It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we had to leave this country in an emegency (US)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
beautiful country and there are places there that NO ONE would be able to find you...

Alaska has crossed my mind as well....hhhmmm

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

Um, no. Would love to visit, probably even live there under the right circumstances, but Ireland has not been neutral.

Ireland provided material support to the Nazis in WWII, and are allowing US forces to use the Emerald Isle as a way-point/stopover in support of the war in Iraq. Furthermore, the IRA has been deemed a terrorist organization.

No offense to Ireland intended. Just speaking strictly on the subject of best places to go, Ireland wouldn't be it either.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You are entitled to your opinion.
IRA is now active in N Ireland, not the Republic of Ireland. The Republic of Ireland HAS remained neutral through WWII. They allowed German ships as well as Allied in their ports for a neutral supply depot. When the men decided to join personally in WWII, the VAST majority chose the side of the Allies and joined the British navy as well as the Army. But, there was no formal declaration of war on either side.
As far as the current issue in Iraq: They have always decided to allow American planes to refuel there. But once again, there was no formal statement backing Dubbya's actions. So technically, they ARE neutral....

Back to topic: If there was a situation that caused many to leave the USA, I would dare say that most, if not all industrialized countries would be also diversely affected.

Cheers!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

sorry. repost

[edit on 9-12-2007 by keltdruid65]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This is my backyard, so to speak. Its just a tiny tiny tiny part of Alaska. You can go weeks, months w/out seeing a soul up here. So easy. As long as you can hunt and fish...and chop wood....you can survive up here for so long.

Sometimes its quite scary when your walking thru the woods knowing how desolate it is up here and knowing that if something happened to you, you might not ever be found.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I must concede that official neutrality is a fact. I also must concede that there were plenty of Irish who did fight on the side of the Allies in WWII.

Wasn't there actually a public outcry against allowing the US to use facilities in Ireland on their way to Iraq?

I think you're right to the point that industrialized areas are all floating without a rubber dingee when the NWO flexes its death-grip.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I dunno, 30 days of night up there. All the vampires will run up there if the NWO chases them out of their underground lairs.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Wasn't there actually a public outcry against allowing the US to use facilities in Ireland on their way to Iraq?"

Boy Howdy there was!!!

I was there right after it started. We went to Dublin to check out Trinity College and the book of Kells, and there were Garda (police) EVERYWHERE!! I was not feeling well and I could not locate my friend Tom's place of work (he lives there). I was getting really ill and we decided to leave. Just as we were going out of Dublin back toward Limerick, we passed several Garda cars, motor bikes, and vans.
I read in the next day's Dublin newspaper we JUST missed a HUGE demonstration against the use of their airports as stop overs to Iraq. There was a Member of the Irish Parliament on the front page being dragged off by the authorities for public disorderly conduct. Wild times!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hey greeneyedleo.. save Lightmare and I a spot up there! Once the crap hits the fan, we are on our way up there!!

VV

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

HeHe!

Well, its not 30 days of darkness. In Dec the darkest month of the year...we still get about 4hrs of daylight
But it doesnt even last the whole month....not toooo bad.

And strangly, right now...its a very warm 18 degrees....yes, I said WARM!

However, summer....24 hrs of sunlight....whew.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Extraordinary scenery !

buts it's soooo cold there! That cold gets to me big time. I'd become an illegal in Mexico, they have good food...but you know, the more I think about it. I really don't like this scenario very much.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think I'd go all "Mad Max" in the Downunder. Maybe start me up a little Bartertown or something.

"This my vehicle, you pedestrian! Drive on!" -Master

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I truly cannot believe the hypocracy of some of these posts, especially the ones from the usual USGovt hatin' bunch that constantly voice their displeasure over how this country is being run.

In the event of a National Emergency, why would you even ask for help from the very same government you constantly bash?

if anything, the events of Katrina only emphasizes that we must not depend on anyone else, especially the govt, to save ourselves and our loved ones.

Why is the concept of fending and providing for yourself so difficult to grasp for some of these people?
It must be that victim mentality once again.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I dunno about anyone else here, but my biggest beef with the government is that they've stripped away my ability to provide for myself. Working two or three minimum wage jobs for 80 hours a week still won't get the rent paid with the lights on and food on the table. If they hadn't taken my family homestead, or allowed it to be taken, I could live off the land.

P.S. I don't expect anything from them, even if they did promise to provide for the common welfare.

[edit on 12/9/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe We should all head to Paraguay. I think it would be safe there......oh wait I think the Bush family has all ready started preparing for that see here.

empiresfall.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Excellent link. I wonder if they did end up buying the ranch down there. Maybe the Bush family knows something that we don't. Like as soon as he's out of office, and no longer pulling the strings that get the dam leaks plugged with bubble gum, the world is gonna lynch his candy-*burrow* for what he has done.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hmm. Good question. Where to go, Where to go? Well, if it was just me, I'd make my way to Oz, and if that didn't work, I'd find a way to New Guinea. Live off the land as long as possible.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ooh ooh, back to Australia again. Don't forget what Pig Killer taught us, "Remembah, no mattah whea you go, thea you ah."

We need some Aussies to post on this. Whuttya think mates? Could we get along in the Outback while the rest of the world implodes?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I live in a major metro area, but I have a good bit of land where the nearest town is 60 miles away, and that is a REALLY small town. It would be about a 7 hour drive just to get to a good size airport. On this land I am building a self contained home with water catchment, solar, etc.

I think this is a much better alternative than actually trying to leave the country. Though if I really needed to, the mexican border ain't too far away

People fail to realize there are plenty of places in this country that you can hide if you really want to. The downside is that you have to be completely self sufficient, which many people are unable to do.

Right now I just look it as a fun project, but if the SHTF, I will drop everything, abandon my main home and move there. The good part is the route there should not be a "checkpointed" area, if such a thing were to happen.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by TheStarMan]

[edit on 9-12-2007 by TheStarMan]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Beautiful country up there leo. I feel you're a lucky person to live in such a wonderful place away from all the hustle of the cities. That's where I would want to be. Stay warm up there and enjoy the holidays.

I guess I'd stay here in Tennessee in the mountains up high if possible. I got all the camping and fishing gear and guns to hunt if needed. I really hope that all this doom & gloom never happens and we figure out a way to all live together in peace someday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join