It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we had to leave this country in an emegency (US)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OZ has plenty of room but relatively not much food resources (bring your own sandwiches?
) but who knows where the climate is going to end up? I have land in Tasmania which is high, isolated but a bit cold at the moment and some desert land close to Pine Gap (a target in nuclear war but centrally located in case of natural disaster) which is a bit too hot at the monent both with underground systems for food and water production. Its a very satifying hobby. I reckon the super volcano will be triggered unnaturally but I read a lot of these pages. The aborigines here reckon they have been here for 500k years and laugh at the scientists. have their pleiadian assistance legends and cave drawings to show them.
Whatever I was never a Boy Scout but I do fell prepared now for most eventualities.
boat, 4wd, moonshine still, shame its so hard to get weapons in OZ but I would like some...
All are welcome even though OZ has an appalling rep for refugee caring.
When the S hits the Fan we all become brothers or die. welcome bro.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Actually Sweden, Norway and New Zealand are supposed to be the places to to go.

I will stay behind and tend to my family and all of the pets you running folks will be leaving behind. I want to be near an area that would likely be destroyed- as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

I do not think it will come to that- although it will come dangerously close.

Just my $0.02!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by drflux
Last week, in my US government class we watched the republican debates. They mostly wanted to Reinforce the border. but then one candidate (forgot who) said to have a double fence all the way across the southern border. I think he said he built the on in san diego

A student then shared with the class that it seems like they are trying to keep us in rather than keeping illegal mexicans out. this has stuck with me since then.

in case of any emegency, how would we go about leaving the country? what if air travel and roads were closed? what kind of emegency would cause us to leave (this reminds me of the day after tommarow)? would people go north? or would only people with private jets have an opportunity to leave?

Depends on the emergancy. And as for something happening like the day after tomarrow would actually take many years. I would stay here. And if I had to leave the country I would go to Canada or Alaska and if I could get transportation to another country I would go to Iceland.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
i was always taught that germany was the scapegoat..... disregard anything here till i post again

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Timmyboi23]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Is arizona a bad spot to go?

I'm thinking of moving to Sedona.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Most of you seem to take it for granted that you can just walk into any country on the map and be met by the welcoming arms of your new hosts *laughs*

Of course you'll have to be able to financially support yourself in your new country. Bring your savings, assuming you have any (no dollars please, only Euros, Pounds or gold bars). Unfortunately we won't be able to take those who will burden us financially ... the sick, the unemployed, the elderly, anyone on welfare. And we can't take anyone with a criminal record either. Oh no.

Don't have a passport ? Sorry ... another time maybe.

So if we filter out all the above, the 4 remaining US citizens can crash in my spare bedroom no problem

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

see you there nial! i was born in mexico and i could just use those papers to get a passport in that country. it wouldnt be to hard if someone really wanted to get out that bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If there was a some type of catastrophe, you will go whereever you are able to go. Simply put, you won't have much choice. Also it depends on the catastrophe. My personal opinion is that the worst thing you can do is follow the crowd like a lemming. Were there a nuclear catastrophe I'd probably stay put in my house rather than take off in my car on federal highways to national parks in order to live the Therou lifestyle. Better to at least have some access to public health officials than have no idea about radioactive dangers since you are isolated. I'd probably do the same with a massive natural diasaster (say Yellowstone blowing up) Its a gamble though, and I can certainly understand why you'd choose to do that. Were it a constitutional emergency, I'd try to leave the country. Were it a zombie invasion, I'd find Charleton Heston and saddle my wagons with the Omega Man.

Obviously, I'd go wherever, but if I had my choice, I'd say (since I speak German and have many German friends and professional colleagues) I'd take my chances there or in Austria. Obviously Holland would be a good choice (I speak Dutch), but like I said all bets would be off and I'd go wherever I could get into.

As to the guy from Scotland who said that they would only take people who could financially support themselves and arrived with Euros/Gold/Pounds, it is not really that easy. If refugees decide in mass to go to a certain place (think economic refugees going from Latin America to the US) there is very little a government can do to dissuade them without shooting at them. Individuals are very resourceful and usually outmanuever governmental and bueauracratic machinations by the nation-state. Despite protestations by the Canadian, British, etc. govt., iff Americans think their lives and those of their families are at stake and their only hope is teh British Isles they would not be deterred by border guards, income requirements, or citizenship papers. Once there and feel that the immediate danger to their lives have passed, they will not allow themselves to be deported back to perceived certain death just because a letter comes in the mail. When Hatians, Cubans, etc send boats to the US coastline there is nothing easy for a government to do. If Americans decide to flee in mass, they likely wouldn't be using rickity fishing boats. I seriously doubt that the British govt (or potentially a future Scottish govt) are going to shoot at cruiseships, yachts, tankers, and fishing boats, crammed full of educated English-speaking refugees.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I think Yellowstone is the finale'. There's a way to go yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Nobody has stripped you away of anything it's that victim mentality once again.

