It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we had to leave this country in an emegency (US)?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Last week, in my US government class we watched the republican debates. They mostly wanted to Reinforce the border. but then one candidate (forgot who) said to have a double fence all the way across the southern border. I think he said he built the on in san diego

A student then shared with the class that it seems like they are trying to keep us in rather than keeping illegal mexicans out. this has stuck with me since then.

in case of any emegency, how would we go about leaving the country? what if air travel and roads were closed? what kind of emegency would cause us to leave (this reminds me of the day after tommarow)? would people go north? or would only people with private jets have an opportunity to leave?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

The type of emergency that would cause people to leave would probably be the suspension of the Constitution.Oh, wait, that already happened a long time ago.

Martial law in the US is probably not very far off, in which case no one is going anywhere. You might get as far as Canada or Mexico, but that won't really matter anyway when they are annexed as part of a new North American union, federation, whatever they end up calling it. The Navy will block off the whole continent.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If you all have to bolt from your country i hope you got lotsa boats

If you make it to Australia I'd welcome you as long as you leave your
politics and politicians behind.

I wish you all well

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i find it interesting that you mention the suspension of the constitution. i have read on this subject before. I also have read the alliance that is close. i dont know if you have see the vid in which vicente fox (ex-pres of mexico) is on larry king live and explains that there is a possiblity of a continental monetary system. he said things were going smoothly until chavez (pres of venezuela) came into power. so i think chavez is not as crazy as everyone thinks.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by No_Worries

for that post i am adding you as my friend. oh and dont worry about my politicians... ill be keeping them off my boat like if they were zombies after me!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
FWIW:

I wouldn't be "leaving".

If worse came to worse, I'd simply set up residence at 23' X 4' below... easily branched forth from. A hand-dug well that used to accomodate a still, back in the day.

Today, it'd be our first "line of defense"... if you will.

No worries here.

$.02

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If your worried about jumping country cos of a disaster - what about that super volcano you call yellow stone national park? God if that thing went the whole world would feel it over the weeks.... you of course would be dead or trying to survive in a mad max world.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I wouldn't be "leaving".
If worse came to worse, I'd simply set up residence at 23' X 4' below... easily branched forth from. A hand-dug well that used to accomodate a still, back in the day.
Today, it'd be our first "line of defense"... if you will.
No worries here.

Set up a resistance to Mount St Helens caving in the west coast and sending super plumes of Hydrogen Sulphide into the atmosphere ? Every now and then the Gene Pool needs cleaning up...say no more.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My plan would be to go find some Hopi Indians at the four corners (not to hard if you are in the US) because there prophecies say there will be people that will follow their traditions and will go on to the next world. if that doesnt work ill try to reach venezuala where the gov there would deny the US to come in. from there i would try to reach the Himalayas. sound like a plan to me.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by drflux]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I wonder if going north to Canada, or south to Mexico would even be possible in a big disaster/other scenario. They might close their borders tightly to avoid taking too many refugees.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i wonder if they would still deport mexicans. i would go and tell them i am one then i would get a free trip to mexico. yay
or would they shoot me?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As far a non-political national disaster evacuation plans, don't worry. FEMA has that all worked out. I have trusted them ever since they did such a superb job of evacuating New Orleans, and helping all those people that really just wanted to stay home.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In an event that would send me fleeing from the US... hmm.. my first choice would obviously be Canada, this being because it is an english/french speaking country and ... well.. I speak english and moderate french as opposed to only being able to say hello and cuss a person out in spanish. Makes more sense to me.

As for how would I get there if the roads were closed and no flights? The border to Canada is immense. There is a lot of area that is out in the middle of nowhere and it would be hard at first for the full length of the border to be monitored. So, I would find a very remote area of the border and play bunny rabbit right over the border. Or swim my happy arse across one of the lakes, though that would suck cause that water can be cold.

Now, if suddenly Canada and Mexico was annexed into the US... hmm.. I guess I will be finding out if you can row a boat to England... and that would so suck!

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No, not England! They're the undeclared 51st State. There was actually a British Prime Minister who was wanted to form an alliance that would actually lead to that!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well bloody hell!

In that case.. land of my birth.. Germany. Need to start brushing up on my german I suppose.

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Schpreken zee deutcheee baby!"

Back to the land that started two World Wars might not be a good choice either though. I'm sure we'll see a fresh wave of fascism there too.

(no offense, I got German blood too)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well short of a free ride with an alien race that just stops in to visit... Im stuck on this planet.

So, my choices are either try to find a country not affected or.. hmm.. go to Anartica and see if the Cthulhu mythos are true!

Switzerland maybe? Sweden! I have swedish ancestors! And it is such a small country in comparison.

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

Ireland. Have been "neutral" since they got their independence for GB in the 19-teens. Might have to stow away, but that is where I would go..

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Id stay here in Alaska, where anyone can hide easily. Im already used to the hard winters....so, I think id be AOK. LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Alaska has crossed my mind.. and Ireland? Always wanted to visit there anyways so maybe I could row my boat there! LOL

VV

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join