It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Goes Private To Spy On You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Bush this, Bush that, so what.

He is trying to make you guilty when he is the guilty one.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, they are going a little further than just taping phone calls now.

From opening article

Until now, domestic use of electronic intelligence from spy satellites was limited to scientific agencies with no responsibility for national security or law enforcement.

Until now, the US government wasn't allowed to use spy satellites to spy on its citizens

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), which was formally inaugurated in 2003, provides overhead imagery and mapping tools that allow intelligence and military analysts to monitor events from the skies and space. The NSA and the NGA have a close relationship with the supersecret National Reconnaissance Agency (NRO), which builds and maintains the U.S. fleet of spy satellites and operates the ground stations where the NSA's signals and the NGA's imagery are processed and analyzed. By law, their collection efforts are supposed to be confined to foreign countries and battlefields.

It IS against the law for spy satellite imagery to be used by the US government to use spy satellite imagery to gather intelligence on US soil, against its citizens.

I guess until now!

[edit on 7/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by Keyhole

Bush this, Bush that, so what.

He is trying to make you guilty when he is the guilty one.

Could be.

But I just really think he's a really paranoid person, I think he thinks EVERYBODY is after the US and/or him.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When my husband told me that the company he works with was sold to another company with not military background on what my husband former company has been doing under the defense department, I decided to research on them . . .

To my surprise and without giving names the new company major role is Satellite imagery sophisticated surveillance and top of the line.

Now this company is under the defense department contractor.

Funny this was just 2 month ago.

Interesting to point out that under the long list of Defense department contracted companies many of them are branched into sub companies that are either into security or surveillance.

Just my two cent here, to me it sounds like some kind of conspiracy.

Why does the government is now using private companies for surveillance?

Well beware because is not just one company but many of them and all dealing with security.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok what I don't get is everyone is shouting, "Hey thats not right. You should not be listening to my conversation about the New York Yankee's and how they should Wipe out the Boston Red Sox." Ok why worry if you have nothing to hide. Sure they will keep track of where you are, but the truth is, if you are not "Hot" within the system, IE a policical activist, a anti-war activist, or anything else, "Dangerous" to the United States, then you should have something to worry about.

Do you know how many people live in the United States? A Whole lot more then they can keep track've on a 24 hr basis. Sure once this get started they will have information on everyone, but they already have information on you. Its called being born and having a ID. They will only keep tabs on people they feel are a threat. Now someone like the Average Joe, will have nothing to worry about, he/she can come and go as he/she pleases. Just as long as they had a ID.

The government knows what doctors you go to, where you spend your credit cards, where you live, where your family lives, etc.
I just don't get it about some people.

Don't even get me started on how they want to Chip people, come on they already do it, its called your CELL PHONE. Sure they can't see exactly where you are, but they know what area you are in and what network cell you are in.

If you don't like living in this country pack up and move to Iran, they would sure not keep tabs on you. :rolls eyes:

Now before you flame me, saying "oh my god another supporter of the war, bush, NSA etc." Yes I love my country to death. There are certain things I don't agree with, like the use of my Tax money, and how it all goes to war, and useless things, just to line the pockets of some big CEO of a company.

I don't like Bush, but you have to admit he has done some pretty cool things, like make it seem like the US is incompetent in almost everything they do.

You have to hand it to him, he is like the Lemon, Natures Retard.

But in the end the US will get what it deserves, while myself, I know how to survive.

BTW if you want to survive...oh never mind its my secret.

/Gets out the Flame Shield\

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvestfreak

First of all, do you really think your government needs to be able to spy on you at will. So, we're now paying private companies to spy on ourselves for our government!

Does that REALLY sound right to you??

Isn't this something like Hitler did in Germany to gain control of the people, and the USSR, and how Saddam stayed in control of the people in Iraq? These lleaders kept tabs on EVERYTHING so they could crack down on any dissent against them or the government,

Wouldn't happen in the good old US of A you say?

S. 1959: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

If this becomes law, your words could be considered “promoting an extremist belief system”, and all they have to say is that you are using PLANNED OR THREATENED *FORCE* (DOES NOT HAVE TO BE VIOLENCE) –FORCE by exposing CORRUPTION, CRIMINALITY against “THE CIVILIAN POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES, *****OR ANY SEGMENT THEREOF” READ THE BILL MANY TIMES AND VERY CAREFULLY–YOU ARE THE TERRORIST (WHICH MEANS THEY CAN STRIP YOUR CITIZENSHIP, AND HAVE YOU TORTURED AND EXECUTED).

Here's the link to the actual bill

H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

And now Homeland Security has the Firemen doing illegal searches in homes.

Firefighters Asked to Report People Who Express Discontent with the Government

A year ago, Homeland Security gave security clearances to nine New York City fire chiefs and began sharing intelligence with them. Even before that, fire department personnel were being taught "to identify material or behavior that may indicate terrorist activities" and were also "told to be alert for a person who is hostile, uncooperative or expressing hate or discontent with the United States."