Looking at your avatar I can tell you it's not the end of the world because that flag that you claim is keeping you down is only made of cloth and a big strapping lad like yourself could very easily break free.
Instead you choose to believe you have no opportunity. Give me a break.
Why do you think so many people continue to flock into this country?

If things are really that bad then sell your pc on eBay, you choose to spend way too much time on these threads when you should actually be spending all your free time doing something to improve your lifestyle by researching, reading and learning a new career.
I bet you play video games and watch tons of sports too.

PS, I thought it was "provide for the common defense"?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh yes..millions of people leaving at the same time- great idea- im sure no-one would notice

we are stuck here whether we like it or not or unless your filthy rich- trapped in our own government

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sorry, would never leave my country for any reason that I can think of. If you want me to be more specific, give me a scenario.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'd suggest Canada especially those closer to as an option. For ones not welcome in Canada-such as people with felonies, etc.- there are back ways, and flight and boat ways in.

As far as natural disasters go, if the Super volcano Yellowstone goes there's probably a chance that the pacific coast fault lines will shift, possibly causing the tsunami that floods Portland and Seattle. Not to mention the whole "California Falling into the ocean" theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
I'd suggest Canada especially those closer to as an option. For ones not welcome in Canada-such as people with felonies, etc.- there are back ways, and flight and boat ways in.

Yea! What he said. Come to Canada. We're friendly here! We could use more people like you US Citizens to be thrown into our small military. Man, I wish we had a nuke program. But hey, we're not perfect either. We have our share of corrupted Government. Take for example the time when Prime Minister Mulrony signed a deal with Air Canada Montreal to take the leadership role in servicing our jet fighters instead of sending them to Winnipeg, Manitoba. It was clearly a better choice to send them here to the middle of the continent, but nooo, some German had to hand him over 300 grand to pursuade him to send them to Montreal. See? Almost as corrupt as the American corporate monster which drives up the prices of healthcare in order to keep their pockets full. But if there was a climate crisis or Nuclear War, chances are your no safer here in Canada than you would be in the US. I'd be off the Churchill, near Hudsons Bay if hell broke out. Just my 0.02$ CAD worth anyways.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Nobody has stripped you away of anything it's that victim mentality once again.

I know you won't believe it when I tell you, but you are a victim too friend, you just don't know it yet. You probably won't bother to take the time to see what I'm talking about either, but there is a highly informative video that explains in painfully simple detail what is happening right under everyone's noses. Click here to visit the thread where the video is posted.

Looking at your avatar I can tell you it's not the end of the world because that flag that you claim is keeping you down is only made of cloth and a big strapping lad like yourself could very easily break free.

Actually, it keeps me warm at night. The sad part is I still believe in what America stands for, but the country you think America is no longer exists. It's been bought out. Same thing happened to my favorite pizza place. Same name different recipe, and I'll never get to savor it again.

Instead you choose to believe you have no opportunity. Give me a break.

Trust me, I'm about to make some opportunity, but it ain't gonna be pretty. You can only push people so far before they push back.

Why do you think so many people continue to flock into this country?

Because they think the streets are paved in gold, in many cases. Propoganda. Besides, illegal immigrants have more opportunity than a citizen, and none of the responsibilities.

If things are really that bad then sell your pc on eBay

Not mine to sell. I borrow, or use the one at the library.

you choose to spend way too much time on these threads when you should actually be spending all your free time doing something to improve your lifestyle by researching, reading and learning a new career.

Actually, I am learning a new trade by day. Research, reading and learning happen to be my hobbies. That is why I spend time here, and keep ATS open while I research a wide variety of subjects across the internet. And as I mentioned above, I go to the library too.

I bet you play video games and watch tons of sports too.

I haven't played a single video game since I lost everything I own. But I did like to play strategy games and simulators from time to time. I never watch sports.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Jackinthebox i have to say that i have liked to great extent of what you have posted. only one problem.

