It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim helps Jews attacked on New York subway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by kdial1

What you've said, I could have said myself. Told the same story. And it's strange, too, because you meet so many cool, interesting, and generous people and yet when you are away from them and among your own family you feel as if you're odd in some way when you really aren't. Your grandparents and parents have that ability to make you feel odd because you think different and live your life different than they have lived theirs. And this is why social progress is very slow with humans, I think. No one can deny the comfort factor that comes when everybody is in agreement. Many folks know better ways of life but they repress those ideas and what they know for the comfort factor. The less friction, the easier it is to survive on the path to success. That's the main reason that folks do not change their ways, I think.

Exactly! I tell them my opinions since I have been out there and seen it and they are small town people caught up on propaganda. I tell them the TRUTH, unfortunately I am not one for conflict and I respect them so I just let them believe what they want to believe.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
some people here a just full of BS.....

That certainly doesn't apply to me, "Christian..."
Emphasis on the quotation marks...

[edit on 13-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I could not agree more with you buddy. The guys on tthe train were not true Christians though. True Christians treat jews as brethren. They are after all the founders of our religion too.

I commend Askari for stepping up to the plate. The guys probly would have gone after him to for being Muslim. I hope they enjoy their Christmas locked up

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

One member of the group allegedly yelled, "Oh, Hanukkah. That's the day that the Jews killed Jesus," she said.

Ignorance is the true root of all evil. This issue isn't about religion, it's about how people's perceptions, opinion's, and reaction's can be warped and perverted by ignorance, even to the point that they see somebody as less than human. Along with their sentence those people should be forced to read a few books. I don't mean that as an attack or to say their stupid (which is different from being ignorant); I mean it literally.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it is a plague that we have to strive to eradicate.

No matter who you think your savior is for the next life (if indeed you believe in an afterlife or higher power), in this life, our only savior is knowledge and the pursuit of wisdom.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmyboi23
[I could not agree more with you buddy. The guys on tthe train were not true Christians though.

I am starting to come to that conclusion as well..

Unfortunately for Christianity, there are many pretenders parading around.. I know that a TRUE Christian, which even Christ said there were few of, would never do what these young punks did...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Very true.. I suppose that's why I have such an affinity for the Gnostics, they viewed knowledge, particularly spiritual knowledge, as a means to an end. It is quite obvious that anyone who views Hanukah as being related to the death of Christ, does not feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There are a lot of Christians who dont like Jews and that is has been the case since the last 2000 years. The catholic church has played a part in inculcating this animosity to a point over the last few centuries but even without that the resurgence of fanatical Christianity has made some impact as well.

But it was pretty unwise of the Jewish guy to respond. He could have just kept quiet and gone on his way and instead he wanted to be heard. It is common sense that you should not provoke a gang. I dont see why this guy wanted to say something back ? There are many crazies on the subway that come on everyday and say and do crazy things on the subway. As a newyorker they are supposed to just look the other way and stare.

I dont think their is any great story here except for the fact the guy jumped up to defend the Jewish guy. It just shows in Ny there are still a lot of good decent people who will go out of their way to help out.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
im starting to think that all middle east people are violent now not muslims... cronulla riots anyone ?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
so you arent allowed to talk negative to jews or you will go to jail and be charged with 100crimes?

Wow, this is a perfect example of racial prejudice in favor of jews.

The article clearly states only 1 person punched 1 person once!!!!
REREAD WHAT I SAID!

why are 10ppl arrested and charged with a plethora of crimes? I smell a load of BS!

stuff like this makes me hate all religions...go ahead and charge me with a hate crime! its true, all religions are prejudice !%()@&@

im sick of the media exploiting stories like this to PERPETUATE STEREOTYPES and RASCISM!

any christian that reads this story will hate the jews
and all the jews will hate all the christians

Great holidays! Thanks corporate Media! You make this world Suck!

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
so you arent allowed to talk negative to jews or you will go to jail and be charged with 100crimes?

actually hate crimes in NYC cover hate of all kind. if you call someone the n word and punch them, you will be slapped with a hate crime charge. not just for jews.

