It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Debate Series

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Next week we will begin a long-running exhibition series.

The workings of it will be a little interesting, here's how it goes:

There will be between 3 and 5 teams, depending on interest.

Each team will consist of 1 moderator and one debater with a ranking of 4 or less.

Both members of each team will enter 1 on 1 debates against the corresponding members of another team.

For example: If Team 1 is The Vagabond and NYK537 and Team 2 is Intrepid and Xtrozero, then in round 1 it's Team 1 v Team 2, then The Vagabond will have a one on one debate with Intrepid and NYK537 will have a one on one with Xtrozero.

Future rounds will not be held immediately, this will be a long-running event which stops and stars as the schedules of participants allows, and timelimits will be significantly loosened.

The series concludes once every team has faced every other team, at which the combined number of wins for each team will be counted up to determine the winners. This means that not only the respective skill of the fighters is important, but their ability to help eachother develop and meet the challenge of tough opponents will also be critical.

Intrepid, Byrd, Chissler, Gools, and myself have expressed interest so far, so members who have debated before but who have rankings of 4 or less might want to contact one of us as potential partners. Moderation will be handled by a moderator who is not participating.

We hope to get hold the first round starting monday, so anyone who is interested should speak up quickly.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would love to join in on this but am computerless at the moment. That may be temporary remedied as a friend has offered an old comp to hold me till after xmas.

So sign me up and I'll have a definitive answer by tomorrow evening whether I can participate or not. I'll hook up with a Canadian Mod if they'll have me.

Great idea by the way.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I hereby express interest...of course.

So if anyone wants to team up, post it right here.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ok I am in. I'll have a computer by early next week.

Surprised there isn't more response to this. Maybe a u2u to the qualified fighters would be in order. Just a suggestion

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm in 1000%.

BTW Vagabond,

My current situation should be alleviating in a few days and I'll be back to full operational status by the middle of next week.

So no worries there.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Count me in, if anyone would like to team up just reply here or u2u me. I have less than 4 btw.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Great idea I am interested could we get a list of teams so I know what moderators and members are still available to team up with should I sign on the dotted line ?
What topics will be debated ?
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

To help clarify things for members who aren't sure exactly what to do, it is up to you to find a team mate. Obviously that team mate needs to be a staff member. The staff members who are participating here are:

• intrepid
  • Byrd
  • Gools
  • chissler
  • The Vagabond

At this point, GAOTU789 and I have officially teamed up and will compile one of the teams. If you are a member, you are interested in participating, and meet the requirements laid forth by The Vagabond, send a u2u to one of the staff members listed and try to team up.

Should be a lot of fun.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by chissler]

• posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 08:09 PM
    link   
    Skyfloating and I are teamed up.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:01 AM
    link   
    I will be partnering with Argos.

Byrd and Gools appear to still be unpaired for anyone else who wants in.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:41 AM
    link   
    Having given the matter some thought it has occurred that I wont have time to take part in the team debate series. But I do want to lend my support to the concept and offer my encouragement to those who are going to take part.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 11:39 AM
    link   
    This is a great idea.. BUT...

What about those of us with more than 4 points???

Semper

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:52 PM
    link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

They could make an exception and say "all under 4 points + the reigning champion can participate".

Especially if no one else is found for the Tournament.

But maybe its better to stay out...competition will be tough.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:49 PM
    link   

Semper

I'd like to know where this rating system is. I have NO idea about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'd like to know where this rating system is. I have NO idea about it.

Ranking

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 01:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks. Seems like I'm unranked. Haven't debated formally in quite a while. You might want to rethink your choice.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:06 PM
    link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Thanks. Seems like I'm unranked. Haven't debated formally in quite a while. You might want to rethink your choice.

This is only my second tournament here. I got the hang of it by browsing through the older debates at the "Member Debates" section.

Since you are the ATS-member with the highest post-count, and I am hell-bent on winning, I think we have a fair chance

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:12 PM
    link   

That doesn't prove that I'm a good debater, it just means I have a big mouth.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
    link   

Semper

I'm not certain but i think you'd be qualified enough that if you found a fighter with a ranking less than 4 points you two could enter as a team.

You would have to check with The Vagabond though.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:03 PM
    link   
    I'd love to get in on this...

But the rules are the rules....

You can bet I'll be watching closely though...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join