It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim helps Jews attacked on New York subway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I'm thinking they were referring to every other person on that train that sat there and did or said nothing to help them.

Out of curiousity, would you have stood up and lent a hand?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Good story. Religion is being brought into this because to those that follow MSM Muslims are incapable of supporting Jews. And vice versa. THAT is the only reason imo. The attacker were Christian? Why, because they were white? So they said "Merry Christmas". That doesn't make them Christian, in fact their actions prove otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by IvanZana

I'm thinking they were referring to every other person on that train that sat there and did or said nothing to help them.

Out of curiousity, would you have stood up and lent a hand?

I probably would have told them the truth about Christ and his meaning, and would have said that Jews are also God's people and he cares for them. What would the muslim guy done if that was said, probably nothing as he seemed good natured? But being in America and people with Guns, I guess I do not know that is another type of risk.

''The 10 suspects, ages 19 to 20, were taken into custody, said Brooklyn district attorney spokesman Sandy Silverstein''.

Obviously these are just ignorant teens and would like a fight for the sake of it, but obviously hyprocritical in their approach and in their age range behaviour that happens more often with young people.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Actually ..as a historical record the Jewish leadership did kill Jesus by getting the Romans involved and they in turn..turned it over to the Jewish leadership who traded him in a death sentance with a convicted person named Barabas.

Nevertheless it was not these Jews on this subway who killed Jesus. Kind of difficult to get to these Jewish leaders some 2000 years later.

I have to agree with some of the posters here...some people are mentally challanged. Or was the term used..by some posters..intelligent.

Well..nevertheless I agree either way.

I dont celebrate Christmas. Gave it up years ago. No intrest in it..but I do agree...some of these people will be spending thier Merry Christmas as guests of this city.

I dont care what holidays or such people celebrate..that is their buisness. I dont take offense at this. I just dont celebrate myself. I have enough civility to mind my own buisness in these things.

I think it is great that a muslim stood up and conducted themselves in the name of civility and decency. My congratulations to Hassan Askari for his deceny and civility.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Only if you believe in the new testiment would you believe the jews killed jesus. The book in my eyes certainly isn't a historical record of who killed him. It's more like a story to me, IMHO.

But, I do respect you and your beliefs. I think we all should believe in something.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Not that it matters much. but I do not think the Hanukkah comment made by those kids was meant to be taken as seriously. It was something ignorant that was said in order to put fear into the hearts of those who they were about to attack. To attack someone, whether that is a war or a one on one fistfight, you have to demonize and demoralize the other side.

I agree, but, if somebody had said that to me in an attempt to scare me, I would have laughed right at their face.

Personally, I would have used a, "Your mum..." phrase. Joke!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
good find!

i'm happy that we can all come to the aid of each other when people are being bigoted idiots... though one part of the story saddened me

Askari was first handcuffed alongside them, but he was released when Adler told police he was not an attacker, Hellerstein said.

...they assumed he was an attacker when he was the brave man that stepped in to help

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
as a Muslim, I think this is a relief since all the mainstream media sources portray Muslims as evil cynical savages trying to shove our beliefs down your throats. honestly, if people would just get over the xenophobia and get to know people and get along the world would be a MUCH better place. right now I'm a freshman in high school and I've received some anti-Islamic comments but I just ignore them because you can't blame people for what the media forces into their heads.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
good find!though one part of the story saddened me

Askari was first handcuffed alongside them, but he was released when Adler told police he was not an attacker, Hellerstein said.

...they assumed he was an attacker when he was the brave man that stepped in to help

Why does this sadden you? Any police officer worth his or her salt will want everyone under control. Until an assailant is positively identified, surely everyone should be under suspicion.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Bunch
[Is there a specific way we Christians supposed to dress? Guess I miss that memo.

I dress just like that too! But look better though.

I have to say,when I think Christian, I don't think of a person who is dressed in baggy jeans and a bandana on their head...

And what do you think? The POPE? lol, some people here a just full of BS..... I dont want my religion dictating to me what I need to wear thats no what I look for religion, for fashion I go to the mall, now do I dress like that to church? Obviously not.

Have you ever heard of R&B and Hip Hop gospel? Probably not. Religion is not about what you wear or how educated you are or how much money you have. There are plenty people that go to church in suit and tie and are morally corrupted on the inside.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Would it be safe to say then that a Christian isn't someone that would gang beat the # out of someone?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Bunch

Would it be safe to say then that a Christian isn't someone that would gang beat the # out of someone?

Please tell me your not being serious? Well in case you are, of course NOT.

What surprise me the most is that this stupid incident took place in the first place. Can even say something like that to a person without fear of someone dont liking it? Is just sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

muslim helps jews in trouble?----------------no way that this guy is really a muslim-----------doesnt matter who his parents are or what he thinks his religion is---------at heart he is a jew-------but dont tell his religion/race this-----------they would probably try to murder someone that loves G-D this way.luke 10:33-37 what all of us are supposed to do(so says Messiah) for someone in trouble---------i'm a jew but i would hate to see anyone being victimised in a criminal assault regardless of if they were an arab or not etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of R&B and Hip Hop gospel?

