It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got a bad feeling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by camain

I live in a medium city of about 100,000. I have quite a few friends, and family nearby. I have a fairly ludicrous gun collection, and a pile of ammo. And several like minded friends.

Ammo has increased in price by about 200% in the last 5 years. I think it will continue that way, especially with more gun control laws. It is a hedge bet, and something that has basic value.

If something really bad happened, I would leave town, and head for the hills. Even in a city of 100,000, with no electricity, you will have chaos in a matter of days.

I agree, organization is key in any disaster situation.

I am the type of person that sees the glass half-full, but lately I just don't see things continuing on this course without a major de-railment.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I was checking out your Nuclear terror thread, and I agree that the Pakistan situation is not good, and also the bombshell about Iran's nuke program, adds instability, with the current gunslinging ragime in the white house.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A few thoughts...
Intuition... I always trust mine. It has been right too many times to discount. That doesn't mean it was right all the time. And yes, I have a bad feeling about this next year. Feels like the perfect storm brewing to me. Immigration, economy, race, politics, election, etc etc... take your pick, or all of the above and more.
Preparedness... It's always a good idea. Don't just get food and bullets. Make a plan, discuss it with the people you love. Have scram bags packed. I am sure you can check out the other pages for tips on this stuff.
A?!holes... You didn't say anything about "Lock and Load" yet there is always someone out there who will take it over the edge and act like you said it. When you have to explain what you didn't say, you are talking to an a?!hole. FYI

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I bought all the canned goods that would fit in one shopping cart, and proceeded to the sporting goods area, and got a ton of ammo.

So what's with the ammo man? You sensing an ambush or something?

Sorry if I screwed up the quote, I'm new here.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to make it clear, that there is something looming over the horizont! In fact, I'am expecting important, revolutionary events to occur this december and january in the next year. I would also recommend everyone to check this website: www.greatdreams.com...

It contains a lot of interesting information, and it also ties very well with the "Secret illuminati timeline", so I think we should expect some important events. Taking it from a Christian perspective, no, it's not the end of the world yet. There are still too many prophecies waiting to be fulfilled, mainly the 666 prophecy, which is of course the Rfid Chip. Anyway, there should also be some important events concerning the Pope, and possibly Rome, or Jerusalem?

Sorry if I'am writing somewhat off-topic, but I found it very interesting.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

bluess you are the one who sounds paranoid. He said he had a bad feeling and just decided to buy can foods and ammo. Thats not called paranoid. Thats called being prepared. A bad feeling is not being paranoid. Everyone gets bad feelings. Paranoid is you thinking that he might do something to someone behind the desk?. Here in America we have the right to buy ammo to protect are selfs and family. I feel sorry for you bluess your just another one of the sheeple

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
downtown 436 and others,

Whats with the ammo...?? You folks cant figure it out outside of panic.?? And nothing has happened of merit as of yet.

Whats with the ammo is that it is currently available. IN case of big disasters..man made or natural...you wont be able to get any. You must be prepositioned here. SAme with food and medicines

What are some of you thinking??

Ever occur to you that at such a time ammo will be capital?? Moneys...bargaining goods?? For barter!!? Think people..dont emote!!

Lots of people in this country have guns..almost none have any ammo put back. EVen fewer know how to reload. What are some of you folks thinking?? Must be the football game this weekend??

The advice of the poster on examining your town or city for exit routes or managability/organization is a good one.

The term used often for a ready to go bag ...is a BOB. .

Bug Out Bag. I have one in all my vehicles in case smoething happens while I am at work or on the road. Enough food to last a couple of days ..enough to walk home if necessary....particularly if I have to stay off the main roads which are liable to be blocked off or controlled depending on the type of events happening. I carry a AM/FM radio in it along with a 2 meter walkie talkie. I have a cell phone but would be reluctant to use it depending again on the circumstances.
BIC disposable lighters...they are cheap right now by the 10 packs at almost any store. IF a disaster happens watch them disappear along with all the batteries...from the shelves. Any of you carry a magnifying glass?? How about a sewing kit? First aid kit. I do in my BOB I take to work every day Its been that way for about a year now. Occasionally I modify my BOB.

