It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Goes Private To Spy On You

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
It's quite simple to avoid: don't use anything electronic. No mobile, no telephone, no internet. Use cash anywhere possible. I'd like to see them try and spy on that!

People are stupid if they think 24 hour surveillance will make them more secure and free of ID theft. It won't - you only have to look at how ID theft works to see that!!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

It doesn't matter anymore. You could be completely electronic free and still be under surveillance. There are security cameras on roadways and intersections. More and more cameras are being installed. There are satellite programs in place to watch homes, cars, gps trackers etc.

Have a social security number? The police can run you through a national data base and in a flash they will know who you are, and if you can't be identified they can haul you in and run fingerprints and the whole nine yards.

If someone wanted to truly disappear, they would have to find one of the most remote areas in the country, take hand made clothing, blankets, tent, food stores, and necessaries for living off the land. Even then, if they truly wanted to find you they would. I know, I live out in nowhere's ville where cameras are getting installed in some really remote areas. I see them when I go hiking.

I'm starting to finally open my eyes and see that we no longer have such a thing as privacy.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ok this (American Government) is surely getting a wee bit out of hand now. Sure enough America has inside problems and they have systems already in place to counter them. BUT this seems a little bit of a stretch of power, police state? it does seem so doesn't it.
There is one thing I'm primarily interested in, the surveillance of the Internet.
Now we all know that the Internet doesn't exist in a single country or continent, but as another "space". Saying that America can not single out "American" Internet users from the rest of us.
Yes Servers and Internet Providers, but they to, are not limited to America for sure. They would be spying on us all. Almost LEGALLY.

I know that this raises a few concerns for me,
and I'm defiantly not going back to the stone age in order to keep my life from being under surveillance.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Dude they've probably been spying on the general population for a while now. I don't care if they see my emails and listen to my phone calls because as long as they won't knock on my front door it's fine with me. It's not like they're going to care about some football conversation.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh I can't disagree with you they mate.
But considering what the Government thinks is right or wrong to talk about or have an opinion is a totally different story.
Saying any number of words can, most likely has and most likely will get you flagged one way or another. Privacy has officially and legally gone out the ****ng window!

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Mahem87]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Think about it, would you rather live in total freedom, but worry about eating and where you will sleep every night, or live under a set of rules and eat and sleep well?

Freedom, no question about it.

What really worries me is that I keep hearing things like this:

Ok why worry if you have nothing to hide. Sure they will keep track of where you are, but the truth is, if you are not "Hot" within the system, IE a policical activist, a anti-war activist, or anything else, "Dangerous" to the United States, then you should have something to worry about.

I don't care if they see my emails and listen to my phone calls because as long as they won't knock on my front door it's fine with me. It's not like they're going to care about some football conversation.

About the "giving away your bank account" stuff... the safest precaution is the chip. It's coming.

Seems to me, it's a matter of deciding which is better; some lack of freedoms or freedom with less security? Certainly in days ahead some third-world Countries will have finally made weapons not in the US interest.

Who was it that said "the only thing neccessary for evil to flourish is that good men do nothing"? That's exactly what we are doing as a society... nothing. People sit around in their air-conditioned homes sucking up electricity to entertain, inform
, and comfort them, watching the world of freedom slip away. The freedom I speak of is the very reason we have these luxuries; without it, they too will disappear.

But even I can tire of wasting my time. No one will listen anyway, so why should I keep repeatig the message? Is there anyone out there who can stand with me to say "enough!"? Can anyone at least write their congressmen? Can anyone at least be politically active in their communities? Can anyone run for a local office? Challenge the public school system? Or, as I suspect, is it too much trouble to miss the latest mindless drivel sit-com?

I fear for most, the answer is the latter...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Why does your title mention Bush?

Because that was the title of the article. I didn't make the title up, the author of the article did.

