter seems to be my salvation when i have bad feelings... but i guess some believe in love others in war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join