It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Times

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have been really reading alot lately about this subject. Even though no one knows when the end will come, it most certainly will come. The Sun can not burn forever so it has to end anyway.
According to the Bible, the prophecies of Revelation could not come true until Israel came to be again. That year was 1948.
I find it odd how much and how fast things have changed since 1948.

*1948 the transisitor was introduced paving the way for the Transistor Era 1948-1959.

*1948 the earliest work exploring RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) began. We all know how this one is turning out.

*1948 The development of the EDVAC computer system cited as the beginning of the computer era.

*1948 . . . B4 nuclear warhead is fielded. This is the first atomic warhead to be produced as a weapon and not as a laboratory device.

Apr-May 48 . . . AEC is directed to build Atomic Bomb Stockpile.

16 Sep 48 . . . President Truman signs NSC-30, “United States Policy on Atomic Warfare,” which states that “the decision as to the employment of atomic weapons in the event of war is to be made by the Chief Executive.”

Maybe all of these are just coincedences. I truly doubt it though.

Please do not turn this into a there is no God discussion. Those become boring and no one ever changes their mind on it. I would like intelligent fact based discussion please.

Sources of information are as follow:
www.hbci.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.patentstorm.us...
www.acq.osd.mil...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Does no one else see the trend here? Everything falling into place to fulfill Revelations. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks like a trend to me.
It is as if things begin to speed up all at the same time.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Daniel's prophecy has already been fulfilled with regards of knowledge increasing. We are in this period. Never in our history that men has accelerated in technology at such a short time.

One thing to note about the judgments in Revelation. You have to make it clear that it is the judgments of God. One cannot just attribute a great earthquake here and there, hurricane Katrina, forest fires, Chernobyl, virus outbreak like Sars, Ebola, Bird Flu, and etc to be God's judgments already. These calamities has been going on since men roamed the Earth.

If one attributes these to Revelation, then it becomes too vague already. You don't know which is which and you have a skewed concept of the end times. Many people predicted the end times since the 1800's because of this great earthquake and whatnot, but all came false. A situation of crying wolf.

You have to understand that the judgments of God usually is delivered to His prophets to warn the world to repent and the judgments will follow. You don't see any prophets during the asian tsunami, Chernobyl, and the virus outbreaks. To attribute this to Revelation is in error.

Referring to the Bible, Noah was a servant of God who warned the world to repent, otherwise, the world will be flooded. The 2 servants of God in Sodom and Gomorrah warned Lot and his family to get out of the city because of a great destruction to come. Moses and Aaron, the servants of God warned Pharaoh to release his people, otherwise the plagues will befall Egypt.

So, anything which concerns the calamity in Revelation must come from God's servant. We need to look out for the 2 witnesses which will deliver the message to people to repent otherwise the calamity written in Revelation will ensue.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Does no one else see the trend here? Everything falling into place to fulfill Revelations. Maybe I am wrong but it sure looks like a trend to me.
It is as if things begin to speed up all at the same time.

I see a trend. Also with the weather too. I believe things will get much worse but you are right about no one knowing will it will happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

I don't believe I have a skewed concept of it at all. I have an opinion as well as you. No one completely understands Revelations we only have opinions of what its symbols mean. As far as end times go, I believe we are in them right now. How long they last is a totally different thing. It could be thousands of years more before the very end comes. All I was saying is that things seemed to start falling into place in 1948 for Revelations to begin to unfold. I did not say they had or were happening now. I was only provoking thought, but hey, thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by amitheone

I don't believe I have a skewed concept of it at all. I have an opinion as well as you. No one completely understands Revelations we only have opinions of what its symbols mean. As far as end times go, I believe we are in them right now. How long they last is a totally different thing. It could be thousands of years more before the very end comes. All I was saying is that things seemed to start falling into place in 1948 for Revelations to begin to unfold. I did not say they had or were happening now. I was only provoking thought, but hey, thanks for your thoughts.

Opinions should always be backed up and verified in the Bible. Personal opinions should never be used to understand the Bible. Let the Bible interpret itself by verifying each chapters with the other chapters as all the books of the Bible are interconnected.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
As far as end times go, I believe we are in them right now. How long they last is a totally different thing. It could be thousands of years more before the very end comes. All I was saying is that things seemed to start falling into place in 1948 for Revelations to begin to unfold. I did not say they had or were happening now.

no, it was written somewhere (I just don't know where right now) that things would happen within the life time of the people who witnessed the re-birth of Israel...