[edit on 8/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
Ok why worry if you have nothing to hide. Sure they will keep track of where you are, but the truth is, if you are not "Hot" within the system, IE a policical activist, a anti-war activist, or anything else, "Dangerous" to the United States, then you should have something to worry about.

Now someone like the Average Joe, will have nothing to worry about, he/she can come and go as he/she pleases.

When are political activism or anti-war activism dangerous to the U.S.? Isn't the first amendment right to freedom of speech supposed to protect people who have strong political opinions and choose to voice them? There are plenty of people who oppose the war in Iraq; if they post here or write to the newspapers or their congressional representatives, or campaign for anti-war candidates, or even go out and demonstrate peacefully, does that make them dangerous to the national interests?

And who is this Average Joe who has nothing to worry about? Somebody who complains but does nothing? Somebody who won't even complain?

This proposal is just being considered by Congress. All of us dangerous activists should write to our representatives before it passes.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
Think about it, would you rather live in total freedom, but worry about eating and where you will sleep every night, or live under a set of rules and eat and sleep well?

I would rather live free.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Freedom of speech still exists otherwise, we, here now, would not be able to write or talk as such.
But Governments worldwide are cracking down and limiting what is considered safe and thus are Freedom of speech is becoming less and less.
Anyone with a different view is scrutinized, whether that is by the Government or indirectly by the worlds media.
The power of words can be powerful, but if anything is to change dramatically, words are not going to be enough, and it would take more than a nation of individuals to make it felt.
Society today lives in fear of are governments, and that is the problem, all the people that do know whats right and different, fell isolated, and those whom do not hide, "Terrorist" and casted aside by the mainstream.

There is not much we can do, but what we can do, we must keep doing, otherwise we are the same as the rest.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So do we need an anti gangster government police force?
How do we do that?
Any one for detective work on 9/11/01 ?
Its not even a cold case, it case closed.
I wonder if JFK JR ever became president he would open the 9/11
and his fathers cases.
Yeah, I think he would. I would vote for some who would do that.

The science conspiracy is only an old project perhaps with all these
other conspiracies necessary to carry on the gangster state.

Relax, its only mind control at its finest.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sure that would even work!
Companies, corporations and the private sector all have there hands in the cookie jar!
Corruption and money, and CONTROL is all that government is about, always was and still is.
Except they're just gaining more and more control over there nations people.
The only way i can currently think of changing it greatly, would be that it collapses in on itself, much like the former Soviet Union.
Maybe (and most unfortunately) time will tell?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I hear you. Its well understood.

Perhaps I'm hoping to complain long enough their kind will drop and die.
Or hope for about a thousand JFKs to route them all out next time around.

Even on the net, to turn around the Alien mind controlled set against
Tesla as the UFO designer gets no where.
I've seen a few in the right direction.
But major media keeps it going.
NY Post Parade magazine keeps it going on Sunday:
Are They Out There?
SEE ALL COMMENTS
Brought to you by mind control from international gangster governments
and bankers.
Posting that Tesla designed the UFO and the same people giving them Aliens
are hiding the development of a science they know nothing about will get
nowhere.

Its the SAME people on the 'security' gravy train, doers of 9/11 and the rest
of government anti governed actions. What happen to the Republican motto
of less Federal Government? Guess that was the Civil Right Issues.

What about acid rain, those controls must be working.
There is weird science out in government action group land like
Global warming... which guys like Alex Jones in Endgam3 after a series
state sponsored phony science initiatives have the GW solution going into
taxes and the elimination human populations so the wigged out elite can
continue to breath and rule over its minions.

Its a good joke but it all fun a games for the elite, as long as we
know it... guess we are safe. I feel bad for those suckered into these
government programs.

George Carlin On NWO & Politics

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If Bush is spying on you, then that also must mean he's spying on everybody else who works in and for White House, too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, including congress, too.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Those in or near the White House, would surely be among the most scrutinized, if not then it would be one of the greatest security flaws.

