It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Goes Private To Spy On You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Bush Goes Private to Spy on You

www.alternet.org

Under a proposal being reviewed by Congress, a National Applications Office (NAO) will be established to coordinate how the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and domestic law enforcement and rescue agencies use imagery and communications intelligence picked up by U.S. spy satellites. If the plan goes forward, the NAO will create the legal mechanism for an unprecedented degree of domestic intelligence gathering that would make the United States one of the world's most closely monitored nations
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Are things REALLY so bad here that ALL this is necessary.

Now private contractors are going to be used to spy on US citizens and spy satellites!

Good Lord! I'm really beginning to think that we maybe being set up to become a police state!

I really don't see any reason why the US citizens have to endure the government wanting to be able to monitor our every move! Just because the technology is out there now they think that they have to use ALL the technology in every way possible.

I think that's part of the probablem too, I think they're becoming, for want of a better word, "techno crazy".

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
But we'll be safe!

I can see it now.. "We're not happy Mr. President! Yea but you're safe! Heh heh."

As this gets worse and worse, the real stomach churner, I think, will be the sheer amount of acceptance over these issues. We can't win a war against a shadow.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
And here's an interesting little tid-bit from the article above:

Bush Goes Private to Spy on You

Donald Kerr, a former NRO director who is now the No. 2 at ODNI, recently explained to reporters that the intelligence community was no longer discussing whether or not to spy on U.S. citizens: "Our job now is to engage in a productive debate, which focuses on privacy as a component of appropriate levels of security and public safety,'' Kerr said. ''I think all of us have to really take stock of what we already are willing to give up, in terms of anonymity, but [also] what safeguards we want in place to be sure that giving that doesn't empty our bank account or do something equally bad elsewhere.''

I can hardly believe I'm reading this, and that this sort of thing is happening in the US, this is the sort of thing you would think that the USSR might have done to its people, not the good ole USA.

Welcome to "The United States Of No Privacy"!

[edit on 6/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
From the article:

"If the plan goes forward, the NAO will create the legal mechanism for an unprecedented degree of domestic intelligence gathering that would make the United States one of the world's most closely monitored nations" (emphasis added by me).

I have to ask: the US isn't already the closely monitored nations
?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
About the "giving away your bank account" stuff... the safest precaution is the chip. It's coming.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's quite simple to avoid: don't use anything electronic. No mobile, no telephone, no internet. Use cash anywhere possible. I'd like to see them try and spy on that!

People are stupid if they think 24 hour surveillance will make them more secure and free of ID theft. It won't - you only have to look at how ID theft works to see that!!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Don't foget the spy satellites that are going to be flying over the US to watch citizens now.

Better use an umbrella whenever you go outside!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Call me suspicious, call me paranoid, but I never assume that they are not already tuned in to me and my actions at all times. I have proof, but then its not something that could be shared without major debunking. NO hard evidence...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

They article isn't really talking about bank account theft or identity theft, but how much information the government is going to want you to display at various places, such as airports and such.

I guess they are kind of worried that they want soooo much info on everybody, that bank account theft might become easy if all this info they are thinking about us carrying around gets into the wrong hands.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They have been spying on Americans for a long time. Before 9/11 they had the Brittish monitor American's communications. It's only a matter of time before the police can come into your house and rape your wife and beat your kids while making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Seems to me, it's a matter of deciding which is better; some lack of freedoms or freedom with less security? Certainly in days ahead some third-world Countries will have finally made weapons not in the US interest.

Dallas

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

Wow, Dallas. You seem to be a part of the system already.

It always surprised me how people can be so narrow minded. No offense, just a generalization.
I'm really sorry for American citizens.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Leevi]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
We can't win a war against a shadow.

Sure we can. Want to know how? All that we need to do is to turn on the lights!! If we illuminate the situation, we win. The way that we do this is by educating as many as possible about the things that are important, and not worrying about the rest.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
"We are stuck"

Those were the words of my co workers yesterday when i brought this up.

Americans saying "we are stuck" In other words, there's nothing anyone can do. I beg to differ big time with that statement.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

So lets give them some ideas as to what they can do to illicit change!! I think people aren't doing anything because they don't know where to begin. They all want reassurances that what they do will work, when there are no reassurances with these kinds of problems. All there are are problems, and potential solutions to those problems. We all need to UNITE to get change though. That's the first step. IF we can do this simple thing, we'll be a HUGE step closer to that change.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
None of this "fear" of being spied upon would be happening if the insane leftist, congressional idiots and associated media would shut the heck up and let the military wipe out islamofacist. Also if the borders were sealed, tresspassers shot on sight. Execute the entire ACLU. Put prayer back in school, the ten commandments engraved on the wall of every building. Spank all the rotten kids. Spray DDT everywhere, drill for oil in Alaska, bring back 8-track "quad" tapes. Put a nuke plant in every backyard. Tell us who really killed JFK and what crashed in Roswell. Put barbed wire around Hollywood with heavily armed southern-christian redneck guards. Dig up Princess Di and clone her as a person servant for all Nascar nuts.

Oh and put "lard" in the deep friers in every MickyD's, KFC and Denny's.

If I have falled to insult anyone that required insulting please send me a U2U to be included.

[edit on 12/7/0707 by astmonster]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
as far as i am aware you are already being spied on using the echelon network,( including domestic spying.)

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
America the nation of the free

Just be aware when you gather with friends and decide to complain about our free for the people democratically elected government.

The government private Gestapo will be listening to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is it just me, or wasn't there a big hulabaloo about Bush wanting to tape suspected terrorism-related international calls a while back? Didn't seem to be a big deal at the time, but now we have this little snippet of news coming to light. Where is all the outrage?

I also seem to recall something about torturing Iragi/Afghani war POWs by making them stand up for 10 hours straight. That wasn't torture, but it seemed evry liberal egghead who could manage to get their hands on a mic or camera thought it was. Now we have waterboarding. Where is all the outrage?

I'm thinking it's all the politicians, not just the Demopublicans and Republicrats. And this segment of history-in-the-making is nothing more than a nice little choreographed show for the amusement of the masses while they are being led to the slaughterhouse...

Everyone who agrees with me say "Mooooooo"...

TheRedneck

<<   2  3 >>

join