No, and I hope that I don't ever, because my ears might bleed, it's like putting AIDS and Cancer together; two horrible things in they're own right.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

Have you ever heard of R&B and Hip Hop gospel?

No, and I hope that I don't ever, because my ears might bleed, it's like putting AIDS and Cancer together; two horrible things in they're own right.

Add to that a Christian message and it really must be sickening!

Jeez...... some people here never cease to amaze me.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

They should have been arrested for shocking fashion sense at the very least on top of the other charges.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm going to put on my tin hat for a moment because there's something that bothers me about this story and I can't put my finger on it.

Not that it isn't a lovely story. I was all 'aw' as well as most people were when I read it. But.

As I poked about the internet, I noticed that the story wasn't the same in every venue. Sometimes it was ten attackers. Then 14. Or, first it was that THEY were wishing everyone merry christmas and the jewish guy replied and that instigated it all. Then it was that the jewish guy was telling folks Happy hanukkah FIRST. Then, it was either just him and his girlfriend, or him and 3 friends. Also, the man who stepped in to help, he said something like, "I saw this guy getting beat up and I knew if I didn't step in to help him he'd be in trouble." Uhm, against ten guys? He thought he'd make a difference? And what happened to the other people with the jewish couple? Why weren't THEY intereviewed or even named? We don't even know if they were male or female.

I found video of the people and the girl says(I'm paraphrasing), "I just hope that this gets spread around all over the internet so that people know that a muslim came to help a jew."

It felt...predisposed. How convinient that the group that was arrested had MySpace pages with PICTURES no less, showing them pointing guns at one of the girls, pretending to accost her, etc.

I have no evidence that this is staged. Hence, my disclaimer of Ye Ole Tin Hat. But something feels akward here.

Maybe I should just have a little more trust, hmm?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
at heart he is a jew

on the contrary. in his heart he's a human being. anyone that would idly sit by and watch someone get beat up because they believe in this god or that god or they're this color or that color is less than human in my eyes. what this guy did was what any human being should have done, regardless of their religion, color, race etc.

the fact that it was a muslim helping a jew simply furthers the belief that we are all one race on this planet.

the human race.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

What are you even talking about? Could you please clarify, because I'd hate to respond to your seemingly naive statement if it was not what you intended to represent.

AAC

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
The reason so many people think Muslims are evil is one simple word PROPAGANDA! Turn off your tv's and you will realize there is an entire world out there that is peaceful and not hell bent on destruction.

"Public opinion deals with indirect, unseen and puzzling facts, and there is nothing obvious about them. The situations to which public opinion refers are known only as opinions, pictures inside heads of human beings, pictures of themselves, of others, of their needs, purposes and relationships, are their public opinions. These pictures which are acted up upon by groups are PUBLIC OPINION with capital letters. The picture inside the head often misleads men in their dealings with the world outside their heads. -Walter Lippman"

“When I was Times bureau chief in Washington, I was a member of the League of Gentlemen ; otherwise I never would have been bureau chief. Time after time, good reporters...complained about not being able to get stories in the paper. And time after time I said to them, ‘You’re just not going to get that in the New York Times... it’s too reliant on your judgement rather than on official judgement, it’s too complex, it contradicts the official record more flagrantly than the conventions of daily journalism allow.’”

— Tom Wicker
New York Times columnist

“Following the same course that virtually every other major industry has in the last two decades, a relentless series of mergers and corporate takeovers has consolidated control of the media into the hands of a few corporate behemoths. “The result has been that an increasingly authoritarian agenda has been sold to the American people by a massive, multi-tentacled media machine that has become,
for all intents and purposes, a propaganda organ of the state.”

— David McGowan

I agree on the propaganda that is put out there.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Originally posted by kdial1
Most people in the US are stuck on this idea that all muslims are extremists and have labeled all of the muslim community as evil. I have noticed this especially in the older generation of folks. Unfortunately this generation is being fed information by the news which they believe everyword of.

I have to call you on the above assertion. This is every bit as much a blanket pronouncement as any made towards a religion. It shows your lack of understanding, and your intolerance towards your elders. To say that we are too stupid, and too much tied to the MSM to understand what an enlightened youngster would, is rubbish.

And while we're on this, it seems the little "haters" who did the attacking were a lot closer to your enlightened generation, than to my own senile one. You need your mind washed out with soap.

That is the most ignorant statement I have heard. It proves what I have said. Think about what you have said and my statement. I am DENYING your IGNORANCE!! I have no intolerance toward my elders, I am a very respectful individual. I served my country in the military and love it and all generations of this fine country. Most of my close friends are actually in their 60's just to let you know. My best man in my wedding is 61. So to say I am intolerant toward my elders is far from the truth. I respect them very much. I am not going to argue with you on this I am just doing what I do with most people that are ignorant. DENYING IT!! Get off the TV and go out in the world and see these people. Take a vacation to Egypt or Dubai.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join