It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim helps Jews attacked on New York subway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Muslim helps Jews attacked on New York subway

www.cnn.com

Friday's altercation on the Q train began when somebody yelled out "Merry Christmas," to which rider Walter Adler responded, "Happy Hanukkah," said Toba Hellerstein.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

"A Muslim-American saved us when our own people were on the train and didn't do anything," Adler said.

Can someone relay this story to everyone in palestine and Israel? We can also kill people with kindness, you know.

I really liked reading this, and hope that more people with distorted perceptions of the conflict can take solace in this message of hope.

Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanza (sp?)
And all the rest!

AAC

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
you mean muslims arn't hellbent on destruction and killing?
news to me..

[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Most people in the US are stuck on this idea that all muslims are extremists and have labeled all of the muslim community as evil. I have noticed this especially in the older generation of folks. Unfortunately this generation is being fed information by the news which they believe everyword of. Extremists can be found in every religion unfortunately. I hate to talk about religion on here cause this can be debated forever and there is some people you cannot change. For instance my grandparents hate Barrack Obama simply because he was muslim. I told them they were being ignorant and asked them how many muslims they knew......their answer......none.....and what is feeding them this information about muslims.....the news.

I have many friends from many different religions and my travels around the world I have found that most people from every different religion are very nice people. Unfortunately the news only reports on the extremists in religion.....of course thats what everyone wants right.

Thats all the news will report on!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've read a lot of stories of photographers and such travelling around the world and documenting remote places, and according to a lot of these guys Muslims are the most hospitable and considerate people they have ever met.

In that subway carriage, religion didn't matter. But unfortunately, that is not so in the Oval Office and other such places of decision making.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

I have worked in alot of different countries as a defense contractor (Egypt, Israel, Spain, DuBai, Poland, Singapore) just to name a few and I all of these people from different religions and backrounds are very nice and hospitable people. Like I said the news just reports the bad stuff and of course people that don't get out and rely on the news are oblivious and believe whatever the news says.....it is sad really.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

"A Muslim-American saved us when our own people were on the train and didn't do anything," Adler said.

Until this type of mentality changes, we are still a waze off from any type of racial harmony here on Earth.

I'm just sayin............

[edit on 12/12/2007 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, I have said repeatedly that the sorriest thing about what is currently going on in the world today is that a lot of innocent, GOOD people are going to suffer for the actions of a few. There are many people of Middle Eastern and Muslim descent who are very kind people.. I weep for them.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Another fine example of Islam, the so called "religion of peace"

I never thought I would say that.

In all seriousness, every one of those attackers will be spending Christmas in jail, so Merry Christmas to them.

There would be no reason to not charge them with a hate crime. The purpose of the conflict was because they did not like the Jewish passenger, and they acted out of anger only because he is Jewish.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Why is this news? Are there people that actually think that all Muslims and Jews hate each other? What's going to be the next story, "White man is saved from being hit by car by black man! Amazing!"?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's stories like this that pull me back when I feel like giving up on humanity.

Bravo to Hassan Askari, a man whose courageous action will hopefully inspire some people to take a moment to think.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What I thought was stupid is that one of the "christians" said, "Hannukah, oh, that's the day the Jews killed Jesus." What? You have got to be freaking kidding me!! Like I always say, "Christians" have a tendency of blowing off at the mouth about belief systems they know absolutely nothing about...
If one is that freaking stupid, just keep your trap shut!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Herman

I don't know about you but I'd rather hear this from the media in lue of the irrelevant iranian diatribe.

But that's just me.

AAC

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

To show how intelligent these devout Christians where....

One member of the group allegedly yelled, "Oh, Hanukkah. That's the day that the Jews killed Jesus,"

Took me a while to stop laughing at that...

Talk about ignorance! Hope they get a good punishment so they think twice before going on another Subway Crusade.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Which is why I take pleasure in pointing out that the Christmas Tree is a Pagan tradition. It's even better when those trees are topped with pentacles (5 pointed stars).

Christmas is amusing as it's one time that Christians pay homage to the old Gods.

It warms my heart.

On Topic:
This is a great little story... until you flip it over an look at what really spawned the event. Popular Ignorant Intolerance of Christian Americans. It also points out the ugly indifference that people show one another these days. There were other people on the train... only this one foreigner had the balls and heart to step forward and take a thumping on behalf of an innocent man.

Sorry to be a kill-joy.

Happy Yuletide everyone.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Rockpuck, yeah, that was the statement I was referring to. It was ridiculous

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

BitRaiser, while I am not going to get into a big discussion with you on that, you're right, not to mention it is celebrated on Dec. 25th, yet another pagan holiday..

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Hehe, yeah, we don't need to derail the thread, but I thought I'd toss that out there because I've had personal related experience.

I don't say "Merry Christmas", because I personally believe that Christmas is a very bastardized concept. Bastardized by Christians in an attempt to cover the original Pagan holiday and bastardized by capitalism to feed the corporate engine.

Rather, I say "Happy Yuletide", which is closer to the original Pagan holiday.
To this, I get a lot of questions. I'm happy to explain, but I unfortunately get a lot of hostile reactions. I once had a Catholic priest get rather upset with me... I thought he might take a swing. I've had Mormons threaten me. I've had Joe "I say I'm Christian even though I never go to church" tell me I'm evil.

You'd think I'd just give up and conform, eh?
Hehe, nawp. Way to friggen stubborn.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What a good bit of news for a change.

And even better, no one got shot and killed and these guys can live another day and hopefully learn better,if they havn`t already.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Askari was first handcuffed alongside them, but he was released when Adler told police he was not an attacker, Hellerstein said.

Wonder if he was handcuffed due to prejudice? Could be wrong though...

I LOLed my face off at:

One member of the group allegedly yelled, "Oh, Hanukkah. That's the day that the Jews killed Jesus," she said.

Some people's ignorance is well amusing. Poor fools.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join