Do I know this as fact? no... do I believe it? Yes, sad to say, but I do...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Specifically, the day and hour of Christ's return can not be known, however, as illustrated by the parable of the fig tree, the season of his return will be evident to all who are looking for him.

In chapter nine of the book of Daniel, the angel Gabriel reveals that the countdown to the second coming will begin when Jerusalem is restored to Israel. The "old city" of Jerusalem was restored to Israel during the six day war in June of 1968.

According to Gabriel, starting from June 1968 there will be eight periods of seven biblical years before the return of Christ.

Therefore, the "endtimes timeline" stretches from 1968 to roughly 2024.

More prophetic proof?

Not only was the first prophecy fulfilled in 1968 but also three more prophecies were fulfilled between 1993 and 2000. These three prophecies were given to Daniel by Gabriel so that we might identify the last days.

They were:
1. a seven year treaty between Israel and her enimies (1993: "the Oslow accord" is the only seven year peace treaty in the entire history of old and new Israel)
2. Halting of the "daily sacrifice" 3 1/2 years after the treaty signing. This happened on March 13, 1997, same day as the Phoenix lights
3. "the abomination of desolation" prophecy was fulfilled by Ariel Sharon in 2000 when he climed the Temple Mount sparking the new palestinian intifada. (The correct translation of this prophecy can be found in the footnotes of the NIV bible and reads "One who causes desolation will ascend to the pinnacle of the abominable temple...")

These three things occured exactly as Gabriel revealed they would and they occured in the exact middle of the full timeline. Gabriel also revealed that no one would understand these specific prophecies until they were actually fulfilled. (which nullifies all prior interpretations of them).

These are most definately the "last days" of this age.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If revelation is true, does “predestiny” exist?
Take a clock and note the time. Calculate in your mind what time it will be in exactly one minute. Now choose precisely where you will be standing when the clock will show time plus your one minute. Now look at the clock and be sure to be where you choose to be.
You have prophesied and reveal the future.

The future is what we create. Revelation is an agenda and not a future. People confuse future and designed future.
There have been many end of the world’s prediction in the past. They mostly have fulfilled they religious threat, apart from one; the most important one.
Peace and deliverance as pledged.

Kacou

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

It is already widely understood across groups and peoples that the end of the world is going to be in 2012 and the years suround it.

Look into the date for more understandings. It's the end of the age and many other understandings can be found.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
And NO!

the "no man knows the day or hour" doesn't have to do with the end of the world. It has to do with the "second coming". It was said mankind would be able to see when the age was ending at the end of the age.

Dec 21 2012.

YAY!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
According to the timeline of Daniel I discussed earlier, the "sixth" seven year period begins in 2012.

It's possible that these seven "seven" year periods corespond to the seven "seals" of Revelations. (The 'eighth' seven year period (or Daniel's "seventieth week") occured between 1993 and 2000.)

If true, it means that an apparent cosmic upheaval will begin somewhere around 2012...What the Bible describes as "the heavens rolling up like a scroll"...and "the stars falling out of the sky"..."the sixth seal".
Not quite the end of the world yet, but an overwhelming display that it's coming quick.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
new world order!!north american union bringing together mexico and cananda!!!planet x, russia attacking american airspace in alaska and war preparations..china and taiwan..us and iran and syria...axis is tilting and it will have dramatic effects on weather patterns!!global warming is a mustard spot on the bloody shirt..icecaps melting...2012-prophecies!!! spread the love!!!read revelation in the bible!!read the book of daniel!!!read matthew!!!praise GOd....
the mark of satan is the chip after the one world religion!!!be aware!!!simply praise the lord and encourage others to do also!!!dead serious!!!
width="425" height="355"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/4PpMdTmVMpo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
It's possible that these seven "seven" year periods corespond to the seven "seals" of Revelations. (The 'eighth' seven year period (or Daniel's "seventieth week") occured between 1993 and 2000.)

Dispite what people want to believe, the book of Revelations isn't a book about "the end of the world". It is the book of Revelations of "Jesus Christ".

Revelations is to realize.

Depending upon when and where you count as "times have begun" both are true that the time has and hasn't begun.

A new Son of Man, that is the same Son of God, walks the earth, unseen, now. We are in the stages of "Like a thief in the night".

