It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Debate Series

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Debates for Teams 1 and 2 are now up and ready.

Chissler v. Intrepid: www.abovetopsecret.com...

GAOTU789 v Skyfloating: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And remember.....

I will be watching..

Semper

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So will we. I assume you've noticed that gauntlet lying at your feet.

Keep in your mind the same thing that's on mine right now: If you lose, everyone will smell blood in the water and the dream will be over.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow things certainly got shaken up while i was away today, sorry to hear about Semper and Nyk although the Memoryshock and Semper championship bout is going to be great to watch

I'm happy with my topic and good luck to The Borg the rematch is on
as soon as my the thread is posted i will begin.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Teams 3 and 4 can get it on just as soon as Chissler recieves my U2Us and posts the threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh man!!!!!!

If I lose the sharks will descend on me....

Maybe MS will have mercy on me....

Semper

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey Argos,

Which side do ya want on this one? I'd prefer the Pro Side, if at all possible, but I'm comfortable on either.

Being biased on something like this makes debating it kinda hard, but that's the fun in the debate. I love a good challenge. So, with that in mind, I'll let ya decide what side ya want. Lemme know, ok?

Good Luck, and Happy Hunting,
TheBorg

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Accuse him of Christmas carolling. He hates it when you do that. lol

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Hey The Borg i think i'll stay with the pro side on this one. For 3 reasons:

1) I'm English so American border policy and issues are pretty foreign to me.

2) That being said i see myself at a disadvantage to you on this one already so wouldn't want to give you a further increased advantage by allowing you to fight for the side you would like lol.

3) I've already spent a couple of hours researching my side of the position and have almost figured out how i'm going to go at this one.

But if your not happy about this i see no reason why we cant change the topic at least i've learned a lot more about US border control etc lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Argos

Bah, go for it. I once debated MORE gun laws in the US and I'm a Canuck(it's the side I was given). Can't be more behind the 8 ball than that.

I believe I lost 6-2. I was surprised to get 2 votes. Challenge yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Argos buddy, I'll pull the con end. I have the privilege to be living in the very country that this junk is going on in, so I can debate either side of it quite well.

Hold on to your pants, cause this one's gonna be fun!!

Callin' from Good Ole Tijuana,
TheBorg

[Edit for spelling.]

[edit on 21-12-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Those are two great topics. I noticed you didn't assign yourself the file sharing topic.

I have to work a 14 hour day today and have a staff Christmas party tomorrow night so my opening won't be posted until Sunday, just to give ya's a heads up. I may get it done Saturday evening before I leave for the party but I am not sure. It will be done by Sunday though..

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Alright. To inform you and the Vagabond: I´ll be gone for 3 weeks by Sunday with the possibility to read your post by Monday and respond to it by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Regular response times should be re-established by the 2nd of January where there will at least be internet-cafes nearby.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've authored the threads for Vagabond/Byrd, & Argos/TheBorg.

Links can be found here:
  • Round 1. Argos v The Borg: There Goes The Neighborhood
  • Round 1: The Vagabond v Byrd: New World Disorder

Do my eyes deceive me? Have I drawn the formidable intrepid, in the first round? Oh me, oh my! The subject matter of this one doesn't leave me frothing from the mouth, but I think we'll be able to work a little something up for this.

'trep, good luck my friend. (But not too much)

• posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:31 PM
    link   
    There were a couple of topics that I REALLY REALLY wanted, as long as i could get the side that I wanted (file sharing and illegal immigration) but that's exactly why I decided on how I was going to dole out topics BEFORE I went through the suggested topics to make selections. Maybe I'll do a challenge match on file sharing sometime so I can get the side I want.

Thanks Chissler

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:20 AM
    link   
    To GAOTU & the Schedule-Committee

Just stopping by to respond to your opening, but I see you havent opened our debate yet. As Im on travels and most Internet Cafes are closed over Christmas, Ill try to get back on by Wednesday, for sure by Thursday. I thank the Vagabond for patience over the Holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:30 AM
    link   
    Speaking of delays, I'm going to be a tad late on a response myself in my debate with Argos. I've already got a plan in mind, but I've gotta sit down and hammer out the specs of the posts, and the order they'll go in. I've been working a boatload this week, and I gotta work in a while, so it'll prolly be sometime on late Tuesday before I get it finished.

Just letting everyone know,

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:19 AM
    link   
    Merry Christmas everyone, and don't let the schedule trouble you over the holiday. I'd hate to have one of you snap on an in-law because of the added pressure of the debates.

I may or may not be around tomorrow, or, later today rather. Experience says that I'll be end up spending a lot more time than I want to on games that I'm no good at and conversations I don't want to have.

Then there's the post-holiday drinking with all the other guys from the kiddy table, and that eats up a lot of my holiday evenings (the oldest of us is 28, the youngest is 21, but we're still at the kiddy table because everytime a seat opens up at the grownup table, one of my aunts remarries).

A couple of years ago, all of my aunts were married, and my grandpa died. This made my uncle Frank the only man at the "grownup table" who had been in the family for over a year. So he abdicated the throne and came to the kiddy table. That left two seats open at the "grownup table".

You know how we handled that? I kid you not, I can't make this up, my brother got married and my cousin started bringing his girlfriend, and those girls took a free pass to the grownup table their first time out, and left their men at the kiddy table. I don't think that was the plan, but that's what happened, may god strike me dead.

So to make a long story short, there will be a lot of absurdity and whiskey and pleasantries standing between me and my ATS addiction tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:42 PM
    link   
    Merry Christmas!

Just popping in for a second to apologize for not having my response up when I had hoped. I'm out of town for a few more days, but will be back on Friday. So I'd expect to have my first response up sometime that evening.

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 04:46 PM
    link   
    No worries chissler. Maybe in the spirit of the seasons we debate will imbibing?
    Mind you I do that all the time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join