It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Times

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Moreover: The first stage of the second coming of christ as the son of man.

The second coming of christ would find that no one was really looking for him. He would find that although people thought they were looking for the son of man, the people were really only looking for their idealisim of what the son of man "should be".

("oh the son of man would spell better" "oh the son of man would not use the term (this that the other)")

but the reality is that the son of man is he himself and he isn't all these things that he "should be" or "shouldn't be".

The son of man would realize that this is the greatness of the spiritual blindness. The son of man would want to help, but his voice wouldn't be listened to. If the son of man was to say "hey I'm the son of man" he would be treated badly and ignored by the crould. Although even if the son of man gave hints as to his identity, he would be ignored. Even if the son of man tryed to show himself as just a wise person, YOU'D STILL ARGUE WITH THE SON OF MAN!

It's a classic case of irony. All these people thinking they know it is this or that, that the way is this or that, rushing around thinking they figured it all out, meanwhile the son of man is right there in the middle of the groups of men.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You all would foolishly ask your insulting question upon the son of man, but you would not be asking questions to find out the truth, rather you'd be asking your questions to try to "trip up" the son of man thinking that he wasn't the son of man.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shaell

Well what happens when Bush visits Israel this week and tries to pay the temple mount a visit? I guess that would blow the Sharron theory. I hope Bush don't try that.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by shaell

Well what happens when Bush visits Israel this week and tries to pay the temple mount a visit? I guess that would blow the Sharron theory. I hope Bush don't try that.

Plenty of people have walked on the temple mount throughout history since the prophecy was given. That's not really the issue.

With Sharon, the issue is that he did it in conjunction with the two other prophetic fulfillments of Daniel 9:27. He did it 3 1/2 years after the "halting of the daily sacrifice". His actions incited a wave of regional violence, the aftershocks of which are still being felt today.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by shaell

Again, you can't forget that Gabriel also mentions "after 69 sevens." We can't throw out a part of the passage just because it doesn't fit what we want and claim only the 62 sevens are important.

The thing is, Gabriel never specified "69 sevens" like you are claiming. He specifies 70 total, split into three seperate categories: 62, 7 and 1. The '69 sevens' you're refering to is purposely split into 62 and 7 because one occurs before the first coming and the other occurs before the second coming. They both refer to the same thing; that is, the countown to Christ's coming, of which there are two.

What you are trying to do is what scholars have been trying to do since the 19th century, that is, to combine the 62 and 7 into a concecutive 69 that began after the Babylonian captivity. You've presented a popular interpretation that seems to have merit except for the fact that Gabriel specifically says "after the 62 'sevens' the annointed one will be cut off"...

I'm not ignoring the other seven 'weeks', I'm saying that they didn't come into effect until 1967. ("from the decree[1967]...until the annointed one...there will be 7 'weeks'...") or ('from the decree[after babylon]...until the annointed one...there will be 62 'weeks'...") We can apply this subject/object contextual understanding to what Gabriel said - especially now that there have been TWO decrees to restore Jerusalem to Israel. It's now easy to see.

Respectfully, adherence to the faulty interpretation has not allowed many to see that the "70th week" was fulfilled right before our eyes.

You've stated that the events between 1993-2000 could be a shadow of the real prophecy - so my question is: what seven year treaty are you looking for? Are you looking for all of these manmade assumptions attatched to the prophecy to occur first?... Things that aren't actually written? Such as, "first a third temple must be built" and that "the one who causes desolation" is necessarily the so-called 'anti-christ'? These things aren't even implied in the words of Gabriel, they are later fabrications of men.

On a personal note, I don't believe for a second that there are 'shadows' of prophetic fulfillment or 'practice runs' of any kind. I see that everything written is literal and specific in detail. I think that the 'metaphysical' aspects of God's word are actually very practical concepts when viewed in the light of truth. I don't think there's anything mystical or beyond the ability of mankind to grasp in any of the Bible. Rather, I believe that church leaders who lack understanding fill in the gaps of their knowledge with shady or esoteric conceptualizations that serve to confuse more than illuminate.

[edit on 1/7/08 by shaell]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shaell

Hello again, Hon. All I can say is you also need to take Ezekiel, Amos, Jeremiah, and John's Revelation into consideration for the end times. Remember, even Gabriel told Daniel that he was only getting a piece of the future and not all of the details. Paul's epistles also offer us things to take into consideration. Hope that helps. Again, I focused mainly on the original fulfillment on Daniel's 70 sevens prophecy while you are focusing on the modern fulfillment.