Because they think the streets are paved in gold, in many cases. Propoganda. Besides, illegal immigrants have more opportunity than a citizen, and none of the responsibilities.

those people dont believe the streets are paved in gold. theyre just isnt enough jobs or people to pay them. its not propaganda some have to save a whole week of pay (which you are even lucky to have) just to buy some good shoes.
illeagal immigrants dont have more opportunities than us citizens. most immegrants pay yearly taxes. but from EVERY illegal immagrant doesnt get social security benefits. that is billions and maybe even trillions .

i know someone that has been here since they where 1 and a half and cant even get a license to drive. it is not even his fault. if he gets pulled over for any reason he gets his car impounded arrested and charged hundreds in court. if a citizen gets pulled over they can get off with a warning.
he cant get a loan for collage. get a credit card. have credit. really anything that has to do with social security. he knows more english than spanish. if he gets deported then he will have to forget about this great country and go back to his.

now isnt that f@#! up?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Things must not be that bad since US tax dollars are paying for your library.

I'm on vacation this week and the only internet access I have is via my mobile phone which has no video capabilities, but I'll be sure to check out the vid next chance I get.

I'll get back wuth you.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If Yellowstone would erupt (and they say it's a super volcano) I don't think it matters were you go, the whole planet would be affected.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

Actually, Latino immigrants have a clearer sense of what they are facing in the US than people from across the oceans. Those are the ones who I find are dejected by what they find when they make it to the States.

Let me also make clear that I am not against immigration into the US, but I am completely against illegal immigration.

Let us speak plainly about Mexico in particular, as the bulk of illegal immigrants into the US are from Mexico. The Mexican people are being exploited by those Americans who are trying to stave-off the rising tide of debt that is drowning traditional middle-class America. Furthermore, the Mexican government is not being held accountable for its own corruption and unwillingness to eradicate the poverty of its own people. They would rather they become the new slaves of American agriculture and labor.

Let me give a few examples of why I personally resent illegal immigration.

Illegals are given access to services, health in particular, that I cannot even get. I broke my knee cap and could not afford to go to the hospital. An illegal has no such worry. They will be treated, and the cost passed along to my taxes.

I worked as a landscaper for several years and made a "living-wage." Quite suddenly my boss stopped calling me for work. I was never officially fired but told, "oh, no work today...Oh, equipment broke down today...etc."
Soon I found out that I had been replaced by an illegal Mexican who was actually being paid more per hour than I had been. I confronted my boss, who then explained to me that he "had to do what he had to do." He then had the nerve to gripe to me that my replacement did not have my skill level, particularly in treework, and that the language barrier was causing dangerous situations. But the facts were these: My boss made a greater profit with the illegal, even though the illegal was being payed more per hour. My boss did not have to pay for any sort of insurance on his new employee, or pay taxes on him. Furthermore, if any accident were to occur, he would have no expenses to cover.

Now please don't misundertand me, the plight of illegal immigrants is a sorrowful tale. But if immigration is not managed, everyone will lose, even the people who think they're getting over today.

By the way, my boss didnn't need to hire an illegal because he couldn't afford to pay a citizen. My boss had plenty of money already, and blew quite a bit gambling as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I hear you and am glad that you made it clear that you are against illegal immigration. most agree that reinforcing the border is necessary. but what i am talking about is the ones that have already been here for a long time.
I still disagreed with this though:

Illegals are given access to services, health in particular, that I cannot even get. I broke my knee cap and could not afford to go to the hospital. An illegal has no such worry. They will be treated, and the cost passed along to my taxes.

i am not sure if you mean welfare or just go into a hospital. in welfare many that get it dont need it and many that get it dont need it. sometimes someone on welfare will even have two jobs. a close friend of mine works at the local clinic so i should know . so in that aspect i agree with you. but for those that dont have welfare or no insurance are left with the full hospital bills. one of my cousins was slapped with a 20,000 bill for being bitten by a spider and causing an infection. And as i have said before most pay their taxes that they dont even get back.

My boss made a greater profit with the illegal, even though the illegal was being payed more per hour. My boss did not have to pay for any sort of insurance on his new employee, or pay taxes on him. Furthermore, if any accident were to occur, he would have no expenses to cover.

i actually heard this topic briefly for the debates. I agree that they should punish employers who knowingly hire illegals for cheap labor. your ex boss sounds like a d!@&.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join