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

....., as long as we
know it... guess we are safe. .

And I unquestionably agree with you on that point!
Time will tell, if we live to see that happen or not is another story.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahem87

I just saw a TV special on the Piltdown Man Hoax.
It lasted 40years, just enough time for all to retire.

Just another Illuminati, join the club with a doctors degree or just plain
inherited wealth with power, phony science invention or hoax.

The rule of the masses: 'pay no attention to egghead over there' pays off
as a survival instinct.

As far as Gore's super highway of knowledge goes, I see them working
hard to fill the void of conspiracy theories with added spins.
You can get theories and facts with spins at emotions as Truman killing
thousands for no reason. That might turn off all but the ones they
try to control. Lyne and his Tesla theories have never been expanded
and for good reason, the conspiracy ties into the present day.

[edit on 12/11/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Source: Associated Press
WASHINGTON - The nation's spy court said Tuesday that it will not make public documents regarding the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping program.
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, in a rare public opinion, said the public has no right to view the documents because they deal with the clandestine workings of national security agencies.

The American Civil Liberties Union asked the court to release the records in August.

Writing for the court, U.S. District Judge John D. Bates refused
"The identification of targets and methods of surveillance would permit adversaries to evade surveillance, conceal their activities, and possibly mislead investigators through false information," Bates said.

Everyone asks "why don't we do anything about it?" It seems to me that we do try to do something about it and it is always shot down by a prevailing force. Such as a judge in this case. They seem to be the ones who decide what the public gets to know and what they don't.
No matter how much we request to see documents involving secrecy or scandals, we (the public) are always turned down because it will risk our "National Security". It always seems to be the same BS with this administration. They claim to have our best interests at heart yet they never seem to listen to us when we have real concerns. It really makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thats all thats needed to fix the crime problem .. More Security, More police, more private investigative services, more prisons, more laws, more police powers, More More More.. When does it stop?

It doesnt and wont stop .. as a individual if you question the powers that be even at a local community level, You risk being marginalised within your community. Sectionalised and pigeon holed as a radical and your details can be handed to the local authoritys, Local Authoritys report to federal Authoritys.. suddenly free speech isnt so free.. As a individual you have no rights if you argue against the majority and largely if there is a monetry gain for the leaders of the majority then its game over red rover..

There is a degree at which people are criminalised by the system, When the law abiding citizen becomes the target of over zealous under resourced security professionals.. Thats when Id like to opt for a quiet south pacific island where the hardest decision of the day isnt whether or not I choose to be filmed filling up my 4wd at the local seven eleven with those images being able to be sold to a multi national advertising agency but that I lie on the beach or go for a swim..

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Pai Mei suggests that we read more books. That reminded me of the science fiction novel Friday, written by Robert Heinlein in 1982. Here is the Amazon link to currently available copies, but your local library probably also has a copy:

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197499433&sr=1-1

All of the surveillance issues mentioned in this thread are mentioned in that 1982 novel as present, or should I say omnipresent? Heinlein's predictive power is startling, as are the dodges used by his title character in evading the surveillance of various public and private entities. It's worth a read.

And in support of the concept that the British have been spying on U.S. citizens for a long time at the behest of the U.S. government, here is a book written by a retired U.S. Justice Department lawyer which details that activity. Title: The secret war against the Jews (1995)

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197499853&sr=1-1

According to Loftus, who is an attorney, the U.S. used the British government spies in order to collect information on their own citizens (anybody, not just Jewish people) and still maintain deniability when having to testify to Congress about U.S. spying on our own citizens. Loftus refers to this caper as the "you spy on ours, and we spy on yours" scheme.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately the choice of running is a very appealing option,
although exactly where? and how,? and without being followed or scrutinized doing so?
I am currently reading 1984 and its quite a reinforcing statement on what is apparent in the current world stage.
Run and leave the world and its problems to kill itself and you'll live throught it hopefully.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join