Question, though. What about the 3 1/2 years after the "abomination of desolation" and the additional 1,290 and 1,335 days? How do you think this was fulfilled? If the seven year covenant was finished in 2000 A.D., what was supposed to happen that you think did? You probably mentioned it somewhere on this thread before but if you could paste it here I would appreciate it. Do you think the prophecies in Revelation are still to come or coincided with this treaty during 1993-2000? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oganmy

Correct becaause the 42 month period starts this year July4th 13 days after we enter the sun sign of cancer Thr Lion King The Beast will take his throne.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You've stated that the events between 1993-2000 could be a shadow of the real prophecy - so my question is: what seven year treaty are you looking for? Are you looking for all of these manmade assumptions attatched to the prophecy to occur first?... Things that aren't actually written? Such as, "first a third temple must be built" and that "the one who causes desolation" is necessarily the so-called 'anti-christ'? These things aren't even implied in the words of Gabriel, they are later fabrications of men. [edit on 1/7/08 by shaell]

But there is evidence that the temple will be rebuilt and the antichrist will proclaim that he is God.

II Thessalonians chapter 4 "who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God."

In addition: Daniel 11 36 "Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done."

Ariel Sharon never claimed to be God...

Nor did he perform any actions as described above.

To add to that, the temple will be rebuilt. Check out www.templeinstitute.org Although I did not stop there when visiting Jerusalem, you can take a tour of the facility if you go to Israel.

It is no joke! They have produced virtually all the euipment for the third temple. The candelabra is made of PURE SOLID GOLD!!! Gold just passed $900 an ounce, do the math when looking at this sucker www.templeinstitute.org...

Do I have ALL THE ANSWERS, I only pray that Jesus will reveal them to me. But I do know that we are certainly in the final stages. How much turmoil will we go thru, we will see... Keep in mind that just as God protected Lot & Moses along with their families, so will the believers in Jesus Christ be saved!

[edit on 15-1-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaell

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by shaell

1993 - 2000 was a time of relative peace and prosperity (as opposed to the so-called "tribulation" forecast for these prophetic events).
The internet came of age. Clinton balanced the economy. Prosperity was abundant. Hope ruled. The Hale-boppe comet flew over. Another comet struck Jupiter in plain sight of Earth. The Phoenix lights marked the very central day that the "daily sacrifice" was cut off (March 13, 1997).

How could the daily scarifice be CUT OFF when they have yet to be reinstated as they were in days of old? Exactly what sacrifices are you alluding to?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For an interesting look into the prophecy of Ezekiel you might want to look into the book Epicenter. It was written by Joel C. Rosenberg and is a very interesting look into this paticular prophecy. I am currently in the process of reading it.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaell
Specifically, the day and hour of Christ's return can not be known

Daniel chapteer 2 talks about kindom falling and rising. It talks about bablyon,greec,persian, roman. Right after roman it talks about Gods kindom coming. So i do think we are in the end of times. I think we only in like the first two or three maybe four seals being open. Plus we must remember revelations is going to happen over a period of time. Long time.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Step into the future and tell everyone how the world will end. iProphesy is free end times prophesy game. Check it out before it is too late!
-----------------
shehanaaz
free end times prophesy game

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have read a lot of the posts on this thread (admitedly not all - I found them a little "same-ish") and the one thing that always comes to mind (and if I've missed a thread that brings this up please forgive me) is that people always want to ascribe a prediction to things that are considered to be mystical, religious esoteric, etc. People have been doing this for years with Nostradamus' centuries. The problem is always that people start making things "fit". It always seems to me that the idea comes first and then there is the act of looking for things to prove it in books such as the bible etc. I have even heard of people finding hidden meanings in Lord of the Rings: fine book though it is, it is a fantasy. Any credibilty to a prediction in any book or document is only as sound as a) the interpreter and b) the truth in the book concerned. There are many threads on this site concerned with the truth or otherwise of the bible and the problem lies in what anyone actually "believes". The point is that we should be very careful when looking for proofs that are only contained in that which in itself may be a lie. i

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah, uh hears something that fits, I have thought for the last decade that we finally had one language.
That being the internet.
Now anyone anywhere can exchange ideas with anyone anywhere.
Last time mankind had that ability and worked for one goal, that being building the tower of Babel, the story in Genisis 11, God scattered confused mankinds languange and scattered them about.
The future is only clear in the rearveiw.
But it is clear even from this position looking forward, never, have we lived in a world such as what mankind has today.
Big changes ahead, of that all agree.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think we all agree that the world seems to be going to hell on a handcart, that is obvious from so many things. But there are also so many good things about the modern world that tend to be ignored. Science and technology are cleft sticks but it seems to me that for everything bad that comes as a result of these there are just as many if not more advantages. Medical science means that people are healthier and live longer. The technology that has caused "global warming" can also find ways of fighting it (that is if it is actually caused by humans - there is a lot of evidence to suggest that our climate is cyclical). War and starvation have always been with us (even since biblical times) and the "end of the world" has been nigh for centuries. Yes, there are worrying things happening (CERN for example) but I think we should look to ourselves to find solutions instead of rolling over and dying because the book (whatever it is) tells us that disaster is inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join