REREAD WHAT I SAID!

wow, a magic fist that landed two black eyes, one split lip and a broken nose on TWO people. that makes the magic bullet look lame. It was a fight. punches were thrown.

im sick of the media exploiting stories like this to PERPETUATE STEREOTYPES and RASCISM!

the story wasn't about christians doing nothing, it was trying to show that muslims and jews don't always fight eachother. an attempt to turn an ugly moment on the subway into a promising story about seperating our differences.

any christian that reads this story will hate the jews
and all the jews will hate all the christians

no it won't. how does anyone know the religion of everyone else on the train? Maybe it was filled with a bunch of buddhists? we don't know. What we do know is a group of punks attacked a group of jews and one muslim man stood up and helped them.

For the record, one of the punks was getting ready to serve time for another violent hate crime. Their myspace or facebook page (don't know which was in the papers) shows them posing with guns and acting out scenes of violence. these were not model citizens. these were thug kids with hate on the brain. when they shouted Merry Christmas on the subway the jewish kids may or may not have meant to provoke them but the jewish kids probably didn't know what they were dealing with either.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

i was trying to make a simple statement of truth without getting too religiously involved;i'll try to undo my mistake---------romans 2:28-29 the apostle paul states: he is NOT a jew who is one outward nor is circumcision that which is in the flesh.29but he is A jew who is one inwardly;and circumcision is that which is of the heart,by the spirit,not by the letter;and his praise is not from men,but from G-D.a real gentile or jewish christian becomes a spiritual jew because the Messiah is a jew.revelation3;9behold,I will cause those of the synagogue of satan,who say they are jews(christians)and are not but Lie--I will make them come and bow down at your feet and make them know that I have loved you(christians)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah, punched for saying Happy freaking Hanukah...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

stuff like this makes me hate all religions...go ahead and charge me with a hate crime! its true, all religions are prejudice !%()@&@

Well, that is the exact awakening I experienced in regard sto this whole "war on terrorism," and the Muslim and christian involvement in it. People think that I just hate Abrahamic religion... No, but when I see a world where two of the major players in the Abrahamic tradition are creating a large percentage of the problems in this world, then it makes me indignant, yes.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a Muslim helps out a jew
and we have a topic thats turned into a war zone

i wont reply to the rest
but this person just goes to show regardless of Faith he was willing to stand up for someone that wasnt muslim

a True Muslim

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have to agree it's just as unfair to use this incident to demonize Christians as it is to use the actions of Islamic extremists to demonize Muslims.

My political beliefs put me at odds with the Religious Right on a regular basis, and I have to watch that line myself. It's too easy to adopt an ignorant dislike for a large group of people due to the actions of a few.

If we're going to have a society that preaches religious & cultural tolerance, that has to include not only Muslims & Jews but Christians as well (and any other faith).

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

ouch----------i'm trying to be nice-----and i get shot to ***.if you want to see a war zone check out page 27 of the thread;muhammad-prophet or profiteer of god

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I think you were referring to this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't mean to offend, just pointing out that it has nothing to do with faith.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Calling people ignorant doesn't change your post. You heavily implied that older Americans/people in general were ignorant of the world. That is total BS. I have traveled the world, most likely some of that took place before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. I am fluent in three languages, spoken, and five written if I take my time. I have been involved in a multitude of "diverse" cultures. Not all of us "oldsters" are ignorant.

Get off your high horse about how enlightened your generation is. Certainly I know people a third my age who are not so intollerant. If you have the time between your blackberry and your mettings, re-read youtr own post. It is downgrading to we people of a few years. It shows the ignorance of youth to the fullest extent, short of you joining these punks that attacked someone for reasons they didn't likely really comprehend.

I could care less that you had someone 50 plus as part of your wedding, that sounds just like the old saw about how I can't be a racist because I have black friends. Yes you can, you're just not able to face the fact.

I will not let you off the hook for your post in this manner. Labeling all elders the way you did is not only ignorant, it is a form of slander towards an entire group.

You have only two choices in this matter; a retraction of your blanket statement or being seen as an "age intollerant" reactionary.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
now,now NGC...

I will say this, having had older parents, my dad was 42 and my mother was 35 by the time I came along. I was either an accident or someone destined for greatness, I haven't seemed to figure out which one yet,
I can tell you that people who are 50 and over really don't have a firm grasp on what is happening in this world.

How could they? They come from an era that was so diametrically different,and better in my opinion, from the current society, they couldn't possibly understand what it's like to be thirty years of age and younger in today's world...

[edit on 14-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Alright folks, take a deep breath, a smoke if that's your thing and calm down. Let's keep it civil.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join