There are several documents that make the unknown Christ realize something. These at the base level are the seals. One might also associate the seals, and the realizations assicoated with the Epochs of Time.

The date of 2012 is the "end of the age" and the "beginning of the new age". So we should all expect for things to heat up the closer we get to that date.

Personally, I'd tell anyone that wishes to enjoy something of "this world" to do so over the next year. By mid 2009 we should be in it at least upto our ankels.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shaell

I would really like to know how you have come to that conclusion of the interpretation of Daniel chapter 9 verse 21-27. It says nothing of what you say. It even says the street shall be rebuilt and even the wall. The wall has been there for along time and was not rebuilt in recent history.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have been really reading alot lately about this subject. Even though no one knows when the end will come, it most certainly will come. The Sun can not burn forever so it has to end anyway.

I don't care when the Sun will burn out. I'll be long dead before that happens. But the Sun burning out is only an "end" if you personally decide to define it that way. It means nothing to the rest of the Universe, other than another endless transition of energy.

Please do not turn this into a there is no God discussion. Those become boring and no one ever changes their mind on it. I would like intelligent fact based discussion please.

Fact. "Beginnings" and "endings" are human concepts. There's no such thing inherent in the Universe. Your preoccupation with The End has more to do with your personal psychological state than anything else. What's wrong with your life that you are so interested in endings?

As for their being no God, I suppose it depends on how you want to define it. Personally, I've never seen a definition of God that doesn't inherently have a logical flaw or paradox. As a result, I can't argue against the existence of God if nobody can tell me what "God" even means.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If your heart is at peace with the life your living, and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than what difference does it make?

I can assure you the end times are here simply because within the next 100 years, anyone reading this post right now will be dead. The vast majority of us will be dead a lot sooner than that.

Quite frankly, I'd like to see the end of it all. I know for a fact I'm going to die anyway and that would be one awesome thing to see when my exit visa is being stamped.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter if the world ends in 2012 or 2024 or tomorrow even.

What matters is that you are at peace with your creator and yourself.

Then everything else is just icing on the cake.

Love and light my friends,

[edit on 25-12-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

just two glaring items in your 'this is it' theory

the atomic bomb was developed then used on Japan way prior to 1948 !

(6 Aug 1945 & 9 Aug 1945 on both Hiroshima then Nagasaki Japan)

?? now how does that fit into you timeline of Israel 1st & then bad stuff???

Secondly------ the UN mandated State called "Israel" is not composed of
people that made up the historical peoples that made up the demographics
of the people called 'Israel' = before they became a people-in-exile.

'Israel' was actually the Northern Kingdom.... in contrast to the southern kingdom which was the kingdom of the Jews.

the lost 10 tribes (AKA: Israel) were on their own since the Assyrian Captiovity ----- there is NO relation (other than Name) with the
present day (circa 1948) Jewish nation-state called 'Israel'
with what you/others consider the Revelations' regathering of 'Israel"
as the Advent of the prophecied 'End Times'

these guys are mostly (90%+ ) descendants of the Ashkenazi people
who converted to Judiasm, so as to avoid a military genocide back in the early chronicaled history of nations.
~by-&-large european Jews are not birthright Jews or Israelites~

but that's what they want you to believe !

study up then come back with a jews/1948/future end-times-thread

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Fact. "Beginnings" and "endings" are human concepts. There's no such thing inherent in the Universe. Your preoccupation with The End has more to do with your personal psychological state than anything else. What's wrong with your life that you are so interested in endings?

My life is grand, but thanks for your concern. As for no end, tell that to anyone in a graveyard. Life as we know it does end. It will go on somewhere else , but I was speaking about physical beings.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

just two glaring items in your 'this is it' theory

the atomic bomb was developed then used on Japan way prior to 1948 !

(6 Aug 1945 & 9 Aug 1945 on both Hiroshima then Nagasaki Japan)

?? now how does that fit into you timeline of Israel 1st & then bad stuff???

study up then come back with a jews/1948/future end-times-thread

The gun was invented years after hunting and wars. The wheel was invented way before the car, I fail to see what that has to do with the timeline.
Look, this was a thought I had. Not my absolute belief of how it is or will be. I think some of you people think you are so phlosophical and smart you forget common courtesy and attack anyone who see's things differently tha you do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join