Just some ideas for concerned readers. Those of you not intrested...go on back to your sports and television programs.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 17-12-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
reply to post by Bluess

bluess you are the one who sounds paranoid. He said he had a bad feeling and just decided to buy can foods and ammo. Thats not called paranoid. Thats called being prepared. A bad feeling is not being paranoid. Everyone gets bad feelings. Paranoid is you thinking that he might do something to someone behind the desk?. Here in America we have the right to buy ammo to protect are selfs and family. I feel sorry for you bluess your just another one of the sheeple

I never stated that having a bad felling = Paranoid

I stated that acting irrational, due to bad feelings = Paranoid

And that is a fact... I merely made the comparasing to "the man behind the desk" to notice the dangers involved, in People who let themself be guided by their bad feelings instead of rational thinking

And if being rattional and believing in love instead of war, refusing to own firearms and living in a country with almost 0 deaths by guns, is = being part of the sheeple...then call me a one of the sheeple anyday.

I feel sorry for you, that you live in a country where you feel forced to stock up guns and ammonition to feel safe. If that is what you call freedom...I am glad, I live across the waters.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I have had an uneasy feeling aswell....But I think it is because I am just wondering everyday howlong it will be before the American people will wake up and figure out they are being scammed....Everyone knows with the inflation and the wages it is next to impossible to make a living not to mention we can not save for our future and live...It is just a matter of time.....I also am a big RP supporter but being realistic I know he doesnt have a chance at all aslong as we have these electronic machines in place...Even though they have been documented and "proven" to be manipulated people still use them and the politicians let them be used....I dont know what is going to happen but I am willing to bet the farm somthing is just on the horrizen and and to pop.....

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
All clear. Take care. -------------------------PC

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Yeah I get that Costco urge. Virtue is fulfilled if the total number of cans of tuna is always trending upward. Only 650 square feet in the condo, though (post crisis food won't be safe in some distant storage enclave) and I already have twelve shelving units piled high with other essential garbage. The Chinese food delivery guy the other night said as
he looked past me through the door " You ever see that movie CONSPIRACY THEORY? Your apartment reminds me of that." But I don't know if I feel that disaster is imminent, or if it's the tickling from still not being righteously prepared...these are similar uneases...But I do live a block away from a public artesian well...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well, everybody have this feeling, I have it too.
You know what's really weird? Last night I had a bad dream related to disasters.. And I was kinda happy because I never had dreams like this.

Involved a Plane crash near to me (I was the scene from my house, I guess) and from the same spot a nuclear missile (that's what I thought it was) was launched.
Weird enough to make me freak out at the time.

Cool huh?

[edit on 17/12/2007 by tunin]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Maybe it is just from reading threads like this one on ATS..But for the last couple weeks I have been waking up between 2:30 and 3:15 daily.. This is new. I am thinking about something happening..as is discussed here. Is that recently happneing to anyone else?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You never know...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

baconreport.com...
I wish all of the pictures would stay up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I'm not picking up anything. Some good news recently. The NWO seems wobbly, against the ropes, gasping for air. As for the huge pacific tsunami/quake predicted for dec. 23 by the Brazilian psychic, I say no go.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Can you someone point me to the thread: "I have a positive feeling". Does ATS even have such a thread or is everyone on here a doom merchant.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Oh great! I have been wondering when the next "doom and gloom" thread was coming out.

It's been what....about 10 days since the last one?

Come on now...where's all the joy and love of the Christmas season huh?

On with life people....nothing here

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I too feel uneasy. Uneasy for the people of the United States of America who eat, drink and are merry while judgment is knocking at it's door.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
I too feel uneasy. Uneasy for the people of the United States of America who eat, drink and are merry while judgment is knocking at it's door.

Not me! I am not a murderer, liar, thief, blasphemer, or war profiteer. I don't deserve judgment.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11one11

No I don't sense an ambush, ammo is one of those things that tend to "disappear" during any kind of trouble, and you can trade it easily for other things, like food, generators, cars, horses....ect ect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join