Unlike law enforcement officials, firemen can go onto private property without a warrant, not only while fighting fires but also for inspections. "It's the evolution of the fire service," said a Phoenix, AZ fire chief of his information-sharing arrangement with law enforcement.

This is "The Peoples" government, I really don't think many of "The People" feel all this spying on US citizens is warranted or healthy for our future!

[edit on 7/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The american government cannot go any lower in my book- it makes me sick what they're planning to do...goodbye freedom, hello shackles

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's times like this that make me wish for a civil war- at least then we'd have closure- I'd rather die for my freedom than live with no freedom- whats the point of living without freedom? The law is and always will be b.s. and now they're just adding more ridiculous laws. Until one day when living will be against the law. There are no good intentions anymore. Now they're intentions are "How can we screw over the american people even more?"

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Too much good stuff.

A satellite to track Florida driver licensed Arabs from disco to strip joint?

"Do not listen to wild conspiracy theories" says Bush.

OK man, I stick with William R Lyne's normal researched facts.

Any one left in the CIA remember if Ike saw Hitler?

Just want to know some normal stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Why does your title mention Bush?

When did Bush propose this bill? It sounds like someone from Congress proposed this bill.

Wait....my toilet is over-flowing.....It must be Bushs fault.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It seems that we are turning into like pre Nazi Germany and very soon we will know who are going to be filling out the offices of the Gestapo.

Interesting how history . . . tends to . . . repeat itself . . .

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Preparation for when the govt turns our country over to the NAU and citizens are outraged. Just like that homegrown terrorist BS bill.

It's all to prevent an uprising, started getting pissed off now people, before its too late.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

The president can tell congress if he wants them to do something. IE Kennedy and the Civil Rights legislation

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok people if you are getting pissed off, then do something, don't just sit at home on your computer typing away, while drinking Soda, and watching t.v. while you talk about the government is taken away our freedoms, and such, THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I am getting sick and tired of the BS about people saying how we need to do something. Try it out and do something.

You know what I think, you are scared about what the big bad government is going to do. So what, take a chance, who knows you may be able to do something worthwhile, then just sitting around doing nothing.

If you think about people are scared, because they know once something goes wrong in the US, then hello Police State, I say bring it on! Put the people to the ultimate test. What have we got to lose?

EDIT: Hey who knows, if the Police State comes, we may actually see some real change.

EDIT: Change is good.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Harvestfreak]

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Harvestfreak]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvestfreak

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Government going out of control. We had plenty of all powerful "governments" during the Dark Ages, I thought those days were over and never to return.

Because we are "smart" we no longer separate ourselves into "nobles" and "serfs", and the king cannot just order "off with his head" if he wants to. There is no way people will accept that kind of behavior from "the rulers" are they ?

Sorry but I think they are. The millions of people that have all the material stuff they need, but have only read 1 or 2, or no books at all in their life, who see the TV as "a window to the real world" are going to accept whatever they are told

[edit on 7-12-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Sorry but I think they are. The millions of people that have all the material stuff they need, but have only read 1 or 2, or no books at all in their life, who see the TV as "a window to the real world" are going to accept whatever they are told

You are totally correct, I in no way shape or form, will let the government stick me in the ass, but if it means playing by their rules, until something better comes along, hey I will take it, because with the backing of the government, you get so much more, then if you were to oppose them.

Think about it, would you rather live in total freedom, but worry about eating and where you will sleep every night, or live under a set of rules and eat and sleep well?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Think about it, would you rather live in total freedom, but worry about eating and where you will sleep every night, or live under a set of rules and eat and sleep well?

No thought needed!!! I chose the freedom, because I can chose for my self!!

If I wanted to "Live under a set of rules and eat and sleep well" I'd go rob a bank or murder someone so I could get a nice life sentence in jail!

Wow are you misled!!

[edit on 12/7/2007 by redseal]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
But we'll be safe!

I can see it now.. "We're not happy Mr. President! Yea but you're safe! Heh heh."

As this gets worse and worse, the real stomach churner, I think, will be the sheer amount of acceptance over these issues. We can't win a war against a shadow.

we must destroy that which casts it.
castrate caste
levee en masse

this corpse has become increasingly bloated
unceasingly goaded, i poke it with a stick
rupture this structure and gut the cruddy frame
i want this place to change but it stays the bloody same
all action will happen as it is meant to
consciousness LD50; nifty
shifty eyed tyrant must be blinded
vendetta trend setter vetted red letter

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Whats the one reason any government would treat their people like prisoners? They're afraid. Now ask yourself, what are they up to they should be afraid about?

Bush and co want to lock up each and every American, so Bush can become a complete Dictator. He doesn't have to fake election results if there's no election!

Anyhow, there's always Canada to escape to. We tend to end up as the front lines of any issues the US has. Not a problem though, glad to help keep the US free.

Just don't bring any of that Fascism up here with you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join